1. Post #161
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,592 Posts
    I got a focus flash for $250, now I don't even know if it was worth it with all these new phones.

Should be arriving tomorrow/day after though.
    should have waited for lumia 900...

2. Post #162
    September 2007
    580 Posts
    should have waited for lumia 900...
    My budget was $250

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,795 Posts
    Gah, I'm honestly thinking of buying a spare USB cover and machining a hole into it. Having to flip it every time is probably my biggest (and almost only) annoyance I've got.

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,198 Posts
    Argh. Black or cyan 900. (Already on eBay)
    I love blue but the black looks sleeker. Anyone had hands with both finishes?

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    4,768 Posts
    I'd say black

the cyan one is cool but you'll get sick of it
    and it gets dirty

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    I've got the Cyan 800, I chose it over black just because I was getting a bit bored of the same old and wanted a change. I love it it matches the blue colour of the tiles perfectly.

7. Post #167
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,097 Posts
    If the 900 is like the 800 it will come with a super tight case which incase's all the coloured shell with the same colour. So at any time you can just buy an alternative coloured case and voila, new phone .

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,198 Posts
    I forgot how close it was to the 8th
    I'll wait and visit a nokia store close to me and play with one.

9. Post #169
    Tuba Player Extraordinaire
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    So I picked up an HTC Radar at T-Mobile today just to play with Windows Mobile. Damn. That is all I have to say. Windows Mobile does so many things right, I can't wait to get a WP7 phone.

I want to get the Lumia, the only off putting thing to me about the Lumia 900 is the fact that its display isn't 720x1280 like most of the phones coming out shortly after it.

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,485 Posts
    So I picked up an HTC Radar at T-Mobile today just to play with Windows Mobile. Damn. That is all I have to say. Windows Mobile does so many things right, I can't wait to get a WP7 phone.

I want to get the Lumia, the only off putting thing to me about the Lumia 900 is the fact that its display isn't 720x1280 like most of the phones coming out shortly after it.
    What.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    Are you just trying to be a jerk? I got the names confused. I was obviously talking about WP7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,792 Posts
    Oh no. I got it confused with its predecessor. Like you didn't know what I was talking about. Way to just be an asshole.
    How is typing the word what being an asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    How is typing the word what being an asshole.
    Pointing out that I said Windows Mobile when I talked about how I liked the HTC Radar and plan on getting the Lumia 900. It was pretty obvious I was talking about WP7.

Replying just to say what. Kind of a jerk thing to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,485 Posts
    Pointing out that I said Windows Mobile when I talked about how I liked the HTC Radar and plan on getting the Lumia 900. It was pretty obvious I was talking about WP7.

Replying just to say what. Kind of a jerk thing to do.
    "I picked up the HTC Radar at T-Mobile today just to play with Windows Mobile". I though that you thought that the HTC Radar runs Windows Mobile, and then you made it sound like Windows Mobile/WP7 (if you were calling them the same thing in the post) are two different things (which they are) on the HTC Radar and the Lumia. That's where the confusion stemmed from. I own the thing myself.

And if I seemed like a jerk, it was genuine confusion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,795 Posts
    If the 900 is like the 800 it will come with a super tight case which incase's all the coloured shell with the same colour. So at any time you can just buy an alternative coloured case and voila, new phone .
    It doesn't, but you can buy them.

To be honest the biggest dissapointment on the 900 seems to be a lack of the curved glass. Means there's apparently an edge on the bezel.

16. Post #176
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    "I picked up the HTC Radar at T-Mobile today just to play with Windows Mobile". I though that you thought that the HTC Radar runs Windows Mobile, and then you made it sound like Windows Mobile/WP7 (if you were calling them the same thing in the post) are two different things (which they are) on the HTC Radar and the Lumia. That's where the confusion stemmed from. I own the thing myself.

And if I seemed like a jerk, it was genuine confusion.

Oh, well I apologize then. Sorry for being a jerk in return.

17. Post #177
    December 2008
    1,072 Posts
    So as everybody knows, BBM is a huge part of why teenagers bought Blackberry, and its why Apple came out with iMessage as a competitor.

What do you guys think the chances are of a similar Skype-powered integration for Windows (Phone) 8? It would be a great setup, as it could work across computers, phones, and tablets, much like iMessage, and would work solely through the data plan, much like BBM.

Anybody else think this is a possibility for why Windows bought Skype in the first place? I think if they market it right, they could attract a lot of new customers and especially a lot of teenagers/twentysomethings.

Yes?

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,198 Posts
    So as everybody knows, BBM is a huge part of why teenagers bought Blackberry, and its why Apple came out with iMessage as a competitor.

What do you guys think the chances are of a similar Skype-powered integration for Windows (Phone) 8? It would be a great setup, as it could work across computers, phones, and tablets, much like iMessage, and would work solely through the data plan, much like BBM.

Anybody else think this is a possibility for why Windows bought Skype in the first place? I think if they market it right, they could attract a lot of new customers and especially a lot of teenagers/twentysomethings.

Yes?
    Could have sworn BBM was going cross platform.

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,795 Posts

Yes?
    MS already has messaging platform - MSN messenger. Of course it never hurts to have multiple messaging clients and skype is quite popular. So we could easily see some integration like that happening as well.

Plus Wp7 already has easy messaging switching - in the messages swapping between facebook and sms is very simple.

All that kinda begs the question - why isn't msn messanger that well and nicely integrated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    December 2008
    1,072 Posts
    MS already has messaging platform - MSN messenger. Of course it never hurts to have multiple messaging clients and skype is quite popular. So we could easily see some integration like that happening as well.

