1. Post #1601
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,660 Posts
    Normally I would but I think modeling Buzz would take considerably longer than a zoo animal or a dildo...
    Just draw him on a ripped out piece of notebook paper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1602
    July 2011
    810 Posts
    Some platforms.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

3. Post #1603
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    That's quite a bit of dirt and scuff on those tiles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #1604
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,969 Posts

postal service
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

5. Post #1605
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    postal's service?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 4Zing Zing x 2 (list)

6. Post #1606
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,825 Posts
    That's postal serv-ass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #1607
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,969 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #1608
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,939 Posts
    almost done! just need the leg missile pods and the ammo belt
    and then i need to learn rigging
    sadly my teacher doesn't know it, so it's off to youtube town

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #1609
    May 2011
    914 Posts
    snip, wrong thread

10. Post #1610
    February 2011
    770 Posts
    almost done! just need the leg missile pods and the ammo belt
    and then i need to learn rigging
    sadly my teacher doesn't know it, so it's off to youtube town

very nice dude! you should try to make more gun dams like the original rx-78-2!

11. Post #1611
    October 2011
    484 Posts
    screw the 78. the 79[G] needs to be done.... also what you got inebriaticxp, so beautiful. did you rig it with body groups?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #1612
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,351 Posts
    Got my first university assignment of the year, I have to make 5 specific assets from a set of themes they gave us, I chose the victorian theme, here's a lowpoly bench with AO+Normals. I plan on making all 5 models then texturing them afterwards, I'm also working to a deadline.

784 polys.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

13. Post #1613
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    13,191 Posts
    First time modeling:

Edited:

Well, I installed the student version of 3dsmax about a year and a half ago but I've only opened it up a few times and played around with boxes before getting intimidated and never touching it again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #1614
    Got my first university assignment of the year, I have to make 5 specific assets from a set of themes they gave us, I chose the victorian theme, here's a lowpoly bench with AO+Normals. I plan on making all 5 models then texturing them afterwards, I'm also working to a deadline.

784 polys.

[thttp://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4932/benchclay.jpg[/t
    nice clean bake! What are you using to sculpt that detail? Zbrush/Mudbox/nDo2?

15. Post #1615
    May 2011
    914 Posts
    First time modeling:

Edited:

Well, I installed the student version of 3dsmax about a year and a half ago but I've only opened it up a few times and played around with boxes before getting intimidated and never touching it again.
    I know how you feel. I just installed Blender to make some body hacks ('cuz everyone else doesn't want to) and I just went wall eyed at all of the stuff it has

16. Post #1616
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,351 Posts
    nice clean bake! What are you using to sculpt that detail? Zbrush/Mudbox/nDo2?
    Was going to use Mudbox for it but ended up doing everything in Max.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #1617
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,191 Posts
    First time modeling:

Edited:

Whoops I forgot to put the trigger guard back.

18. Post #1618
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,939 Posts
    screw the 78. the 79[G] needs to be done.... also what you got inebriaticxp, so beautiful. did you rig it with body groups?

Agreed! 79g master race
    And no, I have to finish some details and then I can get around to learning rigging

But it'll mainly just be so I can make pretty pictures; due to the way I made this guy (booleans ftw! ) there's no way he'll ever be in a game

When I get around to making the next gundam, I'll hopefully be proficient enough to put him in garrysmod or some shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

19. Post #1619
    October 2011
    484 Posts
    >no way he'll ever be in a game

;_;

can... can your next gundam be the same gundam?

also, what color scheme are you going for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

20. Post #1620
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,157 Posts
    wip

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11 (list)

21. Post #1621
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,969 Posts

yay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 6 (list)

22. Post #1622
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,191 Posts
    So I got bored with the glock for now and made a tanky:

Edited:

Not finished yet, clearly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #1623
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,157 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

24. Post #1624
    HASHTAG!
    January 2012
    551 Posts
    Its.. a.. Whalemarine!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #1625
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,076 Posts

Practicing texturing as well as a work flow for normal mapping, though its hard to see on this model.

and yea the welding marks fall off at an odd point, gona fix that... (even though Ibeams are cast in a single mold)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

26. Post #1626
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    369 Posts

I dug this up out of my abandoned models graveyard after I saw the gundam.

Might try to get it ingame it's only 4k tris.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1627
    October 2011
    484 Posts
    go for it.

28. Post #1628
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,351 Posts
    1,617, we don't have budgets we just have to keep it reasonable.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #1629
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,157 Posts
    Not completely happy with the engines

edit: since the old host is down:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #1630
    I like the shape of those engines but it does look kinda weird, like how they are attached to the wing, maybe extend the wings on the outside of the engines?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1631
    I know nothing about you but fuck it here's a title
    December 2005
    1,788 Posts
    I decided to stop being lazy, so here's a textured rock prop with a small normal map problem and a LOD version.

1024 polys, 2048 diffuse & normal for the hp version
    256 polys, 512 diffuse & normal for the LOD version

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

32. Post #1632
    February 2011
    770 Posts

i tired doing some basic metal gear solid 4 PMC reskins on the CSGO FBI guys (i have little knowlege using photoshop)

what do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

33. Post #1633
    May 2011
    1,649 Posts

i tired doing some basic metal gear solid 4 PMC reskins on the CSGO FBI guys (i have little knowlege using photoshop)

what do you guys think?
    That looks nice, but you should try and get rid of the white arm band. ( I know you overlayed with the grey texture) You should see if you can go over it with black. I dunno, may be just me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #1634
    February 2011
    770 Posts
    That looks nice, but you should try and get rid of the white arm band. ( I know you overlayed with the grey texture) You should see if you can go over it with black. I dunno, may be just me.
    thanks man, this was my first re skinning so i got really lazy, im fixing the problems as we speak, and i still dont know much how to use Photoshop hahahaa

35. Post #1635
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    6,455 Posts
    I couldn't find a question megathread, so I'm just requesting information here.
    Where can I find a decent tutorial on working with bones in Source? I have no idea what I need to put in the QCs and all the searches I do pull up the basics on exporting to Source rather than how I'm supposed to work with bones.

36. Post #1636
    Where can I find a decent tutorial on working with bones in Source? I have no idea what I need to put in the QCs and all the searches I do pull up the basics on exporting to Source rather than how I'm supposed to work with bones.
    there were some old dvd (NOESIS I think), they have them on streaming over at Design3, this should help but it isn't free (legally).
    Another way could be checking Valve's decompiled models in your steam/username/sourcesdk_content/ folder.

37. Post #1637
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,372 Posts
    It depends on what specifically your problem is. If you have any more info, I'd be happy to help.

38. Post #1638
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,351 Posts
    When I export an object so I can sculpt it a little, is there a way to get it back into Max for baking without having a crazy amount of polys slowing down my machine, basically looking for a way to control the iterations like turbosmooth so I can keep working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #1639
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    It's not 3DS Max, but you can try xNormal to load it and bake it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

40. Post #1640
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,670 Posts
    Not sure what you're looking for. If you want to bake it I'm assuming you want final quality, but if you want to keep working on it in Max after doing detailed sculpting that's going to be hard. If you've finished sculpting and want to bring it into Max (and if you're using Zbrush) there's Decimation Master which will do some crazy optimization while still retaining high quality normals. You can also export individual subd levels from Zbrush, rework them in Max, bring them back into Zbrush and transfer the sculpt details IIRC, though I've never done this myself so I have no clue as to how well it works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)