1. Post #241
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Still, waiting 'till Monday can't hurt, atleast It'll give me more time to enjoy them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #242
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,941 Posts
    They just sent me an email:

It seems like they simply do not care or their shipping department is horribly broken.
    I'll still give it a week before I sell or keep them (probably the former), something might come up.
    awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    March 2007
    503 Posts
    God damn, just keep them! It's not often you get a windfall like this, and you aren't hurting anyone by keeping them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #244
    August 2009
    388 Posts
    God damn, just keep them! It's not often you get a windfall like this, and you aren't hurting anyone by keeping them.
    Think I agree with this now, if I had something like that and tried it for more than 30 minutes I imagine everything else would be underwhelming in comparison, they basically gave you free money if you sell them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #245
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Now comes the hard part.

6. Post #246

January 2012
    429 Posts
    Now comes the hard part of figuring out what to do with money, not having any debt is cool beans.
    GIVE IT TO ME!
    I WILL DOUBLE IT IN A WEEK.
    But seriously, get 2 gtx 590's? or some shit?

7. Post #247
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Saving probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    October 2011
    661 Posts
    Don't sell them, keep them, get an assembled O2 amp and a good DAC and never worry about sound again imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #249
    November 2010
    2,261 Posts
    Don't sell them, keep them, get an assembled O2 amp and a good DAC and never worry about sound again imo.
    Cant argue with this, audiophilia can get very expensive and here's an option to end the expenses, a good dac and amp means you wont have to buy new audio equipment for a very, very long time.
    Besides you wouldn't get THAT much money for it if you sold it, keeping it is to me the wisest option.
    But you do what feels right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    If you think an O2 amp is enough to power these you've got no idea.

11. Post #251
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,970 Posts
    they're 50 ohm headphones, you really just need a clean source, any PC output can power that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #252
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    they're 50 ohm headphones, you really just need a clean source, any PC output can power that.
    To be fair I can listen to them at high enough volume without skipping from the FiiO E10 but I don't know how much I'm missing.

13. Post #253
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,941 Posts
    uhhhh go do some research
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #254
    November 2010
    1,692 Posts
    I don't know how much I'm missing.
    This feeling will ruin your bank account.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

15. Post #255
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    uhhhh go do some research
    I did, http://www.head-fi.org/t/595875/just...-e10-be-enough
    Everyone is telling me "No, you're just being silly. Not EVEN close for the HE-6s." with most recommending speaker amplifiers.

16. Post #256
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,970 Posts
    head fi is full of retards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,941 Posts
    I did, http://www.head-fi.org/t/595875/just...-e10-be-enough
    Everyone is telling me "No, you're just being silly. Not EVEN close for the HE-6s." with most recommending speaker amplifiers.

Either way, I can't spend any more money on audio, it's just ridiculous, I'd rather sell'em for 1200, buy some HE-400s and save the rest.
    lol one moron named "Dubstep Girl" gives you SLIGHT doubt who says "her" opinion was derived from others'

that's not research and you should definitely trust an audio engineer over some random on a forum anyone can be a part of

Edited:

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/...phone-amp.html

18. Post #258
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    lol one moron named "Dubstep Girl" gives you SLIGHT doubt who says "her" opinion was derived from others'

that's not research and you should definitely trust an audio engineer over some random on a forum anyone can be a part of

Edited:

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/07/...phone-amp.html
    Cheers.

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,419 Posts
    They just sent me an email:

It seems like they simply do not care or their shipping department is horribly broken.
    I'll still give it a week before I sell or keep them (probably the former), something might come up.
    I believe in karma/what goes around comes around/how ever else you want to call it.

If you'd just kept them, that's asking for trouble. Sure it's tempting and all, but you know it's wrong and you'd pay the price sooner or later.

However, once you contact them and let them know, whatever they decide is on them now. If they say there's no mistake as far as they're concerned- game on! Those babies are yours, free and clear. No bad mojo attached at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    October 2011
    661 Posts
    Uhm yes they can?

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,419 Posts
    I've read a bit of that thread on headfi, it's hilarious! immtbiker somehow making you out to be costing people their jobs. So the person who made the error isn't to blame, the person receiving the delivery is, got it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

22. Post #262
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    I've read a bit of that thread on headfi, it's hilarious! immtbiker somehow making you out to be costing people their jobs. So the person who made the error isn't to blame, the person receiving the delivery is, got it!
    HiFiMAN sponsor Head-fi so that probably had something to do with the administrator.

