1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts

Righto, the eyes are working for me now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #242
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    i hope to make an awesome zombie zorua someday...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    February 2011
    305 Posts
    Great news everyone!

While I was tinkering around with PSound, it turned out that it's capable to play voice samples!

Now this adds wholly new layer of awesomeness in Gmod videos!
    Will you also add the Japanese voices?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #244
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    私は彼または彼女を、私ではない実際に確実、望む!
    lol translate that! NOW SLAVE, NOW!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

5. Post #245
    February 2011
    305 Posts
    私は彼または彼女を、私ではない実際に確実、望む!
    So you don't want them? That's the gist of it... I think

The voice files say the first four letters of their Japanese names, but they're the English voice files... Miju = Mijumaru, Poka = Pokabu ect.

Another thing... Can you add the pokémon from the first PPWii, as some Pokémon like Venusaur aren't in the second one.

Oh god... The Oshawott ones sound like it's rabid.

6. Post #246
    January 2012
    379 Posts
    So you don't want them? That's the gist of it... I think

The voice files say the first four letters of their Japanese names, but they're the English voice files... Miju = Mijumaru, Poka = Pokabu ect.

Another thing... Can you add the pokémon from the first PPWii, as some Pokémon like Venusaur aren't in the second one.

Oh god... The Oshawott ones sound like it's rabid.
    it doesn't matter whether they're in english or not. do you think Pokemon uS would want to re-script and re-program the game just so that files unintended to be accessable would be named in english?

exactly, so says RABID OSHAWOTT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #247

June 2010
    241 Posts
    Not sure, though, as I'm not familiar with Japanese voices for Pokémon, though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

8. Post #248
    February 2011
    305 Posts
    it doesn't matter whether they're in english or not. do you think Pokemon uS would want to re-script and re-program the game just so that files unintended to be accessable would be named in english?

exactly, so says RABID OSHAWOTT
    It does matter if they're in English or not, because quite often the English ones sound ridiculous, like OSHAWOTT. Not only do their names sound awful from 4th gen onward, but the way they do the voices is laughable! Samurott sounds like a Muppet and half of the 5th gen Pokémon sound unrecognizable. I just don't think it's right for Simipour and Sandile to sound like Chimchar or Pignite to sound like a bird. Simipour should sound like a girl-ish monkey and Sandile like a CROCODILE.
    All I want to do is check the differences between the English and Japanese voices. Hell, I'd even listen to the French, Spanish or whatever different Mijumaru voices there are.

9. Post #249
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,483 Posts
    I renamed my Oshawott Mijumaru in Pokemon White, because I prefer "Mijumaru".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    I renamed my Oshawott Mijumaru in Pokemon White, because I prefer "Mijumaru".
    I bet that got awkward once it evolved.

All I want to do is check the differences between the English and Japanese voices. Hell, I'd even listen to the French, Spanish or whatever different Mijumaru voices there are.
    I found this a year ago, and I assume this is Japan's equivalent of Oshawott (Mijumaru). I'll admit this voice is more tolerable.

11. Post #251
    February 2011
    305 Posts
    BTW, if you watch a video on talking Tsutaaja, you can tell she's voiced by Japanese Jessie (Musashi).

12. Post #252
    September 2009
    2,020 Posts
    私は彼または彼女を、私ではない実際に確実、望む!
    And they thought I was stupid, this is ridiculous...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    And they thought I was stupid, this is ridiculous...
    Ridiculous and very rude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts

I found this a year ago, and I assume this is Japan's equivalent of Oshawott (Mijumaru). I'll admit this voice is more tolerable.
    I'm guessing the English voice actor wanted to be close to the Japanese voice, but it got lost in translation (pardon the pun). I personally still think both versions are cute.

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    I'm guessing the English voice actor wanted to be close to the Japanese voice, but it got lost in translation (pardon the pun). I personally still think both versions are cute.
    I wish I could agree, but my first impressions were based on what the first audio sample was going to sound like.

And it was jarring.

Unfortunately, a lot of the other samples sounded the same way, so I was fairly unimpressed overall. Granted, it could've been worse, but it definitely could've been better.

Just my opinion though.

