1. Post #441
    Gold Member

December 2011
    125 Posts
    Would not recommend trying to do work with this guy, he was really shady during the whole chat and after telling me he wouldn't be able to provide the bugged code I was supposed to fix (after a vague description of the bug) just ended up blocking me.
    Off topic a bit but I vouch for looter he helped me out fast!

Thank you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #442

July 2010
    86 Posts
    Jargen Servers is hiring!

We are looking for someone who can fulfill this criteria:
    *Must be able to work independently as-well as in a team
    *Must have decent English writing skills
    *Must also be able to call over us over Skype when needed.

Your job will vary from helping develop gamemodes to fixing bugs on clients servers. Must be flexible, price will be discussed with the applicants.

Please contact at http://jargen.co.uk

Hired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #443

August 2011
    12 Posts
    Jargen Servers is hiring!

We are looking for someone who can fulfill this criteria:
    *Must be able to work independently as-well as in a team
    *Must have decent English writing skills
    *Must also be able to call over us over Skype when needed.

Your job will vary from helping develop gamemodes to fixing bugs on clients servers. Must be flexible, price will be discussed with the applicants.

Please contact at http://jargen.co.uk
    Gamemode? Payment? add some more information, so people can see what gamemode you need help with.

Just sayin u know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #444

July 2010
    86 Posts
    Gamemode? Payment? add some more information, so people can see what gamemode you need help with.

Just sayin u know
    Its a long term job, and what will need doing will change quite often. Hence the need to be flexible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #445

January 2011
    25 Posts
    By the looks of it on his website he wants you to code stuff for his clients when they ask ( Which should be their job to try and fix their custom code )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #446
    April 2010
    452 Posts
    Basically what I think hes trying to say is, hes looking for a garrysmod tech person to manage to help make clients garrysmod gamemodes work as well as fix some small bugs I suppose.

-snap- have a garrysmod tech support for garrysmod. Just goto the /billing to order a gameserver. Their not fully done with there website. Just putting it out there.

(User was banned for this post ("Referee link" - Gran PC))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

7. Post #447
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,431 Posts
    Code:
    [url=http://www.depositservers.com/billing/aff.php?aff=007]DepositServers[/url]
    aff.php?aff=007

nice affiliate link
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #448
    April 2010
    452 Posts
    yeah so?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

9. Post #449

April 2012
    64 Posts

(James Bond)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

10. Post #450
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    By the looks of it on his website he wants you to code stuff for his clients when they ask ( Which should be their job to try and fix their custom code )
    Not a bad idea. Workload could be big if it takes off but it'll definitely attract clients, I don't think I've heard of anyone offering that before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #451

April 2012
    64 Posts
    Not a bad idea. Workload could be big if it takes off but it'll definitely attract clients, I don't think I've heard of anyone offering that before.
    Most likely would require mass amounts of coders if it took off bigtime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #452

July 2010
    86 Posts
    Most likely would require mass amounts of coders if it took off bigtime.
    Yeah, its something i have always anticipated. Hence why we have a mod system we are soon going to full with pre-coded stuff ready for use, so all the most common requests don't need participation on our part at all. Our goal is to make our clients servers unique, so it makes it easier for them to get a good playerbase going.

13. Post #453
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    Just use garrysmod.org where possible and don't do entire gamemodes or major addons - focus on fixing or modifying scripts instead of creating new ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #454
    September 2009
    9 Posts
    Hello, currently im looking for a DarkRP coder to remove all the trash from DarkRP. The following things are what I want below.

*What I want*
    - Economy System
    - NPC Shop = Hats
    - If possible donation system.
    - Special Player Things [Medic Can Revive, etc (If Possible).
    - HUD, can re-code menu's, etc.
    - Looking for something unique.

*About*
    30 Slot Server.
    Web-hosting, cpanel, and domain.

*Payment*
    I will be paying with steam cash so games sent in gifts,etc.
    Note: The price will be chosen between us.

Contact me at: MrTheJoker-Conor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #455
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,431 Posts
    Hello, currently im looking for a DarkRP coder to remove all the trash from DarkRP. The following things are what I want below.

