1. Post #761
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    6,201 Posts
    Sansa is a 11/15 or so year old girl trapped in a hostage situation by a woman she idolised by nature of her being the queen. She has the choice of saying X by choice or being forced to say X and getting beaten up for it later.

You shouldn't hate Sansa, she's doing her best to survive in a place that would happily have her die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

2. Post #762
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,347 Posts
    I think Joffrey is one of the most legitimately unlikable characters ever.

Edited:

Sansa too, fuck her.
    Sansa was a kid who thought she knew about the big bad world. Turns out she didn't, she's an idiot and I hate her for getting Lady and the Butchers boy killed, but I can't hold it against her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #763

July 2009
    94 Posts
    shae is just a whiny bitch in the tv version
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #764
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    shae is just a whiny bitch in the tv version
    I loved her in the books, hate her in the series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

5. Post #765
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,759 Posts
    I felt so bad for Sansa in the last ep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #766
    June 2010
    6,145 Posts
    I think Joffrey is one of the most legitimately unlikable characters ever.

Edited:

Sansa too, fuck her.
    Sansa's just so gloriously out of touch with reality, though she is a prick for the first few books, she looks like she might become slightly less terrible.
    ADWD:    Seems like Rickon's been forgotten about by Martin, though. I mean, he's mentioned to have gone with Osha to one of the northern lords, but you don't even see them breaking up in the book IIRC :v:   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #767
    November 2010
    2,246 Posts
    So I thought I'd check the thread for any interesting discussions.
    It's all spoilers and comparisons to the books, which I haven't read. Guess I'm outa here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    6,201 Posts
    Sansa's just so gloriously out of touch with reality, though she is a prick for the first few books, she looks like she might become slightly less terrible.
    ADWD:    Seems like Rickon's been forgotten about by Martin, though. I mean, he's mentioned to have gone with Osha to one of the northern lords, but you don't even see them breaking up in the book IIRC :v:   
    ADWD, probs best if you've finished it.    Martin suddenly remembers, Davos is after him in Winds because Wyman Manderley is fucking aweome, there must always be a Stark in Winterfell and THE NORTH REMEMBERS   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,885 Posts
    So I thought I'd check the thread for any interesting discussions.
    It's all spoilers and comparisons to the books, which I haven't read. Guess I'm outa here.
    If you want discussion with people who haven't been exposed to any sort of media (not even trailers) outside of the show itself check out the unspoiled speculation thread on television without pity
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

10. Post #770
    Dennab
    March 2008
    734 Posts
    ADWD, probs best if you've finished it.    Martin suddenly remembers, Davos is after him in Winds because Wyman Manderley is fucking aweome, there must always be a Stark in Winterfell and THE NORTH REMEMBERS   
    When do they say "The North Remembers"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,885 Posts
    When do they say "The North Remembers"?
    book 5 spoilers:    “Soon I must return to the feast to toast my friends of Frey,” Manderly continued. “They watch me, ser. Day and night their eyes are on me, noses sniffing for some whiff of treachery. You saw them, the arrogant Ser Jared and his nephew Rhaegar, that smirking worm who wears a dragon’s name. Behind them both stands Symond, clinking coins. That one has bought and paid for several of my servants and two of my knights. One of his wife’s handmaids has found her way into the bed of my own fool. If Stannis wonders that my letters say so little, it is because I dare not even trust my maester. Theomore is all head and no heart. You heard him in my hall. Maesters are supposed to put aside old loyalties when they don their chains, but I cannot forget that Theomore was born a Lannister of Lannisport and claims some distant kinship to the Lannisters of Casterly Rock. Foes and false friends are all around me, Lord Davos. They infest my city like roaches, and at night I feel them crawling over me.” The fat man’s fingers coiled into a fist, and all his chins trembled. “My son Wendel came to the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder’s bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter … but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.”   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

12. Post #772
    June 2010
    6,145 Posts
    Oh yeah, I remember now. It's also implied that the    missing Freys were murdered and put in the wedding pies on Manderley's orders, the one which he had something like 3 portions of   
    Also, I can't hear anything about lord Manderly without thinking of the Manderly in Deus Ex
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,489 Posts
    I think Wyman Manderly is the only fat person I like.

