1. Post #2361
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,395 Posts
    Also if anyone wants a build, just say so. I've gotten pretty good at making them, so give me a weapon and I'll make you a build for it.
    Dragon Bone Fist

Edited:

I have two of them just to dual wield them, the other one is +5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

2. Post #2362
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Dragon Bone Fist

Edited:

I have two of them just to dual wield them, the other one is +5
    Best way to do it is to buff it, because it's strangely buffable. So either go with SLB or the ever popular Spellfist™.

SLB:

faith 30
    strength 40
    end 30
    att 10
    rest into VIT

Get SLB, use canvas talisman. beat the crap out of people. repeat. (I used this in izalith to great success. It's hilarious.)

Spellfist:

replace 30 faith with 30 INT, use CMW and crystal cat.

Edited:

and it really doesn't weigh that much, so you'll want to hit 53 poise and wear whatever armor you want to be as swag as possible. I suggest thorn gauntlets, because you ALWAYS want one piece of thorn armor on any build to prevent lagstabs.

Plus it looks like your fists have spikes.

Edited:

or just go 50 strength rest into vit/end and use some resin. but that's just lame.

Edited:

it's sad how many people don't know how to avoid bleed triggers. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #2363
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    6,991 Posts
    Are there any optional areas before I fight the Next Four Bosses (Lords)
    Done the Painted World, Asylum. Gotta go Back to kill the Stray though

Edited:

Is 27 Vit good for a level 67, Gotta work on endurance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

4. Post #2364
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    No. There aren't many optional places, really.

Kill Sif before 4k or you're in for a nasty surprise.

Also, 27 vit is fine. If you don't plan on pvp, ANY vit will do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #2365
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    785 Posts
    I dont mind PVP for the most part, If i get invaded. I'll come at him. If he bow's at me then i'll bow back. But if they use that Flip ring, im going to be pissed. Just hate the thing more than them having electric weapons.
    Sucks to be you then, almost everyone that pvps will use that ring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #2366
    July 2009
    1,394 Posts
    Just reached Blight Town, and my rage burns with the intensity of one thousand suns. Excuse me while I start carving my controller into a prison shank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

7. Post #2367
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,395 Posts
    Are there any optional areas before I fight the Next Four Bosses (Lords)
    Done the Painted World, Asylum. Gotta go Back to kill the Stray though

Edited:

Is 27 Vit good for a level 67, Gotta work on endurance
    I guess there's The Great Hollow and Ash Lake if you haven't been there yet.

8. Post #2368
    November 2011
    6,991 Posts
    Now, To Find ash lake. Also, I really should care about PvP being a gravelord servant and all

9. Post #2369
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Now, To Find ash lake. Also, I really should care about PvP being a gravelord servant and all
    You'll want VIT somewhere around 40-50 endgame, ideally. But if you haven't played this before, your stats are probably terrible. Even if you HAVE played it before, that's still likely.

Also, Ash Lake is down by Blighttown. Head for the big tree and look around.

I hope you like mushrooms.

Edited:

i am such an asshole. gravelording in TotG is brutal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #2370
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts
    your avatar looks suspiciously like an xbox live avatar wearing dark souls armor.
    Said suspicions are correct.

Sucks to be you then, almost everyone that pvps will use that ring.
    Well im going to have to get pro then and find a way to deal with them. Although it would be nice to not worry about them flipping around in heavy armor like a fricking ninja. I think its just the fact they are wearing heavy armor while doing it that gets in my head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #2371
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    12,030 Posts
    I dont mind PVP for the most part, If i get invaded. I'll come at him. If he bow's at me then i'll bow back. But if they use that Flip ring, im going to be pissed. Just hate the thing more than them having electric weapons.
    what if they have both

12. Post #2372
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts
    I'll be more pissed off with the flip ring than the electric weapons really. Besides, I'd imagine them having less of a effect when your level 120. These encounters so far is when im low leveled. And those kind of weapons, thanks to the Bottomless Box Glitch, will rip you a new arsehole when your SL is so low.

I would wear Lightning defence armor but, i have a feeling that does next to bugger all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #2373
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    You would be correct in that Assumption.

Flip rings really don't matter much. Not that big of a deal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2374
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts
    That being said then, I doubt having a sheild suited for that role would help either.

You'd think using Tranquil Walk of Peace would help but by the time you do the animation and all that, you either have a small window to kill them while they are unable to roll around with those annoying invulnerability frames, or you get backstabed while doing it. So thats that buggered already.

15. Post #2375
    September 2008
    1,170 Posts
    Gotta love the PvP when the enemy just warps behind you and instakills you with a backstab.

Holy fuck this is horrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #2376
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts
    Gotta love losing 500k souls because you forgot to take off the Symbol of Avarice and got destracted with stuff on the laptop...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #2377
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,621 Posts
    I feel so left out, all of this PVP talk means nothing to me...

This game sounds a lot more fun when other people are involved.

18. Post #2378
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Personally I do not like the PvP aspect that much. It is somewhat a hassle and can be frustrating. Other players are really skillful and create PvP builds. I prefer PvE, summoning spirits to help is fun though. I really like it a lot. The occaisonal invade is also fun but pure PvP is not great, at least for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #2379
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    That being said then, I doubt having a sheild suited for that role would help either.

You'd think using Tranquil Walk of Peace would help but by the time you do the animation and all that, you either have a small window to kill them while they are unable to roll around with those annoying invulnerability frames, or you get backstabed while doing it. So thats that buggered already.
    Seriously, DWGR isn't that big of a problem. TWoP might help but if you can't deal with that you've got bigger problems. Flipping is annoying but certainly not a reason to be sad and make a build devoted entirely to countering it. What problems are you HAVING?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #2380
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts
    Because "Pigs dont flip."

