1. Post #2201
    April 2012
    3,425 Posts
    man my bacne is insane

Edited:

anyone know any supps/vitamins to help clear this shit up
    salycilic acid, benzoyl peroxide are both good. You can get salycilic acid sprays and scrubs; I prefer scrubs. I also use them together, but not at the same time: benzoyl throughout the night, and scrub when I shower in the morning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2202

March 2010
    818 Posts
    man my bacne is insane

Edited:

Accutane?

Or just stop doing roids
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2203
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,913 Posts
    I've used a myriad of different acne clearing products, and most do jack shit, almost makes me hate laying on benches, flairs up the next day and takes weeks to clear up. By then more appear, sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #2204
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,452 Posts
    make sure your bedsheets are clean. Usually after I wash mine, my bacne goes away in like a week lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2205
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,735 Posts
    So my mom had some creatine here at home, and I have no idea why she would need it, but I decided to try it today, since you guys recommend it so much. Then I had to lay down for an hour or 2 because I had some really bad migraines. So now it's been 2 hours or so since I took the pills. Would it still work if I start working out now? And what are the effects on taking creatine and not working out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #2206
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,913 Posts
    make sure your bedsheets are clean. Usually after I wash mine, my bacne goes away in like a week lol
    I wash mine once every 6-7 days, but it isn't enough, acne is mostly determined by genetics, and being clean, and I keep myself clean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #2207
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,452 Posts
    I wash mine once every 6-7 days, but it isn't enough, acne is mostly determined by genetics, and being clean, and I keep myself clean.
    yeah, I know it's different for everyone. just thought i'd share what works for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

8. Post #2208
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,913 Posts
    yeah, I know it's different for everyone. just thought i'd share what works for me
    Probably need to expose my skin to the sun more, it cleared up a lot being out for a couple hours, but I keep forgetting/don't have time to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2209
    April 2012
    3,425 Posts
    So my mom had some creatine here at home, and I have no idea why she would need it, but I decided to try it today, since you guys recommend it so much. Then I had to lay down for an hour or 2 because I had some really bad migraines. So now it's been 2 hours or so since I took the pills. Would it still work if I start working out now? And what are the effects on taking creatine and not working out?
    do you understand what Creatine is and what it does? It doesn't give some sort of drug boost lmao. You take creatine everyday, and in turn, you get minor strength increases which gives you more time doing your lifts.

Creatine shouldn't give you a headache.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #2210
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,083 Posts
    He probably OD'ed on creatine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #2211
    Fuarrrrkin sexier than zeez bruh
    March 2011
    1,773 Posts
    weve been over this

dont do it again or youl give handjobs behind mcdonalds for your next fix like your mum

Edited:

oh and bacne is pissing me off too, i got it from this damn suntan oil this year and it wont go away ;____; its unaesthetic as fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #2212
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    man my bacne is insane

Edited:

pct

jk, take a tablespoon of the almighty coconut oil before bed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #2213
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,452 Posts
    Probably need to expose my skin to the sun more, it cleared up a lot being out for a couple hours, but I keep forgetting/don't have time to do that.
    damn dude I forgot how good the sun is. sun and salt water is a miracle for my skin.

if anyone has acne problems, find a beach if you can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2214
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    man my bacne is insane

Edited:

benzac 5%
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2215
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    However, in practice, there are signs as to whether you have good insulin sensitivity or not and possibly whether you over-secrete insulin. Hereís two very simple questions to ask yourself regarding your response to diet.
    1. On high-carbohydrate intakes, do you find yourself getting pumped and full or sloppy and bloated? If the former, you have good insulin sensitivity; if the latter, you donít.
    2. When you eat a large carbohydrate meal, do you find that you have steady and stable energy levels or do you get an energy crash/sleep and get hungry about an hour later? If the former, you probably have normal/low levels of insulin secretion; if the latter, you probably tend to over-secrete insulin which is causing blood glucose to crash which is making you sleepy and hungry.

