1. Post #281
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    They won't. That's why they're conservatives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

2. Post #282
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Speaking of which, when the fuck are conservatives going to realize the massive MASSIVE and GAPING hole in the 'sanctity of marriage' argument?
    That's a pretty dumb reason not to allow gay marriage. Actually, all of those were dumb reasons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #283
    October 2011
    2,366 Posts
    They were actually all reason to allow gay marriage... How do people not understand satire?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

4. Post #284
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,086 Posts
    They were actually all reason to allow gay marriage... How do people not understand satire?
    I thought it was pretty obvious when it said "Americans should reject eyeglasses and air conditioners."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #285
    I make sexist and racist jokes all the time yet,i still support the feminist movement and the rights of blacks.
    July 2010
    5,535 Posts
    Well conservatives make such statements on daily basis so it's difficult to tell what's satire and what is not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

6. Post #286
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    26,086 Posts
    Well conservatives make such statement's on daily basis so it's difficult to tell what's satire and what is not.
    ...It told you to reject eyeglasses and air conditioners.

Conservatives make stupid statements but there's a clear cut line between a stupid conservative statement and satire.

7. Post #287
    May 2011
    1,120 Posts
    i like how some people are saying 'i don't mind them as long as they dont hit on me' - are you serious? there are so many things wrong with this statement, or anything remotely similar.

1) someone thinks you're hot. that's pretty nice if you ask me, just say sorry not gay but ty
    1a) if you can't manage a response like that, you're very, very insecure

2) imagine if some guy hit on a lesbian, and they slapped you or said something horrible - how would you like that? it's just plain rude

it all comes down to insecurity (99% of the time)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

8. Post #288
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,785 Posts
    I don't mind them at all, even the ones who do "hit on me". I just handle them as if they were a girl with a crush on me. The only gay people I don't like are the hardcore flaunters, the ones who get called "an asshole" and then react with "YOU'RE SAYING THAT JUST BECAUSE I'M GAY YOU FLAMING HOMOPHOBE". Luckily, not many flaunters around here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #289
    February 2012
    17 Posts
    Well fuck son.
    I guess you have a point since it is something you are born with, but it is still gross. They are able to get help with that as they should.

10. Post #290
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,874 Posts
    pringle, what are you replying to?

Edited:

(because it looks like you're just reposting your terrible opinion that i'm sure has already been discussed)

11. Post #291
    December 2010
    365 Posts
    I don't mind gay people, just means more pussy for me!

(User was banned for this post ("This is NOT how to post in Mass Debate" - Megafan))

12. Post #292
    October 2011
    2,366 Posts
    I don't mind gay people, just means more pussy for me!
    Stay classy Facepunch.

13. Post #293
    Dennab
    February 2011
    1,499 Posts
    If a gay guy hits on you (if ever), then take it as a compliment, not some sort of sexual threat.

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,724 Posts
    If a gay guy hits on you (if ever), then take it as a compliment, not some sort of sexual threat.
    It has happened to me 3 times already. I guess I'm more of a guy magnet then a girl magnet.

15. Post #295
    looking rad, feeling sad
    April 2011
    4,406 Posts
    It has happened to me 3 times already. I guess I'm more of a guy magnet then a girl magnet.
    It's because you got the 'gay ear' pierced.

(User was banned for this post ("This is NOT how to post in Mass Debate" - Megafan))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #296
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    So in Human Behavior class today we learned about nature vs nurture and I can safely say that my recent statement that gays are not born gay has to be true assuming that there isn't a biological factor involved. Think about it. Everything happens for a reason. I honestly don't understand the argument "gays are just gay because they're gay and stuff". It's just a very juvenile argument with nothing to support it. I think people support this "argument" for the simple reason of they don't want to be "homophobic" or whatever. As stated in some earlier posts of mine, some people give gays special treatment to not come off as a "homophobe". The way I see it, this is a pretty good example of such an action. Gays could very well be "born" gay. But not in the way most of you think. The only reasonable explanation behind a person being born gay would be if there was a "gay gene" or something similar (one guy posted an article about brain shape determining whether someone is gay). You guys can believe whatever you want if that helps you sleep at night, it doesn't make it true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

