1. Post #2121
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,687 Posts
    the level design in this game is fucking diabolical
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #2122
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,393 Posts
    the level design in this game is fucking diabolical
    It's funny because you probably haven't been in The Tomb of Giants yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

3. Post #2123
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,994 Posts
    Thinking about getting this for PS3. I loved Demons.

Debating because of the PC announcement
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #2124
    Valor
    September 2008
    18,073 Posts
    That place is so fun, love the lighting of that place.

Edited:

Thinking about getting this for PS3. I loved Demons.

Debating because of the PC announcement
    If you can wait it out sure why not, but best RPG I played in recent memory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #2125
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    8,941 Posts
    So there is a petition to make Dark Souls not use GFWL...

http://www.change.org/petitions/namc...r-windows-live
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

6. Post #2126
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    14,552 Posts
    That place is so fun, love the lighting of that place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #2127
    Valor
    September 2008
    18,073 Posts
    Maybe I got in there at a high level (60ISH?) or maybe it was cos I was Iron fucking Tarkus but that place was easy as fuck for me imo :o

Edited:

Though I did fall off once or twice

8. Post #2128
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    14,552 Posts
    It's easy provided you can see. I usually do BoC first so I can grab the sunlight maggot, then haul ass. I have the place memorized now. I can get from Firelink to dead Nito in about 15 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #2129
    Valor
    September 2008
    18,073 Posts
    Also just learnt about the real nature of the ending, now I'm depressed :(

10. Post #2130
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    14,552 Posts
    Also just learnt about the real nature of the ending, now I'm depressed :(
    What real nature and which ending? Use spoiler tags, I guess.

11. Post #2131
    CJF
    August 2006
    15,862 Posts
    It's easy provided you can see. I usually do BoC first so I can grab the sunlight maggot, then haul ass. I have the place memorized now. I can get from Firelink to dead Nito in about 15 minutes.
    Pretty easy to do if you know the shortcuts. You can get through the catacombs in less than a minute if you know how.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #2132
    Valor
    September 2008
    18,073 Posts
       For the 'Good ending' aka lighting the fire, I thought you just turned into the next Lord of flame and lead the world sort of stuff, but you actually sacrifice yourself to restart the Age of Fire. FRAMPT LIED TO ME. And also the whole deal with Anor Londo and Dark Sun Gwyndolin using you and stuff too.   

13. Post #2133
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    14,552 Posts
       For the 'Good ending' aka lighting the fire, I thought you just turned into the next Lord of flame and lead the world sort of stuff, but you actually sacrifice yourself to restart the Age of Fire. FRAMPT LIED TO ME. And also the whole deal with Anor Londo and Dark Sun Gwyndolin.   
    Frampt is an asshole. Everyone knows that.    Kaathe is the choice that's best for humanity. The Age of Fire is an age of oppression for humanity, humanity is represented as darkness. The Age of Darkness is the age when man is ruled by man, not demons.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2134
    Valor
    September 2008
    18,073 Posts
    I didn't even know who Kaathe was ;_;

15. Post #2135
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,393 Posts
    Both Kaathe and Frampt are dicks who try to manipulate you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

16. Post #2136
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    17,651 Posts
    Y'know, this might sound weird, but to me the Age of Fire seems similar to how we are kept dependant on fossil fuels by tycoons. Both involve higher powers using dark fuel to maintain dominance over the world, the main difference being that coal and oil are exploited mainly for money and economic superiority.

Also, what do you think we could expect from the next addition to the Souls series, other than hardcore "ready to die" kinda difficulty?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #2137
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    14,552 Posts
    i don't know about you, but i'd kill for a more medival setting with more npcs and armies and stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #2138
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    262 Posts
    Y'know, this might sound weird, but to me the Age of Fire seems similar to how we are kept dependant on fossil fuels by tycoons. Both involve higher powers using dark fuel to maintain dominance over the world, the main difference being that coal and oil are exploited mainly for money and economic superiority.

