1. Post #2721
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    Fat people who lose weight super fast end up looking dyel because of how fast they lost weight, not because they did cardio. If you cut on a 3000+ cal deficit, you'd lose a shitload of muscle as well. Technically, if those people were to cut on a 500 cal deficit and do it the slow and steady way (which would take forever, why they don't do it), they could actually end up revealing a nice physique that has developed over years of hauling around hundreds of pounds/the strongest bulk ever, provided loose skin doesn't ruin it.

Cardio simply increases your deficit, really. If you eat at a surplus, you can do all the cardio in the world and won't lose gains. A lot of people trying to lose weight do cardio because they're rather create a deficit that way over just eating less.

Doing cardio BEFORE lifting can make you feel like you're losing gains because the cardio depleted glycogen deposits before you ever picked up anything heavy. The whole "cardio kills gains" thing is one of the dumbest broscience myths around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2722
    June 2007
    1,658 Posts
    TURNT UP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2723
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events

4. Post #2724
    April 2012
    3,343 Posts
    Are you Seith?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

5. Post #2725
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #2726
    April 2010
    3,302 Posts
    After my exams (currently doing them) I will be doing a lot more cardio and not over eating (ie. eating like a normal person) as well as drinking a lot of green tea and water. I want to get my abs popping, I've never had a body that's slim and very toned at the same time, always just really skinny.

If all goes well I'll post a picture. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

7. Post #2727
    After my exams (currently doing them) I will be doing a lot more cardio and not over eating (ie. eating like a normal person) as well as drinking a lot of green tea and water. I want to get my abs popping, I've never had a body that's slim and very toned at the same time, always just really skinny.

If all goes well I'll post a picture. :)
    You'd better be doing planks as part of your routine or else I'll slap you on your titties

8. Post #2728
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    According to my electronic scales, I have lost 10 kg overnight. brb dying.

9. Post #2729
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #2730
    April 2010
    3,302 Posts
    You'd better be doing planks as part of your routine or else I'll slap you on your titties
    Planks are easy mang, got very strong core muscles. I prefer doing leg raises though, much more fun.

Actually I like doing reps of these bitches

11. Post #2731
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    Planks are easy mang, got very strong core muscles. I prefer doing leg raises though, much more fun.

Actually I like doing reps of these bitches

That's easy mode, try doing it in hoops with your arms by your sides.

12. Post #2732
    April 2010
    3,302 Posts
    I'm having trouble envisioning that, pics?

13. Post #2733
    Instead of pull up bar u use hoops, which makes balancing even harder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events

14. Post #2734
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    Instead of pull up bar u use hoops, which makes balancing even harder
    Pretty much this.

15. Post #2735
    ~I want you inside me~
    May 2005
    17,320 Posts
    did 44kg dumbbell shoulder press today for 8 reps (2 spotted)

i thought i couldn't

but then i did it

and then i was happ y because i was able to

(moral of my story is is that i love thinking i won't be able to do something, attempting it, and succeeding flawlessly with a grin on my face)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #2736
    April 2010
    3,302 Posts
    Oh kinda like this?

I don't think my gym has that but I guess I can put some up at home when I have the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2737
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,314 Posts
    Cardio burns both muscle and fat at the same time.
    shut up fatty

I would not ditch running even if it would burn muscle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

18. Post #2738
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    jaeger please help
    lmfao you cunts are on your own

I've seen so much broscience bs in here lately that I'm about to have an aneurysm if I read one more sentence
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

19. Post #2739
    Fuarrrrkin sexier than zeez bruh
    March 2011
    1,728 Posts
    this place has devolved faster than /fit/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #2740
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    308 Posts
    lmfao you cunts are on your own

I've seen so much broscience bs in here lately that I'm about to have an aneurysm if I read one more sentence
    hahaha, you are not credible for shit, too stubborn and closed-for-debate to evolve.

loosen up your sphincter and try not to be such a scrooge. then maybe some good discussions can be had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

21. Post #2741
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    4,809 Posts
    hahaha, you are not credible for shit, too stubborn and closed-for-debate to evolve.

loosen up your sphincter and try not to be such a scrooge. then maybe some good discussions can be had.
    Maybe you could have attempted to give advice yourself instead of trying to start shit. I think jaeger knows a shitload more about exercise and what it does to your body than you do. Why answer when no one bothers to read the thread that's specifically there for people to read who have no idea what to do. Sure, asking questions is good, people need to read it first.