23. Post #263
    MyBigBoner.com
    March 2009
    4,547 Posts
    The musicality in FXT90 is just awesome.

Edited:

HiFiMAN sponsor Head-fi so that probably had something to do with the administrator (immtbiker) being a white knight to the extent of looking like an ass, either way I've learnt Head-fi aren't as mature as I once thought.
    At least you should wait for Fang's reply.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events

24. Post #264
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts

Edited:

I doubt he'll reply to something this trivial, plus he just had a child a few days ago.

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,419 Posts

Edited:

It's understood in business that the employee represents the company. So if he emails them and someone replies, that reply counts as much as if he contacted the CEO of the company himself. That's why people can sue a company if an employee on the job causes an injury for example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

26. Post #266

September 2006
    50 Posts
    Budget: 70€
    eBay: No
    Isolation: Closed air
    Purpose: 100% Music
    Music Tastes: Hardstyle, Hardcore Techno, Gabber, Hard House and Melodic Death/Black Metal
    Previous Experiences: I've had Koss Plug but the wires broke a few times and i gave up repairing them every few months but now i'm using Nokia WH-205 In ear buds in which i really like the bass but mid range is totally covered by the bass and high range sounds tend to crack a bit. and with computer i'm using usually my Philips SBC HP250 which are nice but lack abit bass in my opinion and i'd like a tighter seal around my ears.

So i'd like closed full-size or IEM type headphones to use with my Samsung Galaxy S phone which has Wolfson WM8994 DAC so should be able to deliver high quality Audio if i'm not mistaken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

27. Post #267
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,970 Posts
    Thinking about buying monoprice 8323
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Edited:

anyone know anything else on monoprice I should get if I do, might as well since I have to pay for shipping.

Edited:

Monoprice 8320 (IEM) and 8323 (Headphones) are seriously worth looking into for low budget headphones.

Edited:

Thinking about buying monoprice 8323
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

Edited:

anyone know anything else on monoprice I should get if I do, might as well since I have to pay for shipping.

Edited:

Monoprice 8320 (IEM) and 8323 (Headphones) are seriously worth looking into for low budget headphones.
    Just bought these. Should get them Monday or Tuesday and I will review them!

28. Post #268
    November 2010
    2,261 Posts
    Since everything in sweden is so fucking expensive, is there anywhere that ships internationally that sells the ATH-M50 and/or fiio E7 or E17?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Sweden Show Events

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,736 Posts
    What's a good pair of headphones that meets some or all of these requirements?

- Good bass response (eq'd IEMs (Radiopaq Pop) do it for me, HTF600 and AD700 fall short both with lots of eq)
    - Suited to Dance/Trance music
    - Earcups at least as large as those of the HTF600
    - Not fake leather ear pads (or ones that don't become hot/sweaty like the HTF600)
    - Can survive being dropped and generally abused
    - Can be driven by a Xonar DX directly (100 ohm output afaik), or a preferably non-USB amp included in budget
    - Good isolation of nearby voices, don't care about leakage
    - 'Detail' similar to AD700 without the sibilance and ear rape from pops/clicks in voice chat
    - Don't care about soundstage, AD700 is supposed to have great soundstage and apart from a couple of songs (not at all in games) I really don't hear the difference
    - Purpose primarily music, also a bit of gaming
    - < 300 (preferably a fair bit less)

30. Post #270
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    What's a good pair of headphones that meets some or all of these requirements?

- Good bass response (eq'd IEMs (Radiopaq Pop) do it for me, HTF600 and AD700 fall short both with lots of eq)
    - Suited to Dance/Trance music
    - Earcups at least as large as those of the HTF600
    - Not fake leather ear pads (or ones that don't become hot/sweaty like the HTF600)
    - Can survive being dropped and generally abused
    - Can be driven by a Xonar DX directly (100 ohm output afaik), or a preferably non-USB amp included in budget
    - Good isolation of nearby voices, don't care about leakage
    - 'Detail' similar to AD700 without the sibilance and ear rape from pops/clicks in voice chat
    - Don't care about soundstage, AD700 is supposed to have great soundstage and apart from a couple of songs (not at all in games) I really don't hear the difference
    - Purpose primarily music, also a bit of gaming
    - < 300 (preferably a fair bit less)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic...9514046&sr=1-3
    or
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-I...9514250&sr=1-1

I'd recommend the 80ohm version but it's just too bassy and have too much of a V-eq curve.
    I'd also recommend the D2000s but they're built like soggy chips.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,736 Posts
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic...9514046&sr=1-3
    or
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-I...9514250&sr=1-1

I'd recommend the 80ohm version but it's just too bassy and have too much of a V-eq curve.
    I'd also recommend the D2000s but they're built like soggy chips.
    DT770 is definitely a possibility, unconvinced on the comfort of the HD25 as its apparently pretty tight fitting.

