1. Post #1

February 2012
    13 Posts
    Hey mappers, I'm not here to waste your time and you're not here to waste mine.
    Awesome - anyways, hopefully you are into Role Play, if not - I hope you are into the 1982 futuristic noire of Blade Runner.
    The setting is in China Town, San Francisco. These pictures down below express what we are looking for!

The community I help run is in dire need of a Blade Runner map. I do know that this will take a lot of work, though we do not have the funds to pay anyone. Except, we will give great respect and maybe even allow a position in our administration team. Hopefully, this will be a fun project to make! .

Exterior & Streets

Interior & Factories

As far as the story goes, the plot has already been set and characters and events have already been set in place as well. In short, this is the last thing on our list.
    If this map is not possible, we will turn to City 8 Central. Please, assist us in not doing so.

Message me if you see any interest in doing this project for us. I am appreciative of anyone for any progress they can help us with! Thank you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    May 2009
    449 Posts

3. Post #3

February 2012
    13 Posts
    Oh thanks, sorry - my first time on FP. You're a boss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,857 Posts
    isn't that deus ex and not blade runner?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

5. Post #5
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,812 Posts
    I don't think any 'expert' mappers are willing to work for free here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Slovenia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    April 2008
    58 Posts
    It would be a fun project tbh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Facepunch Resident Alcoholic!
    July 2007
    7,765 Posts
    obligatory my name is kruma pay me for map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,193 Posts
    isn't that deus ex and not blade runner?
    A lot of Deus Ex's environments are inspired by Bladerunner.

As for the request, I'm actually intrigued by it...I might have a look into it, but I'm not promising anything.

Edited:
    Like, nothing at all. Don't hold me to this.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,043 Posts
    I'd love to make something like this but I can't texture for shit.

10. Post #10
    I HAVE A TOASTER FETISH
    July 2009
    3,957 Posts
    yesh kruma r exshpert mappr

11. Post #11
    December 2008
    210 Posts
    Don't mind him , very unprofessional i am the expert here and would be happy to help you , as always i post a pic of my best project "gm_rp_tff_Snowballs":

Im waiting for the green light ! Oh i still charge for work btw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Ireland Show Events Dumb x 8Optimistic x 2Mapping King x 1Funny x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,022 Posts
    Don't mind him , very unprofessional i am the expert here and would be happy to help you , as always i post a pic of my best project "gm_rp_tff_Snowballs":

A brilliant masterpiece. Quite an achievement in bioengineering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

13. Post #13

February 2012
    13 Posts
    Yeah, like I said before - this project would seem to be a very interesting map. As for the pictures above, they were the closest I could find - yes they are Deus X art, though that's the image we're going for.
    If you do like to role play - I said this before but, you might be able to become apart of the administration team in the community.

14. Post #14
    March 2009
    564 Posts
    This group is not going to deal with this request in a mature way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #15
    An error stopped other errors from erroring!
    February 2010
    400 Posts
    This group is not going to deal with this request in a mature way.
    How do you expect them/us to? He/you come onto Facepunch, saying 'Do this pro map, probably take forever, needs 'expert' skill.' No payment, nothing except;

we will give great respect and maybe even allow a position in our administration team. Hopefully, this will be a fun project to make!
    Holy shits guys let me put hundreds of hours into a next-generation theme'd game, for respect. Ohyes, and admins on their server. Next I'm expecting a DarkRP v7 request.

16. Post #16
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    How do you expect them/us to? He/you come onto Facepunch, saying 'Do this pro map, probably take forever, needs 'expert' skill.' No payment, nothing except;

Holy shits guys let me put hundreds of hours into a next-generation theme'd game, for respect. Ohyes, and admins on their server. Next I'm expecting a DarkRP v7 request.
    Can you do that for me? I'd really appreciate it.

17. Post #17
    December 2008
    210 Posts
    A brilliant masterpiece. Quite an achievement in bioengineering.
    Indeed, i am very proud of it !.

