1. Post #441
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    954 Posts
    He needs the v_models as well
    Leetnoob, I can tell your probably busy at the moment, but do you plan on make fully customisable weapons from CS:GO once it is released, I would love to put the new AUG Steyr A2 through its paces with a laser dot and M203. just a suggestion, http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=129911 just if you want to take a look (That is asuming that you do not have CS:GO Beta already)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #442
    Leetnoob, I can tell your probably busy at the moment, but do you plan on make fully customisable weapons from CS:GO once it is released, I would love to put the new AUG Steyr A2 through its paces with a laser dot and M203. just a suggestion, http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=129911 just if you want to take a look (That is asuming that you do not have CS:GO Beta already)
    Do you guys ever realize that "prop" does not mean "viewmodel"?
    To answer your question - yes, I do plan on making customizable CS:GO weaponry, as soon as the models get converted to a .mdl format compatible with GMod's .mdl format, as I've already tried making SWEPs using CS:GO models, but the models did not work properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

3. Post #443
    August 2011
    12 Posts
    Do you guys ever realize that "prop" does not mean "viewmodel"?
    To answer your question - yes, I do plan on making customizable CS:GO weaponry, as soon as the models get converted to a .mdl format compatible with GMod's .mdl format, as I've already tried making SWEPs using CS:GO models, but the models did not work properly.
    Ok thankyou for clarification looking foward to it, I knew that you probably couldn't convert those models into sweps (without a fair bit of modeling work) but I just posted it as a quick view of the weapons incase you handn't seen what to expect of CS:Go, slim chance I know considering that anyone who has not seen the new CS:GO Models already has probably just come from a cave on pluto, but there still was that small chance, anyway thanks looking foward to it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #444
    September 2009
    767 Posts
    Question: If I wanted to make my M14EBR come attached with an acog sight, how would I do so?

I've tried all I can think of. Setting the ScopeStatus and whatnot, nothing worked. Any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #445
    Question: If I wanted to make my M14EBR come attached with an acog sight, how would I do so?

I've tried all I can think of. Setting the ScopeStatus and whatnot, nothing worked. Any help?
    You'd need to modify ScopeStatus inside the weapon's code and change the VElement acog's alpha to 255.

6. Post #446
    PLUNGER BUTT
    November 2010
    2,667 Posts
    Are we getting pre-customized weapons soon? Maybe a tool or a new option under the options (or utilities, cant remember) menu for presets?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

7. Post #447
    Are we getting pre-customized weapons soon? Maybe a tool or a new option under the options (or utilities, cant remember) menu for presets?
    Pre-customized weapons - no, but I was thinking about adding in an attachment selection menu similar to Crysis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #448
    May 2011
    135 Posts
    Pre-customized weapons - no, but I was thinking about adding in an attachment selection menu similar to Crysis.
    That'd be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #449

September 2011
    59 Posts
    There seems to be a bug with attachments randomly getting added, removed or changed.
    For example an acog magically turning into an aimpoint, a random laser pointer getting added etc.

The effect seems to be only visual, the viewmodel gets parts switched around, although the actual parts in the gun remain as they were. For example if you were to try to get a new acog to replace the fake aimpoint, it wouldn't let you, although if you'd take an aimpoint, it'd mount the aimpoint and spit out the acog, then can grab that back to fix it. I could try to vid the issue but no guarantees.

Sorry if someone mentioned this before, I didn't read through all the pages.

EDIT: Found another issue, certain weapons such as the AK47U, Beretta 92FS, ZM LR300, Spas-12 seem to do... this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

10. Post #450
    There seems to be a bug with attachments randomly getting added, removed or changed.
    For example an acog magically turning into an aimpoint, a random laser pointer getting added etc.

The effect seems to be only visual, the viewmodel gets parts switched around, although the actual parts in the gun remain as they were. For example if you were to try to get a new acog to replace the fake aimpoint, it wouldn't let you, although if you'd take an aimpoint, it'd mount the aimpoint and spit out the acog, then can grab that back to fix it. I could try to vid the issue but no guarantees.

Sorry if someone mentioned this before, I didn't read through all the pages.

EDIT: Found another issue, certain weapons such as the AK47U, Beretta 92FS, ZM LR300, Spas-12 seem to do... this

Hm, since more and more people seem to get this issue, I'll look into it.
    As for the weapon mirroring - I have no idea what causes it, but it appeared after I released the optimization update and it only happens with weapons in the Extra pack.

