1. Post #1201
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    Are you elbows directly under the bar? If they are, they should make it so your wrists just hold the weight, while your upper back tightens and is what actually holds the weight in place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

2. Post #1202
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    He placed 2nd. Crowd went crazy during his routine, he did it to Like a Rock by Bob Seger. He really should have placed first, the only thing about this sport is the politics. The guy who won didn't look near as good as my dad and the guys son plays soccer with the president of the federations son..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #1203
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    The journey is what makes the goal worth something, by not actually winning this time he prolonged his self-fulfillment. Disappointment (whether he says he feels that way) is only a choice

4. Post #1204
    April 2012
    3,422 Posts
    Future female lifter right here, already at 1xBowl Deadlift, needs to work on form though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #1205
    Dennab
    December 2011
    270 Posts
    The journey is what makes the goal worth something, by not actually winning this time he prolonged his self-fulfillment. Disappointment (whether he says he feels that way) is only a choice
    Ah, I don't think he's disappointed. He's just a little upset with the way things went because he knew he should have won. Sucks dieting for months and months on end and not getting the result you deserve. He's got another show in like 2 weeks, so we'll see what happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #1206
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    Yeah man sucks spending all that money on gear and not getting a win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #1207
    June 2007
    1,715 Posts
    ahahhaha yo boy made the tribune n tv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #1208
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,736 Posts
    I came here bitching about how slow my fatloss progress has been, but I think I over analyze myself, I spend to much time looking in the mirror.

I put on my old Hendrix shirt that I haven't worn in like 2 months, and walked into the school gym, the room monitor said that I really got fit.

9. Post #1209
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    959 Posts
    Good for you. My weight seems to be going down gradually as well, so there seems to be progress on my front too. I just wish my skin would magically retract into itself so there wouldn't be so much loose flab everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #1210
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,736 Posts
    Man, lately I've been sleeping like 8-10 hours a day and have been unusually hungry. Like all the time.

Edited:

ahahhaha yo boy made the tribune n tv
    Did you like, down a case of black label?

11. Post #1211
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts

So my back is pretty much at the 32 pound thing. How the fuck do i fix this? it sucks

12. Post #1212
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts

So my back is pretty much at the 32 pound thing. How the fuck do i fix this? it sucks
    http://stronglifts.com/lordosis-why-...how-to-fix-it/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #1213
    Dennab
    December 2008
    2,220 Posts
    Meh. Currently having troubles with burning the last bit of stubborn fat on my body.

14. Post #1214
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,736 Posts
    I'm at the leanest I've ever been in my life. As soon as summer starts I'm going to start bulking again, so one more month.

I can't believe even after months of half-assed protein intake and being broke off my ass, my lifts haven't budged.

Bench press 180 5 reps
    Deadlift 285 5 reps.
    Overhead 110 5 reps
    Bent over rows 165 6 reps

Squats: Before I fucked over my calve I was squatting 345 for 5 reps ass to the floor , I don't even know now, it's been a month
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #1215
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    17,297 Posts
    Round 2! I was doing very well last summer, but it didn't last. I put on twenty pounds of muscle and was burning all that stubborn softness away pretty quickly. I went regularly for about three and a half months, but then I started hitting plateaus, and got disheartened. In the midst of that, my dear old dog died, and we were evicted, and in as a result of all that demoralizing business, I broke my good habit of going to the gym and lost all my progress and then got lazy and stuff!

Looking at myself in the mirror last night, I realized, "dang, I think I might actually be in worse shape now than I was before, thanks to all that extra weight I put on melting into fat!"

So, I'm going to go to the gym in a few minutes and starting at square one of the SL 5x5 program again. I've got my handy supplements and I actually know how to do all the exercises this time around, so I'm hoping to see more progress in less time on this go! Last time I put on about fifteen pounds in the first two months, and then five pounds over the last six weeks or so as I started to reach those frustrating plateaus I was talking about! What it boiled down to, I think, is that I was developing unevenly because I had poor form on my upper body exercises, and didn't give them enough attention! This time, it'll be much more even development as a result of having proper form and experience from day one.

If I'm being honest, I really truly definitely don't feel like going to the gym, but I remember that the reluctance goes away pretty quickly once you actually start noticing a difference in the way you look and feel, so these first few weeks are going to be the hardest part. Anybody who wants to say, "yeah, you can do it! Fight through the groans!" would probably help me quit stalling and actually put on my shoes and go.

16. Post #1216
    April 2012
    3,422 Posts
    "yeah, you can do it! Fight through the groans!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #1217
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,777 Posts
    Round 2! I was doing very well last summer, but it didn't last. I put on twenty pounds of muscle and was burning all that stubborn softness away pretty quickly. I went regularly for about three and a half months, but then I started hitting plateaus, and got disheartened. In the midst of that, my dear old dog died, and we were evicted, and in as a result of all that demoralizing business, I broke my good habit of going to the gym and lost all my progress and then got lazy and stuff!

Looking at myself in the mirror last night, I realized, "dang, I think I might actually be in worse shape now than I was before, thanks to all that extra weight I put on melting into fat!"

So, I'm going to go to the gym in a few minutes and starting at square one of the SL 5x5 program again. I've got my handy supplements and I actually know how to do all the exercises this time around, so I'm hoping to see more progress in less time on this go! Last time I put on about fifteen pounds in the first two months, and then five pounds over the last six weeks or so as I started to reach those frustrating plateaus I was talking about! What it boiled down to, I think, is that I was developing unevenly because I had poor form on my upper body exercises, and didn't give them enough attention! This time, it'll be much more even development as a result of having proper form and experience from day one.

