1. Post #601
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    Is anyone going to respond to my post or try to give me any help or advice? really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #602
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    http://www.clickok.se/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:2744847

http://www.modmic.com/

Thinking of buying them from these sites, any better I can buy them from?
    Because new page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #603
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Is anyone going to respond to my post or try to give me any help or advice? really?
    They're all very low end, just get some Monoprice Hi-Fi DJs if you're in the US, 201s are a reliable choice if not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #604
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    I live in Aus, I have a voucher for the store the headphones I posted were from
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,201 Posts
    plug in a physical knob??
    I've got the Logitech Z103 but the jack is simply an extension from the tower, so the volume knob does nothing. So how do I go about controlling the volume?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

6. Post #606

April 2011
    4,518 Posts
    I've got the Logitech Z103 but the jack is simply an extension from the tower, so the volume knob does nothing. So how do I go about controlling the volume?
    Get a volume knob then. Or get a small DAC/amp.

7. Post #607
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,495 Posts
    My fat orange cat just ate my Zalaman Mic.... Any suggestions for a new clip or desk mic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #608
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,428 Posts
    ModMic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #609
    Sometimes I put my nose in my dog's butt and I furiously squeeze his belly until he farts.
    May 2009
    2,370 Posts
    Need some help on getting a decent headset. My Siberia V2's developed a problem over time with audio disconnection, so I decided to look for a new headset. Upon reading about 8 reviews, I decided to get the SWTOR Headset from Razer. However, upon bringing it home it had major problems with it not being recognized to the drivers and it transmitting static whenever I didn't talk for 30 seconds.

Should I just buy another set of Siberia's and hope these ones last me for over a year, or something completely different?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

10. Post #610
    October 2011
    661 Posts
    let me chubb it up for you

Do not get a headset. Ever.

11. Post #611
    Sometimes I put my nose in my dog's butt and I furiously squeeze his belly until he farts.
    May 2009
    2,370 Posts
    let me chubb it up for you
    So you're telling me to get headphones and a mic separately? That makes a ton of sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

12. Post #612
    October 2011
    661 Posts
    it does

13. Post #613
    May 2009
    2,370 Posts
    Not in the way that I would be using it? Considering I'm using it for talking on Skype with friends and playing games. Obviously getting great quality headphones and a separate great quality mic would get the best of both worlds, but I'm willing to sacrifice quality for convenience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #614
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,428 Posts
    Not in the way that I would be using it? Considering I'm using it for talking on Skype with friends and playing games. Obviously getting great quality headphones and a separate great quality mic would get the best of both worlds, but I'm willing to sacrifice quality for convenience.
    So get

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #615
    May 2009
    2,370 Posts
    I'm looking for something I can buy in stores. I'm not ordering shit, sorry. I know it makes more sense to order something of quality, and that does look like a great product, it's just not what I'm looking for. I don't care that I'm not supposed to get a headset, I'm getting one and that's that. All of these solutions make more sense, but I'm not going to change what I'm getting.

Back to the original question, Siberia's or a different headset all together?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

16. Post #616
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Get whatever cheap headset you want, they're all crap compared to a proper pair of headphones, with that attitude and not willing to order for no given reason you deserve an inferior product.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #617
    May 2009
    2,370 Posts
    Get whatever cheap headset you want, they're all shit and you deserve an inferior product.
    Thanks, that helps a bundle.

I get that it's fucking stupid to not get decent headphones and one of those Modmic's, but you have to understand that the money I'm spending will be on store credit for the store I am returning this shitty headset to. If they don't have products akin to that available, then I can't get them. I would rather get them, but it's not an option.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #618
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    What store is it?

19. Post #619
    May 2009
    2,370 Posts
    What store is it?
    Canada Computers. A computer parts dealer. I checked their site and they don't have anything related to the Modmic.

20. Post #620
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Canada Computers. A computer parts dealer. I checked their site and they don't have anything related to the Modmic.
    They don't have a clip-on nor a desktop mic?

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,495 Posts
    I should also mention for my earlier request... I'm looking for something which has a good filter. The Zalaman had the worst pickup on background noise, and let me tell you the fun times I'm having using my Logitech webcam.

22. Post #622
    May 2009
    2,370 Posts
    They don't have a clip-on nor a desktop mic?
    They have crappy Logitech desktop mics. Ones that you would see at an elementary school. It's funny how up to date their computer parts are, but their peripherals and accessories are lacking.

23. Post #623
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    They have crappy Logitech desktop mics. Ones that you would see at an elementary school. It's funny how up to date their computer parts are, but their peripherals and accessories are lacking.
    Those "crappy logitech desktop mics" tend to be fairly good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #624

April 2011
    4,518 Posts
    My fat orange cat just ate my Zalaman Mic.... Any suggestions for a new clip or desk mic?
    Squeeze it out of the cat.