Also, what do you think we could expect from the next addition to the Souls series, other than hardcore "ready to die" kinda difficulty?
    Die once, start the game over. Invasions would be way more nerve wracking!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #2139
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    6,822 Posts
    What's a good level for the Anor Londo bosses, Fuck that fat ass and his Partner
    I'm 53 and there cutting me to pieces, Need to find humanity....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

20. Post #2140
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    14,552 Posts
    Somewhere around there is fine.

If you have pyromancy it's a lot easier. Basically just run around a lot until the small one is far enough away from the big one so you can hit Orn a few times. Repeat until he dies. Mega-Smough is easy, just roll a lot.

21. Post #2141
    January 2010
    2,698 Posts
    To make it more fair, I'd think that you'd be constantly human but free from invasions. Right when you start and you're invaded by a BB glitcher, you're fucked.

22. Post #2142
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    17,651 Posts
    I dunno about it being as standard, but as an option to toggle when starting a new game, it'd be cool. In circumstances where death results in severe consequences, it's important for such deaths to be easily knowable; with each death you need to know that the deaths were your own fault, and not a cheap death like a critical failure dependant on a diceroll.

In my view, having permadeath as standard, as in it can't be toggled, should work best with short experiences, like a short campaign that doesn't take too long to complete, similar to how the ever-popular Binding of Isaac works. If someone wants to put on permadeath in a long-stretch campaign, if they think they can handle the increased importance of staying alive in a difficult environment, then they can do that, but have it as an option.

Regardless of my views, having a Hardcore option for Next Souls would be a cool thing. OR, here's a similar option that goes back to an ancient tradition of yore; Lives. Each death would cost you a life, and dying with no lives would be the end of you. One could find items in the world that constitute as 1-Ups, allowing you to give yourself more chances at success; or perhaps Humanity could act as lives.

Do you think having limited lives would be a welcome challenge to the Souls games, or are limited lives an old mechanic that have had their day?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #2143
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,548 Posts
    I would love to do a Ironman of this, But the only thing preventing me from doing that is Ceaseless Discharge and Bed of Fucking Chaos.

I just done the Bed of Chaos a while ago, There was 4 times where i got up and close to the "core" of the thing and the fucker performs a fire AOE attack that covers the entire branch tunnel. Pretty much killing me instantly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #2144
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    17,651 Posts
    Yes, i've heard that the Bed of Chaos has drawn ire from many a player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #2145
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,055 Posts
    So, I wanted to know what the community's all around thoughts are on the Dark Wood Grain Ring? I do know that it's hated when used in conjunction with Havel's Ring (To be completely honest, I used to do this, but never invaded anyone. Either way, I've since stopped), but what about when it is used on it's own?

26. Post #2146
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    17,651 Posts
    What is this "Dark Wood Grain Ring"? Does it decrease equipment burden like Havel's Ring?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #2147
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,055 Posts
    Lets you do ninja flips (Shown at 0:45)

If I remember correctly, all it does is cover more space (And looks cooler).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #2148
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,184 Posts
    Lets you do ninja flips (Shown at 0:45)
    If I remember correctly, all it does is cover more space (And looks cooler).

It also has a longer invincibility time compared to being under 25% equip weight.

29. Post #2149
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,548 Posts
    All i need to do is get 5 weapons for the Knights Honor achivement and Resist Curse from Ingward and i have all the Sorcerys, Miracle's and Pryo's for my Witch character. And i have myself a few Slabs too for even more achivements, closer to getting them all. The downside however...

Siegmeyer died on me however, FUCK!!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #2150
    May 2008
    878 Posts
    Just killed Nito (Which in itself is pretty much easier than going through catacombs, giants tomb etc)
    Celebrated by dressing up as Iron Tarkus and killing everything from the undead burg to the beginning of blighttown.
    I was stuck at the bonfire before Nito, until I just grinded on the first skele-dog thingy until I had like, 100k souls and I leveled up like, 4 times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2151
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,794 Posts
    What is this "Dark Wood Grain Ring"? Does it decrease equipment burden like Havel's Ring?
    It's a ring the lets you do cartwheels. Also, if you are at 50% burden, it will act as if you are at 25% burden and give you the fast roll.

