1. Post #201
    January 2010
    9,893 Posts
    sorry but when you say battle rifle do mean assault rifle (AK-47, M16, M4A1,etc.)
    i believe the M4A1 has already been added to the extra pack it is pretty much the same gun.
    In terms of sniper rifles i agree with you, however i think that it would be more appropriated to have a long range sniper scope instead.
    No, a battle rifle is a military service rifle that fires a full power rifle cartridge. Examples of battle rifles are the M14, G3, and FN FAL.

An assault rifle is an automatic rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    November 2011
    116 Posts
    ok well i was only asking as i was confused as to what you meant by that, and the Extras pack and both the FN FAL as well as the M14.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    what we need more of is shotguns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,553 Posts
    Something I would like to see is some sniper rifles. We have only like, what, 3 sniper rifles and a few battle rifles?

Edited:

Maybe improving the CS:S sweps? They seem to lack the ability to use some attachment and I'd like to see the M4 added.
    snipers are *coming*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    snipers are *coming*
    Who said that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

6. Post #206
    December 2011
    567 Posts
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=106294

Found a unsilenced Heckler & Koch MP7A1. ^.^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,553 Posts
    Who said that?
    By the way, sentrygunman supplied me with a ballistic scope (12x magnification) model, but I'm being lazy and not doing anything. Fear not, I will get to it eventually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    November 2011
    4,769 Posts
    a ballistic scope isn't a sniper rifle though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,553 Posts
    a ballistic scope isn't a sniper rifle though
    I'm assuming it's to go with that sexy L96 sentrygunman also posted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts

that mp7 has hev hands, smart one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    December 2009
    63 Posts

*Facepalm*

Try to find one on GameBanana (http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins) instead and not on garrysmod.org, garrysmod.org has mostly those HEV hands or some broken-model SWEPs, while GameBanana has just skins, no other stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    December 2011
    567 Posts
    *Facepalm*

Try to find one on GameBanana (http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins) instead and not on garrysmod.org, garrysmod.org has mostly those HEV hands or some broken-model SWEPs, while GameBanana has just skins, no other stuff.
    Gamebannana was down for me yesterday...

Edited:

http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins/115212

Found one!
    It has both un-silenced and silenced :D.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    Gamebannana was down for me yesterday...

Edited:

http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins/115212

Found one!
    It has both un-silenced and silenced :D.
    Sleeves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,652 Posts
    how do you know the sleeves aren't just the guy's hand skin or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    how do you know the sleeves aren't just the guy's hand skin or something
    It's a mesh, not a texture. Pay attention the next time you post.

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,821 Posts
    It's a mesh, not a texture. Pay attention the next time you post.

Just $nodraw the texture, easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing x 2Agree x 2Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    Just $nodraw the texture, easy.
    What if there is no mesh past the sleeve?

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,821 Posts
    What if there is no mesh past the sleeve?
    Knowing the handrig Brightside uses, you'll likely be fine. Give it a try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Knowing the handrig Brightside uses, you'll likely be fine. Give it a try.
    Thanks for that, I'll give it a shot.

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,553 Posts
    oh hay, save yourself the trouble

MP7 without the sleeve, CS:S hands, no silencer. Appears to be the same model.
    http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins/64545?vl

Also, I desire these to fulfill our shotgun requirements:

Remington 870:
    http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins/112146

Mossberg 590:
    http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins/54780

Beretta AR70 (AR, but looks nice, especially the ironsights)
    http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins/28886
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

21. Post #221

December 2011
    5 Posts
    Hey Leftnoob:
    I'm having a weird problem with my ACOG scope attachments; the scope itself works just fine, but there's another lens-thingy that covers it up. It covers up the other scope attachment. It also appears where the scope would be on the weapon (i.e. any weapon that uses an ACOG scope) even if I haven't added any attachments to it yet, and it's When I use "mat_specular 0" in the console, it goes away, but it sacrifices specular effects. Is there any way I can fix this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

22. Post #222
    January 2010
    9,893 Posts
    Hey Leftnoob:
    I'm having a weird problem with my ACOG scope attachments; the scope itself works just fine, but there's another lens-thingy that covers it up. It covers up the other scope attachment. It also appears where the scope would be on the weapon (i.e. any weapon that uses an ACOG scope) even if I haven't added any attachments to it yet, and it's When I use "mat_specular 0" in the console, it goes away, but it sacrifices specular effects. Is there any way I can fix this?
    Try cleaning your materials folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #223

December 2011
    5 Posts
    Try cleaning your materials folder.
    Sorry if I sound like a noob, but what should be cleaned out of it? Are there any specific folders or files I should look for in materials?

24. Post #224
    January 2010
    9,893 Posts
    Sorry if I sound like a noob, but what should be cleaned out of it? Are there any specific folders or files I should look for in materials?
    Just delete the materials folder in your garrysmod folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #225

December 2011
    5 Posts
    Just delete the materials folder in your garrysmod folder.
    Ok thanks!

26. Post #226
    November 2011
    116 Posts
    Hey Leftnoob:
    personally i think this ads dept to the scope, but if you want to change it without cleaning out the materials folder enter this into the console.
    mat_spectular 0
    that will fix it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

27. Post #227
    January 2010
    9,893 Posts
    personally i think this ads dept to the scope, but if you want to change it without cleaning out the materials folder enter this into the console.
    mat_spectular 0
    that will fix it
    He said he didn't want to sacrifice the specular effects. Besides, it's not much harder to go into your garrysmod folder and delete the materials folder.