14. Post #774
    June 2010
    6,145 Posts
    I think Wyman Manderly is the only fat person I like.
    Sam?

15. Post #775
    October 2010
    434 Posts
    Ryan and Ryan talk about Game of thrones with special Guest Alyssa Rosenberg:

http://web.me.com/mcgeeryan/The_Pod_...d_Ryan/rss.xml
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

16. Post #776
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,489 Posts
    okay Sam too.

and George RR Martin

but that's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #777
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,589 Posts
    The latest episode felt like it was 10 minutes long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #778
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    6,201 Posts
    book 5 spoilers:    “Soon I must return to the feast to toast my friends of Frey,” Manderly continued. “They watch me, ser. Day and night their eyes are on me, noses sniffing for some whiff of treachery. You saw them, the arrogant Ser Jared and his nephew Rhaegar, that smirking worm who wears a dragon’s name. Behind them both stands Symond, clinking coins. That one has bought and paid for several of my servants and two of my knights. One of his wife’s handmaids has found her way into the bed of my own fool. If Stannis wonders that my letters say so little, it is because I dare not even trust my maester. Theomore is all head and no heart. You heard him in my hall. Maesters are supposed to put aside old loyalties when they don their chains, but I cannot forget that Theomore was born a Lannister of Lannisport and claims some distant kinship to the Lannisters of Casterly Rock. Foes and false friends are all around me, Lord Davos. They infest my city like roaches, and at night I feel them crawling over me.” The fat man’s fingers coiled into a fist, and all his chins trembled. “My son Wendel came to the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder’s bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter … but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.”   
    goosebumps.
    fuck yes this chapter.

19. Post #779
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,958 Posts
    The latest episode felt like it was 10 minutes long.
    Out of the three episodes so far, it felt like the longest, despite them all being the same amount of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #780
    October 2011
    163 Posts
    I was pretty suprised arya told gendry she was a girl so early but i guess things do move quicker in series, also the scene i've been looking forward to is nearing with melisandre and davos, you know the one

shadow baby    

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    6,201 Posts
    I was pretty suprised arya told gendry she was a girl so early but i guess things do move quicker in series, also the scene i've been looking forward to is nearing with melisandre and davos, you know the one

shadow baby    
       next ep!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

22. Post #782
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,489 Posts
    Roose Bolton next episode! One of my fav characters, can't wait.

23. Post #783
    October 2011
    163 Posts
    Roose bolton never really stood out for me what makes him your favorite?
    Come to think of it he did stand out more when he was in control of reak     rhymes with freak    

24. Post #784
    Propane Nightmares
    May 2007
    8,489 Posts
    Roose bolton never really stood out for me what makes him your favorite?
    Come to think of it he did stand out more when he was in control of reak     rhymes with freak    
       I love the mystery behind him, especially in A Dance with Dragons.   

25. Post #785
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,806 Posts
    Did you guys see [spoiler]Gendry[/spoiler] took and arrow to the knee in the latest episode?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #786
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,214 Posts
    Spoiler tags are sp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #787
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    [sp]tags[/sp] dude

Also I    Thought it was just some random kid that got an arrow through the knee, and then a blade in the throat? Gendrys the huge dude.. I thought he was fine    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #788
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,538 Posts
    [sp]tags[/sp] dude

Also I    Thought it was just some random kid that got an arrow through the knee, and then a blade in the throat? Gendrys the huge dude.. I thought he was fine    
       It was a random kid, she lied to protect him   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

29. Post #789
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    6,201 Posts
    Episode 3 spoilers    It was Lommy, not especially a "random"    

30. Post #790
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,214 Posts
    well in the show he was pretty random and had like 3 lines

31. Post #791
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    Yeah he and Hot Pie haven't had much to say in the show.

32. Post #792
    June 2010
    4,367 Posts
    I hate it when people don't verify if they're spoiler tagging stuff from the show or the books. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #793
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,846 Posts
    Who's the gay king's wife?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #794
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    I hate it when people don't verify if they're spoiler tagging stuff from the show or the books. :(
    It's a pretty well know unwritten rule to mention that. People who are new to this thread might not know that, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

35. Post #795
    October 2011
    163 Posts
    Who's the gay king's wife?
    That's Margaery Tyrell she's the daughter of Mace Tyrell warden of the south and lord of highgarden
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

36. Post #796
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,349 Posts
    That's Margaery Tyrell she's the daughter of Mace Tyrell warden of the south and lord of highgarden
    And also she's like 18 years older than she should be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #797

November 2010
    482 Posts
    And also she's like 18 years older than she should be
    Like every other character? She's (2 years?) older than Sansa in the books.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

38. Post #798
    Like every other character? She's (2 years?) older than Sansa in the books.
    Margaery is supposed to be about 16, right?

Her actor is about 30. It's waaaay to big of a leap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #799
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,846 Posts
    Thanks. I'm loosing count on all the character in this show.

Edited:

Margaery is supposed to be about 16, right?

Her actor is about 30. It's waaaay to big of a leap.
    She looks quite young.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

40. Post #800
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,759 Posts
    Need her to be of legal age so we can see her tits, duh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events