1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    your gonna need to be able to footbreak or shut down slide for sherill. The end is a bridge that you can't slide on than you have 30ft to shutdown before you have to like limbo under a gate.

Edited:

haha stickers on our decks

I can footbreak just fine.

Looks pretty fun, definitely the best hill I'll have been to yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #242
    I'd be lost in this world without my Hatsune Miku ^__^
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    Just ordered myself some new randal 180s and Abec11 Freerides for the DK penguin I should be buying on friday, pretty stoked.
    That is going to be one hell of a setup. DK Penguin looks sofa king rad.

Edited:

I can footbreak just fine.

Looks pretty fun, definitely the best hill I'll have been to yet.
    Pavement is plush and smooth. Its a really fun road to do some dh on. Plus you can slide the hell out of in the middle if you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    That is going to be one hell of a setup. DK Penguin looks sofa king rad.

Edited:

Pavement is plush and smooth. Its a really fun road to do some dh on. Plus you can slide the hell out of in the middle if you want.

Edited:

Just ordered myself some new randal 180s and Abec11 Freerides for the DK penguin I should be buying on friday, pretty stoked.
    I ordered some Randal 180's and some Freerides last night for my dad's board.

4. Post #244
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    by that i mean its steep enough for a slide jam. not that your going to slide out during your run. Its pretty mellow in the beginning around the first right than the left drops a bit, than it gets much steeper and that is where everyone does the slide jams.

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    by that i mean its steep enough for a slide jam. not that your going to slide out during your run. Its pretty mellow in the beginning around the first right than the left drops a bit, than it gets much steeper and that is where everyone does the slide jams.
    I'm going to have to practice footbraking downhill as well then.

6. Post #246
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    I'm going to have to practice footbraking downhill as well then.
    Yeah you need to be able to stop after that bridge in the photo or your gonna have to really cut it close trying to make it under the gate and through a turn. You can always carve your speed off going down if you want. The hill is like 35mph if you have a really good tuck, most people do 25-30 on it.

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    Yeah you need to be able to stop after that bridge in the photo or your gonna have to really cut it close trying to make it under the gate and through a turn. You can always carve your speed off going down if you want. The hill is like 35mph if you have a really good tuck, most people do 25-30 on it.
    Oh I'm going full tuck. I'm trying to grip my board to make tucks a little more comfortable.

8. Post #248
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    Oh I'm going full tuck. I'm trying to grip my board to make tucks a little more comfortable.
    This shall be a fun "race" than. I'll bring my fullface, GOTTA GET AERO AS POSSIBLE.

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    This shall be a fun "race" than. I'll bring my fullface, GOTTA GET AERO AS POSSIBLE.
    My fullface is a BMX or dirtbike helmet, no visor. Can't shell out ~$300 for a helmet just yet.

10. Post #250
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    My fullface is a BMX or dirtbike helmet, no visor. Can't shell out ~$300 for a helmet just yet.
    As much as I hate having a job, it has been nice since I can afford nice equipment. What bmx helmet do you use?

SO AERO

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    As much as I hate having a job, it has been nice since I can afford nice equipment. What bmx helmet do you use?

SO AERO
    I need me one of them.

I have no idea what it is, it has no markings other than "L" and "FMVSS 218 DOT".

I think it's a cheap Bell knockoff, I got it when I was 11 or 12.

I have a motorcycle helmet as well, but I doubt my parents would let me use it for longboarding. No idea why, I've never used it.

12. Post #252
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    I need me one of them.

I have no idea what it is, it has no markings other than "L" and "FMVSS 218 DOT".

I think it's a cheap Bell knockoff, I got it when I was 11 or 12.

I have a motorcycle helmet as well, but I doubt my parents would let me use it for longboarding. No idea why, I've never used it.
    You can take a 2 liter bottle of soda and make a halfway decent visor out of that. No joke, lots of people do it, just duct tape that shit to your helmet. If you need it to bend a bit than dip it in some hot water for a bit.

Edited:

if i was you i'd look at the new triple8 fullface. it looks so sexy.

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    You can take a 2 liter bottle of soda and make a halfway decent visor out of that. No joke, lots of people do it, just duct tape that shit to your helmet. If you need it to bend a bit than dip it in some hot water for a bit.