I consider it most likely that superior bodybuilders couple excellent insulin sensitivity with low insulin secretion in response to a meal. This would tend to explain why bodybuilders have often gravitated towards high carb/low-fat diets and been successful on them.
    At the same time, mediocre bodybuilders frequently get less than stellar results from that same diet. Lowering carbs and increasing dietary fat seems to be more effective in that case some of the low-carb bulking strategies out there probably work better for those individuals. The same goes for fat loss. Cyclical low-carb diets such as my Ultimate Diet 2.0 or the more generic cyclical ktogenic diet (CKD) described in my first book The Ketogenic Diet allow such individuals to briefly enjoy the benefits of heightened muscular insulin sensitivity.
    Putting it Into Practice
    If you have good insulin sensitivity and low insulin secretion, odds are you will do well with a traditional bodybuilding type of diet which means high protein, highish carbs and low fat. Letís say youíre consuming 1 g/lb of protein at 12 cal/lb. Thatís 33% protein. If you go to 1.5 g/lb, thatís 50% protein. That leaves you with 50-67% of your calories to allocate between fat and carbohydrate. 15-20% dietary fat is about the lower limit as it becomes impossible to get sufficient essential fatty acids below that intake level. So, at 1 g/lb, your diet will be roughly 33% protein, 47-52% carbs (call it 45-50%) and 15-20% fat. If protein goes to 50% of the total, carbs should come down to 35% of the total with 15% fat.
    If youíre not insulin sensitive and/or have high insulin secretion, a diet lower in carbs and higher in fat (donít forget that protein can raise insulin as well) is a better choice. Assuming, again, 40% protein, a good starting place might be 40% protein, 20-30% carbs and 20-30% fat. A further shift to a near ketogenic (or cyclical ketogenic) diet may be necessary, 40% protein, 10-20% carbs and the remainder fat may be the most effective. If protein is set higher, up to 50% protein, carbs would be set at 10-20% with the remainder (20-30%) coming from dietary fat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

16. Post #2216
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,735 Posts
    I've been doing weighted leg raises for the past couple weeks, but since I'm using a make-shift weight set (bag with books and rocks inside, ghetto style) I have a harder time balancing the stuff between both legs than lifting the weight itself. I've seen good results with it, but I probably shouldn't continue doing it, because one day the bag might snap and down goes the rock right into my stomach, not to mention the fact that I'm trying to work out and not training to be a juggler with all that instability. So I ask you, are there any other worthwhile exercises that are good for your abs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

17. Post #2217

April 2010
    3,460 Posts
    Hey everyone I know that you are pretty good with helping people start off with lifting, and I'm wondering what would be good for me. I'm about 5'11"-6', and I weigh 170lbs, would stronglifts be a good start? School is starting for me in two days, and i'm thinking of joining the weight club, basically where you can just use all the equipment and work out (squatting racks, bench press, sleds, treadmills ect.)

(excuse my odd old man looking body)
    Edited:
    oh also some things to ingest during it would help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #2218
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,735 Posts
    inb4 5X5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

19. Post #2219
    March 2011
    1,773 Posts
    loose some weight and do a split

you need to bulk to succesfully do SL or SS and youl just look fate.

20. Post #2220

April 2010
    3,460 Posts
    loose some weight and do a split

you need to bulk to succesfully do SL or SS and youl just look fate.
    and what would you suggest doing? i have no experience with working out or anything so im clueless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #2221
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    why does every single phucking person recommend doing 5 sets with no isolations

its phucking retarded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #2222
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,452 Posts
    because SS and SL covers all bases

bra
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #2223
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    because SS and SL covers all bases

bra
    but what about 12 reps and shyt

for optimal aesthetic mass gain

24. Post #2224
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    at 12-15 rep range you'd only recruit the highest threshold fibers at the very end of this range (15), which are responsible for most of our growth potential. Meaning, they won't get as much time under tension.

In short, a good combination of work within the low rep ranges and higher proximities to your maxes would produce better results than a completely pink-weighted 12 rep range routine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #2225
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    I can understand that but what's the point of leaving out a ton of isolations?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

26. Post #2226
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    Pump, squeeze all of that bullshit achieved more so by isolation is completely useless for beginners. Unless you are an avid drug user there's no point in messing with that shit. Natural bbers need to focus on increasing the weight progressively and compound exercises, although they have their place.

I would add isolation and that kind of shit when a person has some years (1-2 years) on his belt and general weight goals achieved.

I could talk about this for days, but I think you get the point
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #2227
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,452 Posts
    my abs on the left side are way huger than my right side, is this due to genetics or am I fucking up squat/dl technique or wut?

28. Post #2228
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    complete symmetry is genetics, of course, but in that case is sounds like an overuse of your dominant side and underuse of your weak side. Aesthetically it's a matter of doing more to your weak side in comparison to your strong side. (i.e 1 set to right, 3 for left)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

29. Post #2229
    March 2011
    1,773 Posts
    i have fucked up abs- no fitness modelling for me ;____;

i have 3 really big abs and 1 really small one on one side and then 1 big one and 3 small ones on the other. naturally they do not evne look symmetrical.

