1. Post #2121
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,799 Posts
    Hmm, interesting. I also found Qarth to be a weird ass creepy city.(Mainly due to that fucking Warlock, but the rest were weird too).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

2. Post #2122
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,322 Posts
    Hmm, interesting. I also found Qarth to be a weird ass creepy city.(Mainly due to that fucking Warlock, but the rest were weird too).
    We haven't even seen the    Sorrowful Men    yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

3. Post #2123
    Kinda pissed about The House of the Undying, though.

They really should have showed ASOS    That particular person with a Direwolf's head in place of a human head    That would have fucking awesome If done subtly enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #2124
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,170 Posts
    You should identify that as a book 3 spoiler. Book 3 Upwards    It's not confirmed, but it's got something to do with the hairnet sansa was wearing. It was from Asshai, and as proven by Melisandre, some freaky shit goes on over there.   

the beads on her hairnet were strangler poison   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2125
    August 2009
    611 Posts
    God...waiting a year is going to blow so much dick.

My brother bought me ASoS for Christmas.

Would I be able to get away with reading ASoS having just watched the show?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #2126
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,328 Posts
    read from book 1

trust me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #2127
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,064 Posts
    Neat. I have a question, it's about Joffrey, Book 3 and upwards spoiler.    Who poisoned him?   
       Not really revealed yet, but the most likely suspects right now are Littlefinger in collusion with the Tyrells. Of course, there's holes even in that theory.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #2128
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,332 Posts
    Allright you butts, if i wanted to pick up the book that carries off from just where this season ended which one am i needing to throw money at?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #2129
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    a storm of swords, just started reading it now. i havent read any of the other books, but so far having watched both seasons seems to suffice. there are a few differences, and it also sort of parallels the events of the second season. for example, ASOS     brienne and jamie are travelling with a frey, while in the tv series they turned him into a lannister and had jamie kill him. instead of encountering the stark men on the riverbank, they are chased by a galley from riverrun. i hope differences dont become too major later on in the book. (only read the first couple of chapter)    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #2130
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,064 Posts
    You're going to miss a LOT of important worldbuilding and background stuff (like the majority of the Roberts rebellion stuff) if you don't read the first two books. There's a lot of foreshadowing and history that are crucial to many of the theories you're going to hear if you ever head to the official forums. Two hints that are the largest contributors to knowing Jon's parentage were completely omitted from the show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #2131
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,603 Posts
    A man is what people say he is and nothing more.

S2EP10 -    So if the dragons gave the warlocks power again, were they just faking it for the past hundred years or so?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #2132
    June 2010
    6,266 Posts
    I'd advise against reading the book after the season you just watched, and would suggest starting with the first book, for the simple matter that the tv adaptation leaves quite a lot out, much of it which will be important later. (Quarth happened entirely differently)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #2133
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #2134
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,603 Posts
    It's because some books got spilt into 2 volumes I think.

Was it really necessary for Tywin to go in on a horse?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2135
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    welp, a few chapter into ASOS and things are starting to fall apart, can anyone tell me why     roose bolton has harrenhal? wasnt gregor left in charge? and isnt bolton a bannerman for stark? in which case, why was arya being held captive there? and if bolton has betrayed robb, then why would he help the tully's and others recapture jamie? ugh, might stop reading and just wait for the next season, as the changes seem to be getting more dramatic and i cant be arsed to read the first two books.    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #2136
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,064 Posts
    welp, a few chapter into ASOS and things are starting to fall apart, can anyone tell me why     roose bolton has harrenhal? wasnt gregor left in charge? and isnt bolton a bannerman for stark? in which case, why was arya being held captive there? and if bolton has betrayed robb, then why would he help the tully's and others recapture jamie? ugh, might stop reading and just wait for the next season, as the changes seem to be getting more dramatic and i cant be arsed to read the first two books.    
    Should have read the books brah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

17. Post #2137
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,603 Posts
    CKII - GoT patch out

http://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza...v011_released/

- Added Wildfire.
    :o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #2138
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    why did the white walkers not kill your fat guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #2139
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,240 Posts
    Badass.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #2140
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    isnt that kind of a spoiler?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #2141
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,240 Posts
    isnt that kind of a spoiler?
    The episode has aired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #2142
    June 2008
    466 Posts
    i dont think it has for americans, but w/e

also, WHERE THE HELL IS SER BARRISTAN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2143
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,603 Posts
    So why did Bolton destroy Winterfell? Did he even let those Ironmen leave or did he kill them once they were outside?