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    438 Posts
    I prefer the cries you hear in the main games (Red, Silver, Diamond, the rest) or something of the like rather than having the Pokemon shout their names wherever they go. There are a few exceptions, though, but definitely not in the majority group.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #257
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    I wish I could agree, but my first impressions were based on what the first audio sample was going to sound like.

And it was jarring.

Unfortunately, a lot of the other samples sounded the same way, so I was fairly unimpressed overall. Granted, it could've been worse, but it definitely could've been better.

Just my opinion though.
    I heard it in the anime when it first aired, so I've been living with it for about a year by now. Not only did I actually see it visually attached to a cute animated Oshawott, but I got to hear voice clips that were much less jarring than what's in this game.

18. Post #258
    February 2011
    305 Posts
    I heard it in the anime when it first aired, so I've been living with it for about a year by now. Not only did I actually see it visually attached to a cute animated Oshawott, but I got to hear voice clips that were much less jarring than what's in this game.
    I have to agree, the game is especially bad.

19. Post #259
    April 2011
    2,483 Posts

That is the most adorable attempt at making a plush speak I've ever seen.

20. Post #260
    February 2011
    305 Posts
    And it gets worse. Apparently the dubbing company thought Galvantula should sound like a monster.
    BTW, despite its small size, Joltik DOES NOT sound like the smallest Pokémon, which, BTW, much bigger Pokémon than it sound smaller; Togepi, Butterfree and bayleef.

Ferroseed sounds like ferraseed and Ferrothorn, ferrathorn.

BTW, why did they make Kling so damn high pitched? If anything, shouldn't it have the same bitch as MAGNEMITE, since it's its CLONE and everything. :/

21. Post #261
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,830 Posts
    One sound that never made any sense to me was Heatran's cry. I mean according to the legends it was really powerful, you had to go through that difficult level with that redheaded jerk to fight it, and then it shows up looking so powerful, but the second it opens it's mouth you really just have to laugh at how it sounds. I mean I expected a roar, or at least a growl, and what do we get: a squeak, and a quiet one at that.

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    One sound that never made any sense to me was Heatran's cry. I mean according to the legends it was really powerful, you had to go through that difficult level with that redheaded jerk to fight it, and then it shows up looking so powerful, but the second it opens it's mouth you really just have to laugh at how it sounds. I mean I expected a roar, or at least a growl, and what do we get: a squeak, and a quiet one at that.
    You mean like this?

Because if it really sounds anything remotely to that, that's exceedingly ridiculous.

It's been years since I watched the Pokémon cartoon. As soon as they started to navigate the "Orange Islands" I was pretty much done with the animated series.

And naturally I was thoroughly confused at the time because I didn't recall any Orange Islands in the games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    February 2011
    305 Posts
    BTW, one thing that drives me crazy with 4th and 5th gen Pokémon is pronunciation. Is it too much to not have Bouffalant say "Baloofalant" or so many 5th Gen Pokémon sound like unintelligible grumbles? Another thing that annoys me with the Pronunciations, is that sometimes the Trainers add letters, or take out letters in the Pokémons names they're using and some Pokémon like Gardevoir are called "Gardevor".

24. Post #264
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,830 Posts
    You mean like this?

Because if it really sounds anything remotely to that, that's exceedingly ridiculous.

It's been years since I watched the Pokémon cartoon. As soon as they started to navigate the "Orange Islands" I was pretty much done with the animated series.

And naturally I was thoroughly confused at the time because I didn't recall any Orange Islands in the games.
    Wow seriously? Wasn't that only like the second series? I held on all the way up to the beginning of Black/White. Also it sounds like a slightly lower pitched version of that.

Edited:

BTW, one thing that drives me crazy with 4th and 5th gen Pokémon is pronunciation. Is it too much to not have Bouffalant say "Baloofalant" or so many 5th Gen Pokémon sound like unintelligible grumbles? Another thing that annoys me with the Pronunciations, is that sometimes the Trainers add letters, or take out letters in the Pokémons names they're using and some Pokémon like Gardevoir are called "Gardevor".
    The pronunciation is more like gar-dev-wahr.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #265
    February 2011
    305 Posts
    Wow seriously? Wasn't that only like the second series? I held on all the way up to the beginning of Black/White. Also it sounds like a slightly lower pitched version of that.