Edit: Fixed the weapon mirroring, will get on attachment models not displaying properly now.
    Edit 2: As soon as I fixed the weapon mirroring, the attachments dissapearing/etc. got fixed too. wat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

11. Post #451

September 2011
    59 Posts
    Thanks, although another question, when do you usually release the fixes?
    Got it installed on a server and those two issues are rather annoying to deal with lol

12. Post #452
    Thanks, although another question, when do you usually release the fixes?
    Got it installed on a server and those two issues are rather annoying to deal with lol
    Whenever there is a critical bug that needs fixing or if the changelog is big enough.

13. Post #453

September 2011
    59 Posts
    Will look out for the next update then.

14. Post #454
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    312 Posts
    Idea for an Attachment: Hybrid Sight (Im not a COD Fan) The scope where you can flip from a Medium Range Eotech to a Short range Eotech sight.
    http://gamebanana.com/css/skins/113754
    That is a skin I found that uses it well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #455
    Conna is finally become inter-national dick. Conna 애미뒤진 씹새끼^^
    December 2008
    1,735 Posts
    Idea for an Attachment: Hybrid Sight (Im not a COD Fan) The scope where you can flip from a Medium Range Eotech to a Short range Eotech sight.
    http://gamebanana.com/css/skins/113754
    That is a skin I found that uses it well.
    Animation? *clap*

Anyway I think that is pointless.
    why we have to use two of aim attachment at once?
    Acog or one eotech is enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Korea, Republic of Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #456
    January 2010
    9,749 Posts
    Hey, LEETNOOB, in your Project5 video I saw you use the steyr scout and the game mode seemed to use CSTM weapons. Are you going to add a scout to the pack or is it just for that game mode only?

17. Post #457
    Hey, LEETNOOB, in your Project5 video I saw you use the steyr scout and the game mode seemed to use CSTM weapons. Are you going to add a scout to the pack or is it just for that game mode only?
    I guess I'll add the Scout, but it won't be anything spectacular (just a silencer)

Edited:

Animation? *clap*

Anyway I think that is pointless.
    why we have to use two of aim attachment at once?
    Acog or one eotech is enough.
    Because it's TACTICOOL, MAN!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #458
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    312 Posts
    I guess I'll add the Scout, but it won't be anything spectacular (just a silencer)

Edited:

Not really Tactical.. More like a.. Convenience
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #459
    December 2008
    1,735 Posts
    BROFIST
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #460
    May 2010
    1,303 Posts
    Oh yeah uh, I've finally learned out how to recompile models, so if you want me to hack some sights off weapons (scopes and whatnot) off I can do that! they'll probably have munted hitboxes cause I'm a total nubbin but for viewmodels it would be okay?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

21. Post #461
    Oh yeah uh, I've finally learned out how to recompile models, so if you want me to hack some sights off weapons (scopes and whatnot) off I can do that! they'll probably have munted hitboxes cause I'm a total nubbin but for viewmodels it would be okay?
    Sure. But make sure that the attachment itself doesn't use the texture that the weapon model uses.
    Because some models have their weapon attachment textures in the weapon texture, so yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #462
    December 2008
    1,735 Posts
    Maybe try rip off some useful models or guns from Unreal Engine FPS games. That is really easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Korea, Republic of Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #463
    May 2010
    1,303 Posts
    Sure. But make sure that the attachment itself doesn't use the texture that the weapon model uses.
    Because some models have their weapon attachment textures in the weapon texture, so yeah.
    yeah I can look into it :3
    anything in particular you want or should I just go practice and rip some random stuff?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #464
    December 2011
    566 Posts
    How about a Kimber?

http://gamebanana.com/css/skins/1139

Edited:

O a P99,it has a silenced model and a unsilenced model,both view and world... :)

Edited:

http://gamebanana.com/css/skins/32746

Edited:

aww,no HK33 models =P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #465
    December 2008
    1,735 Posts
    How about a Kimber?

http://gamebanana.com/css/skins/1139

Edited:

O a P99,it has a silenced model and a unsilenced model,both view and world... :)

Edited:

http://gamebanana.com/css/skins/32746

Edited:

aww,no HK33 models =P
    Making weapon is not really hard. try it yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #466
    May 2010
    1,303 Posts
    shitty pick but

I need to recompile with a physics model but it's working otherwise. lens is a seperate material as well.

extra pics of it in use if anyone's interested:
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/56...81F7793D58218/
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/56...8C881ECF52F66/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

27. Post #467
    shitty pick but

I need to recompile with a physics model but it's working otherwise. lens is a seperate material as well.

extra pics of it in use if anyone's interested:
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/56...81F7793D58218/
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/56...8C881ECF52F66/
    Okay, that is swaggin.
    Like, really fuckin swaggin.
    That model looks great.
    Do want.