17. Post #297
    Dennab
    October 2010
    1,436 Posts
    So in Human Behavior class today we learned about nature vs nurture and I can safely say that my recent statement that gays are not born gay has to be true assuming that there isn't a biological factor involved. Think about it. Everything happens for a reason. I honestly don't understand the argument "gays are just gay because they're gay and stuff". It's just a very juvenile argument with nothing to support it. I think people support this "argument" for the simple reason of they don't want to be "homophobic" or whatever. As stated in some earlier posts of mine, some people give gays special treatment to not come off as a "homophobe". The way I see it, this is a pretty good example of such an action. Gays could very well be "born" gay. But not in the way most of you think. The only reasonable explanation behind a person being born gay would be if there was a "gay gene" or something similar (one guy posted an article about brain shape determining whether someone is gay). You guys can believe whatever you want if that helps you sleep at night, it doesn't make it true.
    There are both strong biological factors at birth and environmental ones shortly after that effect sexuality - of course no-one is "born gay" but no one literally claims such things either. Here's one study that hints towards biological factors:

https://www.msu.edu/~breedsm/pdf/ButchFemme.pdf

18. Post #298
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    There are both strong biological factors at birth and environmental ones shortly after that effect sexuality - of course no-one is "born gay" but no one literally claims such things either. Here's one study that hints towards biological factors:

https://www.msu.edu/~breedsm/pdf/ButchFemme.pdf
    There's a few people in this thread who claimed that. You seem to be one of the intelligent ones.

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,557 Posts
    There's a few people in this thread who claimed that. You seem to be one of the intelligent ones.
    You didn't provide any conclusive evidence against biological factors, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

20. Post #300
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    You're right. Others have, though. My point was my argument is much more supported than some of the other people in this thread saying "gays are just gay because they are and stuff".

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,826 Posts
    I think it might be worth asking why the possibility of biological factors matters, because it probably doesn't.

Or it shouldn't, at least.

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,298 Posts
    I'm not supporting either side, but the burden of proof is on the person saying there are biological factors. He shouldn't have to prove that there aren't.

23. Post #303
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    8,157 Posts
    I'm pretty damn sure it's not solely one thing, many factors contribute to the process.

24. Post #304
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    I'm pretty damn sure it's not solely one thing, many factors contribute to the process.
    I believe that being gay can be an act of nature and nurture as well as a personal choice. I'll explain all three.

Nature: It could very well be that gays are born with a different set of genes or other biological factors that contribute to being gay. Don't look past it. Some people have posted some pretty good articles based on the idea that gays are born differently biologically.

Nurture: Let's say you don't have any biological factors that make you gay. What if you were raised by gay parents at a very young age. You could adopt the belief that being in a gay relationship is what love actually is depending on other environmental factors (such as straight friends). I'm not saying it's wrong to love another man/woman.

Personal choice: Let's say you're a man and you've been in several relationships with other women. All of them have been just plain nasty to you (slept with other guys, wanting money - not love, etc.) and you pretty much just say "fuck it" and decide to start dating other men. Sure, it would be an adjustment. In fact, it would be a huge adjustment. It doesn't mean it's not possible, though. Believe it or not, there have been straight men that turn gay for personal reasons. The said example is just one of probably several.

I just thought I'd clear things up a little just in case someone didn't understand what I was getting at.

25. Post #305
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,936 Posts
    Personal choice: Let's say you're a man and you've been in several relationships with other women. All of them have been just plain nasty to you (slept with other guys, wanting money - not love, etc.) and you pretty much just say "fuck it" and decide to start dating other men. Sure, it would be an adjustment. In fact, it would be a huge adjustment. It doesn't mean it's not possible, though. Believe it or not, there have been straight men that turn gay for personal reasons. The said example is just one of probably several.

I just thought I'd clear things up a little just in case someone didn't understand what I was getting at.
    Sorry, but you can't choose what you're attracted to, it just doesn't work that way (Look up sexuality "correction" and see how many "ex-gay" people have suffered from depression or attempted suicide), you can realise or come to terms with the fact that you find men or women sexually or romantically attractive, but you don't suddenly "turn gay".

26. Post #306
    Oh no, what have I done!
    Dennab
    November 2007
    22,049 Posts
    @Nurture.

Yes, because only gay parents can raise gay children.

27. Post #307
    Robots FTW
    December 2011
    888 Posts
    It's OK to be gay, I think, but it's not OK to be faggot. Gay is homosexual man, faggot is hypersexual homosexual man. Hypersexuality is bad both with straight nymphomaniacs and faggots.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events

28. Post #308
    July 2011
    6,163 Posts
    It's OK to be gay, I think, but it's not OK to be faggot. Gay is homosexual man, faggot is hypersexual homosexual man. Hypersexuality is bad both with straight nymphomaniacs and faggots.
    Actually faggot is just an insult.

