1. Post #961
    March 2010
    845 Posts
    I started a new game in HOI3 being USSR again. I normally just make the country's a puppet. Because when I annex them they always start rebelling. How can I stop this. Do I just have to keep troops in their country, because I cba to do that

My idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

2. Post #962
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    Hey guys is this normal?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #963
    April 2008
    1,383 Posts
    Hey guys is this normal?

Pretty much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #964
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,766 Posts
    Hey guys is this normal?

Yeah, I had a game where Algiers invaded Shawnee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #965
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    My current game has half of africa at war with the Creek and Incans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #966
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,018 Posts
    Hey guys is this normal?

Perfectly normal. Don't be surprised to see other countries like the Papal State and Austria getting a slice of the new world either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #967
    I pushed my dad off the stairs and all I got was he came back
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    Hey guys is this normal?

Yes. It's Paradox programming. Don't be suprised of Peru and all the South American countries like Brazil end up in Africa.

Also, Breton?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #968
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,672 Posts
    Yes. It's Paradox programming. Don't be suprised of Peru and all the South American countries like Brazil end up in Africa.

Also, Breton?
    Brittany.

Edited:

My last game I was playing... Brandenburg>Prussia>Germany.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

9. Post #969
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,018 Posts

Also, Breton?

Averagegameofeu3.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #970
    April 2008
    1,383 Posts

Averagegameofeu3.jpg
    Just the fact that Canada is in its somewhat historical position makes this particular game pretty strange
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

11. Post #971
    Here I sit, I am elated, Came to shit, Ejaculated
    December 2010
    907 Posts
    Just the fact that Canada is in its somewhat historical position makes this particular game pretty strange
    USA is in its historical location too. Or at least that's what the British told me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #972
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts

Progress as Bavaria, I think I am doing alright for my first playthrough. (Also note I nabbed a city in India) I allied with Bohemia and the Hanse, and both of them are simply terrifying. The population of Luebeck increased by a factor of 50 in a mere 180 years.

Edited:

Also when is the best time to leave the HRE? I am not too sure if I should or not, especially as my colonies in the New World grow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #973
    April 2009
    2,212 Posts
    I'm surprised Bohemia managed to grow THAT much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #974
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    I'm surprised Bohemia managed to grow THAT much.
    I'm more surprised that the Hanseatic league managed to take over Denmark, much of Northern Germany, set up colonies in every continent minus Australia, took over Southern India and then built up a massive naval and military presence.

IRL in the late Middle Ages it declined massively, amazingly managing to hang on until the formation of the German Empire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #975
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    USA is in its historical location too. Or at least that's what the British told me.
    Not existing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #976
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,013 Posts
    I want a way to spectate a EU3 game. I want to watch the world without having to worry about anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

17. Post #977
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    I want a way to spectate a EU3 game. I want to watch the world without having to worry about anything.
    You could probably play as Japan (The Emperor) and then just watch shit fly.

18. Post #978
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,846 Posts
    Play as Japan and use the console "decision" command for the various westernisation decisions, should reveal the world and Europe to you.

As tempting as it may be, don't use the ti command. It will reveal the entire map for EVERYONE, meaning anyone with a coastal province and good enough tech can colonise the Americas whenever they want. Makes for a fun game, but a bit messed up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

19. Post #979
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    You could probably play as Japan (The Emperor) and then just watch shit fly.
    I remember once I tried playing as Japan. Couldn't do shit. Oh well, open console, annex a daimyo and-
    The Shogun annexes it.

20. Post #980
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,018 Posts
    Avignon and Cyprus, both are good speculation countries since nobody cares about you much at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #981
    It happened to me at least twice that Kongo was in northeastern Asia, somewhere around the area where Mongol Khanate is. I still don't understand how could this possibly happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

22. Post #982
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,871 Posts
    Jesus Christ the warfare system in EUIII and Victoria 2 is complete shit.

The random dice-roll crap always ends up in the enemies favor for me, even on the easiest difficutly. It's a bunch of crap. Are battles in real-life randomly decided? No! Then why are they like that in the game?

I really wish someone could adapt something like EUIII into Darkest Hour or something. The combat in that game was infinitely better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #983
    March 2010
    845 Posts
    Okay I created a new game going to kill everyone

EASY EASY

Hmmm wonder where these troops are moving

I am not going to make the same mistake as Stalin, Finland is one of the first to go.