22. Post #2742
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    308 Posts
    Maybe you could have attempted to give advice yourself instead of trying to start shit. I think jaeger knows a shitload more about exercise and what it does to your body than you do. Why answer when no one bothers to read the thread that's specifically there for people to read who have no idea what to do. Sure, asking questions is good, people need to read it first.
    shh. jaeger is quite obviously trying to manipulate. bad manipulation at that. it's obvious he knows a thing or two, but what a shitty delivery on his part. he sounds like a bitter old man that sees things 'matter-a-fact'; a sad shortcoming to say the least.

and you, spaceghost, are as wispy as the wind. you mean nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #2743
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,442 Posts
    dunno what all this bitching is too lazy to read it but i saw someone say cardio at some point

fuck cardio. i'm a lazy cunt i only like picking heavy things up and putting them back down, i ain't gonna run for shit. if you're a fat fuck and need to lose weight, then sure you should probably do cardio. but if you've already lifted for a while and just want to cut off a few pounds to look more thick solid tight then i find it much easier to just stick with a meal plan and caloric deficit than running a few miles. FUCK CARDIO

Edited:

PS you won't burn muscle if you do cardio unless you're running a fucking marathon every time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

24. Post #2744
    Fuarrrrkin sexier than zeez bruh
    March 2011
    1,728 Posts
    Ok Toxic I don't really tend to post seriously (as you can probably tell), but it is time for another rare srs ruski post...
    Fuck off. Whilst it is apparent you have some good knowledge sorrounding the topic of health and fitness you are delivering it in a terrible manner. Not only have you disrupted a fair few of the threads here, but you are surprisingly also insulting some of the regular members here every chance you get. So stop. Wind your goddamn neck in (bulbous veins and all) and stop derailing threads with petty arguments. Help people out sure, we can always use knowledgable members here. But if you and Jaeger disagree, then just fucking take it to PMs or prove each other wrong through linking to appropriate studies instead of posting shit in the sub-forum.

Now somebody post something lifting related to put this petty shit behind us.
    /srs ruski post ende.

Edited:

yeah fuccke cardio

kills gains man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2745
    April 2010
    3,302 Posts
    Yeah lifting woo

26. Post #2746
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,452 Posts
    yo but cardio is good for yo HEART MAYN

yo heart is yo homie aight

he an important muscle too yaknow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

27. Post #2747
    NotMeh works out at home.
    June 2009
    12,111 Posts
    did 44kg dumbbell shoulder press today for 8 reps (2 spotted)

i thought i couldn't

but then i did it

and then i was happ y because i was able to

(moral of my story is is that i love thinking i won't be able to do something, attempting it, and succeeding flawlessly with a grin on my face)
    das p good mayne.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #2748
    April 2007
    103 Posts
    Now somebody post something lifting related to put this petty shit behind us.
    /srs ruski post ende.
    I squatted 100 lbs today, felt like a champ. I started SL 5x5 a few weeks ago, barely even able to squat the bar at the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #2749
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,017 Posts
    Just know that your gains aren't always going to be that quick. Those are just noob gains and will taper off once you start lifting for a longer period of time.

30. Post #2750

August 2012
    47 Posts
    Fat people who lose weight super fast end up looking dyel because of how fast they lost weight, not because they did cardio. If you cut on a 3000+ cal deficit, you'd lose a shitload of muscle as well. Technically, if those people were to cut on a 500 cal deficit and do it the slow and steady way (which would take forever, why they don't do it), they could actually end up revealing a nice physique that has developed over years of hauling around hundreds of pounds/the strongest bulk ever, provided loose skin doesn't ruin it.

