1. Post #241
    Blue Member
    October 2006
    9,522 Posts
    that sounds hilarious to watch, have you ever asked anyone else who works there about how it got there?
    Asked my boss once, he just kinda shrugged and chuckled.

Mind you, it's not like, a medieval sword. More of a uh... Rather long and slim machete.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    Asked my boss once, he just kinda shrugged and chuckled.

Mind you, it's not like, a medieval sword. More of a uh... Rather long and slim machete.
    ah, ok. I was imagining some old scottish claymore or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    My job is so fucking unbelievable. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breathe.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career oppertunities are endless, and yet she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive by the hardware store, she moans like a cat in heat.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the fucking stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big fucking dog to work. Every fucking day I have to look at this huge dog walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger King, every single fucking day.

Anyway, I drive these fucktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 134Winner x 19Late x 12Dumb x 2Useful x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    My job is so fucking unbelievable. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breathe.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career oppertunities are endless, and yet she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive by the hardware store, she moans like a cat in heat.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the fucking stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big fucking dog to work. Every fucking day I have to look at this huge dog walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger King, every single fucking day.

Anyway, I drive these fucktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and shit.
    you had me there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 106 (list)

5. Post #245
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,617 Posts

Jinkies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 55Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,673 Posts
    And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for the fact that this is a copy-pasta!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 44 (list)

7. Post #247
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    still good, and properly threw me off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 36 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,991 Posts
    Well, today was certainly a long day.

Left the house to go to work at 12:30pm. Get stuck in traffic on the highway 3 miles from work; end up having the freeway completely shut down for 1 1/2 hours. Arrive at work at 2:45pm. End up staying late that night sending out shipment to other stores; don't leave until 12:40am.

So, a 1-9:30pm shift turned into a 2:45-12:40am shift. Long. Freakin'. Day. Can't help thinking that the entire day was quite literally wasted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

9. Post #249
    Dennab
    February 2012
    229 Posts

medal of honor 3+ is awarded to you man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Winner Winner x 26Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    April 2009
    886 Posts
    I signed up to read Dr.Seuss to kids for 2 hours at my job. Basically getting paid to sit on my ass and read a bunch of 10 page books. I work at Target by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13Winner Winner x 3 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,593 Posts

{img with a man offering some "delicious copypasta"}

Still funny though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #252
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,952 Posts
    I signed up to read Dr.Seuss to kids for 2 hours at my job. Basically getting paid to sit on my ass and read a bunch of 10 page books. I work at Target by the way.
    I work at Target too!

They read to kids at Target?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    April 2009
    886 Posts
    I work at Target too!

They read to kids at Target?
    I think it's just to advertise the lorax movie or something. Not sure if all Target stores are doing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,952 Posts
    I work at a Not-So-Super-Target.

It's not a Super Target. It's a regular Target but we have produce and a food court. So it's Not-So-Super.

I work on Flow Team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #255
    Dennab
    January 2012
    953 Posts
    I work at a sperm bank.
    I cum in your cum.
    I don't give a fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 9Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    July 2009
    2,257 Posts
    thats not retail
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    POLITICAN
    Dennab
    August 2008
    7,023 Posts
    Boss is extremely pissed after telling him i was going to be late for a funeral that i already told him about a week prior that i'd be a tiny bit later as my fiancee was really destroyed by the funeral.

He tells me not to come in since theres only 3 hours left in my shift then texts me 30 minutes later, you coming or not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Funny Funny x 3 (list)

18. Post #258
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,080 Posts
    Budweiser recently changed their label. Naturally this is causing no end of confusion on the customer's behalf.

I've had everything from "is this the new flavour?" to "I should get a discount on the old labels because obviously the old stuff is past its sell-by date" to "I liked the old cans better, stock them more."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #259
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    8,033 Posts
    Budweiser recently changed their label. Naturally this is causing no end of confusion on the customer's behalf.

I've had everything from "is this the new flavour?" to "I should get a discount on the old labels because obviously the old stuff is past its sell-by date" to "I liked the old cans better, stock them more."
    Jesus, usually if I can't find something I usually buy, or they've changed or whatever, I just let it go and not worry about it. Seems like people can be so damn self-centered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,604 Posts

Holy shit they actually changed it. i'll never look at buds the same way again

21. Post #261
    November 2011
    723 Posts

Now if only they'd change it to not taste like canned bear piss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 12Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #262
    April 2009
    1,016 Posts
    Now if only they'd change it to not taste like canned bear piss.
    Blue Moon is where it's at. Pricewise.