28. Post #228
    November 2011
    116 Posts
    He said he didn't want to sacrifice the specular effects. Besides, it's not much harder to go into your garrysmod folder and delete the materials folder.
    you sir have bested me, I tip my hat to you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #229
    December 2009
    63 Posts
    Hey, LEETNOOB, could you please make the M4A1's and HK416's recoil lower and the AK-47's recoil higher? Since the AK-47 has lower recoil then both, while in real life its recoil is far worse then any of those 2, and I believe that should be fixed. (Current AK-47 recoil is 0.4, and M4A1/HK416's recoil is 0.7, while in fact the AK's should be 0.8 and the M4A1/HK416's should be 0.4).

Just sayin'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,553 Posts
    Hey, LEETNOOB, could you please make the M4A1's and HK416's recoil lower and the AK-47's recoil higher? Since the AK-47 has lower recoil then both, while in real life its recoil is far worse then any of those 2, and I believe that should be fixed. (Current AK-47 recoil is 0.4, and M4A1/HK416's recoil is 0.7, while in fact the AK's should be 0.8 and the M4A1/HK416's should be 0.4).

Just sayin'.
    yeah the M4's recoil always struck me as a bit ridiculous, I could feel my cornea being mashed in by that rear sight post.

31. Post #231
    January 2010
    9,893 Posts
    I think the HK416 should be about a .5, the M4 about a .6 (due to the fact that it's a carbine), and the AK47 a .7.

32. Post #232
    December 2009
    63 Posts
    I think the HK416 should be about a .5, the M4 about a .6 (due to the fact that it's a carbine), and the AK47 a .7.
    HK416 and M4 are about the same length, so that shouldn't count. And I just noticed that even the AKS-74U and AK-74 have less recoil then the M4 and HK416, which to me seems ridiculous.

Another thing that disturbs me is the fact that the HK416, KAC PDW, and SCAR-L don't have ironsights but instead are ironsighted (when having no attachments) on the shoulder. Since you can remove the M4's carry handle bone, and the fact you could $no_draw the HK416's/SCAR's/KAC's ironsights, proves that you can just put them back on, and when an attachment is attached, they're removed like on the M4A1.

Again, this is just my opinion, but I'd like to see these things fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

33. Post #233
    July 2010
    217 Posts
    Since you can remove the M4's carry handle bone, and the fact you could $no_draw the HK416's/SCAR's/KAC's ironsights, proves that you can just put them back on, and when an attachment is attached, they're removed like on the M4A1.
    $no_draw is a parameter in VMT file and I think that you cant just use it in Lua script.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    December 2009
    63 Posts
    $no_draw is a parameter in VMT file and I think that you cant just use it in Lua script.
    I am well aware, I'm just saying that, if they have a separate .VTF/.VMT file, then it COULD be that they are separate bones as well, which are removable (like the carryhandle of Twinke's M4) not saying that $no_draw can be done through Lua, of which I am well aware it can't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,821 Posts
    oh hay, save yourself the trouble

MP7 without the sleeve, CS:S hands, no silencer. Appears to be the same model.
    http://www.gamebanana.com/css/skins/64545?vl
    No point in it, half the fun's in using Brightside's animations.

36. Post #236
    May 2011
    2,711 Posts
    Edited:
    Well, shit, I managed to skip over an entire page.

Why do so many people confuse the M4 for an Assault Rifle when it's a Carbine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events

37. Post #237
    January 2010
    9,893 Posts
    HK416 and M4 are about the same length, so that shouldn't count. And I just noticed that even the AKS-74U and AK-74 have less recoil then the M4 and HK416, which to me seems ridiculous.

Another thing that disturbs me is the fact that the HK416, KAC PDW, and SCAR-L don't have ironsights but instead are ironsighted (when having no attachments) on the shoulder. Since you can remove the M4's carry handle bone, and the fact you could $no_draw the HK416's/SCAR's/KAC's ironsights, proves that you can just put them back on, and when an attachment is attached, they're removed like on the M4A1.

Again, this is just my opinion, but I'd like to see these things fixed.
    The HK416 is a tad bit longer and a tad bit heavier than the M4. Not to mention balancing purposes since the M4 shoots a bit faster than the HK.

Edited:

Edited:
    Well, shit, I managed to skip over an entire page.

Why do so many people confuse the M4 for an Assault Rifle when it's a Carbine?
    Actually according to Wikipedia the M4 would classify as an assault rifle.

It must be an individual weapon with provision to fire from the shoulder (i.e. a buttstock);The M4 does have a stock.
    It must be capable of selective fire;The M4 is capable for full auto and semi auto fire.
    It must have an intermediate-power cartridge: more power than a pistol but less than a standard rifle or battle rifle;The M4 uses the 5.56x45mm NATO round, which constitutes as a intermediate-power cartridge.
    Its ammunition must be supplied from a detachable magazine rather than a feed-belt. The M4 uses a detachable 20 or 30 round magazine.
    And it should at least have a firing range of 300 meters The M4 has an effective range of 500 meters.

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,553 Posts
    The HK416 is a tad bit longer and a tad bit heavier than the M4. Not to mention balancing purposes since the M4 shoots a bit faster than the HK.

Edited:

Actually according to Wikipedia the M4 would classify as an assault rifle.
    carbines would be a subset within assault rifles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #239
    January 2010
    9,893 Posts
    Assault carbine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #240
    November 2011
    116 Posts
    On the note of automatic weapons,
    Does anyone think that LEETNOOB should add the AA-12 shotgun to Extra Customizable Weaponry.
    this is a FULLY AUTOMATIC shotgun

all info is here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c
    I think that adding weapon this is a good idea.
    Now my challenge, who here is awesome enough to find me model of this weapon for me?
    Extra challenge, find a modle for a Striker 12.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)