1. Post #1801
    July 2007
    1,038 Posts
    What do i do if i eat alot, 3000-3500 cals a day, slleep maybe 7-10 hours a day, and work out religiously but havnt gained weight for about a month now?
    Post your diet and your workout plan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

2. Post #1802
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,042 Posts
    eat more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #1803
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,441 Posts
    Would deloading work? I never deloaded in my life.

Uhh lets see.

Morning - Eat 3-4 eggs, and a can of chickpeas with 2 cups of milk.

Lunch - Eat 2-3 chicken thighs with a cup of rice and 2 cups of milk.

Dinner - Eat 2-3 .8 ounce steaks with half a cup of rice and 2 cups of milk.

Night time - 2 Cups of milk and a can of chickpeas.

Didn't include water and salad in this diet but i drink half a gallon of water a day and eat a bowl of salad a day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #1804
    July 2007
    1,038 Posts
    Take a week off from lifting and take in more carbs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #1805
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,514 Posts
    I have a bit of an unusual request - can someone make me a workout plan I can do at home using my weights/floor to improve my general upper body tailored specifically for Ramadan please?

What this will mean in terms of diet is that I'll have a biggish breakfast at 3am, not eat/drink until 9pm and have a biggish dinner at this time. So I'll really only be able to work out from 8pm onwards :(

Also I'm just under 6' and weigh 70kg.

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #1806
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    You're essentially doing intermittent fasting, just not sleeping through most of the fasting period like most people do. You don't have to eat directly after working out, the whole "metabolic window" thing is broscience. Food takes 8-9 hours to digest so whatever you eat 30 minutes after you workout isn't even going to hit your muscle for a good handful of hours. In reality, protein synthesis is increased for the following 24 (some even speculate up to 48) hours.

So there's nothing wrong with working out during the day and just not eating directly after. You're allowed to drink water right? As long as you stay hydrated there really isn't a problem with working out fasted.

7. Post #1807
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,514 Posts
    You're essentially doing intermittent fasting, just not sleeping through most of the fasting period like most people do. You don't have to eat directly after working out, the whole "metabolic window" thing is broscience. Food takes 8-9 hours to digest so whatever you eat 30 minutes after you workout isn't even going to hit your muscle for a good handful of hours. In reality, protein synthesis is increased for the following 24 (some even speculate up to 48) hours.

So there's nothing wrong with working out during the day and just not eating directly after. You're allowed to drink water right? As long as you stay hydrated there really isn't a problem with working out fasted.
    Not allowed to drink water, thats the problem :( so I cant overdo it unless it's close to food time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #1808
    April 2010
    3,214 Posts
    I've started eating a lot of tuna. At first I didn't really like it but now damn it's delicious.

Edited:

A few of my friends at school were Muslim and had to Ramadan. I felt so bad for them one time when we had a school basketball tournament and they couldn't even drink water. You seem to be in a tough one. :/

Maybe just workout before dinner when you can eat and take it easy during the day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #1809
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,042 Posts
    I have a bit of an unusual request - can someone make me a workout plan I can do at home using my weights/floor to improve my general upper body tailored specifically for Ramadan please?

What this will mean in terms of diet is that I'll have a biggish breakfast at 3am, not eat/drink until 9pm and have a biggish dinner at this time. So I'll really only be able to work out from 8pm onwards :(

Also I'm just under 6' and weigh 70kg.

Thanks
    I have a great workout plan. It's got two steps:

Do SS.

Don't do Ramadan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1810
    July 2007
    1,038 Posts
    I've started eating a lot of tuna. At first I didn't really like it but now damn it's delicious.

