1. Post #281
    Want an apple?
    October 2010
    2,905 Posts
    What if... both of you shut up and get back to posting actual content for the thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #282
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    Isn't that cream?
    EVEN BETTER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #283
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,211 Posts
    The only female class model I liked was the Female Spy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #284
    Pony Extraordinaire
    October 2011
    6,136 Posts
    The only female class model I liked was the Female Spy.
    Female spy is pretty classy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #285
    January 2010
    1,110 Posts
    I've pointed out a fair amount of things.

A runner wouldn't wear such a long skirt. It would make running harder.

The huge pink bow is cute, unlike the Scout.

I could attack the poor texture optimisation, but I won't, as the model is intended for film-making purposes. Hopefully.
    i find it funny that your criticizing NeoDements points, even though, SHE is the only one that can make such points, hell, i wouldn't have even noticed the length of the skirt if SHE hadn't pointed that out, which personally makes sense, and i must say, as for the bow... Lets just say im glad i can edit models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,002 Posts
    EVEN BETTER
    Oh my.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #287
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    Female spy is pretty classy.
    Scientific experiment

let's combine the medic I posted above with the female spy

hmm that didn't work so well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 11Late Late x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #288
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,211 Posts
    That medic is retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

9. Post #289
    October 2010
    1,537 Posts
    I agree with Neo's points, whether or not he is being rash. If it were to be a simple female translation of the Scout, then she'd want a shorter skirt and that bow would fall out very very quickly. I do also see the merits of designing a character to fit Max's needs in his Earthbound project. In this case it is NOT just a simple female translation of the Scout and content, not realism, is the priority.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #290
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    I agree with Neo's points, whether or not he is being rash. If it were to be a simple female translation of the Scout, then she'd want a shorter skirt and that bow would fall out very very quickly.
    If I may be completely truthful, I prefer the longer skirt in-game because every time I ever see the femscout in a video, it's a contest to see how many shots up the skirt people can get
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #291
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,211 Posts
    Normal Medic is best Medic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 18Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,002 Posts
    You should bug Alia to make Scout next.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #293
    January 2012
    1,577 Posts
    We already have a very nice Femscout made by AyesDyef.

I personally would like to see a Sniper or Demo from Ali next
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #294
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    what Average User said

also this is the first time I've laughed out loud at the demoman drunk sounds

why does this fit so well

also!

heavies.

and of course you never get a heavy without his (sexy) medic

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,290 Posts
    I don't know about you people, but the FemClasses (Scout, Medic, Spy, Heavy) are rather good in my opinion. They fit the character style, the class style, the pre-thousand-updates style of the game itself. Pyro is the only abomination, which I guess, in a way, fits it quite well. I am awaiting ChemicalAlia's FemEngy, since that leaves only a few FemClasses left to be finished. Really, all we need is voices for them, and you might as well have an option in TF2 to play as either gender.

My folder full of FemScout pictures is completely irrelevant to this subject.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #296
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    also this is the first time I've laughed out loud at the demoman drunk sounds
    why does this fit so well
    Early designs for the Chargin Targe were rather disastrous and very quickly abandoned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,088 Posts
    What happend to Ayes Dyef anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #298
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,904 Posts
    Really not sure what you're on about. Maybe you just see a higher amount of my negative comments than most people because you post a lot of poor work.

Yes, stupid. It doesn't compliment her character at all. It's just some massive pink cute bow. The Scout isn't cute.

I wouldn't take a comment about her skirt length too hard, anyway. It's not like it was actual work, you just pulled some verts down, maybe added an edge loop or two, then rigged it terribly to deform with her legs.

Of course I know, I'll be showered with dumbs, and you funnys, as this is the media thread.
    I hate both of you guys very much.

How about that.

Edited:

Oh wait, I hate everyone in this forum.

Edited:

Scratch that, Neo sounds like the biggest jerk in that post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    September 2011
    36 Posts
    I hate both of you guys very much.

How about that.

Edited:

Oh wait, I hate everyone in this forum.

Edited:

Scratch that, Neo sounds like the biggest jerk in that post.

usaokay I think it's time to go to sleep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 35Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,310 Posts
    What happend to Ayes Dyef anyway.
    he's around still, infact he was just making a doomsday device for Aly's pl_escarpment for the tf2maps.net contest. Image of doomsday device (no texture)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,846 Posts
    Well I have to agree with Neodement if that female scout was supposed to be a scout replacement. A runner would wear trousers, even if it's a woman. And that pink bow adds a new color which doesn't looks good. Maybe team yellow like the scout's headphone would work better for game recognition. But if it's for video purpose, then, do what you want vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    enough of thine femscouts
    we need content

[sub]although its probably late[/sub]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #303
    February 2010
    654 Posts
    enough of thine femscouts
    we need content