18. Post #18
    March 2009
    564 Posts
    [His spiel]
    You seem to forget this is a hobby. Sure, people do it for a living, but for the most part everyone here has a similar hobby. Just because you're good at your hobby doesn't mean you can act like an exclusive professional. This guy just asked if anyone would make this map for him, he didn't say we had to, and he admitted the rewards were few. He just hoped, with good faith, that people with an interest in this would want to do it. So unless you're interested don't give him a hard time for his trouble.

19. Post #19

February 2012
    13 Posts
    Haha look if you are mapping for money, that's cool.
    If you're mapping to gain awesome respect that's cool too.
    Though at the heart of things you should of begun mapping because you thought it was fun and you liked it. That's what I'm offering here, a fun map to make.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    March 2010
    1,039 Posts
    Though at the heart of things you should of begun mapping because you thought it was fun and you liked it. That's what I'm offering here, a fun map to make.
    I have to say this. Maybe, to you, it would seem fun, but to others, it wouldn't. Yes, the point of mapping is to have fun with it, but the only way to have fun making a map would to be making a map you want to make, and to let your creative image come to life. If someone were to map FOR someone else, it would be less fun, and that person wouldn't be creating their image, but the person's image instead, hence why people ask for money.

In short, you'll most likely need to have to pay someone to make this map for you, unless you make it yourself, especially considering the quality of the map you are asking for. Sorry, but that's pretty much how things on Facepunch work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    A map like this would require custom models and materials. The scale of your request is out of most people's skill level. You are requesting a very complicated map, and you are only offering a possible admin position.

Seems to me that is a bit lopsided.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,009 Posts
    I was actually working on a Dues Ex type map, ill grab the vmf and give you guys it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16762596/shantytown.zip

another version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16762596/shantytown2.zip

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    645 Posts

Pfft, you're such a noob, you could get so much more detail in the map if you carve those spheres!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,009 Posts

25. Post #25

February 2012
    13 Posts
    Look guys, I'm not like tryin' to be a jackass and come on here looking to to cheat you out of something you deserve. I said at the beginning I don't have the funds to pay, I just thought that when it comes down to it - this map would be fun to make. I thought maybe one person here might have some experience and really want to do this just for the sake of making a cool and awesome map for a community larger than mine - the whole Garrysmod universe. Don't patronize me for thinking that way. Because in reality, if you are really against me for saying that, then you are the jackass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    And if someone wants to make something like this of their own free will they will.

If you request a map for a server, be prepared to be asked to reimburse the mapper. Don't expect that they will accept an admin role for any map, especially not one what would require a lot of additional content. You really should have considered the scale of the project before asking someone make a map for an admin role.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    October 2010
    11,781 Posts
    I never understood the logic of "I'll give you admin" as pay

you're not exactly offering some cutting edge new custom gamemode with amazing features, this is most likely for some RP or something that most people on FP don't enjoy anyway

28. Post #28

February 2012
    13 Posts
    Haha hold up there, administration can mean a lot of things. I was just saying that if you like Serious RP, a position as a developer would be available. That's all. I don't see why this is such a big deal.
    If you want to make a map that's fun, try this.
    If not, then don't?

29. Post #29
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    Haha hold up there, administration can mean a lot of things. I was just saying that if you like Serious RP, a position as a developer would be available. That's all. I don't see why this is such a big deal.
    If you want to make a map that's fun, try this.
    If not, then don't?
    They would already be a dev, by making the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Guys lay off a tad, it is not like he is trying to piss you off.

Just learn to map yourself bro, it is hard at first but once you get past the learning curve it becomes really easy. I am sure some one here will be glad to point you in the direction of a tutorial if you are interested in realizing the map your self.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    March 2009
    564 Posts
    It'd sure be easier than dealing with this crap, wouldn't you say?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32

February 2012
    13 Posts
    Haha possibly. Thanks guys