1. Post #2281
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    I saw this banner in Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword and had no choice to make Knight Solaire. I wasn't sure how his face would look, so I just gave him a generic one.

Praise the sun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

2. Post #2282
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,825 Posts
    Well, your going to be wearing a helmet anyway so who cares about his face?

Really, Solaire has another helmet inside his helmet. He was born with that helmet on.

Edit: Oh dear, someone is pissed at me.

In other news, I found one of those...

...Things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2283
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,076 Posts
    Jumped down into the abyss, Died and Raged then realized that I wasn't wearing the ring. Also, DarkWraiths are way to weak, One back stab and their dead, plus they stand around waiting for a back stab.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

4. Post #2284
    June 2010
    307 Posts
    Jumped down into the abyss, Died and Raged then realized that I wasn't wearing the ring. Also, DarkWraiths are way to weak, One back stab and their dead, plus they stand around waiting for a back stab.
    Darkwraiths can be brutal if you fuck up/are trying to run to the kings quickly and carelessly. It's hard to get killed by them due to their speed but if they get a few hits in, say goodbye to a flask for the kings.
    ---
    In other news I've been having a lot of fun with my latest PVP build, main focus was using spells and the avelyn but unfortunately the avelyn was cut due to weight. It's a pretty damn high level, but I'd recommend it if you're looking for something different:
    ---
    SL 135 Wanderer

Darkmoon Blade

Vit: 41 - enough with fap ring
    Att: 16 - 4 attunement slots, 2 minimum needed for CSS and CHSM
    End: 36 - can be brought down to 30
    Str: 16 - MLGS/Avelyn
    Dex: 45 - for maximum casting speed
    Res: -
    Int: 44 - for CSS
    Fai: -

R1/2: Moonlight Greatsword / Logan's Catalyst
    L1/2: Ascended Flame +5 / Grass Crest Shield

Armor: Big Hat(This is for looks, feel free to put on your faggot mask) / Giant Armor / Dark Gauntlets / Dark Leggings

Rings: Ring of Favor and Protection(To make up for low VIT, and to add an extra swing to the 2H MLGS) / Dark Wood Grain Ring(Obvious, for mobility)

Spells: Crystal Soul Spear(x2) / Homing Crystal Soulmass / Great Fireball(Optional)
    ---
    The purpose of this build, as I said, was previously centered around using the avelyn(lightning +5/lightning bolts), various spells(Then I realized that CSS was better than soul arrows in every way) and the MLGS. Right now, I find myself to be relying mostly on the MLGS(two handed) and spells. I also use some pyromancy to mix it up a bit, but that's just to add to the unpredictability that seems to help me out a bit. I specifically remember one fight I had where I was being so agressive and random with all my spells that my opponent was never able to hit me and had to focus solely on dodging. Which, due to stamina restrictions and the fact that people make mistakes, lead to my FLAWLESS VICTORY. Anyways,

MLGS(Primary weapon): With 44 INT, this beast has a quite decent AR of 475. Consisting of PURE MAGIC DAMAGE. Using my build as an example, I have 389 physical defense, compared to a mere 383 ma.. Well anyways it gets through shields quite well. But half of the usefulness comes from the fact that it's a greatsword: It has a fantastic moveset, with a running R1 suitable for deadlocks, it eats up stamina like a bitch so enjoy that 90 magic resist on your The Rock greatshield while it lasts, and it STUNLOCKS LIKE A FUCKING TASER ON STEROIDS. Coupled with 53 poise, you will automatically beat anyone with less than 53 poise in a straight up button-mash, and for others you just need to make sure you get 2 hits on them before they get 2 on you. Which isn't very hard due to it's good reach and the DWGR's mobility. TLDR <53 poise = 1 hit you lose

Homing Crystal Soulmass(meh): Rarely hits, whatever. No reason not to use it as long as you don't use it at stupid times. It DOES do good damage when it hits, not CSS damage but significant. Might even stun em for a second to get a quick slash in.

Crystal Soul Spear(I don't have time for your shit): Easy to dodge, but worth it. If they're out of stamina, chances are they'll get fucked down the throat with this. Other people might not expect it and enjoy the taste of a time-saving oneshot so they don't have to wait a minute to get relentlessly raped by your unmatched skill with the MLGS. More people have shitty connections. Some people use shields.

Great Fireball(Can be replaced by whatever the fuck you want, no room for chaos unless you add to attunement): Fire's pretty cool. Don't be a dumbass and get backstabbed though.

