1. Post #401
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,193 Posts
    I was just in blighttown, playing as normal and found a fire keepers soul. I died shortly after that and I respawned at firelink shrine, so I went down to upgrade my flasks and found that the girl who reinforces them is dead, and I got a bunch of armour and an eye. What happened to her, and more importantly how can I reinforce my flasks now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #402
    April 2011
    1,388 Posts
    So, I went from Undead Burg to Darkwood Garden. I read up a little on the area and some of the shit I would be facing and everything went smoothly. I summoned a Phantom to help me out after I killed Andrei (not going to pay 20k souls for a crest) but then two invaders came in and fucked me and my phantom both promptly in the ass. Upon dying, I lost 20k souls; I went back and got fucked by Ents and now all those souls are gone forever. RIP.

Bad iPhone quality. My stats might be a little thin and my armor may not look great but I've sacrificed mobility for it. Plus, I haven't really died in the area since the enemies are generally easier to kill...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #403
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    Finally after grinding for buttloads of souls in the Undead Parish I have 31 strength and can use that Demon Great Hammer and I one shot everyone

yay

Edited:

Though even with Ring of FaP i'm a huge sack of shit, how do I get my guy to be able to move around more freely other than using lighter armor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #404
    April 2011
    1,388 Posts
    Finally after grinding for buttloads of souls in the Undead Parish I have 31 strength and can use that Demon Great Hammer and I one shot everyone

yay

Edited:

Though even with Ring of FaP i'm a huge sack of shit, how do I get my guy to be able to move around more freely other than using lighter armor
    In my opinion, you'd be a lot better off with light armor. If you can dodge and generally have enough stamina/poise (?) to withstand attacks while guarding, you be fine. Then again, I'm only 4 hours in so .:V

5. Post #405
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,307 Posts
    Wow blighttowns framerate on the PS3 is awful. Glad I got in, rang some bells, and got out.

Edited:

Also that spider place had the creepiest shit I've seen in a while. Those people with giant eggs on their back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #406
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    In my opinion, you'd be a lot better off with light armor. If you can dodge and generally have enough stamina/poise (?) to withstand attacks while guarding, you be fine. Then again, I'm only 4 hours in so .:V
    I dont have enough poise to tank hits while I get mine off without my armor, I might just get the ring that makes you do silly flips and roll everywhere

7. Post #407
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,562 Posts
    Is there anyone on NG+ that could trade with a level 22? I'm looking for the Maiden's Set and I don't want to wait until I'm all the way at Anor Londo to get it.

8. Post #408
    Frequent Habbo Hotel player. PM for free furniture
    January 2010
    7,074 Posts
    I was just in blighttown, playing as normal and found a fire keepers soul. I died shortly after that and I respawned at firelink shrine, so I went down to upgrade my flasks and found that the girl who reinforces them is dead, and I got a bunch of armour and an eye. What happened to her, and more importantly how can I reinforce my flasks now?
    Lautrec happened, also there are other firekeepers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

9. Post #409
    August 2009
    2,861 Posts
    Quelaan/The Fair Lady will do estus flask reinforcement.

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,700 Posts

yay

Edited:

Even with light armor, your weapons also adds onto your weight.

I'm wearing a full Catarina set with the Zweihander, the large club and the great shied. I would know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

11. Post #411
    April 2011
    1,388 Posts
    wow so i just learned that killing andrei was a bad idea

and now i'm going to start over again

aaaaaaaaaaaa
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #412
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,929 Posts
    So, I went from Undead Burg to Darkwood Garden. I read up a little on the area and some of the shit I would be facing and everything went smoothly. I summoned a Phantom to help me out after I killed Andrei (not going to pay 20k souls for a crest) but then two invaders came in and fucked me and my phantom both promptly in the ass. Upon dying, I lost 20k souls; I went back and got fucked by Ents and now all those souls are gone forever. RIP.

Bad iPhone quality. My stats might be a little thin and my armor may not look great but I've sacrificed mobility for it. Plus, I haven't really died in the area since the enemies are generally easier to kill...
    that's what you get for killing andrei
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,900 Posts
    Yeah, you have to kill Lautrec in Anor Londo, then you can use the Fire Keeper's Soul you get from him to revive the Fire Keeper at Firelink. There is another Fire Keeper in Anor Londo that can upgrade your flasks too.
    I think the spider lady at the Daughters of Chaos can do it too.