28. Post #468
    May 2010
    1,303 Posts
    Okay, that is swaggin.
    Like, really fuckin swaggin.
    That model looks great.
    Do want.
    can do man, how do you want me to get it to you? could I add you on steam?
    also yeah uh, do you want any other model?

29. Post #469
    can do man, how do you want me to get it to you? could I add you on steam?
    also yeah uh, do you want any other model?
    Sure, add me on Steam.
    As for additional models - dunno right now.

30. Post #470

January 2012
    237 Posts
    Leetnoob, can i ask you how you fixed the dual elites not to be messed up in player's hands? I've tried to fix it, but no dice.... I need it for a swep i'm making for TTT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Europe Show Events

31. Post #471
    Leetnoob, can i ask you how you fixed the dual elites not to be messed up in player's hands? I've tried to fix it, but no dice.... I need it for a swep i'm making for TTT
    Yup, fixed it just now. I just saw a stupid thing I did in there and fixed it.

32. Post #472

January 2012
    237 Posts
    That was fast.... How did you do it? I'm a really big noob at lua :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Europe Show Events

33. Post #473

January 2011
    11 Posts
    If I can suggest somenthing to you LEETNOOB, make your weapons able to change skin like from usual black famas make a winter camo famas (like skinswitcher does change skins on ragdolls but with possibility to load user created skins without having to compile the model again if possible). Just thought it would be nice to camouflage player in some maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

34. Post #474
    May 2010
    1,303 Posts
    If I can suggest somenthing to you LEETNOOB, make your weapons able to change skin like from usual black famas make a winter camo famas (like skinswitcher does change skins on ragdolls but with possibility to load user created skins without having to compile the model again if possible). Just thought it would be nice to camouflage player in some maps.
    you don't have to recompile the model to change skins, just edit the vtf :?

35. Post #475

January 2011
    11 Posts
    you don't have to recompile the model to change skins, just edit the vtf :?
    I know that changing skin doesn't need recompiling a model, just make a skin with VTFEdit but how to add more skins to weapon.
    I just thought about using a tool to choose the skin from variety of available skins for weapon and a possibility to add new skins that users can make and download. Like making a folder for downloaded skins an then load them into game and use them on weapons. Just like changing material of props or ragdolls.
    Not sure if decompiling, editing and then recompiling model si needed for adding a skin to a model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #476
    I know that changing skin doesn't need recompiling a model, just make a skin with VTFEdit but how to add more skins to weapon.
    I just thought about using a tool to choose the skin from variety of available skins for weapon and a possibility to add new skins that users can make and download. Like making a folder for downloaded skins an then load them into game and use them on weapons. Just like changing material of props or ragdolls.
    Not sure if decompiling, editing and then recompiling model si needed for adding a skin to a model.
    It is possible, and you, indeed, don't have to recompile the models or edit the .vtfs. You can do it with Lua. But I'm not adding camos in as it is a useless feature. Sorry.

37. Post #477
    December 2008
    1,735 Posts
    Camo will make shit loads of download.
    And they are too big. Hell, I wont download over 400mb of texture for few weapon's camo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Korea, Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #478
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,802 Posts
    What's wrong with prettiness for prettiness's sake

39. Post #479
    What's wrong with prettiness for prettiness's sake
    :)

Edited:

Camo will make shit loads of download.
    And they are too big. Hell, I wont download over 400mb of texture for few weapon's camo.
    Pretty much this.
    In case somebody    (read: MarlWolf78)    says "WELL DUR MAKE IT AN OPTIONAL CLIENT-SIDE ADDON" - no, I don't have the time nor do I want to create 500 textures for fucking weapon camos, and in my opinion it's a completely useless feature. (unless you're a 12 year old CoD player and just love golden tiger-striped "camos"!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #480
    December 2008
    1,735 Posts
    FPS gamers of the present

Hngggg golden gun makes me shiny hnggg
    Take my golden bullet hngggggg
    Take my nuke and shut up hngg

XxL33TxX : fuk u camper

Actually online skin changer is useless.
    i've tried it but it was just shiny poop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Korea, Republic of Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)