30. Post #2230
    July 2010
    3,446 Posts
    Hey guys is like this routine good for at home? The dumbells I'm using are 12.5 pounds cause it's all I have atm. Yes I'm dieting, no pop, chips, and shit like that only like rice eggs water fruit vegetables ect ect. I have no money for a real gym either so that's out of the question atm.

6 sets of 50 "lifts" with dumbbells
    6 sets of 50 "lifts" straight up above my head with dumbbells
    4 sets of 25 crunches
    4 sets of 25 squats
    2 sets of 25 pushups

I've been doing this everyday for about a month.

Edited:

I do it in like 1 to 1 1/2 hours

Edited:

I also shadowbox with dumbbells if that counts

31. Post #2231
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,083 Posts
    Slept 2 hours tonight, I so decided to "borrow" some of my parents "special blend" imported coffee. Felt like my feet were hovering, and I boosted my 5rm atg squat to 95kg and my 2rm atg squat to 100kgs.
    I'm over sensitive to caffeine, but I'll probably start drinking some coffee before I lift now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #2232
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,452 Posts
    buncha stuff
    you're not going to make a lot of progress

33. Post #2233
    July 2010
    3,446 Posts
    you're not going to make a lot of progress
    fuck, well any suggestions?

Edited:

I'm not looking to get completely fucking ripped just so you know

34. Post #2234
    April 2012
    3,425 Posts
    Hey guys is like this routine good for at home? The dumbells I'm using are 12.5 pounds cause it's all I have atm. Yes I'm dieting, no pop, chips, and shit like that only like rice eggs water fruit vegetables ect ect. I have no money for a real gym either so that's out of the question atm.

6 sets of 50 "lifts" with dumbbells
    6 sets of 50 "lifts" straight up above my head with dumbbells
    4 sets of 25 crunches
    4 sets of 25 squats
    2 sets of 25 pushups

I've been doing this everyday for about a month.

Edited:

I do it in like 1 to 1 1/2 hours

Edited:

I also shadowbox with dumbbells if that counts
    12.5db
    "lifts"
    50 reps
    Final destination.

For Strength lift rep-ranges:
    1-7

For Hypertrophy ranges (buil mo musckle):
    8-12

50 reps isn't doing anything but making your muscles tired and some endurance stuff I guess, but negligible. It's not intense enough.

Join a gym, build a gym, or at the very least, find/create a proper bodyweight/minimal equipment routine.

Also, even if you wanted to get jacked, it won't just happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

35. Post #2235
    July 2010
    3,446 Posts
    12.5db
    "lifts"
    50 reps
    Final destination.

For Strength lift rep-ranges:
    1-7

For Hypertrophy ranges (buil mo musckle):
    8-12

50 reps isn't doing anything but making your muscles tired and some endurance stuff I guess, but negligible. It's not intense enough.

Join a gym, build a gym, or at the very least, find/create a proper bodyweight/minimal equipment routine.

Also, even if you wanted to get jacked, it won't just happen.
    So you're saying less is more?

36. Post #2236
    April 2012
    3,425 Posts
    So you're saying less is more?
    yeah, as long as it's less reps, more weight.

also, in the Strength rep ranges, you will still build muscle, but strength gains are the main thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #2237
    July 2010
    3,446 Posts

also, in the Strength rep ranges, you will still build muscle, but strength gains are the main thing
    Ah okay I see, yeah I'm kinda new to this working out thing as you can probably tell.

Since I only have 12.5 dumbbells atm, could I tape them together then do like 6 or 7 reps of 25 lbs on each arm? Would that be pretty much to same thing as if I had 2 25lbs dumbbells, just taking longer?

Edited:

Eh I just tried it, I can get to 7 with some struggle, but probably could get to 9 or 10 (on my right), and I could only get 6 on my left

38. Post #2238

August 2012
    47 Posts
    did you really taape 2 12.5 dumbells together
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #2239
    Dennab
    December 2009
    3,302 Posts
    Buy a gym membership, if you can't afford it then get a job
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

40. Post #2240
    July 2010
    3,446 Posts
    did you really taape 2 12.5 dumbells together
    You bet.

Edited:

Buy a gym membership, if you can't afford it then get a job
    Plan on getting one later this year, in a month or so.