Cardio simply increases your deficit, really. If you eat at a surplus, you can do all the cardio in the world and won't lose gains. A lot of people trying to lose weight do cardio because they're rather create a deficit that way over just eating less.

Doing cardio BEFORE lifting can make you feel like you're losing gains because the cardio depleted glycogen deposits before you ever picked up anything heavy. The whole "cardio kills gains" thing is one of the dumbest broscience myths around.
    first 2 sentences made me barf up my oats

Edited:

FACTS NEED WIGGLE ROOM TO FIT MY SHITTY VIEW OF REALITY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

31. Post #2751
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    Cardio burns both muscle and fat at the same time. Why do you think fat people who don't lift and only does cardio turns out later to be skinnyfat/auswitch
    are you retarded?

EDIT: Seriously, the stupidity of this statement hurts my brainsticle. Swimming is resistance training as well as cardio, how does that burn muscle off?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #2752
    August 2011
    49 Posts
    first 2 sentences made me barf up my oats
    BUT ALL YOU DO IS DRINk 98

33. Post #2753
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    all i do is suck dicks

34. Post #2754
    all i do is suck dicks
    Getting dat protein
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #2755
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,424 Posts
    So my girlfriend wanted me to quit smoking and I agreed with that, so when I left her place I had my final habit-cig (we probably are going to smoke at parties or something).
    Another thing was that she would like to see me having a proper sixpack. So now I'm aiming for that.
    I guess that I've had a good start today to it all.
    As I had the fun times late at night at her place, then I went running high intensity training style and which got my heart pounding like a jackhammer and also got me coughing up a lot, my H.I.T. run was also at bit too long.
    Other stuff today will be changing the car tires and Krav Maga class.

On the part of eating I've had a yoghurt, coffee, minced meat beef and a salad, an apple, a can of tuna with veggies, beans & chili and 3 pieces of dark chocolate. I've also drank half a bottle of a sports recovery drink and plan on drinking the other half after my KM class. Also going to eat a fajita before my KM.

Tomorrow I've planned on going for another H.I.T. run in the morning and to the gym in the evening.

I'll gladly take in some advice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

36. Post #2756
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,427 Posts
    Don't smoke at parties if you plan on stopping. Not going to happen.

Also don't be a fag who talks about changing your habits, but doesn't do it. Make a program and stick to it. Read about stuff on it the internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

37. Post #2757
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,017 Posts
    only idiots smoke, cool ppl do cocainum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #2758
    Dennab
    December 2008
    2,220 Posts
    shh. jaeger is quite obviously trying to manipulate. bad manipulation at that. it's obvious he knows a thing or two, but what a shitty delivery on his part. he sounds like a bitter old man that sees things 'matter-a-fact'; a sad shortcoming to say the least.

and you, spaceghost, are as wispy as the wind. you mean nothing.
    And you do not?

39. Post #2759
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,424 Posts
    Don't smoke at parties if you plan on stopping. Not going to happen.

Also don't be a fag who talks about changing your habits, but doesn't do it. Make a program and stick to it. Read about stuff on it the internet.
    So far so good, haven't felt the slightest bit of urge to smoke yet.
    What I remember from the last previous time I went a couple of weeks without smoking I instead started exercising a lot more since it would be my source of dopamine.
    I feel like that might be occurring again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

40. Post #2760
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    308 Posts
    are you retarded?

EDIT: Seriously, the stupidity of this statement hurts my brainsticle. Swimming is resistance training as well as cardio, how does that burn muscle off?
    it's not retarded to think that.. you're just condescending, which is the ultimate downfall of these forums.

i read an article somewhere that discusses how low intensity cardio burns less muscle than high intensity cardio. if that statement is true, then cardio, in fact, burns muscle under certain circumstances. ultimately, muscle catabolizes to discard the weakest cells and reanabolizes once your nitrogen balance raises back to normal, aka once you eat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)