Edited:

Fuck that was the end of the page.

Edited:

Was replying to this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,625 Posts
    This game can have all of my rage, I just can't get passed the Capra demon with my slow ass character.

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,700 Posts
    This game can have all of my rage, I just can't get passed the Capra demon with my slow ass character.
    Welp, just remove some armor and keep your shield.

Beside, I had to kill the Capra Demon with a broken Drake sword. That was pretty long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

16. Post #416
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    What is the general SL for Sen's Fortress?

Also, does cleansing my sin from the bell tower guy respawn all NPC's I've killed, such as Andre of Astora? Because I accidentally kind of hit him with my uchigatana once and he got a little mad...

God fucking dammit I just got ganked by a twink at the entrance of the fortress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #417

December 2011
    93 Posts

Also, does cleansing my sin from the bell tower guy respawn all NPC's I've killed, such as Andre of Astora? Because I accidentally kind of hit him with my uchigatana once and he got a little mad...

God fucking dammit I just got ganked by a twink at the entrance of the fortress.
    As long as you didn't kill Andre, you can cleanse your sin and he will be back to normal.

Otherwise your fucked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

18. Post #418
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    As long as you didn't kill Andre, you can cleanse your sin and he will be back to normal.

Otherwise your fucked
    God fucking dammit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #419
    January 2010
    2,723 Posts
    Well there's a smith down at the entrance to New Londo Ruins. Just go down around the right by the elevators. But you lose any chance of making divine weapons.

20. Post #420
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    Well there's a smith down at the entrance to New Londo Ruins. Just go down around the right by the elevators. But you lose any chance of making divine weapons.
    You can't even give the ember to the smith at Anor Londo? What the fuck

21. Post #421
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    9,562 Posts
    There really needs to be a better way to communicate.

I hate that we can't use microphones and gestures are really only good for pointing and greeting.

If they make another game like Demon's/Dark Souls, it better have better communication.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

22. Post #422
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,307 Posts
    That would take away from the singleplayer experience. The game does online in a subtle way and that's the only reason it works in my opinion. I wouldn't really call the souls games multiplayer, as much as I'd call it single player with some online interaction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    January 2010
    7,074 Posts
    You can't even give the ember to the smith at Anor Londo? What the fuck
    Nope you just lost the ability to create proper weapons, you should restart

24. Post #424
    April 2011
    1,388 Posts
    Is there a list of recommended soul levels for areas? I remember hitting level 21 after I got the Drake Sword in Undead Burg and I wanted to invade. What ended up happening was I got backstabbed by someone with Solaire's shield and some dagger that takes a fuckload of damage.

25. Post #425
    May 2006
    1,816 Posts
    Is there a list of recommended soul levels for areas? I remember hitting level 21 after I got the Drake Sword in Undead Burg and I wanted to invade. What ended up happening was I got backstabbed by someone with Solaire's shield and some dagger that takes a fuckload of damage.
    Here is a list i found.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

26. Post #426
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,100 Posts
    Lately I've started to kick my invaders' asses. Most of them just try to backstab me and usually lag so much they somehow pull it off. But I usually lose like 1/6 of my health per backstab and the invader dies in 3-5 hits from my Great Lord Greatsword, so I just swing at them and they die quickly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #427
    January 2010
    7,074 Posts
    Lately I've started to kick my invaders' asses. Most of them just try to backstab me and usually lag so much they somehow pull it off. But I usually lose like 1/6 of my health per backstab and the invader dies in 3-5 hits from my Great Lord Greatsword, so I just swing at them and they die quickly.
    I just molest them violently with my Gravelord sword +4

Edited:

fear the gravelord sword

28. Post #428
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,100 Posts
    I just molest them violently with my Gravelord sword +4

Edited:

fear the gravelord sword
    My sword is +5. I like it because it looks like a very normal, shitty greatsword. But when I ram it down their throat and they lose 600+ per hit I like to imagine their shocked expression.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,015 Posts
    Why does everyone kill Andre?

I only accidentally killed the guy at Firelink Shrine(the moaning bastarD) because I leaned my controller down too hard.

