1. Post #3601
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,766 Posts
    Well I just had the most bullshit death in history. I'm in Sen's fortress looking around and I find a chest so I go open it and its a mimic. It killed me in 1 hit. I lost 10000 souls
    That happens to us all. At least that will teach you to poke each chest just to make sure its not going to nom your face off when you open it.

Edit: Oh hello Pageking. I have content for once.

I have so much Dark Souls stuff lately...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3602
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    I suggested a friend of mine to buy this game, he is a pretty good player but it is so much fun to watch him play the game. I went to him several times giving him a few hints and such.

He died to the mimic in Sen's Fortress, although he had some great luck, he gets really rare drops and he killed the Iron Golem so fast by throwing him down, I did not know that that was possible. At first I thought that it had glichted but it is a real animation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events

3. Post #3603
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,172 Posts
    Well I just had the most bullshit death in history. I'm in Sen's fortress looking around and I find a chest so I go open it and its a mimic. It killed me in 1 hit. I lost 10000 souls
    You're lucky you encountered that without knowing, I watched epicnamebro jap version before i played so i knew all the traps :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #3604
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,725 Posts
    You're lucky you encountered that without knowing, I watched epicnamebro jap version before i played so i knew all the traps :(
    My friend was always attacking the chests from the beginning, despite having no knowledge whether or not there would be mimics in this game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #3605
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,395 Posts
    i hope they fix the bottomless box glitch in the upcoming expansion

it is very lame
    They said somewhere that they would fix it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

6. Post #3606
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,766 Posts
    They said somewhere that they would fix it.
    On the consoles it still sounds like its a bit too late to do so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #3607
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,395 Posts
    On the consoles it still sounds like its a bit too late to do so.
    Better than leaving it there, I guess.

Edited:

It was really useful for making SL 120 PvP toons though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3608
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,172 Posts
    Bottomless box was mostly used for Ps3.
    Xbox had a program on the pc to make your own character with any limit of stats and all the equipment you would need.

They used a USB for a darksouls save and chucked it on the pc while using the program....So in a way the bottomless box is useless even if they left it in pc version.

Ps3 could do it aswell but more time consuming since you had to take out a laptop Hard drive instead of a plug in plug out usb in 10 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #3609
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,904 Posts
    Count your blessings, I lost around 125k and 4 humanity from one of the pendulums on the top catwalks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events

10. Post #3610
    August 2011
    702 Posts
    Count your blessings, I lost around 125k and 4 humanity from one of the pendulums on the top catwalks.
    Those are the worst. I wish there was a way to store souls but then the game would be easy and did anyone else freak out when they saw Frampt?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #3611
    April 2012
    3,343 Posts
    my worst death was this:

You know how you have to use the curses to fight the ghosts in New Londo Ruins? While on my New game+, I had taken the curse, but had to do something IRL. I just stayed on the ladder while I was away from the controller. When I come back, my curse had worn off, but I didn't notice. So, I go and try to fight some of the ghosts and end up getting damaged and unable to defend myself. I am now running away with my inventory up trying to get to the curse (I didn't have it in my Dpad thing). As you can imagine, I fall to my death.

Not so bad I guess, I can just go and get my souls/humanities back right? Maybe if I wasn't retarded.

On my way back I forget to apply the curse AGAIN and I AGAIN am running with the inventory up trying to get to the curse. Then, I fall again. There goes 90k souls and several humanity :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #3612
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,920 Posts
    i'm not sure why you guys store up and never use your souls/humanities

i always use them up unless i don't need to and even then i don't take unnecessary risks most of the time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #3613
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,904 Posts
    i'm not sure why you guys store up and never use your souls/humanities

i always use them up unless i don't need to and even then i don't take unnecessary risks most of the time
    I was going from Sen's to Anor Londo to lightning up some of my weapons. Was previously farming for souls in Darkroot before heading up to Sen's right above it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events

14. Post #3614
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,173 Posts
    Welp, there goes 8humanity and 44k souls to those londo archers.

Edited:

jk i riposted their asses
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #3615
    Gold Member

January 2009
    1,231 Posts
    FYI you can store small amounts of souls using dungpies. You can buy them for 200 souls and you can "sell" them to frampt for 200 souls.

