1. Post #481
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,089 Posts
    You won't be able to find what you are looking for in that range. Closest retro can would be olympus epl1, which runs near 200
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #482
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,578 Posts
    My friend who's a big history buff collects things from past wars, and has a functioning. As a gift I'd like to buy him film for the camera he has. Only problem is I don't know what the exact model is, or the type of film. I took a picture on my cell-phone, and can't upload the picture. It has a body like a rolleiflex twin lens camera. I was able to "recreate" the name on the camera in paint to the best of my ability.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #483
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    You won't be able to find what you are looking for in that range. Closest retro can would be olympus epl1, which runs near 200
    That's a shame, I was thinking of getting a film camera in that range but shooting video is probably necessary.
    If I was to go 35mm film, what should I think about getting? Same price range, cheers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #484
    My friend who's a big history buff collects things from past wars, and has a functioning. As a gift I'd like to buy him film for the camera he has. Only problem is I don't know what the exact model is, or the type of film. I took a picture on my cell-phone, and can't upload the picture. It has a body like a rolleiflex twin lens camera. I was able to "recreate" the name on the camera in paint to the best of my ability.
    you should find a way to upload the picture :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

5. Post #485
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,893 Posts
    http://cameras.alfredklomp.com/lubitel2/

?

Edited:

lubitel 2, uses 120 film
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

6. Post #486
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Are you fucking kidding me, I just accidentally bought a Fujifilm X10 for like, 430, fuck.
    Is it atleast a good camera? I can't believe paypal let them take 430 from my account which was already negative 40.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

7. Post #487
    waitwhat

you are going to do something about it, right? else you won't have enough money to fill your weekly new headphone quota
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

8. Post #488
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,620 Posts
    Are you fucking kidding me, I just accidentally bought a Fujifilm X10 for like, 430, fuck.
    Is it atleast a good camera? I can't believe paypal let them take 430 from my account which was already negative 40.

Should be a great camera if it's not one of the first production models. They had some white orb issues on pretty much any reflected light.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #489
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    waitwhat

you are going to do something about it, right? else you won't have enough money to fill your weekly new headphone quota
    Tell me about it, I get headphones for free now due to my website audiblebond.com, but I would like to have saved for some LCD-3s, anyway, I'll probably keep it as I feel a good camera is one of the best investments you can make, plus I can't keep using my phone for pictures if I want to make actual good reviews in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #490
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,089 Posts
    for you video guys out there, this was just announced
    http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/blac...ount/#comments

A blackmagic video camera, with EOS mount, 2.5k resolution, and RAW recording! Price should be around $3k, making it in competition with the Mk3 for compact video recorders. Should put some pressure on DSLR makers, because I don't believe there's any camera near this price range that supports 2.5k or RAW.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #491
    That is the sexiest fucking thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #492
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,089 Posts
    all we have is a concept for now, but it's a very exciting camera if it lives up to what it's saying. can't wait to hear more

13. Post #493
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Do these have universal threading?

http://www.amazon.com/Joby-GP1-A1EN-...068339&sr=1-22
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #494
    February 2009
    84 Posts
    all we have is a concept for now, but it's a very exciting camera if it lives up to what it's saying. can't wait to hear more
    Adorama got to take a look at it, no test run but interesting nonetheless.

[url]

[url]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    for you video guys out there, this was just announced
    http://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/blac...ount/#comments

A blackmagic video camera, with EOS mount, 2.5k resolution, and RAW recording! Price should be around $3k, making it in competition with the Mk3 for compact video recorders. Should put some pressure on DSLR makers, because I don't believe there's any camera near this price range that supports 2.5k or RAW.
    That's an interesting niche. The body's design is cheap-looking though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #496
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    get an om10

Edited:

I'm looking for a digital camera that has a retro aesthetic to it (think X10, or older film cameras), non-DSLR as my price range doesn't quite make it, looking at about 100 ($150), obviously picture quality is more important than aesthetics, but I'd love something that looks like the X10, the standard point and shoot look is horrible.

Edited:

Actually, I'm open to 35mm film cameras in the same price range too if anyone has any ideas, maybe I should go 2nd hand?
    didn't realise you accidentaly bought an x10 it's cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,959 Posts

The ugliest of the X series. Honestly, the X100 is the best looking, most portable (lightest), and has the best bang for your buck out of the X series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    ===
    This was a waste of $1
    December 2011
    1,554 Posts
    I had been hoping to get the digital Bolex when it comes out but I'm probably gonna go for the Blackmagic cam if it's around $3k.