25. Post #625
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    168 Posts
    Anyone else love these headphones??

Putin approved

AKG K271 Mk2 they owns bones I was thinking about upgrading to god tier K702 but im scared I would need a preamp to get any kind of good sound out of these and those are expensive...

Talkin bout using these on my computer fyi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,635 Posts
    Just got[SUB] Shadaez's[/SUB] ahem my HARX-700s. They sound awesome.

27. Post #627
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    my sennheiser cx400's broke

Budget: 30-40
    eBay: ew no I'm not wearing used earbuds you sick fucks
    Isolation: In-Ear
    Purpose: Listening to music, light gaming
    Music Tastes: Electronic, metal

Edited:

I was looking at the CX870s, are they worth the money? They look pretty cool which is a bonus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,635 Posts
    my sennheiser cx400's broke

Budget: 30-40
    eBay: ew no I'm not wearing used earbuds you sick fucks
    Isolation: In-Ear
    Purpose: Listening to music, light gaming
    Music Tastes: Electronic, metal
    Either another pair of CX's, Image X1s or SoundMagic PL30

29. Post #629
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    The CX's sounded pretty nice but I only had them for around 3 months, looking for something that'll actually last a while this time.

Edited:

I was getting excited about the PL30's, they've got some great reviews, but when I read that you're supposed to wear them with the cable of your ear I decided it's a no-go. I know that a lot of audiophiles will hate me for this but I'm going to be wearing these in public, you tend to look like a little bit of a tool with the cables like that. Might just have to buy some new CX's if there are no other options. Surely the X1's aren't that great seeing as they're much cheaper than the other options?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #630

December 2011
    36 Posts
    Sennheiser HD280 pro vs HD448?

Listening to Dubstep, 20%Gaming.

Want to use in library.

Need durability, for something this expensive, I can't have it break.

Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

31. Post #631
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Sennheiser HD280 pro vs HD448?

Listening to Dubstep, 20%Gaming.

Want to use in library.

Need durability, for something this expensive, I can't have it break.

Thanks.
    Look at the Koss DJ pro 100 for sub $100 durability.

32. Post #632

December 2011
    36 Posts
    Look at the Koss DJ pro 100 for sub $100 durability.
    Is there no performance difference when compared to the Sennheisers?

33. Post #633
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Is there no performance difference when compared to the Sennheisers?
    All three are great headphones, I'd consider the HD280s to be a little muddy compared to the HD448 and Koss DJ, the Koss DJ is similar to the 448 in terms of sonics except the Koss DJs are better in all regards, both are very balanced for the price with emphasis on vocals and good bass texture and extension, althought the Koss DJs have stupidly good build quality for $80, it's literally all metal compared to the Sennheisers plastic. Also take a look at the Brainwavz HM5/Fisher audio FA-004, you really can't go wrong with any of these but they all have their pros and cons.
    I will say with the Koss DJs, buying some different pads (M50/V6 pads recommended (stay away from Shure pads with these headphones)) down the line or straight away will change it for the better both sonically and comfortably.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/571216/koss...he-budget-king

34. Post #634

December 2011
    36 Posts
    All three are great headphones, I'd consider the HD280s to be a little muddy compared to the HD448 and Koss DJ, the Koss DJ is similar to the 448 in terms of sonics, both are very balanced for the price with emphasis on vocals and good bass texture and extension, althought the Koss DJs have stupidly good build quality for $80, it's literally all metal compared to the Sennheisers plastic. Also take a look at the Brainwavz HM5/Fisher audio FA-004, you really can't go wrong with any of these but they all have their pros and cons.
    I will say with the Koss DJs, buying some different pads (M50/V6 pads recommended (stay away from Shure pads with these headphones)) down the line or straight away will change it for the better both sonically and comfortably.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/571216/koss...he-budget-king
    awesome, thanks, can you point me to a good burning in guide aswell? Thanks so much for you'r help, I'm going with the Koss Djs, and I think the V6 pads (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ihctc-10594-20) for the price, why is there such a price difference?

I'm still skeptical about the price difference, but the head-fi link says it all, thanks!

35. Post #635
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    16,012 Posts
    I think the problem is that Sennheiser doesn't do closed headphones as well as they do open.

36. Post #636
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    awesome, thanks, can you point me to a good burning in guide aswell? Thanks so much for you'r help, I'm going with the Koss Djs, and I think the V6 pads (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ihctc-10594-20) for the price, why is there such a price difference?

