1. Post #721
    February 2009
    22,454 Posts
    the HAR is still amazingly powerful. Just get used to the recoil and it's a monster with the right scope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #722
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,314 Posts
    You can get the tactical SMG reciever from a chance pack, it's hard to get and it's $1 a try.

I just bought the TSMG premade for 200g, I'm going to try to earn 750 zen through surveys and shit.

The game isn't worth spending real money on imo.
    you should probably wait, they may just make har and tsmg perm gp purchasable at the end of the month or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #723
    FOSSILIZED SHIT MAGGOT INFERNO
    August 2010
    2,667 Posts
    I dunno if it's changed since the beta, but hardsuits can be taken down with relative ease by circling around them and beating the shit out of them with the butt of your gun.

Actually, just about anything can be taken down with relative ease by circling around it and beating the shit out of it with the butt of your gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #724
    July 2007
    2,367 Posts
    I think that currently, one of the largest problems in this game is the comparably generic nature of the shooting mechanics themselves.

You have a lot of options in customizing your preferences, but the shooting process itself is comparably bland and predictable.

I already feel kind of bored, and I have been playing this game for only one day, it needs to have more interesting actual shooting mechanics.

To give a very basic example to already increase the entertainment, the game could have a lot more... independent body parts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #725
    November 2008
    2,431 Posts
    The only problem i have with the game is the damn global chat, spam central 24/7 and it lags the fuck out of my game.

6. Post #726
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,330 Posts
    Well now I have it working but the servers are down. Down for anyone else?

7. Post #727
    May 2011
    2,404 Posts
    EON-F1 is the best open sight IMO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #728
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,581 Posts
    I'm really unimpressed. I get in, love the UI and design. Then I see how the unlocks and such work - highly discouraging. The loan feature looks nice, but feels like an excuse to charge exorbitant amounts for permanent unlocks. Oh well, says I. I play a few rounds.

Let me counteract myself first by saying the design, VR and gun visuals are all amazing. Yeah, some maps have poor design (sun right in eyes) or I could nit pick at how it's really hard, at first, to visually recognize players - but damn, do the guns sound great.

Now for the meat - I lost all but one match. Why? I was getting tossed around like a slut at a jock party between teams. Oh, and it decided that the level 30s and beta-testers on my team should be moved over to the other one (hint, we're losing.) That, and the balance is hilariously wack. I was able to get in the top three, if not top player, every match by using mostly the knife. And by mostly, I mean 95% of the kills. Despite this, a low death rate, and doing my job - I'd either get autobalanced, have my team abruptly go dumb or start spawning right in the line of sight of gunfire and fucking mechs.

Then I go and ask general chat (shoulda expected this from a F2P) if it gets any better, because running around stock, doing well, and still losing is really boring. I get blasted with "IT'S NOT PAY TO WIN" and a bunch of irrelevant shit. I had a friend rave about this, but he's at level ten. And the idea of losing all my gear in three days is really.. obnoxious? I guess. I only had an hour or two romp, so I don't want to pass judgement and uninstall quite yet.

So let me ask Facepunch, because you lot are usually more 'educated' than most online communes:

Does this thing get better?
       And how can one make LOADS EMONE?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #729
    July 2007
    2,367 Posts
    EON-F1 is the best open sight IMO
    I like it as well, but so far my top scope is Lightsky L3 Aim Point, mainly because it is very precise, non sight obscuring, ideal for spontaneous usage, and does not have "scope fatigue" in which you waste a number of instances of adjusting to seeing through the scope.

EON's center point is a tiny bit too imprecise for my taste. I am really interested in trying out OPRL Reflex-2 Holo whenever I get to it.

10. Post #730
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,314 Posts
    it gets better
    play the game more than 3 hours and you will get a perma weapon (provided you played full games and were first place in all of them, an easy thing to do in a f2p shooter really)

Edited:

also, oprl (blue hologram scope) 4 lyfe swag scopin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #731
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    Blacklight: Retribution - The Mobile Game

:byodood:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

12. Post #732
    November 2010
    5,687 Posts
    by not ragequitting after every match

you do NOT need the permanent parts or guns, regardless of what you might think
    you do NOT need LODS of EMONE, the parts and receivers are cheap enough, one day leases are nowhere near as bad as people make them out to be. The stock rifle isn't really all that bad, you just haven't got the hang of the game yet. Try messing about with sensitivity settings, and try to turn on the level locked server filter. I got my first MVP on my third match, still using a barely modified assault rifle, only with a different scope. I got to level 13, and the only permanent thing I ever bought was a revolver.