19. Post #499
    April 2012
    3,383 Posts
    The ugliest of the X series. Honestly, the X100 is the best looking, most portable (lightest), and has the best bang for your buck out of the X series.
    But doesn't it cost like twice that of the x10?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #500
    May 2011
    2,016 Posts
    Adorama got to take a look at it, no test run but interesting nonetheless.

[url]

[url]
    It is bigger than i thought it was just looking at the picture from the article.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #501
    January 2008
    1,840 Posts
    My Electro 35 lives!! I did a little jury-rigging, since I don't have a battery cover, but it works like a charm, and quite honestly, that's all that matters to me in the end. Can't wait to get a roll developed from it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #502
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    The X100 is more aesthetically pleasing, but accidentally spending 400 on an X10 is way more than I originally intended to spend, 700 would have been ridiculous.
    I'm happy with the X10, it's compact and not a DSLR but for the price of an entry level DSLR, it's exactly what I need, and I love the old film camera look rather than what DSLRs are today (large, function over form), I just hope it can shoot at near DSLR quality, going by reviews it should do well.
    It's a shame it doesn't have 720p60fps though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #503
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    187 Posts
    I have a question for everyone. Im looking for a lens that is excellent in very low light situations and wide angle. I have been looking into this lens and im not sure if its worth it. Most of the reviews are complaining about the AF. Personally I will not be using the AF on it. So is it worth it? Or is there a lens that will do near the same for cheaper?

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consum...ii_usm#Reviews

24. Post #504
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,452 Posts
    A relative handed down some great old cameras after finding out I did stuff with old cameras and the like. This Petri super 28 is gonna get some serious use, I can already tell

really happy to come across pieces like this in near perfect condition. Only issue is there appears to be condensation inside the inner lens element. Easily removed and cleaned though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

25. Post #505
    I wish I had photog family members
    then i'd get all of their wisdom and cool shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #506
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,226 Posts
    I went to the Nikon dealer thinking I would go home with the F3, but I looked at it, the FE 1&2, FM 1&2 and the F100. Decided on this.

The CA of the 35 1.8 rears its ugly head. Nice quality it is for 149, it was 200 more for a slightly less scratched version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #507
    September 2008
    1,511 Posts
    My Olympus OM-2 and ProMaster 135mm f2.8 came today.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

28. Post #508
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,089 Posts
    man i want a hotshoe thing for my om1n

29. Post #509
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    I'm getting a camera for my birthday. A DSLR with video capability was out of my budget, so I'm getting a Kodak Max Z990. Yeah, it's a Point n' Shoot. But I'd say it's a nice beginner camera.

Takes fantastic video!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #510
    September 2008
    1,511 Posts
    man i want a hotshoe thing for my om1n
    What's BS is the shoe thing on the OM-2 isn't compatible with my OM-1N.

31. Post #511
    April 2012
    170 Posts
    Got a LensPen.. 'tis godly for keeping my lenses cleaner than a nuns vagina.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    187 Posts
    Got a LensPen.. 'tis godly for keeping my lenses cleaner than a nuns vagina.
    I have a couple on the way :) They are awesome.

33. Post #513
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,452 Posts
    the stuff I thought was condensation inside the lens appears to be solid, so I can't gently clean it like I hoped by unscrewing the front elements and getting in there, gotta remove it completely to work on stuff . Probably would look OK if I shoot with it, sans weird speckles inside bokehspheres
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #514
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,893 Posts
    "bokehsphere" sounds like another one of those terrible terms like blogosphere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #515
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,959 Posts
    Can somebody reccomend me a good DSLR wrist strap? Thanks in advance :)

36. Post #516
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    956 Posts
    I literally now own three 50mm 1.4s.

Thread title challenge accepted, and accomplished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

37. Post #517
    April 2012
    170 Posts
    I'm thinking of a 35mm 1.8G for my D5100 since it's a crop sensor...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #518
    Headphone doctor
    April 2010
    5,449 Posts
    Just got the X10, wow, I've never owned a good camera before, the thing just exudes quality, I'm going to enjoy this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #519
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,226 Posts
    I'm thinking of a 35mm 1.8G for my D5100 since it's a crop sensor...
    Chromatic Aberration can be quite bad at times and the bokeh is hit or miss. Its a very sharp lens regardless and a fun one to use on crop as its closer to 50mm.

I bought a Hasselblad 500 C/M. Couldn't resist one that's in good shape and recently serviced. Should arrive in a week. That's me sorted now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #520
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    473 Posts
    "bokehsphere" sounds like another one of those terrible terms like blogosphere
    I prefer "Bokeh Balls" myself.

It's better if you read it in Kai Man Wong's voice.

"Booowkeh Booowls!"   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)