Natural Selection 2 is an immersive, online
    FPS that pits aliens against humans in a
    strategic and action-packed struggle for
    survival. It is a standalone commercial
    sequel to the popular Half-Life mod and is
    scheduled for release NOW.[/release]
    [release][h2]Key Features[/h2]
    TWO UNIQUE SIDES

Whether you play as one of the elite marine Frontiersmen or the vicious alien Kharaa, you must use unique strategies and your abilities to win. Marines form persistent squads to find and destroy alien hives. Aliens can choose a wall-running Skulk, pudgy Gorge, flying Lerk, murderous Fade or gigantic Onos that can smash through doors.

REAL-TIME STRATEGY

Commanders play from overhead to lead their team to victory. Build structures anywhere, collect resources and research upgrades. Marines buy weapons at an Armory or build sentry turrets and siege cannons to assault the enemy. Aliens build upgrade chambers, evolve special abilities and plant traps.

DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS

Spreading alien infestation deforms hallways and causes space station power failure, turning off lights and shutting down marine powered structures. Use a flamethrower to clear infestation or weld a bulkhead shut for a last defense. Every game is different.

UNLIMITED VARIATIONS

WYSIWYG graphical tools and powerful scripting allow you to create new weapons, scenarios or entirely new games. You'll get all our tools and Lua source code we're using to build NS2. Ongoing automatic updates keep the game fresh by adding new maps, weapons and abilities.[/release]
    [release][h2]Gorilla Patch and Media[/h2]
    Natural Selection 2's latest beta patch, "Gorilla", released today, has brought a host of new features, including the much anticipated alien player class, the fearsome Onos, the Jetpack upgrade for marines, a new map, "Mineshaft", and much more.

[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 55Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2011
    810 Posts
    I am looking forward to this game its certainly very pretty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

3. Post #3
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,669 Posts
    I am looking forward to this game its certainly very pretty.
    You can pre-order it now and play the beta.

It's amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,063 Posts
    Oh man, the first was excellent, and this one appears to be just as good. Hopefully we'll get some sort of "siege mode" like we did in the first one, those maps were fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Ive heard that they will add heavy armor and onos on the next patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2009
    9,936 Posts
    Ive heard that they will add heavy armor and onos on the next patch.
    Onos is in, but no heavy armor for marines yet. Instead, they get jetpacks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    I'm really interested by this, but I just want to wait a bit.

Is the game currently balanced?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,931 Posts
    My god is Mineshaft ever confusing. I am usually like this at the start of any new map, but this one seems extra difficult to get used to.

Also, the small tight corridors and rooms are making it very grenade spammy.

Oh I also hope they buff Carapace more, so getting one shotted by the shotgun isn't as easy. Especially lategame when it takes me multiple bites to take down a marine, while it only takes him or his mates one shot to take me down.

9. Post #9
    Not actually a glitch
    May 2005
    4,601 Posts
    This game is great fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,703 Posts
    I was pleasantly surprised to see the update out today.

Also you forgot to include the new trailer.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    This game is great fun!
    Its pretty fun even when you play the same map over and over.

Hard to join a server when they are alway full.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #12
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,669 Posts
    I don't think I've lost a game as Alien Commander yet.

I've mostly commanded Summit, but I just recently did Mineshaft and I do not like it.

Although we had 4 Hives, the one I had in Shipping I think it was, the Drifters would always get stuck in some pipes which made things difficult for me.

