1. Post #81
    June 2010
    3,622 Posts
    It's about one inch in depth, and about 3 inches across. The proper term for it is 'pectus excavatum'. I don't know the severity cause I haven't been to a doctor and I don't plan on going to one about it. And yeah, I plan on getting chest muscle so it doesn't look as bad.

After looking through google images, I feel a bit better because jesus christ some of those are scary as hell
    I have the same thing. It causes a very minor leak in one of the artery/veins going into my heart. Nothing sever. And by the size of yours, I'd say you're fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #82
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    I find it really weird how people completely fail to be able to comprehend and obey simple orders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Fuck, my college has a really stupid system and I ended up missing out on an entire semester. Looks like I'm gonna have to sacrifice my summer to get my 15 credits. I regret not finishing high school normally, I would've been able to join in 3 months from now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    342 Posts
    To everyone in this thread currently or previously enlisted in the Air Force:

I would like information on your job and what it's like on a day-to-day basis, as well as info on where you're stationed/your experience at tech school. Preferably PM'd to me.

Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,229 Posts
    To everyone in this thread currently or previously enlisted in the Air Force:

I would like information on your job and what it's like on a day-to-day basis, as well as info on where you're stationed/your experience at tech school. Preferably PM'd to me.

Thank you.
    I'd love some of that as well, would be a huge help!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,674 Posts
    Trying to get into U.S Naval Academy. Anyone here know anyone who went?

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,032 Posts
    Started Air Force Cadets today, and it's surprisingly fun.

Although military protocol is a bit weird. ie having to wear a collared shirt inside a Mess Hall.
    Air Force Academy?

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,289 Posts
    Friendly reminder to all actually following the thread and may have missed the first post I've been in the Air Force for almost 3 years and can help you with almost any types of questions you have. If I don't know a question, I can do my best to figure it out. PM me and questions you may have.

9. Post #89
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    why does afjrotc wear the gay dress blue uniform
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    November 2009
    2,042 Posts
    Half the reason i quit it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #91

November 2010
    375 Posts
    I just enlisted and am awaiting to go to boot camp in July. 94 Echo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    Don't Worry, I'm a Marine
    October 2005
    3,019 Posts
    Cause its related to the airforce, thus stemming from gay roots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    I take offense to that.

The Air Force isn't NEARLY as gay as the navy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    November 2009
    2,042 Posts
    I take offense to that.

they sure do love there phalluses

lots of seamen on a big metal phallus that shoots smaller penetrating phalluses
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,289 Posts
    Cheap shot everyone know the navy is WAY more gay the the Air Force. You're just mad cause most of the hot girls join our branch.

However they're all medical and you and me should both be mad since they normally avoid flightline all together and the ones who make it get fucked more then wrenches get turned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,618 Posts
    Chair Force

But in all seriousness:

Having looked at Marine MOSsesses, I found that I'd be best fit for Infantry, Food Service or Infantry.

I hope I get Food Service, I can't shoot worth shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,040 Posts
    I'm in afjrotc :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    October 2005
    3,019 Posts
    Cheap shot everyone know the navy is WAY more gay the the Air Force. You're just mad cause most of the hot girls join our branch.

However they're all medical and you and me should both be mad since they normally avoid flightline all together and the ones who make it get fucked more then wrenches get turned.
    The majority of the navy is pretty gay, but corpsman/aircrew/SEALS have the marines respect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,068 Posts
    Uncle Jimmemaa is there anything you can recomend to me to prepare for Basic Training?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

20. Post #100
    October 2005
    3,019 Posts
    Uncle Jimmemaa is there anything you can recomend to me to prepare for Basic Training?
    Lots of running, crunches, and pull ups. Learn your general orders and some basic history of the marine corps.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,068 Posts
    Lots of running, crunches, and pull ups. Learn your general orders and some basic history of the marine corps.
    Alright I'll keep doing that my last IST I got a 9:32 mile and a half run time and 15 pullups and 85 crunches. I've got some room for improvement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,674 Posts
    Anyone know anything about the service academies?

23. Post #103
    HEY GUYS DID I MENTION I'M IN THE ARMY
    March 2006
    3,296 Posts
    I'm in afjrotc :(
    Don't worry man, I did four years of AFJROTC. I am a PFC in the army now because of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,506 Posts
    I take offense to that.

Since when did the Navy start being the gay thing.

