1. Post #961
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,798 Posts
    My Das Ultimate Silent should be getting here tomorrow Can't fucking wait, just hope someone is in when they deliver it
    It's here! I fucking love it, I keep laughing like a giddy schoolgirl

Also, n key rollover bitches! bgftnmhjyi9 sevr

Edited:

I got the silent (brown) version and it's still pretty loud. It's manageable but I dread to think what the blue version would have been like
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

2. Post #962
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Blue is way louder trust me lol.. Browns sorta annoy people in the room. Blues annoy people in the room 3 walls over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #963

April 2011
    4,509 Posts
    It's here! I fucking love it, I keep laughing like a giddy schoolgirl

Also, n key rollover bitches! bgftnmhjyi9 sevr

Edited:

I got the silent (brown) version and it's still pretty loud. It's manageable but I dread to think what the blue version would have been like
    Louder. Much louder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #964
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,524 Posts
    So I'm planning on getting a blackwidow with the blue MX Cherry switches since I can't find the stealth one, but from seeing the above posts are they really THAT loud? Like do they break the sound barrier or something? Because I don't want it to be so loud that I don't annoy everyone in the house, or am I just better off with a non mechanical one in that case?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

5. Post #965
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,372 Posts
    So I'm planning on getting a blackwidow with the blue MX Cherry switches since I can't find the stealth one, but from seeing the above posts are they really THAT loud? Like do they break the sound barrier or something? Because I don't want it to be so loud that I don't annoy everyone in the house, or am I just better off with a non mechanical one in that case?
    Reds are the only ones I've heard in person and they're pretty quiet in an imaginary comparison I made in my head to what the description of blues is like. I'm not crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #966
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    Blue is way louder trust me lol.. Browns sorta annoy people in the room. Blues annoy people in the room 3 walls over.
    I was literally not exaggerating.

My computers at one of my house, the bedrooms at the other. it was loud enough that you can hear every key stroke (I personally can sleep through it, but its just something I have a knack for apparently, it was driving mum nuts).

Definitely hold out and get Brown switches (which are still loud compared to a rubber dome, but yeah, not nearly as bad as blues)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

7. Post #967
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,142 Posts
    So Filco still has the ping (noise) problem, and the whole rocking on the desk problem

Does Das have any glaring issues? I am tired of having to improvise all this crap for my dumb Filco Majestouch II

8. Post #968

April 2011
    4,509 Posts
    So Filco still has the ping (noise) problem, and the whole rocking on the desk problem

Does Das have any glaring issues? I am tired of having to improvise all this crap for my dumb Filco Majestouch II
    You realise that all plate mounted boards ping, right? I have seen dome ones that do.

9. Post #969
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,142 Posts
    You realise that all plate mounted boards ping, right? I have seen dome ones that do.
    Well the m key and some keys around it make a louder, not nice sounding, noise, and it gives off vibrations

10. Post #970
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    38 Posts
    Well the m key and some keys around it make a louder, not nice sounding, noise, and it gives off vibrations
    Can't confirm this, sir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

11. Post #971
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,466 Posts
    Can anyone recommend a number of decent keyboards for around 100-120? I don't really need a backlit keyboard but it would of course be a bonus, and I really don't care if the keys are loud. I've looked at Steelseries keyboards, they seem to be pretty good, but I'm not sure if those are worth the price.

12. Post #972
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,635 Posts
    Can anyone recommend a number of decent keyboards for around 100-120? I don't really need a backlit keyboard but it would of course be a bonus, and I really don't care if the keys are loud. I've looked at Steelseries keyboards, they seem to be pretty good, but I'm not sure if those are worth the price.
    Filco, Daskeyboard.

13. Post #973
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,466 Posts
    Filco, Daskeyboard.
    I don't think that there are any Swedish variants of those keyboards, are there any good mechanical keyboards from international manufacturers?

14. Post #974
    March 2009
    362 Posts
    I don't think that there are any Swedish variants of those keyboards, are there any good mechanical keyboards from international manufacturers?
    I have a swedish Filco myself, so they definitely come in that flavor. As for the Das, you can always get the european version without prints.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

15. Post #975
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,466 Posts
    -snip-

16. Post #976
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,151 Posts
    Damn! My next keyboard will never have blue switches again.
    While they're awesome I've died countless of times due to the switches being pressed down because I didn't raise my fingers high enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

17. Post #977
    Fuck Your Life
    Dennab
    July 2011
    2,186 Posts
    you get used to it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

18. Post #978
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,151 Posts
    you get used to it
    I've owned this keyboard for almost a year now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

19. Post #979

April 2011
    4,509 Posts
    I've owned this keyboard for almost a year now.
    Then you are incompetent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

20. Post #980
    August 2009
    388 Posts
    Looking for something relatively inexpensive for typing, sometimes I have to type out essays and my flatkey Razer Lycosa is just uncomfortable, I type quicker while writing essays and often find myself reaching for keys more because they're not as high as I would find comfortable, also I don't even realise if I've pushed a key or not occasionally. Preferably quieter but satisfying to type on.

Thanks guys, sorry if these requirements are too demanding, it was a long shot anyway.