But really, if you're having loads of bad matches in a row, either suck it up, or find a server with a level lock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

13. Post #733
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,188 Posts
    Also, which map is the smallest/lightest map?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

14. Post #734
    July 2007
    2,367 Posts
    I'm really unimpressed. I get in, love the UI and design. Then I see how the unlocks and such work - highly discouraging. The loan feature looks nice, but feels like an excuse to charge exorbitant amounts for permanent unlocks. Oh well, says I. I play a few rounds.

Let me counteract myself first by saying the design, VR and gun visuals are all amazing. Yeah, some maps have poor design (sun right in eyes) or I could nit pick at how it's really hard, at first, to visually recognize players - but damn, do the guns sound great.

Now for the meat - I lost all but one match. Why? I was getting tossed around like a slut at a jock party between teams. Oh, and it decided that the level 30s and beta-testers on my team should be moved over to the other one (hint, we're losing.) That, and the balance is hilariously wack. I was able to get in the top three, if not top player, every match by using mostly the knife. And by mostly, I mean 95% of the kills. Despite this, a low death rate, and doing my job - I'd either get autobalanced, have my team abruptly go dumb or start spawning right in the line of sight of gunfire and fucking mechs.

Then I go and ask general chat (shoulda expected this from a F2P) if it gets any better, because running around stock, doing well, and still losing is really boring. I get blasted with "IT'S NOT PAY TO WIN" and a bunch of irrelevant shit. I had a friend rave about this, but he's at level ten. And the idea of losing all my gear in three days is really.. obnoxious? I guess. I only had an hour or two romp, so I don't want to pass judgement and uninstall quite yet.

So let me ask Facepunch, because you lot are usually more 'educated' than most online communes:

Does this thing get better?
       And how can one make LOADS EMONE?   
    First of all, the stock guns are perfectly suitable and balanced compared to even the most custom builds out there, with some practice, you are fully capable of kicking any level 30's ass with them.

Second of all, the game is currently in beta, meaning that (quite hopefully) a rather extensive crapload of things will be fully subject to change for the better, especially considering that the game really does have quite a few things to work on at the moment.

It has a fantastic base platform and general structure filled with potential, but it still needs extensive polishing in execution, innovation, and originality.

Third of all, the game recently received an enormous unexpected (or rather unprepared for) horde of players, making the servers completely stuffed.

And according to surgeon's law, atleast 90% of those players are going to be main chat spamming newbies, especially with such an easy to get into free game (ignoring the pain in the ass obscure registration process ofcourse)

The community for the game in general is extremely young, and has yet to even remotely mature into something more defined, at this stage it is almost like blaming a bunch of young children (literally and figuratively) for being children, and participating in a very easy to get into game.

The whole main chat conundrum is probably going to be tweaked considerably as the beta goes on, right now it is undoubtedly nothing but a chaotic indecipherable (or unfortunately occasionally decipherable) spam fest.

15. Post #735
    November 2010
    5,687 Posts
    You can't really expect the community of a free to play game not to be full of retards

16. Post #736
    July 2007
    2,367 Posts
    it gets better
    play the game more than 3 hours and you will get a perma weapon (provided you played full games and were first place in all of them, an easy thing to do in a f2p shooter really)

Edited:

also, oprl (blue hologram scope) 4 lyfe swag scopin
    hell yea, 420 $m0k3 w33d 3v0ryd@y 360 n0$(0p3

only joking, I want to try it out myself.

Edited:

You can't really expect the community of a free to play game not to be full of retards
    Which is why one of the main priorities of the game right now is to have a more tangible separation between... player interest, or making it easier for players of more common interests to play with each other.

Some people just want to run around the map randomly DMing people while rarely caring about the actual gamemode that they are in (I did a fair bit of that myself) While others want to have a more organized cooperated experience.

I am not talking about a competitive scene as much as I am talking about simple changes which would promote that, such as having multiple main chat categories, and or having an automatic spam lock from sending the messages too quickly, and or having a more intelligent spam lock revolving itself around a minimum character limit, same spammed sentence detection, and the detection of sentences composed of exactly the same word or terms (even if someone makes an effort to scramble the terms each time)

17. Post #737
    May 2011
    2,404 Posts
    So, my friend gave Blacklight: Retribution a go. Decided to get a hardsuit for the first time...

Good luck getting to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #738
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,581 Posts
    Ah, thanks guys. Gonna give it a second swing tomorrow. I kinda completely forgot that slapping a semi-decent scope on the rifle made it loads better.

19. Post #739
    July 2007
    2,367 Posts
    Ah, thanks guys. Gonna give it a second swing tomorrow. I kinda completely forgot that slapping a semi-decent scope on the rifle made it loads better.
    Please do, even with all of the issues it needs to fix, it is still currently a very fun game.

20. Post #740
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    14,896 Posts
    so is anybody else running the steam version and crashing when trying to change video settings? seems like there's a thread about it on the blr forums but no fix.

