1. Post #361
    February 2010
    1,508 Posts
    When I found out there was a flaming homo on the Normandy, I did not simply boot him off my ship. I swabbed his poopdeck with my starboard mast.

Edited:

But no, really, there's nothing wrong to me with gays. I don't care if they protest, but I just don't really like it when they try to show off by going to extremes. Not being racist, but almost like black guys in the hood tend to like to do. I mean, just be gay and move on, and I'll be cool with you. Same goes for religious people, wealthy people, poor people, etc. Like, I am accepting of you so long as you do not flaunt your flaws or fortunes in a showy manner 24/7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #362
    December 2010
    128 Posts
    As a pan-sexual, I have no problems with any sexual orientation at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #363
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,551 Posts
    Tell that to the gay of my classroom, that dude loves me, and scare's the shit out of me.
    Now you know how most females feel.

4. Post #364
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    They are just both equally questionable.
    His source is the result of a man polling individuals ... mine is from a head of a relevant organization that deals directly with the people in question, ... I would say that this acts as a better source.
    The part you didn't reply to.

5. Post #365
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    The part you didn't reply to.
    It doesn't matter if your source is the head of some ex-gay group. He's just one guy that made a post on his blog. Besides, his post seemed like an attempt to make gays feel like they don't have to change even if it's in his or her best personal interest. Again, I'm not saying "all gays need to change because homosexuality is bad". It's that person's choice, and for whatever reason they want to change, it is up to them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

6. Post #366
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    8,000 Posts
    It's almost sickening to read deaded's posts.

There are countless teens and adolescents that are bullied every day, and man wouldn't they just love to stop being gay, just so they wouldn't be picked on.

There are also countless kids that go through denial, like myself at one point, convincing themselves that they couldn't be gay/bi/other, and go through life thoroughly unhappy.

When you find a study that's actually credible, deaded, I'll be willing to consider the now-present facts and possibly change my mind. Until then, stop spouting shit you know little-to-nothing about.

7. Post #367
    Bitch Plzzz!
    Dennab
    September 2011
    834 Posts

There are countless teens and adolescents that are bullied every day, and man wouldn't they just love to stop being gay, just so they wouldn't be picked on.

There are also countless kids that go through denial, like myself at one point, convincing themselves that they couldn't be gay/bi/other, and go through life thoroughly unhappy.

When you find a study that's actually credible, deaded, I'll be willing to consider the now-present facts and possibly change my mind. Until then, stop spouting shit you know little-to-nothing about.
    He's baiting you.

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,530 Posts

How I got banned on the last page and deaded and the others like him aren't getting banned is funny to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

9. Post #369
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts

It's sickening to read your posts and people's like yours.

Sure, there's teens out there that are gay and get picked on for it. As wrong as that is, they can change their sexual preference. At the stage they're in though, I don't think so. A teen can't change their sexual preference unless they have the support and want to do so. And even if they did have both of those, it's still going to take a long time. No, not days or weeks long. More like months or years. I'm sorry to hear you went through denial, but that doesn't change the fact it is still possible to change your sexual preference. How about this...

How about when YOU find a credible source, I'll be willing to consider the now-present facts and possibly change my mind. Until then, stop convincing yourself that gays can't become straight over a long period of time.

10. Post #370
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,873 Posts
    He's baiting you.
    judging by how he just mirrored your post(lev) and pretends that makes it a stable argument, I would say so.

11. Post #371
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    8,000 Posts
    eh, oh well

gonna unrussle my jimmies then

12. Post #372
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    judging by how he just mirrored your post(lev) and pretends that makes it a stable argument, I would say so.
    A lot of people mirror posts. Is that a problem? You're stupid to believe just because I mirrored a post that makes me think my argument is stable. My argument is actually very stable either way. You guys think that your sources are so great when really they're just as bad as mine. You can't start saying "lol i iz rite" because you have this one ex-gay leader or some shit that makes a post on his blog. It doesn't matter who he is. It doesn't matter how much "experience" he's had in the matter. Just because he thinks that "99.9 percent of gays actually never become straight" doesn't make him speak for every other gay person to walk the earth. On another note, my source isn't the best either. But it includes reasonable statistics rather than just "99.9 percent". The entirety of that guy's blog post was just his opinion rather than actual evidence.

13. Post #373
    BroDuck's Buttslut
    January 2011
    5,222 Posts
    This thread is going lovely.

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,927 Posts
    I posted a scientific published study earlier saying that it is possible to change sexual orientation. It was also done by one of the doctors who got rid of homosexuality being a mental disorder.

15. Post #375
    April 2011
    85 Posts
    I've seen several people state something along the lines of, "I'm fine with gays, because it isn't a choice". Wait, what? This is completely and utterly irrelevant. Are these people trying to imply that they would not be okay with gays if it was a choice (btw I'm not debating whether it is or not, this is not my point)?

I see these people as being pretty much almost as bad as the outright homophobes. I really don't see why it is relevant in any way if being gay is a choice or not.