Also a good reason to store up on souls is to save them for expensive bulk purchases like spell buying or simply so that if you are ever just short of being able to buy something you don't have to bother grinding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #3616
    November 2010
    8,512 Posts
    Has there been any word of a pre-load? 8gb takes me about 10-18 hours to download depending on how moody my connection is. Would like to get it ready before the game is out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #3617
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,209 Posts
    No word yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #3618
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,416 Posts
    FYI you can store small amounts of souls using dungpies. You can buy them for 200 souls and you can "sell" them to frampt for 200 souls.

Also a good reason to store up on souls is to save them for expensive bulk purchases like spell buying or simply so that if you are ever just short of being able to buy something you don't have to bother grinding.
    jesus christ I never knew that

that's genius

19. Post #3619
    Gold Member

January 2009
    1,231 Posts
    Also just curious wouldn't it be possible to get permanently stuck in the abyss if you used that bonfire before you acquire the lordvessel. As it is possible to kill four kings before getting the lordvessel this should be possible.

20. Post #3620
    August 2009
    2,842 Posts
    Also just curious wouldn't it be possible to get permanently stuck in the abyss if you used that bonfire before you acquire the lordvessel. As it is possible to kill four kings before getting the lordvessel this should be possible.
    Maybe Kaathe just brings you back to the Kiln prematurely?

I don't really know to be honest.

21. Post #3621
    Gold Member

January 2009
    1,231 Posts
    Even if you got brought to the kiln you would be stuck in the kiln instead of the abyss not really changing the situation.

22. Post #3622
    August 2009
    2,842 Posts
    Even if you got brought to the kiln you would be stuck in the kiln instead of the abyss not really changing the situation.
    Couldn't Kaathe bring you back up though? Like Frampt can?

23. Post #3623
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,416 Posts
    No, you'll get the warp option if you kill the Four Kings in the Abyss even before getting the Lordvessel.

24. Post #3624
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,312 Posts
    My friend was always attacking the chests from the beginning, despite having no knowledge whether or not there would be mimics in this game
    I always look at the chain.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 3 (list)

25. Post #3625
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,416 Posts
    You can also use a Lloyd's Talisman around mimics and it'll turn them into regular chests. I'm not sure if it works if you've already attacked them though...

26. Post #3626
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,070 Posts
    You can also use a Lloyd's Talisman around mimics and it'll turn them into regular chests. I'm not sure if it works if you've already attacked them though...
    Those things have a use, well, that's new
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

27. Post #3627
    My FaVoRiTe CoLoR <3
    August 2006
    3,792 Posts
    I'd rather kill them for the souls and the item in their chest.

28. Post #3628
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,529 Posts
    It does, you can actually stock up on them and keep hitting the chests with a weak weapon and use the talismans over and over to grind for the symbol of avarice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #3629
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,312 Posts
    What does avarice even mean? Greed? Hunger? Insatiable?

Does grinding L and R triggers when you're grappled help at all?
    I've noticed a difference between doing it and not doing it, with the most notable sign being that my character is immediately on their feet once it ends and not flat on the ground.

30. Post #3630
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,725 Posts

I never noticed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

31. Post #3631
    September 2008
    1,179 Posts
    I love how dark souls gives you a classic rpg feel in those kinds of things. I mean, "you gotta check the chest's chain!" Or "you gotta use divine weapons to kill the skeletons!" Really nostalgic stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #3632
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,920 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #3633
    August 2011
    702 Posts
    I just killed the asshole brigade (Smough and Orenstein or however you spell it) In one try
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #3634
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,725 Posts
    how the fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

35. Post #3635

I usually just attack every chest I see. If it's a Mimic, I got the first shot. If it's a chest, no harm done.

Edited:

No harm aside from feeling kind of silly that you just thwacked an inanimate object as hard as you could, I mean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #3636
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,986 Posts
    3 more days and someone needs to get a mod to add "PC" to the title.

Controller at the ready, can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #3637
    July 2009
    559 Posts
    I hope GMG releases the keys soon I want to preload it or at least play it the same day it launches

38. Post #3638
    November 2010
    8,512 Posts
    3 more days and someone needs to get a mod to add "PC" to the title.

Controller at the ready, can't wait.
    Going to try keyboard and mouse controls first. Judging from the manual they don't seem all that bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #3639
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,416 Posts
    I'll definitely record a video of me playing through to at least the Firelink Shrine with keyboard controls. Depending on how people like it, I might do a whole Let's Play.

40. Post #3640
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,705 Posts
    Can someone explain how the fuck to parry on the PS3?