24. Post #2144
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,550 Posts
    So why did Bolton destroy Winterfell? Did he even let those Ironmen leave or did he kill them once they were outside?
    Because he's a Bastard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #2145
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    Damn that ending was badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #2146

August 2010
    474 Posts
    so what happened to theon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

27. Post #2147
    September 2010
    975 Posts
    reek reek it rhymes with weak
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #2148
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,603 Posts
    What is dead may never die!

29. Post #2149

August 2010
    474 Posts
    and did the ironmen torch the village before leaving or something? why was everything on fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

30. Post #2150
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    You just can't take Theon seriously, he's such a loser

The scene with his speech got me laughing hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2151
    ice cream and pussy
    March 2005
    2,014 Posts

also, WHERE THE HELL IS SER BARRISTAN
    yes it has
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

32. Post #2152
    October 2010
    751 Posts
    and did the ironmen torch the village before leaving or something? why was everything on fire.
    You can blame Bolton for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2153
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    8,097 Posts
    The events at the Winterfell felt a bit rushed and because I didn't read the books I have no idea    what happened to Theon and who burned the castle down.    Everything else was pretty good, except poor Tyrion.

Also I thought The Walking Dead ended a month ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #2154
    It must be confusing as fuck for non-book readers as to why snow killed half-hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

35. Post #2155
    October 2010
    751 Posts
    It must be confusing as fuck for non-book readers as to why snow killed half-hand.
    I thought it was kinda obvious.

In a previous episode Jon and him were plotting something (cant remember the exact words, I think it was something to do with gaining their trust). I know that Halfhand is only pretending to fight Jon.

EDIT: I cant be the only one who thinks that scene with the three blasts reminds me of LOST. Specially the music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

36. Post #2156
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,563 Posts
    it was confusing. why did he do it? seemed like they were plotting something when he pushed him down the hill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

37. Post #2157
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,298 Posts
    why did the white walkers not kill your fat guy
    Because hes just to lovable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

38. Post #2158
    Frivolous Speculation + Trolling ElectronicG19 = Grizz
    July 2009
    4,070 Posts
    HBO is the original channel. It's the British who don't get it "officially" until today.

39. Post #2159
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    7,209 Posts
    Question to book readers:

Going by the second season's ending, it seems that the Night's Watch will have a pretty damn good idea that the Others are back.

Now, I've read on some spoilers because I can't help myself, and I know Sam survives, so he could tell the rest, so, why is it that in the next 3 books the rest of Westeros isn't more in a panic about the Others? I don't see much mention towards them in plot summaries or anything, and you'd think they'd have their heads up in fear about them.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

40. Post #2160
    Frivolous Speculation + Trolling ElectronicG19 = Grizz
    July 2009
    4,070 Posts
    Question to book readers:

Going by the second season's ending, it seems that the Night's Watch will have a pretty damn good idea that the Others are back.

Now, I've read on some spoilers because I can't help myself, and I know Sam survives, so he could tell the rest, so, why is it that in the next 3 books the rest of Westeros isn't more in a panic about the Others? I don't see much mention towards them in plot summaries or anything, and you'd think they'd have their heads up in fear about them.

They're too busy being caught up in their own troubles. It's ironic, because the people of Westeros now mock and joke about the two elements in that world which could be the end of them all. White Walkers and Dragons. A Song of Ice and Fire.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)