Edited:

A few of my friends at school were Muslim and had to Ramadan. I felt so bad for them one time when we had a school basketball tournament and they couldn't even drink water. You seem to be in a tough one. :/

Maybe just workout before dinner when you can eat and take it easy during the day.
    Might want to lower your intake by a lot.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/merc...ish-scare.html

11. Post #1811
    So Amazing
    December 2006
    1,779 Posts
    Anyone know any good bodyweight leg exercises?
    The ones I found around the internet and youtube don't seem to be very effective.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #1812
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,279 Posts
    Bowler Squats, Prisoner Squats, Split Squats, Pistol Squats.... Glute ham-raise....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

13. Post #1813
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,451 Posts
    not to be rude but why are you restricted to bodyweight leg exercises? you could easily just pick up a couple buckets full of dirt or something and squat with that

or like a couple sandbags or something idk

just something heavy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

14. Post #1814
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,799 Posts
    I've tried doing hack squats. They are a bitch, I haven't been able to complete one single rep. Any exercise that i can do as a substitite?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

15. Post #1815
    Baf
    August 2011
    72 Posts
    I've tried doing hack squats. They are a bitch, I haven't been able to complete one single rep. Any exercise that i can do as a substitite?
    I remember trying Hack Squats, and they were pretty difficult.
    Though, I tried doing it in a smith machine, that helped a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

16. Post #1816
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    Most gyms should have a hack squat machine.

17. Post #1817
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,099 Posts
    So, I'm 5'7 and weigh 131lbs. I have 21%BF how do I get this lower? I want to get skinnier and all I've really been doing is weight training, and I'm not that big, I think if I can go for runs every day it'll bring on definition easier or something?

18. Post #1818
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,279 Posts
    By changing your diet and cycling off and on carb days you can lose weight to an extent. The rest has to do with how much daily activity you do and hormonal issues. (i.e until a certain percentage of fat you can just shed it with no problem by the above parameters)

19. Post #1819
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,099 Posts
    I find it really hard to cut carbs because I often forget thinking "Shit this has carbs in it, better not eat". How many carbs do you think I should eat p/day? I'm going on holiday in 4 weeks and I want more definition to what I have on my abs. What can I do to do this - whilst losing weight? I was thinking runs most days a week (Has to lose a lot), and just continue the normal core work. What can and can't I eat carb wise?

Basically can someone just plan out the amount of protein i need(I have shakes) and how many carbs I am allowed.. and more stuff, I do want this weight gone ASAP aswell as definition.

20. Post #1820
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,310 Posts
    What's hard with hack squats? Stop using too big weights that u can't handle.

If smith hack squats or machine hacks are too hard you can always do these
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

21. Post #1821
    June 2011
    6,470 Posts
    welcome to my school weight room

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

22. Post #1822
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,965 Posts
    I remember trying Hack Squats, and they were pretty difficult.
    Though, I tried doing it in a smith machine, that helped a lot.
    Why not do skateboard-squats?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #1823
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,042 Posts

Every time I see this picture I am amazed at how nobody has mentioned his insanely long arms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1824
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,628 Posts
    Can anyone recommened a chinup bar that doesnt need to be screwed into the wall or anything? I'm moving to an apartment where i don't wanna go drilling holes into everything but i'm in desperate need of working on my legs and i found a routine that uses a chin up bar for a full body one. If your wondering why i dont join a gym i'm unemployed at the moment and all the gyms round here are min 50/month

25. Post #1825
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,451 Posts

reminds me of a pic i saw the other day lol

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

26. Post #1826
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,279 Posts
    Why not do skateboard-squats?
    I hope you are joking.

Edited:

I find it really hard to cut carbs because I often forget thinking "Shit this has carbs in it, better not eat". How many carbs do you think I should eat p/day? I'm going on holiday in 4 weeks and I want more definition to what I have on my abs. What can I do to do this - whilst losing weight? I was thinking runs most days a week (Has to lose a lot), and just continue the normal core work. What can and can't I eat carb wise?

Basically can someone just plan out the amount of protein i need(I have shakes) and how many carbs I am allowed.. and more stuff, I do want this weight gone ASAP aswell as definition.
    No carbs = fish, meat, eggs..... that's how the formula works.

Fuck counting calories, just keep training hard preferably high volume low intensity workouts and keep your daily life active. 4weeks is more than enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #1827
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,408 Posts
    I hope you are joking.
    do you think??