Edited:

The pronunciation is more like gar-dev-wahr.
    I know how it's supposed to be pronounced, I was just saying I think I remember someone in the Animé saying Gardevor once.

BTW, the second series is AG, AKA 3rd Gen. 1st and 2nd gen are the same series.

26. Post #266
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,830 Posts
    I know how it's supposed to be pronounced, I was just saying I think I remember someone in the Animé saying Gardevor once.

BTW, the second series is AG, AKA 3rd Gen. 1st and 2nd gen are the same series.
    It was a few times, by Jessie in an RSE episode about Max and a Ralts (I can remember that off the top of my head but I forget the answers to half the questions on a history test) and what I meant by second series is wasn't the orange island incident done in between the Kanto and Johto regions? Because I honestly never saw any of that one until after the RSE generation.

27. Post #267
    February 2011
    305 Posts
    Orange Island is between Kanto and Johto, because in the Animé, not all of the 1st Gen Pokémon had been shown and they were already finished with Kanto, so that's why Orange Islands was made.

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    677 Posts
    It was a few times, by Jessie in an RSE episode about Max and a Ralts (I can remember that off the top of my head but I forget the answers to half the questions on a history test) and what I meant by second series is wasn't the orange island incident done in between the Kanto and Johto regions? Because I honestly never saw any of that one until after the RSE generation.
    The Orange Islands were in the second *season* of the cartoon. But their adventures through Kanto, Johto, and the Orange Islands are all classified as the original *series,* before the Advanced Generation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,830 Posts
    The Orange Islands were in the second *season* of the cartoon. But their adventures through Kanto, Johto, and the Orange Islands are all classified as the original *series,* before the Advanced Generation.
    I counted series by the different themesongs (almost all of which I memorized) thanks for clearly that up though.

30. Post #270
    April 2011
    193 Posts
    As far as voice samples went, I liked the ones from the stadium games best. However I don't think anyone's managed to get audio for the cries in those games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #271
    April 2011
    2,483 Posts
    Is that Gardevoir Vore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #272
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Suddenly, out of the left field...

A request for Golbat appears!

Of course, I may be one of the few who find Golbat hilarious.

Edit But... how would a pokemon like Golbat who has a lot of mouth and tongue movement be put in ragdoll form, out of curiousity.

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    397 Posts
    Suddenly, out of the left field...

A request for Golbat appears!

Of course, I may be one of the few who find Golbat hilarious.

Edit But... how would a pokemon like Golbat who has a lot of mouth and tongue movement be put in ragdoll form, out of curiousity.
    Golbat terrified me as a child. But i'd like to see him as a ragdoll as well!

34. Post #274
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    Golbat terrified me as a child. But i'd like to see him as a ragdoll as well!
    With the icon Nu-San chose, I'd get why you're afraid of it...

Anyway, back on the subject of Pokemon voices, you think juhis815 can tackle the sounds in the first PokePark now that ripping them has been figured out?

35. Post #275

June 2011
    114 Posts
    As far as voice samples went, I liked the ones from the stadium games best. However I don't think anyone's managed to get audio for the cries in those games.
    Tell me about it! I loved those cries! Especially Steelix!

I always hoped for an option in the games to toggle the cries of the Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon from the normal sounds to the Stadium cries. It just doesn't seem right hearing one of them next to one of the Gen 5 lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #276
    January 2010
    476 Posts
    I love combining horror stuff with Nintendo stuff :P

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    I love combining horror stuff with Nintendo stuff :P

I know it's off-topic, but where can one get the DK model that can bulge its eyes out?

38. Post #278
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    I know it's off-topic, but where can one get the DK model that can bulge its eyes out?
    It's an eye bodygroup for my DK port.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=122617

Bodygroup 1, Subgroup 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

39. Post #279
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    It's an eye bodygroup for my DK port.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=122617

Bodygroup 1, Subgroup 4.
    Oh good! I already had it then, but didn't know how to do it! Thanks!

40. Post #280

June 2010
    241 Posts
    Anyway, back on the subject of Pokemon voices, you think juhis815 can tackle the sounds in the first PokePark now that ripping them has been figured out?
    Honestly, I can't figure anything out from .brsar archive, and PSound doesn't recognize any voice samples inside the .brsar archive, so that's out of question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events