Then again, I'll be playing a bit more serious in new game plus. I might have to end up using the ring in NG+ anyway. But for the time being, i dont want to use it. I've never defeated Gwyn without it and i want to try it. I did get a bit pissed off that night when i complained because i was trying to do stuff, constantly slashed the guy with my katana but because he was flipping around it done nothing. Even though i saw the hits pretty much clear as day.   

21. Post #2381
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,364 Posts
    it's still incredibly stupid that you aren't punished in the slightest for wearing heavy armor when using that ring, just one of the imbalances that plagues this game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #2382
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts
    Really, its people having shit loads of Endurance that lets them wear heavy giant armor and flip around like its nothing. They arnt punished much since they have said electric weapons.

23. Post #2383
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,395 Posts
    Really, its people having shit loads of Endurance that lets them wear heavy giant armor and flip around like its nothing. They arnt punished much since they have said electric weapons.
    Electric weapons are shit though once you are SL 120 or so. But I agree that the lightning / fire / chaos ascensions make the game somewhat unbalanced because you won't have to invest in strength / dex / int / faith, and just pump endurance or vitality.

24. Post #2384
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Electric weapons are shit though once you are SL 120 or so. But I agree that the lightning / fire / chaos ascensions make the game somewhat unbalanced because you won't have to invest in strength / dex / int / faith, and just pump endurance or vitality.
    Are you kidding? Elemental weapons are viable no matter what level, because you can pump just about everything into VIT and endurance. You're telling me someone with a +5 lightning zwei and 3150 HP doesn't scare you?

Not saying it's difficult to beat, but still.

25. Post #2385
    November 2011
    6,991 Posts
    Wow, Just went from level 69 to 91 in one PvP match, Guy dropped 887000 souls, Is 91 a good level for The four kings

26. Post #2386
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts
    Wow, Just went from level 69 to 91 in one PvP match, Guy dropped 887000 souls, Is 91 a good level for The four kings
    To be honest, being level 50 is good enough, But you can never be too sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #2387
    October 2008
    665 Posts
    Saw a STAMINA HO! build earlier. Very tempted to try it out, as I like oddball builds. Basically, dual wield Grass Crest Shields, wear mask of child, cloranthy ring, RoFaP, and eat lots of grass. Get one of the shields to lightning or fire or chaos and two-hand it, then CHAAAAAARGE! I'm trying for a Dual Bow only (Dragonslayer and Pharis) right now. Lost the only PvP match I've been in yet (Only S lvl 18 or 20, somewhere around there.)

Also, some guy seems to be going through NG+ with a S lvl 1 character... so 4 kings should be beatable any time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #2388
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,395 Posts
    Are you kidding? Elemental weapons are viable no matter what level, because you can pump just about everything into VIT and endurance. You're telling me someone with a +5 lightning zwei and 3150 HP doesn't scare you?

Not saying it's difficult to beat, but still.
    What I meant is that scaling weapons do more damage if you've put points in strength / dexterity when you hit SL 120~ish, I should've elaborated.
    Also +5 lightning anything doesn't scare me that much anymore unless it's a +5 Lightning Bandit Knife parrying me with Hornet Ring or some other ridiculous crit shit like that.

Edited:

I finished NG when I was level 91

29. Post #2389
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts
    Hmmm... it appears there are a lot of Bounding Demon of Izalith's in Lost Izalith...

Think i might need more Dragon Slayer Arrows.

30. Post #2390
    November 2011
    6,991 Posts
    93, Raped the four kings, No one told me there were six of them.......

31. Post #2391
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,395 Posts
    93, Raped the four kings, No one told me there were six of them.......
    They actually spawn infinitely until you've killed 4 of them, and only 4 of them will fight you simultaneously.

32. Post #2392
    November 2011
    6,991 Posts
    Just thinking, If the souls you get from PvPing is what the person has, What the hell was someone within a few levels of me doing with that many souls. I mean he wasn't a hard kill, hit him with my gravelord sword and poison did the rest

33. Post #2393
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,395 Posts
    If you invaded someone, there's no level cap.

Edited:

And I think that the amount of souls you get from invading / invaders is based on SL rather than how many souls you're carrying, I could be wrong though.

34. Post #2394
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    I just recently beat the game, and man is NG+ easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #2395
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts
    Come on Bed of Chaos, your the only thing in the way of me Kicking Gwyns ass.

36. Post #2396
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts
    Come on Bed of Chaos, your the only thing in the way of me Kicking Gwyns ass.
    Bed of Chaos is crazy easy. Just watch the floor and have decent fire resist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

37. Post #2397
    November 2011
    6,991 Posts
    If you invaded someone, there's no level cap.

Edited:

And I think that the amount of souls you get from invading / invaders is based on SL rather than how many souls you're carrying, I could be wrong though.
    Soap Sign, Was it a glitch that I got as many souls as I did?

38. Post #2398
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,719 Posts
    Bed of Chaos is crazy easy. Just watch the floor and have decent fire resist.
    Yeah but he can still be a bit of a bastard with those sweeps of his. No worries though, he got done soon enough.

You know, The Bed of Chaos could had gained some respect points if he had summoned someone to fight on his behalf like the Old Monk in Demon Souls.

Just fighting Gwyn now without him somehow gaining a advantage to kill me when he has no health left. Dude has a Red Tearstone Ring today, im sure of it.

39. Post #2399
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,091 Posts
    Am I the only one that has never had problems with the BoC purely because even after you die your progress of killing him/her/it is saved?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #2400
    November 2011
    6,991 Posts
    BoC is next on my hitlist, lets see it take on my level 93 theif, That uses a sword bigger than he is. I will get to NG+ Soon