Hoegaarden is my absolute alltime favorite though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

23. Post #263
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts

New label, same pisswater taste.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    2,382 Posts
    I worked in retail for 8 months. Every weekend I was there, doing my thing. I know what you guys go through. Working on the holidays was the worst. Once I worked on Easter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Guys, I've fallen in love with a shopping cart. I was at Publix getting shit, this shopping cart was so perfect. It had no wobbly wheels, no bumps on the wheels, wasn't sticky, dirty, or wet. It only had a bit of rust on the bottom shelf thing.

It handled like a new sports car, I could control it with my pinky.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 65Winner x 7Artistic x 2Optimistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,053 Posts
    Had a weird experience a couple of weeks back. It was around 20:45 (the store closes at 21:00) and there were no customers. Some guy wearing biking gear (covering most of his face) came into the store, so my boss asked him if he could take off the stuff covering his face before he entered the store the next time (there's been some robberies in nearby stores lately). He said "No, because the only people who commit robbery are the police because they need to have something to do to avoid being fired." He then goes on to talk about how being talked to by the police was "death", and mumbled something about donkeys when he left the store.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 38 (list)

27. Post #267
    November 2009
    1,813 Posts
    New label, same pisswater taste.
    ??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    Blue Member
    October 2006
    9,522 Posts
    So, working at a restour-... Place that serves and prepares food as a che-... Coo-... Grill-boy/wai-... Serv-... Uh... Phone-lady-man, I must say this... Don't bring your fucking spawn with you to pick up pizza. Mother of fuck, do I hate it when people bring kids. Why?

Age 0-3: Cries. All the time. Being someone with good parenting genes, it seems, this just... Pisses me off. Make. Your kid. Stop whining. It's triggering my momma-instincts to make the litte shitsack fucking shut up and be happy.
    Age 4-9: Either A: Runs around all over the fucking place, triggering the fucking doorbell all the time and again. Even seen kids who triggered the doorbell JUST TO PISS ME OFF. I'm not kidding. They'd run in front of the sensor, then look and point and laugh when I looked. God damn it, kid. You're laughing at someone who's vastly underpaid (Like, beneath legal levels, at my place) AND wielding a knife and/or a 300 degrees hot spatula at all times. Do you REALLY want to piss me off?
    Or they B: Are annoyingly curious. This one is obviously not as horrible, but still. Parents, don't put your kids on the counter. Food goes there, not fucking kids' asses. And the questions kids come up with. Ranging from the harmless "Whass joo naehm?" through the amazed, wide-eyed stare as one of my afghan colleauges speak to me and I reply, the kid soon muttering "You UNDERSTAND what he's saying?!" as if I am decyphering fuckin' hireoglyphs, and then of course, the bratty "What does this do?" followed by the kid reaching around and pressing like, the fuckin' reset key on the cash-register or something. (Well, only ever had one push in four burgers, but still.)
    Age 10-16: I just hate people in this age. When I was that age, I sucked. The kids in that age, they suck. Anyone who knows a 14 year old will know what I mean.
    Age 17 and up, they're normal people, capable of normal conversations, normal actions and normal fucking not being a retard. Also, hot chicks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree x 12Friendly x 5Dumb x 3Disagree x 2Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,080 Posts
    So, working at a restour-... Place that serves and prepares food as a che-... Coo-... Grill-boy/wai-... Serv-... Uh... Phone-lady-man, I must say this... Don't bring your fucking spawn with you to pick up pizza. Mother of fuck, do I hate it when people bring kids. Why?

Age 0-3: Cries. All the time. Being someone with good parenting genes, it seems, this just... Pisses me off. Make. Your kid. Stop whining. It's triggering my momma-instincts to make the litte shitsack fucking shut up and be happy.
    Age 4-9: Either A: Runs around all over the fucking place, triggering the fucking doorbell all the time and again. Even seen kids who triggered the doorbell JUST TO PISS ME OFF. I'm not kidding. They'd run in front of the sensor, then look and point and laugh when I looked. God damn it, kid. You're laughing at someone who's vastly underpaid (Like, beneath legal levels, at my place) AND wielding a knife and/or a 300 degrees hot spatula at all times. Do you REALLY want to piss me off?
    Or they B: Are annoyingly curious. This one is obviously not as horrible, but still. Parents, don't put your kids on the counter. Food goes there, not fucking kids' asses. And the questions kids come up with. Ranging from the harmless "Whass joo naehm?" through the amazed, wide-eyed stare as one of my afghan colleauges speak to me and I reply, the kid soon muttering "You UNDERSTAND what he's saying?!" as if I am decyphering fuckin' hireoglyphs, and then of course, the bratty "What does this do?" followed by the kid reaching around and pressing like, the fuckin' reset key on the cash-register or something. (Well, only ever had one push in four burgers, but still.)
    Age 10-16: I just hate people in this age. When I was that age, I sucked. The kids in that age, they suck. Anyone who knows a 14 year old will know what I mean.
    Age 17 and up, they're normal people, capable of normal conversations, normal actions and normal fucking not being a retard. Also, hot chicks
    Friends of mine, who work in a cafe a bit up the mountain from me; had a parent changing their baby's diaper on their dining tables. Suffice to say they were never allowed back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    August 2010
    1,511 Posts

