1. Post #3521
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    Might be SmallFonts, not sure though
    Can you give me a link? I do a search and it seems SmallFonts is a category of font.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #3522
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    It's in Windows by default

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3523
    April 2010
    2,942 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

4. Post #3524
    Official Smiles.
    January 2010
    10,655 Posts
    interesting

5. Post #3525
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    Ok, so I've followed Max's SEMM tutorial as best as I could understand but I'm pretty sure I'm still doing something wrong, because everything looks like this:

If anyone has any semblance of an idea as to what I'm doing wrong, please share.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #3526
    Can't Keep Johnny Down
    April 2009
    2,372 Posts
    Ok, so I've followed Max's SEMM tutorial as best as I could understand but I'm pretty sure I'm still doing something wrong, because everything looks like this:

If anyone has any semblance of an idea as to what I'm doing wrong, please share.
    You're not running on -dxlevel 8 right? Just making sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

7. Post #3527
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    You're not running on -dxlevel 8 right? Just making sure.
    It's impossible to run the Gmod13 beta on Dx 8, so no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #3528
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 16Zing Zing x 2 (list)

9. Post #3529
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    I've actually tried that and it hasn't really made a difference.

10. Post #3530
    January 2009
    1,289 Posts
    I've actually tried that and it hasn't really made a difference.
    Try putting Far Z all the way up and slowly moving Near Z around, you should also try toying with the FOV, i think it's too high so the shadows are starting to disappear

And you should enable the shadows, it does make a difference

Does your computer support dynamic lighting?

11. Post #3531
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    This is what it looks like with Shadows enabled.

Does your computer support dynamic lighting?
    How can I check that?

12. Post #3532
    January 2009
    1,289 Posts
    How can I check that?
    Spawn any prop in a dark area, spawn a normal lamp, face it at the object and see if it casts a shadow, if it doesn't, most likely, your computer's specs don't support it, i've had that issue before, nothing you can do about it except upgrading your hardware or just getting a new computer

13. Post #3533
    March 2012
    190 Posts

Pyrororos
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #3534
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    Spawn any prop in a dark area, spawn a normal lamp, face it at the object and see if it casts a shadow, if it doesn't, most likely, your computer's specs don't support it, i've had that issue before, nothing you can do about it except upgrading your hardware or just getting a new computer
    Well does this answer your question?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #3535
    September 2009
    2,151 Posts
    Those shadows look weird. Shouldn't they be stretched since the lamp is not just over the objects ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events

16. Post #3536
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    r_flashlightdepthtexture 1 ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

17. Post #3537
    January 2009
    1,289 Posts
    All i see are the default shadows, so i'm thinking that your computer just can't use dynamic shadows :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #3538
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    All i see are the default shadows, so i'm thinking that your computer just can't use dynamic shadows :(
    Well, that appears to be the case. Thanks anyway though.

r_flashlightdepthtexture 1 ?
    Attempting to change this crashes HL2, and attempting to insert in the config or startupoptions does nothing.

It appears that my PC can't handle dynamic shadows. Oh well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #3539
    April 2011
    8,323 Posts
    Love doing this.

Too bad my team was a little inexperienced (read: fucking dumb), fortunately, we won anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

20. Post #3540
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    Attempting to change this crashes HL2, and attempting to insert in the config or startupoptions does nothing.
    You have to do it at the menu before launching a map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #3541
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,369 Posts
    Love doing this.

Too bad my team was a little inexperienced (read: fucking dumb), fortunately, we won anyway.
    Usually when enemy Engineers get the chance to do this, it's a death sentence, since even a below average team can finish objectives and defend the sentry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3542
    January 2012
    1,593 Posts
    A few scribbles I wanted to share. I don't usually draw TF2 characters but I was in the mood.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 10Artistic Artistic x 6Winner Winner x 6 (list)

23. Post #3543
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,042 Posts
    brb modelling the fairy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #3544
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts
    A few scribbles I wanted to share. I don't usually draw TF2 characters but I was in the mood.

Is it bad that of all the things in this picture I could find amazing, it's their feet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #3545
    September 2011
    670 Posts
    You have to do it at the menu before launching a map
    For some reason it keeps reverting back to 0. I guess my PC can't handle it. When I go home from college in 2 weeks I'll try it on the home PC and see if it works on that. Thanks for the help anyway though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #3546
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,420 Posts
    Love doing this.

a) I was thinking of all the ways I could've destroyed your nest, while watching the video. That spy took way too long to shoot your sentry after sapping it.
    b) I love that thankful Heavy, I always make sure to say thanks whenever someone helps me ingame.

27. Post #3547
    April 2011
    8,323 Posts
    a) I was thinking of all the ways I could've destroyed your nest, while watching the video. That spy took way too long to shoot your sentry after sapping it.
    b) I love that thankful Heavy, I always make sure to say thanks whenever someone helps me ingame.
    That heavy was actually quite good, real good, maybe even the best. But that oblivious medic ubered him when there was no danger, other than that solly spamming my sentry and so they couldn't push.

Otherwise we'd have won before that failspy distracted my sentry.

But that demo, man. That was worse than my first creeper (who actually did some damage). At first I thought he somehow teleported in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events

28. Post #3548
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    16,703 Posts
    Pauling looks for some reason like she's... pregnant...
    I think that's just an illusion caused by her curves being blocked from view by herr doktor's giant manhands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #3549
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    I always make it a point to thank engies and medics.
    They work so hard, but get so little recognition :c

30. Post #3550
    January 2011
    4,201 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 37Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

31. Post #3551
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,999 Posts
    If I didn't know better, I'd think that was a Valve promo image.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

32. Post #3552
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    The blocky pistol quite gives it away though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

33. Post #3553
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    Yeah, there's something about Valve's lighting in their promos that makes them stand out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #3554
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,783 Posts
    Engineer and Pyro hear and explosion and they rush down to the bottom of their base when they find the intel surrounded in flames and Tobors are trying to open it.
    *idea for MTP*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

35. Post #3555
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    deniszizen keeps on doing amazing stuff with every image

i can't fathom why he's still around only 10k views
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #3556
    October 2010
    10,402 Posts
    deniszizen keeps on doing amazing stuff with every image

i can't fathom why he's still around only 10k views
    You are a beautiful person
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

37. Post #3557
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    So i was goofing off on Parkour Fortress and this happen to catch my eye.

Edit:

That's been there since the first PF test, when the partnership was still ok.
    I know, I just find it funny that Mecha hasn't removed it yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

38. Post #3558
    June 2011
    631 Posts

That's been there since the first PF test, when the partnership was still ok.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #3559
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts

I wonder why it's not filtered to youtube.com/thecactusman instead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

40. Post #3560
    April 2010
    2,942 Posts
    I take it a bit too far, I say thanks whenever someone hits with a projectile and whenever I kill someone.