[sub]although its probably late[/sub]
    This looks like an extended version of the title sequence of a TF2 animated show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

24. Post #304
    June 2010
    6,313 Posts
    If I may be completely truthful, I prefer the longer skirt in-game because every time I ever see the femscout in a video, it's a contest to see how many shots up the skirt people can get
    Then why make it a skirt at all? You don't need to rely on tertiary sexual characteristics like skirts and pink bows, do you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,901 Posts
    This looks like an extended version of the title sequence of a TF2 animated show.
    Do want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #306
    September 2011
    2,066 Posts
    I just got diagnosed with diabetes and I'm heading to the hospital right now. I bought a key to cheer myself up:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 35Winner Winner x 4 (list)

27. Post #307
    April 2011
    8,341 Posts
    I don't see any point in arguing about practical capabilities of femscout's skirt.

Just look at the medic. Or, even better - shooting rockets under your feet sounds like the dumbest thing to do - and yet, people in TF2 universe used this method to propel themselves up to second floor until late 19th century when Lincoln invented stairs.

Now go yell at Robin that his game is bullshit and makes no sense.

Then why make it a skirt at all? You don't need to rely on tertiary sexual characteristics like skirts and pink bows, do you?
    Yes, he does - kind of explained it above. Exaggeration is very important for TF2 artstyle - I doubt skirts and pink bows would make femsoldiers in Call of Duty any better. But here it simply fits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #308
    No one likes you, get banned.
    December 2009
    6,157 Posts
    The fem scout should wear this instead of a skirt imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

29. Post #309
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    I don't see any point in arguing about practical capabilities of femscout's skirt.

Just look at the medic. Or, even better - shooting rockets under your feet sounds like the dumbest thing to do - and yet, people in TF2 universe used this method to propel themselves up to second floor until late 19th century when Lincoln invented stairs.

Yes, he does - kind of explained it above. Exaggeration is very important for TF2 artstyle - I doubt skirts and pink bows would make femsoldiers in Call of Duty any better. But here it simply fits.

The fem scout should wear this instead of a skirt imo.
    The thing with the skirt is that it fits the character, but not the PURPOSE of the character (runner etc.)

However, as said above, some of you guys seriously need to stop reading so much into what a character should be, and making up rules about it.

Especially when in-game cosmetics allow you to do this. I rest my case
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

30. Post #310
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,904 Posts

usaokay I think it's time to go to sleep.
    i'll cut you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #311
    May 2011
    1,306 Posts
    Techinically, they don't. There are only two misc slots, that Scout is clearly shown with 3 miscs. /professionalnitpicker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,069 Posts
    I don't see your point. You are comparing the stock character desing with optional cosmetics. In-game cosmetics sure allow you to look like a clown but they don't force you, while the fem-scout forces you to look like an overly stereotypical female instead of fitting the character.

But I still kind of like the bow. It fits the comical world of TF2 as it implies you need to point out the fem-scout's gender in order for her to truly be a female character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #313
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #314
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Welcome to cooking class. Open up spyhead tongue 1 and we'll start discussing grilled sandvicheater
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

35. Post #315
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,292 Posts

Do you even think about what you're saying? The medics tech and the rocket jumping looks good. A skirt stretching poorly doesn't. The classes all wear uniforms very much appropriate for their role (except the Spy, but he's a fancy gent!). Seriously though. Sick of the excuse "this thing that doesn't make sense should be allowed because TF2 IS IN AN ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE". It didn't work the first time it was made, it doesn't work now.

Rocket jumping is clearly a good idea in universe - it allows the Soldier to get to high up places and traverse the map quickly. The medic and engineer tech allows for healing and other team assistance. How is wearing a long skirt that it would be hard to run in a good idea?

However, as said above, some of you guys seriously need to stop reading so much into what a character should be, and making up rules about it.
    You too - Valve made the rules, Ayesdyef followed them pretty much perfectly. I consider you calling your skin "Improved" pretty much incorrect.

I also find it a bit odd this is dragging on despite me not posting at all on this page. Mm. Let's try and let it lie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

36. Post #316
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    12,354 Posts
    You too - Valve made the rules, Ayesdyef followed them pretty much perfectly. I consider you calling your skin "Improved" pretty much incorrect.
    I hate it when mummy and daddy argue ;_;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

37. Post #317
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,370 Posts
    I hate it when mummy and daddy argue ;_;
    I'm like the old grandpa who sleeps in the living room, absolutely not giving a fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #318
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    Ummm, that image is not possible in TF2. Companion Cube Pin, Essential Accessories and earbuds. If you count that's 3 miscs. TF2 only allows 2 misc items.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 5 (list)

39. Post #319
    February 2012
    2,670 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

40. Post #320
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    I found another Heavy bear.

Speaking of which, what's the best name: Heavy Bear, Teddy Weapons Guy, or some mix of the two?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)