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    484 Posts
    I believe the term is flaming queen, and I don't like them either. They make us look bad by perpetuating stereotypes. And being gay is not a choice. Do you really think I want to be a discriminated against minority? "Hmm, I feel like being hated by my entire family this week, I think I'll be gay." That is not how this works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

30. Post #310
    Oh no, what have I done!
    Dennab
    November 2007
    22,049 Posts
    I believe the term is flaming queen, and I don't like them either. They make us look bad by perpetuating stereotypes. And being gay is not a choice. Do you really think I want to be a discriminated against minority? "Hmm, I feel like being hated by my entire family this week, I think I'll be gay." That is not how this works.
    The best response to make when someone says homosexuality is a choice is "When did you choose to be straight?"

31. Post #311
    July 2008
    494 Posts
    Well, I've always been heterosexual I have no clue how it came to my sexual identity but it did. Homosexuality is no different if you feel an attraction to a man or a girl to girl than that's pretty hot. I also find it odd how heterosexual males find gays disgusting, but females find it cute.

Yeah I notice my cliche that I made there.

32. Post #312
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,874 Posts
    I believe that being gay can be an act of nature and nurture as well as a personal choice. I'll explain all three.

Nature: It could very well be that gays are born with a different set of genes or other biological factors that contribute to being gay. Don't look past it. Some people have posted some pretty good articles based on the idea that gays are born differently biologically.

Nurture: Let's say you don't have any biological factors that make you gay. What if you were raised by gay parents at a very young age. You could adopt the belief that being in a gay relationship is what love actually is depending on other environmental factors (such as straight friends). I'm not saying it's wrong to love another man/woman.

your nurture argument stands no ground, as milkandcooki pointed out
    your personal choice argument is just as bad. if you think that everyone can change their attractions, I suggest that you might be in some denial, and projecting your own traits onto others

Edited:

i don't know why it's been acceptable in this forum to post bullshit without evidence and not get banned

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,826 Posts
    i don't know why it's been acceptable in this forum to post bullshit without evidence and not get banned
    I suggest that you might be in some denial, and projecting your own traits onto others
    Huh.

34. Post #314
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,874 Posts
    I made a suggestion, not the same as casting a belief onto an entire group of people

35. Post #315
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Sorry, but you can't choose what you're attracted to, it just doesn't work that way (Look up sexuality "correction" and see how many "ex-gay" people have suffered from depression or attempted suicide), you can realise or come to terms with the fact that you find men or women sexually or romantically attractive, but you don't suddenly "turn gay".
    I never said a person can "suddenly" turn gay. Sorry if it seemed that way.

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,826 Posts
    I made a suggestion, not the same as casting a belief onto an entire group of people
    I don't see any evidence suggesting that this:

Is anything more than a suggestion. Also, I fail to see the moral distinction between casting such a belief over a group or just one person.

Sorry, but you can't choose what you're attracted to, it just doesn't work that way
    Why not?

37. Post #317
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    your nurture argument stands no ground, as milkandcooki pointed out
    your personal choice argument is just as bad. if you think that everyone can change their attractions, I suggest that you might be in some denial, and projecting your own traits onto others

Edited:

No, my argument was just fine. I never said "all gay people are gay because their parents were". If you could read, I said it all depends on other environmental factors. If you're home-schooled in a house with two gay parents, yes you will probably be gay since that is what you've seen love as. Also, people CAN change their attractions. People have turned gay before. It's not "oh you're one or the other your whole life". I'm not in one bit of denial. I admit when I'm wrong or have been defeated and this is not one of those times.

38. Post #318
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    8,157 Posts
    It's not something the conscious mind can just suddenly CHANGE.

It's an innate thing, some people are fluid and can be aroused by either sex to varying degrees, others are only attracted to a single sex.

It's one of the main god damned reasons why "Gay Therapy" doesn't work, they're still gay on the inside.

39. Post #319
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    It's not something the conscious mind can just suddenly CHANGE.
    Again, whoever said it had to be sudden?

40. Post #320
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,874 Posts
    My bad.

If you're home-schooled in a house with two gay parents, yes you will probably be gay since that is what you've seen love as.
    burden of proof is yours here
    furthermore, why does that idea of yours only apply when the parents are gay?

Again, whoever said it had to be sudden?
    as lev said, gay therapy does not work, nor is the 'therapy' intended to be sudden