28. Post #1828
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,279 Posts
    Mostly, I do not

29. Post #1829
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,965 Posts
    I'm always serious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events

30. Post #1830
    asdfghjkl.
    May 2011
    2,099 Posts
    So on the topic of little carbs I made my dinner tonight, is this okay?

4 eggs, ham, tuna, onions into a quiche like sort of dish? It was amazing.

31. Post #1831
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,279 Posts
    fine fine

32. Post #1832
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,451 Posts
    dat protein
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

33. Post #1833
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,927 Posts
    Can someone help me out? I feel like going to the gym is pointless because I have no real routine, order or any consistency in my workouts. I will actually pay someone through Paypal if they can give me a decent workout plan and knows what the hell they're talking about. I've asked about this before on the internet but I got a lot of mixed answers or workouts that totally secluded muscles I wanted trained.

So if someone here actually knows their shit, maybe you're a personal trainer or something and would like to help out, please get back to me and I'll let you know the details. Like I said, I'm so fed up I'm actually willing to pay for it now (Not a massive amount of course, I'm only a student).

34. Post #1834
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    really

there's 3 routines in the damn sticky

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1094249

35. Post #1835
    April 2012
    3,298 Posts
    really

there's 3 routines in the damn sticky

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1094249
    no! I wanted to get paid for "making" SS PP and SL 5x5! Damn you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

36. Post #1836
    July 2007
    1,038 Posts
    Can someone help me out? I feel like going to the gym is pointless because I have no real routine, order or any consistency in my workouts. I will actually pay someone through Paypal if they can give me a decent workout plan and knows what the hell they're talking about. I've asked about this before on the internet but I got a lot of mixed answers or workouts that totally secluded muscles I wanted trained.

So if someone here actually knows their shit, maybe you're a personal trainer or something and would like to help out, please get back to me and I'll let you know the details. Like I said, I'm so fed up I'm actually willing to pay for it now (Not a massive amount of course, I'm only a student).
    First off let me state a few things:
    1. Leave your ego at the door to the gym.
    2. Do not over train
    3. What are your goals? To be lean and cut or to be big?
    4. Be committed to lifting and make no excuses.

Monday - Biceps, Chest:
    Wednesday - Triceps, Shoulders:
    Thursday - Legs, abs:
    Friday - Back:

Monday: For Monday, you will be doing chest and biceps. The reason I chose these 2 muscles are because it willow allow for a decent amount of rest before focusing on the triceps and back (biceps being supplemental to back and triceps to chest).
    Chest:
    -Incline barbell bench press (1 warmup set of a light weight) 3x8-12 reps of working sets
    -Flat dumbbell bench press (1 warm up set of a light weight) 3x8-12 reps of working sets
    -Pec-Dec fly machine 4x8-12 reps super set with decline pushups (feet on the seat of the machine) with the same amount of reps.
    Biceps:
    -Wide grip barbell curls (use strict form and do not worry about weight) (1 warmup set of a light weight) 3x8-12 reps of working sets
    -Seated preacher curls 4x8-12 reps
    -seated incline curls 2x8-12 reps (for a better pump, do alternating with 1:1, 2:2, 3:3"""" all the way to 8:8. In other words do 1 rep each arm followed by 2 reps each arm etc.)

As you can see, the workout is quite short and both the routine hits both muscles from different angles.

Wednesday: For Wednesday, you will be doing shoulders and triceps. The reason I pushed the workout a day back was to give the triceps and shoulders a moderate rest period before engaging in an isolated workout. One thing to not is that there are many ways to approach shoulders, but again as I said above you do not want to try to overwork them as they are engaged when doing pressing exercises (eg. chest).
    Shoulders:
    -Rotator cuff exercise (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHwHyPMF8QM) Always be sure to work your rotator cuff to lower the risk of shoulder injuries.
    -Seated Dumbbell press (1 warm up set of a light weight) 3x8-12 reps of working sets
    -Dumbbell lateral raises (Use strict form!) 4x8-12 reps of working sets
    -Reverse pec-dec fly 3x8-12 reps of working sets
    -Dumbbell or barbell shrugs (Personal preference here but be sure to focus on the contraction in the traps) 4x10-15 reps of working sets
    Triceps
    -Close grip bench press (be sure to use proper form, use a light weight, and make sure not to bend your wrists) 4x8-12 reps of working sets
    -Dips (self explanatory) 4x8-12 reps of working sets or as many as you can for 4 sets
    -1 arm cable pull downs with a drop set (take the grip off the cable and just grasp the end of the cable, use strict form, and really focus on the triceps) 2x8-12 reps with 2 drop sets.