32. Post #2152
    June 2010
    307 Posts
    So, I wanted to know what the community's all around thoughts are on the Dark Wood Grain Ring? I do know that it's hated when used in conjunction with Havel's Ring (To be completely honest, I used to do this, but never invaded anyone. Either way, I've since stopped), but what about when it is used on it's own?
    Honestly, as long as you aren't BB glitching and invading players who are just started, you really shouldn't feel guilty or embarassed for using something the developpers put in the game. I highly doubt anybody here is going to bitch at you for using a family mask, DWGR, hornet ring and a BGKA.

If all you ever do is fish for backstabs then sure, that's frowned upon. But it really bugs me when people start to feel guilty for using what works best for them, simply because some people say it's OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #2153
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,184 Posts
    That's twice now that as a Darkmoon Covenant member, I have been backstabbed whilst bowing to my opponent.

Edited:

And now I accidentally killed the girl in the catacombs while killing her hollowed friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #2154
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,357 Posts
    That's twice now that as a Darkmoon Covenant member, I have been backstabbed whilst bowing to my opponent.

Edited:

And now I accidentally killed the girl in the catacombs while killing her hollowed friends.
    general tip: don't bow in invasions, they aren't supposed to be fair fighting

bowing should be done in actual duels, of course people are going to do everything to kill you when you come into their game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #2155
    Valor
    September 2008
    18,073 Posts
    Wanted to spend my cracked red eye orbs on my new character, on my last go I invaded this obvious twink in Undead Burg, I wanted to give him some humanities cos I felt like being nice. He picks them up, doesn't fight me so I decided to give him so more stuff, like the Black knight sword (Making a DEX character anyway) and we go around town with him killing everything and me emoting behind them.
    He's about to go fight the Taurus demon, so I show him the Twinkling maggot, and he bows and gives me 6 fucking Titanite slabs and goes back to the bonfire and jumps off after bowing before I could.
    Brofist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #2156
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,794 Posts
    This is odd...

I've had 3 people invade my forest and all they do is just stand there. It's a pain having to go to THEM just to kill them.

Oh well, the souls are nice.

37. Post #2157
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    337 Posts
    Honestly, as long as you aren't BB glitching and invading players who are just started, you really shouldn't feel guilty or embarassed for using something the developpers put in the game. I highly doubt anybody here is going to bitch at you for using a family mask, DWGR, hornet ring and a BGKA.

If all you ever do is fish for backstabs then sure, that's frowned upon. But it really bugs me when people start to feel guilty for using what works best for them, simply because some people say it's OP.
    BB glitch invading is the worst part about low-level online play, but it can be used for some goofy shit too. I invaded undead burg with Havel's ring and a full Black Knight set, trying my best to mimic the way the Black Knight NPCs interact with the player, and overusing the abysmal R2 move with the Black Knight sword. It was great fun. I killed nobody.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

38. Post #2158
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,794 Posts
    best kill 2012 right here.

So I get invaded in the forest and the guy spawns in right behind me. I back away and use Tranquil Walk of Peace while he throws something at me. I use a few Great Lightning Spears but he managed to get behind a tree, so only one of my lightning spears hit him. We both used Wrath of God at the same time and he only had a little bit of health left.
    So as he runs of I start to cast Great Lightning Spear again, and my lock on goes away when he gets far enough, but he ran right into some water and my lightning spear aimed directly at the puddle of water, causing the entire thing to become electrified and killed him.

I never thought I'd actually be able to pull something like that off, but I did.

Edited:

I really hate to be a wrath of god spammer, but when you have two phantoms attacking you, what else can you do?

39. Post #2159
    CJF
    August 2006
    15,862 Posts
    This is odd...

I've had 3 people invade my forest and all they do is just stand there. It's a pain having to go to THEM just to kill them.

Oh well, the souls are nice.
    Read about this last night. Apparently it's a sneaky way of idling souls.

Because invading via the Cat Covenant Ring will not remove souls or humanity when you die, you can idle with the ring on, constantly invading without losing anything. However if you've invaded someone and the host dies from another phantom or other means, then you get their souls. Usually this is done combined with the Ring of Fog. Apparently idling for 1-2 days will normally net you a ton of souls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #2160
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,794 Posts
    Wait what?

If you idle with that Cat Covenant Ring, then you'll be invading people's worlds and they'll be the ones getting souls, not you.

How does this work?