At age 17 people automatically become normal and also hot chicks. I think that's what I just read.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,991 Posts
    So, recently at work we've had a bit of a personnel shift. A manager and assistant manager were sent to another store, and we got a new manager and SGA (level below assistant manager). Now, we got a new GA (entry level shift) and a new assistant manager. All four of these new people were from the same store. Well, today the schedule for next week was made...and I have no hours. I was also politely asked to hand in my keys so one of the employees from another store could use them.

I'm not going to jump the gun but I'm pretty sure this is a sign that I should look for another job, what think?

32. Post #272
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    7,924 Posts
    So, recently at work we've had a bit of a personnel shift. A manager and assistant manager were sent to another store, and we got a new manager and SGA (level below assistant manager). Now, we got a new GA (entry level shift) and a new assistant manager. All four of these new people were from the same store. Well, today the schedule for next week was made...and I have no hours. I was also politely asked to hand in my keys so one of the employees from another store could use them.

I'm not going to jump the gun but I'm pretty sure this is a sign that I should look for another job, what think?
    Do it. Who knows, you might find something better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #273
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts

which copypasta site did you find this on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #274
    Blue Member
    October 2006
    9,522 Posts
    Friends of mine, who work in a cafe a bit up the mountain from me; had a parent changing their baby's diaper on their dining tables. Suffice to say they were never allowed back.
    I'd have pulled the sword on that bitch. Or more likely, politely told her to go to the bathroom to do that.

Edited:

Oh, and I hate doing the dishes. Holy shit do I hate doing dishes. And there's a good reason for this. Y'see, back in the day, when my boss started the pizzeria, he had the whole place made to his specifications. Which is good for him, but I, being almost a foot taller, have some pretty major troubles standing hunched over the fucking sink for an hour doing dishes.

Oh, and I manage to always spray myself whenever cleaning something bowl-shaped. No matter how i hold it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,733 Posts
    I wrote my letter of resignation 7 days ago, but I'm really starting to regret it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

36. Post #276
    Blue Member
    October 2006
    9,522 Posts
    Why so?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

37. Post #277
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,330 Posts
    Yesterday there was a box of libido pills on the baker's bench. Not gonna ask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    530 Posts
    Yesterday there was a box of libido pills on the baker's bench. Not gonna ask.
    but it's a baker's job to turn a soft limp lump of dough into a long stiff rod of bread

dick jokes aside, we had some customer back-order this case for a stationary desktop pc, then complained about how he didn't think the case would be so small when he came to pick it up from back-order, and that we should of told him (we did) and and that he needs this pc now because if he doesn't he might lose his job and etc.

this rant lasts for 10-15 minutes before he lets me even get a word in, to which I ask (roughly) "if you needed a pc why are you ordering a case?" his face went red and he left pretty soon after that

after this my boss was like "hey it's your birthday right" and then the 5 of us in store had some cake to celebrate so all was not lost
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,733 Posts
    Why so?
    Cause now I have no job :(.

Now I'm not really regretting it. My mind is all fucky, changes its shit all the fuckin time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    POLITICAN
    Dennab
    August 2008
    7,023 Posts
    So i told the new floor manager and my secretary today unless I receive a raise of some form I am going back to the only duties I was hired to do with my wage which was ring and stock the beverage asile.

Today I had to sub in deli for a for a few hours, Deal with returns all day, I had been told by one of the owners to restock the entire drink asile myself cause I was short a cashier cause apparently I count as a cashier so i can't have 4 other cashiers come in to use our 4 registers Only 3 plus me. Anyway Had to deal with how fucking busy it got make signs and etc then close the store at the end of the day after counting all the register's profit.

I was told that the main owner and the store manager would both be informed at the fact I'm extremely underpaid for what I do and I will either A: Move to another job or B: Just be a regular cashier and stocker like they originally paid me but need me to do the current duties I'm doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13 (list)