1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,623 Posts
    Future Cop?

Edited:

Why doesn't anybody do Future Cop
    Because Mechwarrior
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,258 Posts
    Can a mechwarrior spin it's guns like it's in a western?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    November 2011
    67 Posts
    I know it isn't the greatest but... also it's my first model so don't expect much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,623 Posts
    Turning dart launchers into laser pistols with laser pointers 101:

Can a mechwarrior spin it's guns like it's in a western?

No because that is fucking lame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,258 Posts
    now now, don't be jelly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,623 Posts
    Wow I voice my opinion and suddenly I'm jealous

What
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,876 Posts
    You voiced your opinion in a way that makes you sound like a dick.

How is that gun supposed to fire darts? Or is it purely a laser pistol. If so, why does it have a gas tank?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,623 Posts
    You voiced your opinion in a way that makes you sound like a dick.
    Many people do that nowadays and get away with it. Besides, I thought it looked fucking lame, and so I said it was fucking lame. Where's the problem?
    How is that gun supposed to fire darts?
    Hell, ask DICE.

Or is it purely a laser pistol. If so, why does it have a gas tank?
    Yeah it's some sort of random sci-fi gun, not sure about the gas tank thingy though. Might make it look like a battery/energy cell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

9. Post #129
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,697 Posts
    I am looking at doing some hand animations for a swep, were would I get just the hands view model in the source files, would I have to just take them out of the grenade or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,670 Posts
    Working on a Spas-12:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 9 (list)

11. Post #131
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,986 Posts
    Looks really good, going to add the Benneli text later?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,670 Posts
    The what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,258 Posts
    .....the SPAS-12 was made by Franchi, not Benneli
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #134
    May 2011
    570 Posts
    the benneli xm1014 or whatever it is im guessing

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,986 Posts
    .....the SPAS-12 was made by Franchi, not Benneli
    Haha... This was embarrasing...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #136
    May 2011
    570 Posts
    Benneli SPAS-12 would be 1337.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,498 Posts
    Technically, Benneli bought Franchi, so... but they don't make Spas-12's anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,670 Posts
    Technically, Benneli bought Franchi, so... but they don't make Spas-12's anymore.
    Actually, Beretta bought both of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    January 2008
    1,247 Posts
    Working on a Spas-12:

*pic*
    Metal folding stock plz.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

20. Post #140
    December 2009
    3,749 Posts
    Working on a Spas-12:

If you texture it and such can you make it as a replacement for the spas in hl2?

If you could that would be nice.

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,670 Posts
    Metal folding stock plz.
    On the way, it's far from done.

If you texture it and such can you make it as a replacement for the spas in hl2?

If you could that would be nice.
    Maybe. I'll talk to Sparkwire and see if he wants to animate/replace it when I'm done. If not I'd be happy to provide the files for anyone willing to do it instead.

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,151 Posts

nothing major. just re-skinned the masked robber to look more rioty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #143

First model I've actually seen through to the end. First time I've made textures too! Its for a little project me and my friend are working on
    Started teaching myself how to use Blender about a month ago now, never really done much 3D modeling before that

What do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    115 Posts
    Nice model tommo. I really like the shading you chose for the texture too.

I was really busy but I finally finished the scientist zombie for Wilson Chronicle.
    As I said I wanted to try Marmoset toolbag, so this is my first render.

C&C are welcome ^^.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 3 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,351 Posts
    Had to shift a load of work for uni this week, but I managed to make some progress.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 14Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,224 Posts
    Whoa.
    Yeah I know I don't really post here anymore and pretty much just lurk this thread, but I also know that what I've just seen is hot as heck.

That goes for pretty much everything in this thread, you guys rock. I need to open up 3DS again some time and rejoin the party.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    May 2010
    1,403 Posts
    bigboss, that headcrab looks really... cripspy? It kinda looks like it has been burned or dried out or something, I don't know if that is what you were aiming to achieve but yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    115 Posts
    Hey MrBunneh, yeah you're right, this is because I have to use the texture used in the mod Wilson Chronicle and the normal map is really weird (looks like it has been generated from the diffuse with too much small details).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,351 Posts
    That goes for pretty much everything in this thread, you guys rock. I need to open up 3DS again some time and rejoin the party.
    Do it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,398 Posts
    Working on a Spas-12:

Are you trying to seduce me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,351 Posts
    Fewes, what is the usual texture res you use for a gun? I use 2048x2 but was surprised by the lack of detail, do you take the approach where you give most surfaces the same space, or do you give more space to the areas closest to the camera and less for further away?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #152
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,697 Posts
    Fewes, what is the usual texture res you use for a gun? I use 2048x2 but was surprised by the lack of detail, do you take the approach where you give most surfaces the same space, or do you give more space to the areas closest to the camera and less for further away?
    I may be reading that wrong; 2048 by 2 pixels?

33. Post #153
    March 2010
    2,470 Posts
    I think he mean: "two 2048X2048 textures".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,033 Posts
    No, he means 2048*2, as in 2048x2048, not 2048x2048*2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,697 Posts
    Well that makes a lot more sense unless he was textureing a plane; thanks.

36. Post #156
    November 2008
    436 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 8Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,374 Posts
    Is he walking the dinosaur?

38. Post #158
    November 2008
    436 Posts
    Is he walking the dinosaur?
    shiron from Legendz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,973 Posts

made some wooden pallets and some books/binders today

512 for the pallets, 128 for the books
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,670 Posts
    Depends. Most often I find it easiest to break it up into several maps (though that's not ideal for rendering), and for medium sized rifles I usually want at least 2 1024^2 textures. It depends heavily on how much texture space I can reuse (mirrored parts etc. Sometimes I get away with just one 1024^2 texture and still have it looking great). I usually never go above 2048^2 for one texture map but I sometimes work with 4096^2 just so I can get some nice renders (the revolver I did for instance has a 4096^2 texture, though it's really not that necessary)
    And yes, I usually dedicate more texture space to parts closer to the screen or parts that are in plain sight.
    Something I have been inspired by recently is how the guns in Metal Gear Solid 3 are made. They have high geometrical detail in crucial areas and avoid circle like shapes in the texture map, instead relying on polygons to do that kind of job. This makes the guns look really good while still having really low texture res.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)