Are DT150, D2000 or XB-1000 worth considering?

Edited:

Or even XB700? Or HFI-580?

So many choices, my brain is full of fuck

32. Post #272
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    DT770 is definitely a possibility, unconvinced on the comfort of the HD25 as its apparently pretty tight fitting.

Are DT150, D2000 or XB-1000 worth considering?

Seems I can get the XB-1000 for 200 all-in on amazon.de, very tempting

Edited:

Or even XB700?
    I was in a very similar position and had the chance of auditioning a load of headphones at a local shop.
    Out of everything I auditioned the XB-1000s were the muddiest and I was very disappointed having loved the XB500s.
    DT150s are also a solid choice, D2000s aren't physically strong and are prone to breaking without extra care.

And regarding the XB700s, they're basically XB-500s with less bass and a wider soundstage, lastly T50RPs with the modding materials are 150 all in and are pretty much unrivalled in that price point for overall sound quality, it just requires a bit of extra
    effort.

33. Post #273
    October 2011
    661 Posts
    Man, I'm trying to suggest this guy closed headphones that he can use on the plane and train, that have a good soundstage and nice bass (i suggested dt770pros did i fuck up?) and everyone in this chatroom rages and ridicules me for spending more than 50 bucks on headphones.

All my rage, all my fucking rage.

34. Post #274
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Man, I'm trying to suggest this guy closed headphones that he can use on the plane and train, that have a good soundstage and nice bass (i suggested dt770pros did i fuck up?) and everyone in this chatroom rages and ridicules me for spending more than 50 bucks on headphones.

All my rage, all my fucking rage.
    No you didn't fuck up, although honestly for outdoor listening the DT-770 Pros are a little large, for some people that might be a dealbreaker, HD-25s are a good alternative for portable bass cans, and for some people spending over $50 on headphones is ludicrous but spending $200 on shoes is perfectly normal, everyone is different, you've just got to remember not to stuff your opinions down other's throats.
    On an unrelated note I went a little crazy today, bought some SR80i's, T50RPs and ultrasones, headphone collection here I come!

35. Post #275
    October 2011
    661 Posts
    No you didn't fuck up, although honestly for outdoor listening the DT-770 Pros are a little large, for some people that might be a dealbreaker, HD-25s are a good alternative for portable bass cans, and for some people spending over $50 on headphones is ludicrous but spending $200 on shoes is perfectly normal, everyone is different, you've just got to remember not to stuff your ideals down other's throats.
    On an unrelated note I went a little crazy today, bought some SR80i's, T50RPs and ultrasones, headphone collection here I come!
    Wait... did you sell those HE-6's already?

Because if you didnt why aren't you spending that many on an AMP/DAC you silly

36. Post #276
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Wait... did you sell those HE-6's already?

Because if you didnt why aren't you spending that many on an AMP/DAC you silly
    Not yet.

37. Post #277
    October 2011
    661 Posts
    Welp, alright, I guess.

38. Post #278
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Welp, alright, I guess.
    I'm not going to blow it all on a $1,000 amplifier, just doesn't seem worth it as far as price:performance .

39. Post #279
    January 2012
    221 Posts
    Jesus... you guys pay way too much for sound.

edit: you're paying more for sound than my entire computer set up so boxes for the poor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

40. Post #280
    January 2012
    77 Posts
    i've got hd 202s right now and have been looking at other sennheisers and i was wondering how exactly does frequency response effect headphones exactly?

for example the hd 598's and the 558s have exactly the same specs except the 598s have a freq. response of 12 - 38,500 Hz and the 558s a 15 - 28,000 Hz

i'm just a curious noob and these are the two headphones i've narrowed my choice down too.

Edited:

i understand how all the other specs determine the sound quality but i'm dumb