Edited:

if i was you i'd look at the new triple8 fullface. it looks so sexy.
    I've looked at it, but I don't have the cash for it yet.

14. Post #254
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    I've looked at it, but I don't have the cash for it yet.
    save dat dinero. They're worth it, it feels like I'm wearing a halfshell because they're so light.

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    save dat dinero. They're worth it, it feels like I'm wearing a halfshell because they're so light.
    By the time I have $300, I'll be looking at a Lambchop and some Freerides or Volante's or something else and put it off.

16. Post #256
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    By the time I have $300, I'll be looking at a Lambchop and some Freerides or Volante's or something else and put it off.
    I feel you. I've been meaning to save up for leathers but I just look at my wonky freeride wheel collection and splurge on more wheels.

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    Tomorrow a friend is coming over and we're going to chop his old and broken 925 into a Brick Bear.

Yes! the trucks, wheels, bearings, and hardware for the NoodleSpoon will arrive friday, right as the deck is shipped.

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,619 Posts
    you know that feeling when you put fresh tunes on your ipod and go for a cruise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    I can't listen to music while boarding. I need to listen for cars.

Besides, nothing beats the sound of the wind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,059 Posts
    I'm looking to get into to sliding. I have Randall 180's right now and I've been told I should get some paris 180's. Should I stick with randall?

Also are these wheels any good?

http://www.daddiesboardshop.com/Vola...-68mm-82a.aspx

Edited:

I'm not sure if I should get those or Abec Freerides

Edited:

By the way I own a greesehammer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

21. Post #261
    January 2010
    3,546 Posts
    added the 180 standup heelslide to my slide repertoire today

22. Post #262
    January 2012
    170 Posts
    You know that feeling when you bought a sector 9 board so you could "cruise" around town, and you cant freeride, dance, or downhill for your life-and like tesy said listening to your ipod is really dangerous

Edited:

I'm looking to get into to sliding. I have Randall 180's right now and I've been told I should get some paris 180's. Should I stick with randall?

Edited:

Edited:

Most people hate on otang stims, but if i were you and looking to freeride apec 11 freerides is where its at, best wheel on the market for freeride
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    Tomorrow a friend is coming over and we're going to chop his old and broken 925 into a Brick Bear.

Yes! the trucks, wheels, bearings, and hardware for the NoodleSpoon will arrive friday, right as the deck is shipped.
    i always wanted to try that but with my switchblade, its probably not possible and I'll never deface my baby.

Edited:

added the 180 standup heelslide to my slide repertoire today
    nice man! I'm trying to get switch heelside slides tuned in, I can 180 them but I can't hold them and bring it back.

Edited:

I can't listen to music while boarding. I need to listen for cars.

Besides, nothing beats the sound of the wind.
    riding against traffic in neighborhoods is the best way to ride with music. I always walk up against traffic and mostly in the middle since no one can pass me.

Edited:

Edited:

Edited:

randalls are a classic, if anything just get some new bushings (VENOM). A cone and barrel would be great all around. I've heard volantes are the shit, but right now best bang for your buck is the flashbacks at Longboardskater.com with the code silverfish you pay just $34 for a amazing freeride wheel.

Edited:

You know that feeling when you bought a sector 9 board so you could "cruise" around town, and you cant freeride, dance, or downhill for your life-and like tesy said listening to your ipod is really dangerous

Edited:

Most people hate on otang stims, but if i were you and looking to freeride apec 11 freerides is where its at, best wheel on the market for freeride
    freerides are amazing but have a tendency to flat spot at times, most people go with flashbacks since they're cheap and don't flatspot as easy.

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,059 Posts
    I own a pair of flashbacks but they're 75a so I heard that they were terrible for sliding.

25. Post #265
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    I own a pair of flashbacks but they're 75a so I heard that they were terrible for sliding.
    75a will slide, shit I learned on sector9 nineballs in a totally not freeride shape. I heard 75a has a nice plush slide but wears out fast. 81a is money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    January 2010
    3,546 Posts
    i'm rocking 81a 70mm Earthwing Floaters

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,059 Posts
    75a will slide, shit I learned on sector9 nineballs in a totally not freeride shape. I heard 75a has a nice plush slide but wears out fast. 81a is money.
    Thanks, you've been a great help.