I'm still skeptical about the price difference, but the head-fi link says it all, thanks!
    V6 pads will be an improvement over the stock ones, the stock ones are the only con I can think of with the Koss DJs, they're "ok" but can be replaced for the better very cheaply, if you can find them, grab some ATH-M50 pads as they synergize the best with the Koss DJs and are quite comfortable, although the V6s are still better than stock.
    And the best way to burn in is to just listen to them, it's all part of the experience, they'll sound great off the bat and will sound even better after a few weeks.

37. Post #637

December 2011
    36 Posts
    I think the problem is that Sennheiser doesn't do closed headphones as well as they do open.
    Actually, I always wondered, could I mod them closed without ruining the acoustics? Is it just me, or do the Koss Dj pro 100s just look like normal headphones? When I get these I want them to look like "the real deal." Did the pictures just not do them justice or is that how they look.

If it is, then that's a bit of a bummer, but not to ba

Edited:

V6 pads will be an improvement over the stock ones, the stock ones are the only con I can think of with the Koss DJs, they're "ok" but can be replaced for the better very cheaply, if you can find them, grab some ATH-M50 pads as they synergize the best with the Koss DJs and are quite comfortable, although the V6s are still better than stock.
    And the best way to burn in is to just listen to them, it's all part of the experience, they'll sound great off the bat and will sound even better after a few weeks.
    Awesome, thanks, does this link http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cg...source=froogle sell only one ear pad, or a set? the picture is whats throwing me off I think.

38. Post #638
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Actually, I always wondered, could I mod them closed without ruining the acoustics? Is it just me, or do the Koss Dj pro 100s just look like normal headphones? When I get these I want them to look like "the real deal." Did the pictures just not do them justice or is that how they look.

If it is, then that's a bit of a bummer, but not to ba
    What do you mean look like normal headphones? They look pretty fucking brilliant honestly, an almost brushed aluminium look on the cans themselves, one of few headphones I'd wear in public.
    And no you can't just close an open headphone, it'd completely ruin it sonically, each good headphone is carefully designed around it being closed/open, closing a headphone drastically increases bass and the lower mids and reduces soundstage so they have to work around that by toning down the bass and increasing treble (which is why most closed headphones have a V frequency curve) and there's not a whole lot you can do with the soundstage, same goes for open except the other way around for the most part. I remember someone on here filling his Grado SR125s up with modeling clay to make it closed, he said it sounded fantastic until someone else did the same thing with the same headphones and said it sounded like someone took the M50s and stuck a knife in the driver a few times.

Smrtz posted:
    Awesome, thanks, does this link http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cg...source=froogle sell only one ear pad, or a set? the picture is whats throwing me off I think.
    It says it's a pair therefore two.

39. Post #639

December 2011
    36 Posts
    What do you mean look like normal headphones? They look pretty fucking brilliant honestly, an almost brushed aluminium look on the cans themselves, one of few headphones I'd wear in public.
    And no you can't just close an open headphone, it'd completely ruin it sonically, each good headphone is carefully designed around it being closed/open, closing a headphone drastically increases bass and the lower mids and reduces soundstage so they have to work around that by toning down the bass and increasing treble (which is why most closed headphones have a V frequency curve) and there's not a whole lot you can do with the soundstage, same goes for open except the other way around for the most part. I remember someone on here filling his Grado SR125s up modeling clay to make it closed, he said it sounded fantastic until someone else did the same thing with the same headphones and said it sounded like someone took the M50s and stuck a knife in the driver a few times.
    Guess its just the pictures. Cool, and that's what I was thinking, only more along the lines of closing an open can would push more air around the driver towards the font when it gets pulled backwards, and that would be bad, somehow. Great info, thanks a ton!

Cool, in the picture, only one was colorized, so I just wanted to make sure, I should be getting these buy the end of the month, I'll be sure to give you guys an update.

40. Post #640
    August 2009
    14,820 Posts
    'kay guys new plan

My Dad offered to buy the voucher for me and just give the money equal to what's on it, so now I have $50 to spend on closed ear headphones. I'll probably chuck in an additional $30 to $35 bucks so that makes my price range around $85, give or take

So I'm looking for headphones to be used exclusively for music, I'm going to plug it into my music player and use it for the journey to and from uni, and almost every other time I leave the house to go out and do something. When I'm not using them they'll be around my neck.

I would prefer noise cancellation, or something that would block out all sound from the outside world. Also these headphones have to be reasonably durable, and they cannot be ugly.

Feel free to post whatever you want but if they're hideous then I'm probably not going to buy them

Please help me this time, I was pretty disappointed in the lack of help offered before. Second chance yo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events