Plus Wp7 already has easy messaging switching - in the messages swapping between facebook and sms is very simple.

All that kinda begs the question - why isn't msn messanger that well and nicely integrated.
    As much as I like MSN it hasn't broken into the big leagues like Skype mainly due to the functionality differences. I think in the future we'll see Skype and MSN merge into the Skype name, and the integrations as seen in BBM.

Edited:

Could have sworn BBM was going cross platform.
    I read a rumor about that somewhere, didn't think it was ever confirmed. Do you have a Source?

Also, could it compete with Skype's already massive database?

21. Post #181
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    I honestly didn't know people still instant message that much on their phones. I use facebook chat once in a blue moon, but I didn't think instant messaging was a big deal anymore. Guess I was wrong. vv

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,795 Posts
    I honestly didn't know people still instant message that much on their phones. I use facebook chat once in a blue moon, but I didn't think instant messaging was a big deal anymore. Guess I was wrong. vv
    If you're connected to the internet anywat, why the hell wouldn't you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    December 2008
    1,072 Posts
    Data plans mean it could be cheaper than texting/phone calls

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,485 Posts
    Don't you all have free messaging anyway?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    September 2007
    580 Posts
    I got my phone today yay
    Sucky thing is it won't connect to our wifi

Edited:

Yay I got in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    25,841 Posts

Free unlimited.

I think Verizon has their meters wrong because every month they say I send/receive around 5,000 texts, and I send and receive maybe 20 daily, total. Which is maybe ~600 a month.

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,795 Posts
    Only like a hundred free. And it's fairly simple to go two three hundred without issues. And I pay some four bucks for what's essentially an unlimited data plan (limited on 3g then falls back to unlimited edge)

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,198 Posts
    Apparently the 900 isn't out in the UK untill May. I'm going to check out the 800 as the 900 is getting a few bad points being picked up in reviews about the screen.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,485 Posts
    Apparently the 900 isn't out in the UK untill May. I'm going to check out the 800 as the 900 is getting a few bad points being picked up in reviews about the screen.
    I think it's rather because we're in a "720p" age of the sudden, and therefore the screen is suddenly garbage. What about the Galaxy S II? Pretty much the same resolution (of course with a slightly different technology), and doesn't it still look pretty nice? Look up the review of the Titan. I think they didn't mention it as much there, and that's 4.7".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,198 Posts
    I think it's rather because we're in a "720p" age of the sudden, and therefore the screen is suddenly garbage. What about the Galaxy S II? Pretty much the same resolution (of course with a slightly different technology), and doesn't it still look pretty nice? Look up the review of the Titan. I think they didn't mention it as much there, and that's 4.7".
    Just played with the 800 and the screen looked like the galaxy S1's, all pixlated and that. The S2 screen does have the same resolution but the pixel layout is different so it still looks good at 4.3"

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,795 Posts
    Seems like it only got picked apart on the verge. Just about nowhere else as much.

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,485 Posts
    Seems like it only got picked apart on the verge. Just about nowhere else as much.
    Engadget too, but that must've been the weirdest review I've ever read.

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,198 Posts
    I really wanted to like the lumia 800 :-(

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    12,795 Posts
    I really wanted to like the lumia 800 :-(
    Sure it wasn't a bad unit? I don't have that issue really.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,198 Posts
    Sure it wasn't a bad unit? I don't have that issue really.
    I tried 3 in different shops. It's just the pentile screen which makes text and the notification bar look horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,477 Posts
    Yah the UI uses way too much color to make a pentile panel work. It's not so bad on the original Galaxy S because it's just icons and text, so there's a lot of black and white which the panel has no issue reproducing.

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,198 Posts
    I'm going to check out the HTC Titan on Tuesday, should keep me going until Q4 when Apollo phones come out.

38. Post #198
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,560 Posts
    hey guys I'm confused, I'm approaching this time where my old android is dying and I need to find another phone. My mind has been stuck on WP7 for quite sometime but I want an iPhone egh it's so hard to decide.

Can you give me some reasons like why an Android user like me should purchase a WP7 phone?

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,477 Posts
    hey guys I'm confused, I'm approaching this time where my old android is dying and I need to find another phone. My mind has been stuck on WP7 for quite sometime but I want an iPhone egh it's so hard to decide.

Can you give me some reasons like why an Android user like me should purchase a WP7 phone?
    -UI animations that run at more than 30fps
    -less input lag
    -guaranteed updates
    -higher quality apps
    -consistent UI
    -more stable OS

Now the issue is that all of these things apply to both iOS and WP. If you really care for having lots of apps(particularly games), I would go with iOS. But if you want an easy to use and efficient OS without wanting to play lots of 3D games then WP is a great platform. The devices are also very affordable, certainly more affordable than the iPhone currently is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,560 Posts
    -UI animations that run at more than 30fps
    -less input lag
    -guaranteed updates
    -higher quality apps
    -consistent UI
    -more stable OS

Now the issue is that all of these things apply to both iOS and WP. If you really care for having lots of apps(particularly games), I would go with iOS. But if you want an easy to use and efficient OS without wanting to play lots of 3D games then WP is a great platform. The devices are also very affordable, certainly more affordable than the iPhone currently is.
    I've never been into the gaming sector of phones, I use phones for texting, calling and social networking.. Oh and taking pictures of me and my friends.

I've only downloaded some little 2d games to keep me going but really I don't need it.

Thank you though!