1. Post #41
    August 2009
    9 Posts
    Great stuff, looking forward to the release.

What about creating 2 Explosion effects for the Nuclear Bomb? One for the ground, and another explosion effect, if it explodes in water?

[I don't know if thats possible with Lua..]

2. Post #42
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Well if you check the earlier posts you'll know that I've added the water/land dependant particles.
    But since I'm not that great coder they don't seem to work but I'll try to fix that.
    Also I don't think we'll have a nuke :P At the moment the only nuclear bomb is the nuclear bunker buster, but it's pretty much a tactical nuke.

Apart from that I'm working on bombs like daisy cutter or tomahawk missile.

You've got some rockets too, and frag grenades for boobytraps.

Don't forget about smoke grenades and flashbangs :P

The grenades won't be sweps. I see their use in traps and minefields mostly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    Could you do a smoke mortar round? And possible a mortar launcher?

4. Post #44
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Could you do a smoke mortar round? And possible a mortar launcher?
    There is a smoke grenade. As for launchers, I will leave that to people's imagination :P

5. Post #45
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    May 2009
    3,366 Posts
    looking good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    For stuff like the powder kegs, will you bring back explosion scaling? e.g. more powder = a bigger single explosion instead of multiple standard sized ones.

8. Post #48
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    For stuff like the powder kegs, will you bring back explosion scaling? e.g. more powder = a bigger single explosion instead of multiple standard sized ones.
    Nope, that was Teta Bonitas code, I'm now running all on my own stuff and I don't want to overcomplicate it with scaling :P That, plus I don't know if the effect scaling would be possible since I'm using the orangebox particles that are generally not so lua controlled.

9. Post #49
    Chase827's Bitch
    January 2012
    4,200 Posts
    Have you thought on Claymores with tripwires?

10. Post #50
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Have you thought on Claymores with tripwires?
    Nope, claymores are regular gbombs now, but when I'll add wire support you should be able to easily make them work like a mine.

11. Post #51
    July 2010
    168 Posts
    Progress?

12. Post #52

May 2012
    39 Posts
    Can you put this on an svn so we can experimient with the code, And possibly contribute with IEDs ? :p

13. Post #53
    January 2008
    70 Posts
    Mate, you sould really get custom explosion sounds ;) Your work is impressive tho! Hope to se some big-bombs-badass!

14. Post #54
    April 2010
    1,467 Posts
    I hope this is still alive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    May 2009
    3,366 Posts
    Well I was suppose to be making a bunch of models for him recently and I have simply not had time. If I am part of the delay in any way sorry about that I will see what if I can get the made soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Fear not Alex, this project is of course not dead, but I'm having some problems with particle editor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Good news, managed to get particle editor working. Also a bit of progress -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 2Zing Zing x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,097 Posts
    Good news, managed to get particle editor working. Also a bit of progress -
    What are your plans for this when Gmod 13 is released?

19. Post #59
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    What are your plans for this when Gmod 13 is released?
    Well at the moment I have this semi stable bomb base, and I expect it to break when Gmod 13 is out.
    I'll fix it and finish the mod when Gmod 13 goes out.

20. Post #60
    September 2008
    257 Posts
    Really like the particles :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Hey guys, I've ported my stuff to gmod 13.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,194 Posts
    Neat!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    New stuff up guys!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    March 2011
    56 Posts
    When there will be any download? This looks much more awesome than Gbombs3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    When there will be any download? This looks much more awesome than Gbombs3.
    Yeah I'll try to finish a few more entities and let you people try it out soon.

Also new stuff. Please don't mind the birds turning into charples :P

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 2Lua King Lua King x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 4Lua King Lua King x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    April 2012
    329 Posts
    Awesome.

28. Post #68
    August 2011
    117 Posts
    This looks awesome and i cant wait, but is there anyway to fix the particles of gbombs3?

29. Post #69
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Forget about gbombs 3, hold on tight because 4 is going to be out soon.

If any of you guys have some contraptions like vehicles or buildings then you are welcome to send them to me as we're in need of stuff to blow up for the trailer

Also daisy cutter

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,128 Posts
    Forget about gbombs 3, hold on tight because 4 is going to be out soon.

If any of you guys have some contraptions like vehicles or buildings then you are welcome to send them to me as we're in need of stuff to blow up for the trailer

Also daisy cutter

Awesome job Failure! You sure don't live up to your name!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Awesome job Failure! You sure don't live up to your name!
    Thanks <3

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #72
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,194 Posts
    That looks awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,352 Posts
    So how soon is soon, exactly?

Also: you are a god at making particles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    So how soon is soon, exactly?

Also: you are a god at making particles.
    I'm happy you like my effects :3
    As for the release date, I'd like to publish it as soon as possible, but we still have lot's of stuff to do.
    At the moment the biggest problem are models, but we're getting there.

I'll release the pack with basic entities, and later on we will release an addon containing more rockets and tank/artillery projectiles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    August 2011
    117 Posts
    Good job so far. I cant wait!

36. Post #76
    March 2011
    56 Posts
    I like the effect of being ragdolled after explosion in fuel-air bomb vid, where I can get this? :D Don't give up on creating these bombs - awesome work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #77
    I'm the only black guy on The Internet huh?
    March 2012
    859 Posts
    I like the effect of being ragdolled after explosion in fuel-air bomb vid, where I can get this? :D Don't give up on creating these bombs - awesome work!
    It's a camera that is affected by explosions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #78
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Yes it was just the camera being unwelded and them pushed by the explosion :P

39. Post #79
    October 2008
    1,442 Posts
    Got ammo boxes done guys. Gotta tweak the effect a bit though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    2,128 Posts
    Got ammo boxes done guys. Gotta tweak the effect a bit though.
    Whats wrong with the effect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)