*What I want*
    - Economy System
    - NPC Shop = Hats
    - If possible donation system.
    - Special Player Things [Medic Can Revive, etc (If Possible).
    - HUD, can re-code menu's, etc.
    - Looking for something unique.

*About*
    30 Slot Server.
    Web-hosting, cpanel, and domain.

*Payment*
    I will be paying with steam cash so games sent in gifts,etc.
    Note: The price will be chosen between us.

Contact me at: MrTheJoker-Conor
    so you pretty much want my server, seeing as you played on it for the first time in a few months 2 days ago and have now posted this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #456
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    131 Posts
    so you pretty much want my server, seeing as you played on it for the first time in a few months 2 days ago and have now posted this?
    all these features was implemented in my DarkRP edit for XtraGaming and ClusterStruck, so I can say that you copied my ideas too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #457

January 2012
    6 Posts
    Hello everyone im Herman773 and i need help. I posted on another thread for requesting of someone to help me get my CNC Rp running. So im looking for someone who knows how to operate Openaura, and help me with my server (Reward) I guess you would say the reward isnt something big like money or so, but all i can say is if you help me you will be in the ranks of admin to super, so please I need help badly. can someone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

18. Post #458
    April 2010
    452 Posts
    Hello everyone im Herman773 and i need help. I posted on another thread for requesting of someone to help me get my CNC Rp running. So im looking for someone who knows how to operate Openaura, and help me with my server (Reward) I guess you would say the reward isnt something big like money or so, but all i can say is if you help me you will be in the ranks of admin to super, so please I need help badly. can someone?
    Just letting you know, you're probley gonna get a lot of BS comments for saying that.

19. Post #459

January 2012
    6 Posts
    Eh, well even so i need help. I guess the appropriate matter is to just ask for the help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

20. Post #460
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,431 Posts
    all these features was implemented in my DarkRP edit for XtraGaming and ClusterStruck, so I can say that you copied my ideas too
    XtraGaming sold the gamemode to me/Seth, take it up with them.

gah derailment, take it to PM if you want to continue this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #461
    me
    June 2005
    610 Posts
    I'm sorry but you can't say someone else took your ideas. You didn't come up with the "economy" idea, this has existed in real life forever. Hat shop? Hats have been around forever. Donation system? Existed way before Garry's Mod did. This is why I will never understand when people complain about "idea stealing", other than if you completely replicate a HUD or something clientside with designs that you can copy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

22. Post #462
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,821 Posts
    I'm sorry but you can't say someone else took your ideas. You didn't come up with the "economy" idea, this has existed in real life forever. Hat shop? Hats have been around forever. Donation system? Existed way before Garry's Mod did. This is why I will never understand when people complain about "idea stealing", other than if you completely replicate a HUD or something clientside with designs that you can copy.
    stfu and stop derailing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #463
    Gold Member

December 2011
    125 Posts
    stfu and stop derailing.
    I just want to vouch Remscar, he helped me fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #464
    I call in friends to rate KatNotDinner dumb (lol)
    December 2011
    1,650 Posts
    Text that was all correct, but lacked one simple word.
    'unique'

That's all they say: 'I want my server to be unique'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #465
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    142 Posts
    Hello, this is what I need done!

-NLR Timer
    -New HUD
    -Bail Machine (Someones friend gets in Jail, they can go to this machine and bail their friend out)
    -New Pocket System
    -/Rob command
    -Hitman System
    -Pickpocket weapon for hobos
    -Armor that Black Market Dealer can sell
    -CP Shotguns blow doors off WARRANTED players only.
    -Gangs,Territory,Levels 1-70, Upgrades

Upgrades possible:
    -Running faster
    -Doing more weapon damage
    -Health regeneration
    -Health Increased (10%-90%)

-Inventory
    -Custom cross hair

-Leveled printers, 1-70
    -VIP Printers, 1-70

If your interested we'll talk prices on steam, so add me below

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xomskaa

26. Post #466
    Gold Member

December 2011
    125 Posts
    Hello, this is what I need done!

-Gangs,Territory,Levels 1-70, Upgrades
    So gangwars?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #467
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    142 Posts
    Yes, but I also have some more features that I can't explain here
    So gangwars?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #468
    Title

August 2009
    300 Posts
    I gave up on my train system. I got this far: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....1#post36148032

I'm looking for someone to complete it for our server, basically it requires a train to come past a random intervals which will also have (sometimes) a special carriage on the back that you can jump on and steal box's from which contain items. (A trainrobber job I suppose).
    Also yes, this has to be done in LUA, I don't want to edit and release another map.