Lightning Avelyn +5(Cut): If you're finding the grass crest shield to be useless, consider swapping it for this to make things more interesting. I haven't had many chances to use it, but it does great damage. Mainly useful at mid-close range for dealing with people charging you, runners, and Well, what is it?*

(*hint: it's a lightning bolt)

And that's basically it. Just twohand the MLGS, try to put the grass crest shield on your back when you're done casting, and flip the fuck out and don't get hit. Also the big hat makes you look cool. If anyone can think of any better armor combinations, feel free to share.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #2285
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,980 Posts
    I haven't defeated any boss by myself if we don't count the asylum demon, always summoned bros to help. But I went against the Capra Demon by myself yesterday and did it in five tries. People seem to complain about that one a lot but it was pretty simple. Only the first two seconds were hard.

When I get the game for myself (probably pc version if it's still alive in mid-2013) I'll definitely do all the bosses by myself though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

6. Post #2286
    I haven't defeated any boss by myself if we don't count the asylum demon, always summoned bros to help. But I went against the Capra Demon by myself yesterday and did it in five tries. People seem to complain about that one a lot but it was pretty simple. Only the first two seconds were hard.

When I get the game for myself (probably pc version if it's still alive in mid-2013) I'll definitely do all the bosses by myself though.
    Capra Demon isn't bad once you kill the dogs, but before then it's extremely easy to get locked in a corner half a second into the battle and gang-raped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2287
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    5,521 Posts
    In the Crystal Cave now. Thought the Rude's Archives would be harder but urGHHH these fucking invisible bridges
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #2288
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,980 Posts
    I ran to the right behind the pillars, then quickly up the staircase. Dogs followed but they're pushovers by themselves. Then I just stabbed the boss in the back every time he jumped from the top of the staircase.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

9. Post #2289
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,076 Posts

I enter BlightTown via Valley of Drakes, So I didn't fight the Capra Demon till level 60, Took 4 hits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

10. Post #2290
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,409 Posts
    went back and made a new character on demon souls, happily beating the bosses with ease,
    then comes the flamelurker, the boss itself not that hard but with the added challenge of my tv wanting to change to the f1 grand pre while i'm fighting it made it a little tough, i gave up in the end after it did it twice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #2291
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,825 Posts
    Alright, So far i've been summoned twice to help with the Gargs. So far, Both have been invaded by someone. So far they have only used Pryomancy, probery with a Quelanna upgraded flame, as well as flip around in heavy armor. These guys really suck. Ditch that flip ring and fight me Pig to Man.

12. Post #2292
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,276 Posts
    I almost put my fist through the screen. Kept being knocked off the ledge by the iron giant boss. Must have happened about 13 times, and I lost most of my humanity summoning tarkus over and over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #2293
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    I almost put my fist through the screen. Kept being knocked off the ledge by the iron giant boss. Must have happened about 13 times, and I lost most of my humanity summoning tarkus over and over.
    Tarkus should be able to almost solo the Iron Golem. Just hang back and avoid getting agro until Tarkus dies, and then jump in and finish him off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #2294
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,276 Posts
    Yeah I know. That's one of the reasons the build I'm making is a Tarkus build right now.

15. Post #2295
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,825 Posts
    Holy Fucking Shit, I didnt know the Gaping Dragon could grab you and eat you.

Well, thats my pride taken a bit of a hit, I got killed by perhaps the easyest boss in the game.

16. Post #2296
    February 2010
    1,015 Posts
    im stuck on undead parish this game is so fucking hard god

its really fun though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #2297
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    Holy Fucking Shit, I didnt know the Gaping Dragon could grab you and eat you.

Well, thats my pride taken a bit of a hit, I got killed by perhaps the easyest boss in the game.
    Taurus Demon is the easiest boss in the game, by far. Gaping Dragon is easy, but sometimes the AI will be a dick and spam his jump/eat moves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

18. Post #2298
    August 2011
    702 Posts
    Should I feel bad if I killed Knight Solaire?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #2299
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,825 Posts
    Unless its for a very good reason, Then Yes.

And even then, Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2300
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,108 Posts
    I hear he    turns against you for no reason in the demon ruins   . But that is unconfirmed so yeah you should feel the worst.

21. Post #2301
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    I hear he    turns against you for no reason in the demon ruins   . But that is unconfirmed so yeah you should feel the worst.
       It happens in Lost Izalith. It depends on whether or not you used the shortcut from Quelaag's Domain to get to Lost Izalith, and whether or not you killed all of those parasites in the shortcut. If you didn't, he attacks you on sight. If you used the shortcut and killed them before going into Lost Izalith he'll be friendly and you'll be able to summon him one last time for a boss fight.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2302
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,660 Posts
    I played some Demon Souls today, and I got a message saying that the Demon SOuls server will be offline forever on May 31th. While I'm sad this happens, I wonder what they are going to do. I really hope they make us download the positions of orange signs (they're really helpful) and some bloodstains (same reason as the signs). It would be cool to still have information on what's ahead and what's hidden in the dark places.