28. Post #268
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    Thanks, you've been a great help.
    No problem man, just looking to save everyone a little dough. You really can't beat the price to quality ratio on flashbacks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    So I am for sure going to the DC picnic tomorrow. See you there tesla!

Edited:

acetoned the shit out of bearings, relubed them, ran it on the treadmill for ten minutes. Bearings are good as new but damn am I light headed from the fumes from the acetone.

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    Got a better fullface and am for sure going tomorrow.

Got the ABEC11 Freerides and everything today, rode around after it rained with the Freerides and wow, they are like sliding on butter.

Should we FP'ers meet somewhere?

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,755 Posts
    every time you post in this thread you seem to act in a deliberately antagonistic and self-righteous fashion, it really bugs me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Alright, so, I'm going to get a new deck to take with me to college. Something big enough to be my hero deck, but small enough to ride to and from class.

I have chosen a Wolfshark. However, should I wait for the 2012 variant or are the differences minute enough to warrant just buying the 2011 one?

33. Post #273
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    Alright, so, I'm going to get a new deck to take with me to college. Something big enough to be my hero deck, but small enough to ride to and from class.

I have chosen a Wolfshark. However, should I wait for the 2012 variant or are the differences minute enough to warrant just buying the 2011 one?
    Earthwing Crewzer. Pop up on curbs, grind shit, and bomb!!!!

Hmmm I think I'd wait for the 2012 model personally, it looks pretty badass.

Edited:

Got a better fullface and am for sure going tomorrow.

Got the ABEC11 Freerides and everything today, rode around after it rained with the Freerides and wow, they are like sliding on butter.

Should we FP'ers meet somewhere?
    Nahhh, you got a evo. I have a board with carbon fiber that looks like a greaseshark. I'll have on green nike shoes and my helmet is black but has stickers all over it and a venom sticker across the front. Name is evan so you don't have to come up to me and be like "hey takkun" haha. It won't be too hard to find eachother.

Edited:

is anyone else from this thread going to this shindig?

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Earthwing Crewzer. Pop up on curbs, grind shit, and bomb!!!!

Hmmm I think I'd wait for the 2012 model personally, it looks pretty badass.
    Damn, I can't believe I didn't consider it. If you say so, master. I don't plan on buying it for awhile anyway, so, we've got plenty of time to run down some builds and create a god like entity.

35. Post #275
    January 2010
    3,546 Posts
    ^also apparently the 2012 wolfshark has a different shape than the 2011. i'd look up on that.

Edited:

so pissed that it rained today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    Damn, I can't believe I didn't consider it. If you say so, master. I don't plan on buying it for awhile anyway, so, we've got plenty of time to run down some builds and create a god like entity.
    Its all about what your looking for. Personally before I head to college in the coming fall I'm going to pickup a crewzer since its basically a all around deck that can handle speed, curbs, urban settings, everything.

Edited:

^also apparently the 2012 wolfshark has a different shape than the 2011. i'd look up on that.

Edited:

so pissed that it rained today
    its suppose to have some sort of drop, but than again I've seen a few prototypes so I have no idea the final model.

Edited:

Edited:

is it worth the wait?

Edited:

wow I really want that board now, it looks fucking awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    Takkun, I'm probably bringing someone with me, I'll have the Evo of course, but I'll have a blue HJC full-face and my friend with a chopped to death 925 (poor thing) with Seismic trucks on the front, wearing my blue BMX full-face.

If you see us, yell Hunter.

38. Post #278
    January 2010
    3,546 Posts
    you know what i rrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaaallllllllyyyy want?

fucking earthwing superglider

i hope they continue this model into next year because once i get a job ima start saving up for this jone.

Edited:

also it's windy as fuck today and i'm pissed

Edited:

also damn earthwing is selling roadkiller decks with cosmetic blemishes for 55-75 dollars

39. Post #279
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    well dc picnic was a lot of fun

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,566 Posts
    well dc picnic was a lot of fun
    Wish I could have kept up with you, those wobbles took all the confidence I had in my setup.

Want to meet at Sherrill again for a rematch someday?