Thursday: For Thursday, you will be doing legs and abs. I feel that the legs need to be pushed relentlessly to force hypertrophy so it requires a large amount of sets. Also try to force yourself to do heavy weight even if you need a spotter. For abs, you only need to do 2 exercises but I also included side bends as a super set because it would be quick to do in between sets.
    -Squats super set with standing calf raises (1 warmup set of a light weight) 4x8-12 reps of working sets
    -Leg press 4x8-12 reps of working sets
    -One legged leg curls 4x8-12 reps
    -Good mornings or hamstring curls super set with side bends 4x8-12 reps (side bends 4x15-30) of working sets
    Abs
    -Decline situps 3 sets to failure
    -Knee or leg raises (depending on how strong your core is. Also make sure to raise your knees all the way up to your chest!) 3 sets to failure

Friday: For Friday, you will be doing back. For back day, I tend to do a lot of volume because there are many areas to the muscle its self. The one key thing though is to completely focus on form over weight when doing back as it is common for people to use momentum with rows and lat pull downs which engages other muscle groups. On a side note, the reason I do not incorporate dead lifts is because it is a bad idea to do them the day after legs so I substitute them with hyper extensions. This is personal preference so you can include dead lifts although I am making good gains with hyper extensions.
    Back
    -Pulls ups (for pull ups follow this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZF0Uz7rty8) 4 sets to failure
    -Lat pull downs ( for lat pull downs follow these tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZF0Uz7rty8 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ1bf14oNA4) 3x8-12 reps of working sets
    -bent over dumbbell or barbell rows (again personal preference and is something you should experiment with) 4x8-12 reps
    -T-bar rows 3x8-12 reps
    -Hyper extension with a drop set 2x8-12 reps of working sets

If you have any questions feel free to ask because I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something.

In terms of payment, all I ask for is results! Now good luck and stay committed.

37. Post #1837
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,408 Posts

I do a modified Greyskull LP program:

Days are as following AxBxA and BxAxB, repeat

A:
    BB Benchpress 2x 5, 1 x 5+
    DB Curl 2x 12
    BB Squat 2x 5, 1x 5+

B:
    BB Military press 2x5, 1x 5+
    Weighted pull-ups 2 x 6-8
    Deadlift 1x 5+

BW pull-ups are done in-between sets or whenever, just chuck out a lot of them, 3-4 reps is a good start, and if you can't do weighted pull-ups do BW instead

for the press exercises I increase the load with 1 kg, on squats and deadlift 2,5k g

for warm-up, I do 10x push-ups, 10x BW squats, 10x kettlebell swings, 3 sets

and then I row afterwards

Edited:

and appropriate warm-up sets before each exercise ofc

38. Post #1838
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,731 Posts
    Man, thank FUCK for IF, I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around how much weight I'm losing. I was doing everything I could to lose the last bit of BF for a long time, and the weight just wasnt coming off. I switched to Intermittent Fasting, and suddenly I've dropped 10lbs. Man I'm so pleased with how well this is working for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

39. Post #1839
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,441 Posts
    Could i leanbulk with IF?

40. Post #1840
    July 2007
    1,038 Posts
    Could i leanbulk with IF?
    Yes you can. Intermediate fasting is not a diet. It is a form of regulation when you eat, so within that time period you are allowed to eat, consume as many calories as possible. If I am not mistaken, it is an 8 hour period in which you are allowed to eat, so consume around 800 calories or so every 2 hours. Also I suggest you eat the bulk of your calories within the first 6 hours.

You can refer to this video although I personally haven't taken a look at it yet.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)