23. Post #2303
    January 2012
    191 Posts
    Made a tankish build yesterday. oh how I love the stone greatsword :)

24. Post #2304
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,509 Posts
    I played some Demon Souls today, and I got a message saying that the Demon SOuls server will be offline forever on May 31th. While I'm sad this happens, I wonder what they are going to do. I really hope they make us download the positions of orange signs (they're really helpful) and some bloodstains (same reason as the signs). It would be cool to still have information on what's ahead and what's hidden in the dark places.
    Demons Souls is going to feel even more abandoned now once they remove the orange soapstone signs.

I mean, it was almost abandoned when I played it earlier this year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #2305
    April 2007
    287 Posts
    I think I'm in abit of a predicament at the moment. I finally got past the Dragonslayer Knights on the ledge in Anor Londo and found the Giant Blacksmith. Problem is that because I've killed Andre I can't ascend weapons to +10 and use the boss souls for weapons. I had been working towards getting the Furysword but is it worth restarting the game over for it? The only other option is to wait until NG+ which is quite a way off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

26. Post #2306
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,509 Posts
    Ouch.

I guess you should probably start over if you're really wanting a +10 weapon.

27. Post #2307
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,409 Posts
    Killed Queelag on my first go with only Maneater Mildred.

At level 1
    AWWWW YE
    (Nowfor4kingswelp)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #2308
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    I'm stuck at gargoyle demons.
    I can handle the first guy easily then the other one surprisebuttsexhcs when I have 1 or 2 flasks ready and I die shortly.

Guess I'm not trying hard enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

29. Post #2309
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,409 Posts
    Be human and summon Solaire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #2310
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,108 Posts
    I can handle the first guy easily then the other one surprisebuttsexhcs when I have 1 or 2 flasks ready and I die shortly.

Naw you're trying just like the rest of us.
    If they start attacking in rhythm it's nearly impossible to land a hit without getting murdered.
    What novangel said.

31. Post #2311
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    I just beat Seath the Scaleless, finally, on my Ornstein build with two buddies.

It mostly consisted of them both slamming him from behind while I kept hitting him with crossbow bolts from the front. One of them died but me and the other phantom didn't take a single hit.

So satisfying to finally be done with the Duke's Archives. The amount of channelers drove me nuts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

32. Post #2312
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    I hate the Dukes Archive more than Blighttown, well the place is awesome but the channcelors and those horrible crystalized undead are a major pain in the ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #2313
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,825 Posts
    I hate the Dukes Archive more than Blighttown, well the place is awesome but the channcelors and those horrible crystalized undead are a major pain in the ass.
    Oh god, the fucking snipers being everywhere doesnt help either. Particulary when your trying to get that crossbow. Open the chest = Sniped in the head.

Drake Sword makes that fight much easyer if you havent gotten it yet.

34. Post #2314
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,409 Posts
    THAT ONE FUCKING CHANNELER WHO KEEPS TELEPORTING aaAaAA fuck I hated that guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

35. Post #2315
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,509 Posts
    THAT ONE FUCKING CHANNELER WHO KEEPS TELEPORTING aaAaAA fuck I hated that guy.
    Out of all the bonfires in the game, that one in the Duke's Archives is the only one I always look forward to going to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #2316
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,108 Posts
    I hate that first one so fucking much
    slash
    wololololo *teleport*
    two fucking arrows hit you while you're stuck mid swing
    death
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #2317
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,825 Posts
    Right, Time to feed frampt my spare junk.

Started with 10632 souls, lets see how much i'll have once all of this is done.

Edit: I now have 142,902 souls due to that clear out. And no doubt i'll need to clear out more stuff laters.

38. Post #2318
    March 2012
    1,214 Posts
    Taurus Demon is the easiest boss in the game, by far. Gaping Dragon is easy, but sometimes the AI will be a dick and spam his jump/eat moves.
    In my opinion, and I wish to stress that this is only my opinion, Pinwheel is the easiest boss. He is a fudging joke, pardon the language.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

39. Post #2319
    July 2009
    1,416 Posts
    I've had Dark Souls since my birthday in December, but I never really got around to playing it until recently. Over the last 2 days I've been playing it a lot, and I have to say I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'm up to the Gaping Dragon boss fight, which I haven't completed because I only reached it right before I had to leave this morning, any ways I've been pouring all my souls into endurance because I like wearing the heavy armors since they look way cool but I like rolling around like a drunken walrus. I realize this is probably a mistake but I don't think it matters too much. Also, what's the deal with all the "Praise the Sun!" messages getting shoved up my ass around every turn?

40. Post #2320
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,276 Posts
    I've been pouring all my souls into endurance because I like wearing the heavy armors since they look way cool but I like rolling around like a drunken walrus. I realize this is probably a mistake but I don't think it matters too much.
    Endurance is always a great stat, but don't overdo it to the point that you're starving yourself from other stats like vitality. You can always get Havel's Ring or the Dark Wood Grain Ring to dramatically increase your maximum equip load, especially when used together. Plus you get to do cool flips with the DWGR, so that's a bonus.