If I'm being honest, I really truly definitely don't feel like going to the gym, but I remember that the reluctance goes away pretty quickly once you actually start noticing a difference in the way you look and feel, so these first few weeks are going to be the hardest part. Anybody who wants to say, "yeah, you can do it! Fight through the groans!" would probably help me quit stalling and actually put on my shoes and go.
    i was in nearly the same boat. take care of business.

18. Post #1218
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    17,297 Posts
    Your encouraging words have bolstered my resolve, kabstrac.

19. Post #1219
    April 2012
    3,422 Posts
    Your encouraging words have bolstered my resolve, kabstrac.
    I'm assuming you went, so: How'd your first session back go?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1220
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,736 Posts
    Protip: Keep your nipples shaved. You're pecs will appear more vascular. Trust me.

21. Post #1221
    April 2012
    3,422 Posts
    thanks for the manscaping tip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #1222
    QUACK
    December 2008
    5,169 Posts
    nvm friend had some!!

23. Post #1223
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    half ass attempt at finding proper time and gear to workout, would produce half ass results.

you don't have a bench and you want to buy a 50kg set? you'd go beyond 70 before you'd be able to say speedy gonzales
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1224
    QUACK
    December 2008
    5,169 Posts
    nvm

25. Post #1225
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,316 Posts
    the fug is this. Straps, not full reps and a banana barbell but still that's fucking insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_rxhGJZgvW8
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

26. Post #1226
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    Lol at the location. Reminds me of my own gym and risks I take when it comes to weightlifting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1227
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,735 Posts
    Quick noob question. Are bench presses interchangeable with push ups with added weight? Like, adding a few weights and stuff on a backpack and wearing it while doing push ups
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

28. Post #1228
    July 2007
    1,038 Posts
    Yes, they are a great exercise if you want to switch it up, but don't rely on doing weighted pushups. Also try to switch it up by putting your feet on a bench while doing them..

When starting deadlifts for the first time, should I go really light weight? I haven't worked my legs in a long time and just started getting into working my back again since I got ill so I am not able to lift as much. For deadlifts, I was thinking of keeping it at 115lbs or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

29. Post #1229
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    That's way too light.

At least use 135lbs so you have the 45's on each side. If you use anything smaller than the 45's, you're going to be fucking up your back because the starting position will be too low.

30. Post #1230
    July 2007
    1,038 Posts
    That's way too light.

At least use 135lbs so you have the 45's on each side. If you use anything smaller than the 45's, you're going to be fucking up your back because the starting position will be too low.
    If I'm not mistaken, aren't there the rubber weights that are the same size at the 45's?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

31. Post #1231
    Dennab
    January 2012
    609 Posts
    If your gym has them available then I guess.

But seriously, that's ridiculously light. If you're that paranoid about getting hurt then drop deadlifts altogether and just do squats/leg isolations until they're back up to speed. Doing deads that light won't do anything for you.

32. Post #1232
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,736 Posts
    Welp, Carb-up time here we go.

33. Post #1233
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,341 Posts
    If your gym has them available then I guess.

But seriously, that's ridiculously light. If you're that paranoid about getting hurt then drop deadlifts altogether and just do squats/leg isolations until they're back up to speed. Doing deads that light won't do anything for you.
    Doing something, with a certain motion regardless of weight would do something. Regardless, if he just started working out using a light weight until his motor ways and technique are properly adjusted is a good choice.

Edited:

Quick noob question. Are bench presses interchangeable with push ups with added weight? Like, adding a few weights and stuff on a backpack and wearing it while doing push ups
    You'd be better off with dips;

1. You can't progressively increase load effectively with pushups.

2. More muscles are activated during the dip and it has a larger carryover to the benchpress.

34. Post #1234
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    8,735 Posts
    ok got it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

35. Post #1235
    I'M AN ELITIST BELLEND. ASK ME ABOUT MY SOLILLA FETISH!

February 2012
    183 Posts
    I found this fat loss article the other day. I now understand the best times of the day to consume each macro to avoid catabolism. There is a lot of useful info here.

muscleandstrength
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

36. Post #1236
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    I found this fat loss article the other day. I now understand the best times of the day to consume each macro to avoid catabolism. There is a lot of useful info here.

muscleandstrength
    oh boy here we go again...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

37. Post #1237
    I'M AN ELITIST BELLEND. ASK ME ABOUT MY SOLILLA FETISH!

February 2012
    183 Posts
    oh boy here we go again...
    enlighten me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

38. Post #1238
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    17,297 Posts
    Heya, quick update: been on top of things. I've only been back for three sessions so far, but I'm already starting to get back into the swing of things, and I'm again looking forward to my visits. I started at the bar for every exercise, and am going to take everything up as evenly as possible to shoot for more balanced development this go around.

The only bummer is that my legs and ass are killing me because they aren't used to this yet. Super stiff! Past experience tells me that the stiffness will go away after a few more visits, so I'll just keep stretching and whatnot to alleviate the unpleasantness in the meantime.

39. Post #1239
    June 2007
    1,715 Posts
    Two more weeks of drinking and not lifting. After that I'm forced to start running and playing football.

Lettuce enjoy it while it lasts.

40. Post #1240
    April 2012
    3,422 Posts
    Two more weeks of drinking and not lifting. After that I'm forced to start running and playing football.

Lettuce enjoy it while it lasts.
    I thought you already began staying clean and lifting again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events