Edited:

My strategy usually consists of going Crag Hive, making 2 Shells, and using the third Drifter to expand in the opposite direction that the Marines are located in, assuming that they are right next to the Alien starting location.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,750 Posts
    Natural Selection was one of the only mods (or MP games for that matter) that actually made me really anxious and paranoid as a human. Really, you never knew when your life would end abruptly, or if your team would break up when ambushed, or if you were running alone, something would come up and kill you from behind. Such an amazing game, this one is going to be just as great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    Fuck Bitches, Get Scritches
    April 2005
    1,327 Posts
    How smooth is it? Last time I tried -- a few months ago -- it was still very laggy and clunky-feeling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,972 Posts
    I wasn't able to play this game for ~1 year
    Except for this update, were there any other major/awesome updates out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,616 Posts
    Gorilla?
    I aways saw onos as a giant bull
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

17. Post #17
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,982 Posts
    Natural Selection was one of the only mods (or MP games for that matter) that actually made me really anxious and paranoid as a human. Really, you never knew when your life would end abruptly, or if your team would break up when ambushed, or if you were running alone, something would come up and kill you from behind. Such an amazing game, this one is going to be just as great.
    I dunno, The Hidden always did it for me way better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,063 Posts
    Call me crazy, but I think this is a tad overpriced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,058 Posts
    not a lot of men can say they know what the inside of a space rhinos stomach looks like

i can
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,063 Posts
    In an onos anus?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    March 2010
    1,486 Posts
    I've heard about this game but haven't really looked into it until now. The Onos looks awesome. I can imagine a few Frontiersmen huddled around the last door of protection while they hear an Onos knocking down the door, with the alien forces eagerly waiting on the other side. That would make a great Machinima.

-Edit-
    And what does TSR stand for?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

22. Post #22
    June 2007
    2,289 Posts
    Just spent the whole day playing this. Pretty much the first time playing it properly even though I bought it when it was in alpha. It was pretty much unplayable back then, but now it's really good. There are still some performance issues, but it's still playable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    The only thing that stops me from buying this is the 35 dollar price tag.

I don't know, seems a bit much to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    June 2007
    2,289 Posts
    I bought it for 40 and can already tell that it's going to be worth it. Just played it for like 8 hours today even though it's still in beta and missing a bunch of stuff. Then again I also loved the first one, you should probably give that a go if you're unsure.

Edited:

If you have HL1 that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,515 Posts
    The one thing I hated about the Onos in NS was they would spam the living fuck out of devour. I understand it's an attack they have and it's a great way of getting rid of 1 space marine but holy titty-fucking christ chill out. It's bad enough that I get devoured every 20 seconds.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    I bought it for 40 and can already tell that it's going to be worth it. Just played it for like 8 hours today even though it's still in beta and mission a bunch of stuff. Then again I also loved the first one, you should probably give that a go if you're unsure.

Edited:

If you have HL1 that is.
    I played the first one a few months ago and all the servers I went in were a real mess. Lag, almost no traditional gameplay server (All team deathmatch), the traditional gameplay servers were always empty.

I came in way too late to try it out in it's first form as an half life mod.

27. Post #27
    August 2010
    1,136 Posts
    I will always be afraid of a cloaked Onos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Internet Detective in BRICK (HBIED certified)
    May 2007
    12,094 Posts
    Holy shit this looks good.

29. Post #29
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,930 Posts
    fades are the best

in ns1 a good fade would rape all the marines until they got heavy armor or jetpacks or somethin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    Fuck this shit, I'm buying this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #31

April 2011
    230 Posts
    fades are the best

in ns1 a good fade would rape all the marines until they got heavy armor or jetpacks or somethin
    camping kamikaze skulk was my favorite class
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,200 Posts
    In NS1 stealth skulk was my fav.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,972 Posts
    When I play this game my ping always jumps to 999 after a few minutes of the game
    :smithicide:

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,706 Posts
    When I play this game my ping always jumps to 999 after a few minutes of the game
    :smithicide:
    You're luckier than me, I keep crashing all the time.

35. Post #35
    December 2011
    303 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,972 Posts
    Wait did they change the Fade's "blink to mouse" to the classic NS1 "fly really fast while invisible"?
    If so, that's awesome, I loved the Fade in NS1

37. Post #37
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,200 Posts
    Yeah they did that ages ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

38. Post #38
    December 2008
    1,134 Posts
    This looks to good to not buy. Bought it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,670 Posts
    I love playing natural selection in the past, I wonder if I could trade Dota 2 beta for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,573 Posts
    We should get a facepunch server up. I got this game aswell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)