21. Post #741
    August 2007
    954 Posts
    I don't get the hate for the rental system. I cringed when I saw it too, but it's actually fairly priced. I have two customized loadouts that I renew every day, and just playing a handful of matches I'm making more than I'm spending.

Also, the Bolt-Actions are awesome. Went 17-4 with one with an acog scope and a revolver (also amazing). Most people just typecast them as Sniper rifles, but I use them at combat rifle ranges.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #742
    July 2007
    2,367 Posts
    I don't get the hate for the rental system. I cringed when I saw it too, but it's actually fairly priced. I have two customized loadouts that I renew every day, and just playing a handful of matches I'm making more than I'm spending.

Also, the Bolt-Actions are awesome. Went 17-4 with one with an acog scope and a revolver (also amazing). Most people just typecast them as Sniper rifles, but I use them at combat rifle ranges.
    I tried out a joke-ish close range bolt action rifle earlier in the thread, and it actually turned out to be quite usable. I do not necessarily play at my best with bolt action, but it is on the top for me enjoyment wise, extremely satisfying to use it.

23. Post #743
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,525 Posts
    For the record, what scope do you folks think is the best for the default rife?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #744
    February 2010
    5,553 Posts
    I hate it when I play Kill Confirmed and I collect more tags than everyone else's combined. People really need to play the objective.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #745
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,518 Posts
    I hate when I play any gamemode and people just run around killing and never cap objectives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #746
    July 2007
    2,367 Posts
    For the record, what scope do you folks think is the best for the default rife?
    Take a look a bit higher up this page, I posted about the red dot sight which I enjoy for anything automatic-ish related except for the light machine gun. When it comes to close range bolt action, I am actually using a scope with slightly higher magnification. EON-F1 Sight to be exact. Otherwise try using Lightsky L3 Aim Point as I mentioned a bit earlier, your scope preferences may be completely opposite to mine.

Edited:

I hate when I play any gamemode and people just run around killing and never cap objectives.
    I am quite guilty of that, it is a very seductively occupying activity. Although I am already becoming more organized, since I am getting bored of just sneaking up on people.

27. Post #747
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,525 Posts
    At the moment, i'm using a scope that was in my inventory which has 2 days left on it, if my framerate is low, looking down the scope actually makes the frames better. So it's actually a life saver.

28. Post #748
    July 2007
    2,367 Posts
    At the moment, i'm using a scope that was in my inventory which has 2 days left on it, if my framerate is low, looking down the scope actually makes the frames better. So it's actually a life saver.
    I know! this game should have a scope within another scope, so that you can mainly use the first scope for walking around and then use the second scope when you actually want to use the scope. On a serious note though, it really needs optimization.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #749
    So, my friend gave Blacklight: Retribution ago. Decided to get a hardsuit for the first time...

Good luck getting to it.

30. Post #750
    May 2011
    859 Posts
    Is there a shotgun?

agree if yes disagree if no you know the drill

I heard it gets unlocked at level 20
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

31. Post #751
    May 2011
    2,404 Posts
    This game needs twice as many Australian servers. Its painful to find a game with the gamemode you want to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #752
    I'm not sure if I'm going to like this game or not, It's pretty fun and I enjoy the weapon customization, but i don't like that it costs so much to unlock things (Rather, I just don't like 90% of f2p games)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

33. Post #753
    July 2007
    2,367 Posts
    This game needs twice as many Australian servers. Its painful to find a game with the gamemode you want to play.
    This game needs twice as many of every type of server right now, to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #754
    May 2011
    2,404 Posts
    This game needs twice as many of every type of server right now, to be honest.
    Yeah, its far to difficult to find a game that isn't koth, netwar, or kc

35. Post #755
    November 2010
    5,687 Posts
    There isn't really anything that says that you should be collecting tags

guess I should refresh huh

36. Post #756
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,525 Posts
    I get about the same ping as I do on the NA server as I do on the EU server. And I'm in the UK. I'm guessing this may be due to the influx of new players.

37. Post #757
    July 2007
    2,367 Posts
    There isn't really anything that says that you should be collecting tags

guess I should refresh huh
    The game should undoubtedly be more clear on objectives, especially considering the hilarious crapload of the type variety.

38. Post #758
    May 2011
    2,404 Posts
    I can't even join a game. After spending 10 minutes finding an Australian server with 1 spot, it just kicks me back to the main menu when I attempt to join.

39. Post #759
    January 2008
    15,524 Posts
    i wont get the portalgun tag cause i already had an account prior even though ive never played this game before, oh well i guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

40. Post #760
    March 2009
    2,441 Posts
    I want to try this game but I live in Taiwan. Am I shit out of luck?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Taiwan Show Events