21. Post #981
    March 2012
    112 Posts
    Not too demanding at all. If a low actuation and quiet keys is something you want, I'd go for browns or reds. It would help if you provided a budget so we don't give you links to keyboards out of your budget. For now look at these

http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-professional-silent/ this is a bit of a pricey option, but it's a dream to type on.
    http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_d...sp?PRODUCT=990 another pricey one, but a good quality board
    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/coole...d-backlight-on - cheaper, with a partial backlight (for gaming of course)

just look for things from Das, Filco, Corsair, Cooler Master, WASD. Anything with browns or reds.

22. Post #982
    December 2010
    90 Posts
    Hello,

As I cant tell is the apple wireless keyboard (White with white keys and not metal) a mechanical keyboard? Its loud and the keys are stiff but idk if it is.

Thanks for any input.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #983
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,536 Posts
    Hello,

As I cant tell is the apple wireless keyboard (White with white keys and not metal) a mechanical keyboard? Its loud and the keys are stiff but idk if it is.

Thanks for any input.
    Apple has not made a Mechanical Keyboard sense the 1990's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #984
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    They are chiclet keyboards, which are the total opposites of mechanical keyboards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #985
    December 2010
    90 Posts
    They are chiclet keyboards, which are the total opposites of mechanical keyboards.

Are you sure? According to Wikipedia those types have not been used for years?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #986
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    I am pretty sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #987
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,536 Posts
    Are you sure? According to Wikipedia those types have not been used for years?
    They are in fact chiclet key switches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #988
    August 2009
    361 Posts
    Just found one of these

IBM PC keyboard, with a capacitive buckling spring switch type, as opposed to the membrane buckling springs on the Model M. This keyboard is a dream to type on, but it suffers from an awful layout, on top of being incompatible with modern computers. So I'm wondering, what modern switch type is comparable to this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #989
    April 2011
    3,174 Posts
    that layout is atrocious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #990
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Topre switches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #991
    August 2009
    361 Posts
    Topre switches.
    Do you, or anyone else know from experience if they actually feel the same as the Model F? I googled the switch type, and a lot of people called it a middle ground between mechanical and membrane keyboards. Are there any other similar switches that won't cost >$200?

32. Post #992
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,536 Posts
    Do you, or anyone else know from experience if they actually feel the same as the Model F? I googled the switch type, and a lot of people called it a middle ground between mechanical and membrane keyboards. Are there any other similar switches that won't cost >$200?
    Model F switches feel nothing like topre, to tell you the truth they feel like buckling springs but with a lighter Actuation Force.

33. Post #993
    Gold Member

May 2006
    467 Posts
    Look what i got for my 18th birthday!

It's the rubber dome variant, though. But it still feels pretty slick! I can't imagine how the buckling spring keyboard feels like!

34. Post #994
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,093 Posts
    Got my K90. I love it. Still have to get used to typing on it though. Misspelt a lot of things now ha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #995
    Keep us posted on what you like/don't like about it. Still considering one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

36. Post #996
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,093 Posts
    I like the look of it, the lights are very very nice. The wrist rest is comfortable. Total of 54 macro keys you can program to do whatever you like so that is mad handy. The volume control knob is pretty sweet. Typing feels amazing but I make a lot more mistakes than I used to because the keyboard, while overall is bigger, the actual typing area is a lot smaller than my previous keyboard so I'm still getting used to it.
    I would recommend the keyboard though.

Also, never really have to clean it the hard way, because the keys don't go into one of those deep groves like most keyboards do, they just sit on the aluminium so you can easily just blow dirt out or just turn the keyboard upside down and give it as shake. Also the keys are sweet, they won't wear off because they are laser etched. Sweet keyboard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

37. Post #997
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,151 Posts
    I like the look of it, the lights are very very nice. The wrist rest is comfortable. Total of 54 macro keys you can program to do whatever you like so that is mad handy. The volume control knob is pretty sweet. Typing feels amazing but I make a lot more mistakes than I used to because the keyboard, while overall is bigger, the actual typing area is a lot smaller than my previous keyboard so I'm still getting used to it.
    I would recommend the keyboard though.

Also, never really have to clean it the hard way, because the keys don't go into one of those deep groves like most keyboards do, they just sit on the aluminium so you can easily just blow dirt out or just turn the keyboard upside down and give it as shake. Also the keys are sweet, they won't wear off because they are laser etched. Sweet keyboard.
    Oh wow, that is the perfect mech substitute for my G110
    Shame you can't change the backlight colour tho :c

38. Post #998
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,093 Posts
    Yeah I guess, but I always preferred the blue lights over the red ones, just nicer and easier on the eyes I think. But yeah I recommend the keyboard anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

39. Post #999
    You mention the keyboard is smaller than your prevous, what is your previous? I'm on a G510 and I find that it's getting stiffer somehow over time. I notice when I play games I hit the keys so hard my desk shakes which shakes my microphone and I have to edit out all those little bumps more often.

I'm considering just getting the K90 and telling logitech to fuck their lazy asses for not coming out with something.

Edited:

Eh fuck it
    I bought it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #1000
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    21,151 Posts
    Yeah I guess, but I always preferred the blue lights over the red ones, just nicer and easier on the eyes I think. But yeah I recommend the keyboard anyway.
    How loud is it compared to the average rubberdome keyboard?