25. Post #105
    October 2005
    3,019 Posts
    Since when did the Navy start being the gay thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,178 Posts
    The majority of the navy is pretty gay, but corpsman/aircrew/SEALS have the marines respect.
    rah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    March 2009
    2,907 Posts
    I really want to be a pilot. I know, I know, everyone in the air force wants to be a pilot. But I have the sort of hardheaded determination that I will do my best to be one.
    I really want to fly A10's, and I know that you have to be at the top of Flight School to get first dibs. I am also really good with aircraft and learning the mechanics and such- DCS A10C is my favorite game of all time, thanks to the fidelity.
    My only problem is that I have horrid vision. 20/80. I know you can get Lasik, but will they look at that? I wanted to do ROTC, but I think you have to be a certain age before you can get Lasik. However, since I plan to do ROTC I am afraid they might record my poor vision since I will be 18 at that time.
    Would they update it when I graduated college and went into Flight School? Or would I be unable to ever fly for the AF?

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    342 Posts
    Just got back from MEPs. It was hell.

I am now an American airman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19 (list)

29. Post #109
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,618 Posts

Internet fist-bump
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,426 Posts

Got a ship date?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    342 Posts
    Got a ship date?
    Nah not yet. Don't even have my AFSC yet. Crossing my fingers for one of those many intelligence jobs I listed

32. Post #112
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Just watched a documentary on Youtube about Recon Marines (Surviving the Cut), and I've gotta say: that looks hard as fuck. Oh well, more glory and feeling good about myself in the end!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #113
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,629 Posts
    Just watched a documentary on Youtube about Recon Marines (Surviving the Cut), and I've gotta say: that looks hard as fuck. Oh well, more glory and feeling good about myself in the end!
    If you were thinking about going recon I would go 0311 first but iirc all the 03xx MOSs are closed

34. Post #114
    March 2009
    2,907 Posts
    <snip>
    I posted in the wrong tab *facepalm*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    President of the Westboro Baptist Church Fan Club
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,084 Posts
    Do you really need to remember the General Orders of a Sentry for the Marines? I can't even begin to remember them. Any tips?

36. Post #116
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    If you were thinking about going recon I would go 0311 first but iirc all the 03xx MOSs are closed
    I don't think they're closed, they're just cutting down so it'll be harder to get and stay in.

Edited:

After looking around a bit, it looks like infantry will be the most affected, there's a better chance of getting into recon than infantry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,426 Posts
    Nah not yet. Don't even have my AFSC yet. Crossing my fingers for one of those many intelligence jobs I listed
    Good luck. Took me about a month to get my job and date. Nothing you can do now other then wait and hope you don't get screwed over.

I'm in a facebook group with a bunch of other April shippers, and one of the guys just got bumped from his intel job. Apparently some bad credit history cropped up that didn't show up on the original credit check
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    342 Posts
    Good luck. Took me about a month to get my job and date. Nothing you can do now other then wait and hope you don't get screwed over.

I'm in a facebook group with a bunch of other April shippers, and one of the guys just got bumped from his intel job. Apparently some bad credit history cropped up that didn't show up on the original credit check
    WHAT IF WE GO TO BASIC TOGETHER AND DON'T EVEN REALIZE IT

What is your name?

39. Post #119
    February 2011
    491 Posts
    I really want to be a pilot. I know, I know, everyone in the air force wants to be a pilot. But I have the sort of hardheaded determination that I will do my best to be one.
    I really want to fly A10's, and I know that you have to be at the top of Flight School to get first dibs. I am also really good with aircraft and learning the mechanics and such- DCS A10C is my favorite game of all time, thanks to the fidelity.
    My only problem is that I have horrid vision. 20/80. I know you can get Lasik, but will they look at that? I wanted to do ROTC, but I think you have to be a certain age before you can get Lasik. However, since I plan to do ROTC I am afraid they might record my poor vision since I will be 18 at that time.
    Would they update it when I graduated college and went into Flight School? Or would I be unable to ever fly for the AF?
    Someone else, or a recruiter, would be a much better person to answer this than me, but whatever. From what I think I know, if your vision is really really bad, you can't fly, even if you get it Lasik'd. I'm not sure what the cutoff point is, so that would be something to look up.

Otherwise, mad props for wanting to fly the world's coolest plane.

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,373 Posts
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airfo...pilotlasik.htm

I think you're clear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events