30. Post #430
    January 2010
    7,074 Posts
    My sword is +5. I like it because it looks like a very normal, shitty greatsword. But when I ram it down their throat and they lose 600+ per hit I like to imagine their shocked expression.
    I love the gravelord sword because as I continually bash their shit their toxic meter goes up and they must be all "oh shit oh fuck whats going on" as I fuck their shit

Dark souls has made me into an evil person

Edited:

brb gonna make sinners pay

Edited:

10 guests viewing
    smells fishy

31. Post #431
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,440 Posts
    Entering Blighttown.
    oh baboii
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

32. Post #432
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    Just ragequitted from blight town

5fps town

people pushing your dick off ledges town

toxictown

33. Post #433
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,307 Posts
    Here is a list i found.
    Wow, I haven't even been in quarter of those areas yet and I've played near 20 hours, and I thought the world was huge already.

34. Post #434
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    Nope you just lost the ability to create proper weapons, you should restart

I really am terrible at this game. This is the 4th time I've restarted

Might go and trade it in later today :smith:

I didn't even mean to hit poor Andre, I just picked up my controller accidently tapping r2 when I had my uchigatana two handed, and went to move towards him and didn't notice until it was too late.

Actually I wont turn it in, some sunbro just gave me a lightning parryingdagger +5 and a lot of sunlight medals

Also one question: Does killing the sorcer you save near Capra actually ruin anything in the gameplay? I know he drops a nice silent ring and spell and those might come in handy sometime, so why not if it doesn't anger anyone/ruin events
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #435
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    hahah FUCK YOU blighttown

Took me 4 hours but i'm never returning to you again

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts

Just a tip: don't kill most NPCs. the only one you should kill immediately is Lautrec, the rest are useful in one way or another.

also, the fact that you killed hit at all was impressive. those drop kicks hurt.

Edited:

I really am terrible at this game. This is the 4th time I've restarted

Might go and trade it in later today :smith:

I didn't even mean to hit poor Andre, I just picked up my controller accidently tapping r2 when I had my uchigatana two handed, and went to move towards him and didn't notice until it was too late.

Actually I wont turn it in, some sunbro just gave me a lightning parryingdagger +5 and a lot of sunlight medals
    Don't turn it in. And don't use the parrying dagger, just because it's lightning +5 doesn't make it good. Don't use it until you're confident in your abilities.

It took me 10+ hours before I was almost decent, and it's taken 200+ for me to be good. It takes time but the reward is totally worth it. Stick with it, sir.

Edited:

part of me wants to go buy a ps3 so i can teach you sinners a thing or two about invading

37. Post #437
    April 2011
    671 Posts
    Just a tip: don't kill most NPCs. the only one you should kill immediately is Lautrec, the rest are useful in one way or another.

also, the fact that you killed hit at all was impressive. those drop kicks hurt.

Edited:

Don't turn it in. And don't use the parrying dagger, just because it's lightning +5 doesn't make it good. Don't use it until you're confident in your abilities.

It took me 10+ hours before I was almost decent, and it's taken 200+ for me to be good. It takes time but the reward is totally worth it. Stick with it, sir.

Edited:

part of me wants to go buy a ps3 so i can teach you sinners a thing or two about invading
    Well Andre was kinda easy really, uchigatana bleed make quick work of him.

I'm actually using the dagger in my right hand for damage, I am using a 100% physical damage block sheild

Hehe, Lautrec just got raped by my dagger.

Also, can I kill the sorcerer from capra demon area who is now at firelink without any repercussions because I know he has a nice ring drop and spell that keep you quiet, and I plan on sticking with pyromancy

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2009
    15,440 Posts
    Well Andre was kinda easy really, uchigatana bleed make quick work of him.

I'm actually using the dagger in my right hand for damage, I am using a 100% physical damage block sheild

Hehe, Lautrec just got raped by my dagger.

Also, can I kill the sorcerer from capra demon area who is now at firelink without any repercussions because I know he has a nice ring drop and spell that keep you quiet, and I plan on sticking with pyromancy
    I guess at your level the dagger does decent damage.

You can, if you want. If you're not planning on sorcery, you can. I'd suggest waiting until you save Big Hat Logan from Sen's Fortress, though.

Do you have the Master Key as your gift? If not, it'll make some of it harder, but still manageable.

39. Post #439
    August 2009
    2,861 Posts
    Managed to beat Sen's Fortress yesterday without dieing once. Felt like a boss. Also saw Bruegel's "The Triumph of Death" and couldn't help but be reminded of dark souls for some reason. Probably all of the undead running around slaughtering people. You've kinda' gotta' zoom in though.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...mphofdeath.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #440
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,929 Posts
    catacombs.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)