I don't know whether to invade Poland or Hungary I don't want Germany to invade me but I don't Germany to get Poland.
    hmmmm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #984
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,013 Posts
    Why is your flag black?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #985
    March 2010
    845 Posts
    Why is your flag black?
    I don't know all of them are. I just reinstalled from steam and this happened

26. Post #986
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,013 Posts
    I don't know all of them are. I just reinstalled from steam and this happened
    Try going to hearts of iron 3\gfx\flags and delete flagfiles.txt and .tga and launch the game again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #987
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,871 Posts
    So, um, The Golden Horde is becoming really, really, insanely huge.

They are already attacking Poland and it seems likely they'll be at my borders soon (Brandenburg), so how do I stop them? I do have a fairly large military, but I'm certain theirs is massive. Bohemia and Austria are here and Bohemia is the Emperor of the HRE, and we are allied, but the Golden Horde is really, really huge.

Help me.

28. Post #988
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,686 Posts
    I started a new game in HOI3 being USSR again. I normally just make the country's a puppet. Because when I annex them they always start rebelling. How can I stop this. Do I just have to keep troops in their country, because I cba to do that
    Put a unit of 1 Military Police/1 Garrison on each victory point tile in the country you annexed then keep 1-3 2 Militia units on the resource tiles or nearby them. That is provided they are not near the front line, in which case you should be using a unit something like 2 Infantry/1 Military Police and perhaps 1 Anti-Air or Anti-tank depending on the situation. Finally, if you have the resources or just don't care put a unit of 1 Motorised/1 Light tank around to make the process quicker

The Military police will lower the revolt risk nearby them, and if you keep them upgraded enough they should be able to halt it all together, remember though, they can only move at the speed of a garrison so don't go attaching them to units you expect will be mopping up dissent.

29. Post #989
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts

They are already attacking Poland and it seems likely they'll be at my borders soon (Brandenburg), so how do I stop them? I do have a fairly large military, but I'm certain theirs is massive. Bohemia and Austria are here and Bohemia is the Emperor of the HRE, and we are allied, but the Golden Horde is really, really huge.

Help me.

Golden horde

Prepare your anus

30. Post #990
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,871 Posts
    Golden horde

Prepare your anus
    Thanks for the advice...

31. Post #991
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,018 Posts
    Golden Horde doomstacks means nothing when you (should) have quality, technologically advanced army tech and generals.

Just hang tight and pray to God that they get a TSC, which means they get rebels in every non-cored province and pretenders everywhere else, and they'll start crumbling in no time.

32. Post #992
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    I still hate the fact that in CK2 ships are worthless. I thought in my first playthrough my nation could become a naval power and defend with them, but nope.

33. Post #993
    Here I sit, I am elated, Came to shit, Ejaculated
    December 2010
    907 Posts

Help me.
    Give their Khan a heart attack, that should save the western world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

34. Post #994
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,846 Posts
    I still hate the fact that in CK2 ships are worthless. I thought in my first playthrough my nation could become a naval power and defend with them, but nope.
    Naval warfare was pretty shit in those days. Siege engines, bows, grapples and boarding parties, ramming if you're adventurous, they couldn't really fight as well as after gunpowder. It's like trying for air supremacy with biplanes.

35. Post #995
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    I just dislike the fact that there's no naval combat AT ALL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #996
    September 2011
    304 Posts
    Ships are not worthless at all. They transport troops 5x quicker than walking. I do agree that they should be able to fight. Also they should add cannons later on in the game.

37. Post #997
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,013 Posts
    I for the heck of it, I started a HOI3 game, For The Motherland, latest Betapatch. let it run overnight. The game crashed sometime in July 1945, so I loaded up my latest auto save (set to monthly) and this is what I saw

Europe Under Fascist Control, including almost all of the UK

Germany has nearly no troops in Mainland Europe. The Soviet Union could make a bit of ground before reinforcements arrive.

Africa is being 'liberated' by the Americans and Portuguese

The Middle East is loosing ground to Germany

Positive light, China and her Allies are pushing back Japan

Edited:

Meh, I got tired of waiting. I made the SU declare war around September 1945, January 1946 Ireland joined the allies and is trying to liberate the British Isles

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #998
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    Japan somehow annexed United Kingdomn by 1940.

All those springboards into America, Japan I am jealous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #999
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    Thanks for the advice...
    They're a nomad, you're western. You'll fuck them up. Don't forget to use your spies.

40. Post #1000

April 2010
    2,739 Posts
    Are you in the wrong thread by any chance?
    I couldn't find a War of the Roses thread, and it's being published by Paradox so I thought maybe some of the people here are interested in it. I guess not