PM me before you add me, so I know who I'm speaking to, my budget is only around $20-$25.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mrkrabz
    Still looking for this. Jackool started it and I think finished it, but was unable to deliver for other reasons.

29. Post #469

June 2012
    2 Posts
    I'm looking for a coder that can make a leveling system for DarkRP and some more.
    I'm willing to pay a good price for it if the job is done well.
    For more information contact me on either email or steam.

Email: Fail-o@hotmail.com
    Steam: Syan14

Job taken
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

30. Post #470

June 2012
    5 Posts
    Xavux is looking for a coder.

What we need:
    Someone who know how to develop Basewars 3.0(From scratch)
    Bug fixing
    And developing the gamemode.

About Xavux:

New community with many plans and ideas.
    Most of us is from others community and want to be successful and not hosting shitty servers with minges and hackers. We are trying to be different then most other servers, by making game modes feel new, and relaxing to play.

Our web page is on www.xavux.com feel free to come and look.

What we are looking for in a coder:

Knowledge in LUA.
    Begin friendly.
    Talking either English/Russian/Norwegian.

Short you need to be a good co worker and a somewhat good coder.

Payments: We are not paying for coders, because we already have some coders, and are only looking for help. But if you show us your skills you might be hired.

Contact me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/satyr_xavius
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

31. Post #471
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    How can you start development on Basewars 3.0 if you don't even have 1.0 or 2.0 made yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

32. Post #472
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    4,027 Posts
    Payments: We are not paying for coders, because we already have some coders, and are only looking for help. But if you show us your skills you might be hired.
    Wow this sounds like a great opportunity!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

33. Post #473
    April 2012
    32 Posts
    Hiring Dedicated GMOD PERP Coder For Mature Gaming Community

This post in a nutshell.
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...5#post36360875

Looking For
    PERP Coder That Is Very Experienced With Proof To Show.
    Dedicated to getting the job done, and getting it done well.

Payment
    Opportunity To Become Part Of Technical Leadership For The GMOD Division in our Community, if Mature, and Dedicated.

Contact
    You can PM me here on FacePunch, or add me on Steam.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/-pg-gucci

I will then speak to you, and hand you on over to the man in power. Or, you can view the post I linked above, and contact him.

Details:
    We already have a PERP server that a coder has been working on for quite some time, but he bugged it, and gave up on the project, and now he is giving up. This server is DAMN NEAR COMPLETE.

Requirements
    Be Mature (Atleast 13 Years Of Age)
    Be Dedicated (Don't Be That Guy Who I Constantly Have To PM On Steam To Ask When It Will Be Done.)
    Able To Code PERP (As said before, this server is almost done. Have experience and know what the F your doing!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

34. Post #474
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,431 Posts
    wait so why should we deal with a middleman, isn't that a waste of everyone's time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #475
    April 2012
    32 Posts
    I wouldn't call me a, "middle-man." Him and I are working together, just he is the one that is going to be uploading it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #476
    My Blog
    July 2009
    1,944 Posts
    Mature... at least 13 years of age...
    Right.

Nobody wants to do work for free. A meaningless fancy title in a community is not pay.
    That should be a rule... "can't post if only offering fancy community rank"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

37. Post #477
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,069 Posts
    Generally, if you don't offer money you're asking people to work for free. If your pay isn't in a currency one can use to buy actual things or as something actually worth money just say you're looking for people who'll do your work for free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #478

June 2012
    3 Posts
    I am the person he is "working together" with. I am looking for someone who will be willing to work but in return won't get money, but instead a leadership position in a growing community with multiple games already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

39. Post #479
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,431 Posts
    I am the person he is "working together" with. I am looking for someone who will be willing to work but in return won't get money, but instead a leadership position in a growing community with multiple games already.
    sorry but we generally don't want to run a community if we're just doing a scripting job, and especially if that leadership position is the "payment"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #480
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    4,027 Posts
    "Here's your job - your payment is another job"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)