What these people are saying, is that it is a weakness, a mental disability. That's the only explanation I see, because they're saying "I'm fine with it BECAUSE it is not a choice"...I find it so abhorrent.

Can anyone help rationalize these statements?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #376
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    20,797 Posts
    I'm sick of people debating choice arguments, and individuals
    That has nothing to do with homosexuality!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #377
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    I don't understand why people think this thread has to be nothing but "why gays are bad". Why can't we just have a thread about gays in general?

Edited:

I've seen several people state something along the lines of, "I'm fine with gays, because it isn't a choice". Wait, what? This is completely and utterly irrelevant. Are these people trying to imply that they would not be okay with gays if it was a choice (btw I'm not debating whether it is or not, this is not my point)?

I see these people as being pretty much almost as bad as the outright homophobes. I really don't see why it is relevant in any way if being gay is a choice or not.

What these people are saying, is that it is a weakness, a mental disability. That's the only explanation I see, because they're saying "I'm fine with it BECAUSE it is not a choice"...I find it so abhorrent.

Can anyone help rationalize these statements?
    I think most people don't really care if it's a choice or not. I think they just accept them regardless.

18. Post #378
    Turbo Dyke
    June 2010
    20,797 Posts
    I don't understand why people think this thread has to be nothing but "why gays are bad". Why can't we just have a thread about gays in general?

Edited:

I think most people don't really care if it's a choice or not. I think they just accept them regardless.
    But what exactly is the point in that when that's just discussing stereotypes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,718 Posts

Edited:

what is there really to discuss in a debate format about homosexuality, though? All that happens in this thread is a lot of people saying 'I don't get why people hate them' and then occasionally someone says something like 'I don't mind them but stay away from my butthole' or 'I only hate the annoying gays' or 'it's against nature' which sparks a small shitstorm until they're banned/give up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,868 Posts
    what is there really to discuss in a debate format about homosexuality, though? All that happens in this thread is a lot of people saying 'I don't get why people hate them' and then occasionally someone says something like 'I don't mind them but stay away from my butthole' or 'I only hate the annoying gays' or 'it's against nature' which sparks a small shitstorm until they're banned/give up
    Yeah, all of those have been exhausted already.

21. Post #381
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    I agree that there isn't much to discuss about the subject. I just think that having the debate only be open to "why gays are bad" would just lead to a giant circle of people agreeing. Hence, there really wouldn't be a debate.

22. Post #382
    August 2011
    278 Posts
    There's a difference between the choice and not a choice thing, for example:

CHOICE: You can choose to fuck a guy, a girl, or both! A heterosexual male is attracted to women, but can he fuck a guy? Yes he can.
    NOT A CHOICE: The thing that isn't a choice is being attracted/not attracted to a certain gender, for example heterosexuals are attracted to women but not guys and vice versa, bisexuals are attracted to both, and homosexuals are attracted to the same gender. An argument supporting this would be some people like people with red hair, and some don't. Some would bang a blonde right then and there, and some just find blondes unattractive.

You get where I'm going at here? Even if it wasn't a choice I would still be okay with homosexuals and bisexuals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

23. Post #383
    I like the zip of Miracle Whip
    January 2010
    3,989 Posts
    I'm bisexual. The whole "it isn't a choice" argument works in some respects, but in my opinion, it goes like this.

The whole "gay marriage" controversy is very blown out of proportion. If two people are in love, they deserve to get married, gay or not.

One thing that most people don't realize is that LGBT people are living, breathing people just like any other person. I know several gay people, both male and female, and they are all very interested, multi-faceted individuals with lots of different interests and opinions. However, most straight people just see them as "flamers" or "trannies." That's precisely why the whole "I'm fine with them if they don't hit on me" argument makes me so unbelievably angry.

I have quite a few straight male friends who I'm attracted to, but I don't hit on them or come onto them because I know that they aren't that way.

24. Post #384

January 2012
    33 Posts
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/...nal508comp.pdf

Many more gays than straights get AIDS.

If you are an athiest: It is not natural. Have you ever seen a gay animal? How would a species reproduce, survive and evolve if it has homosexual members?

If you are a Christian, Muslim, Jew, blah blah blah....: IT'S IN YOUR OWN BIBLE/TORAH/KORAN

Being homosexual is a mental disorder that should be treated with therapy and medication.
    I don't hate gays, I hate what they do.
    Freedom of choice has a limit. Do I have the "choice" to go around killing people? No.
    I don't try to bully gays at my school.

LET THE HATE COMMENTS ROLE

(User was banned for this post ("Posting for the purpose of receiving hate comments (Read: Trolling)" - Megafan))

25. Post #385
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/...nal508comp.pdf

Many more gays than straights get AIDS.

If you are an athiest: It is not natural. Have you ever seen a gay animal? How would a species reproduce, survive and evolve if it has homosexual members?

If you are a Christian, Muslim, Jew, blah blah blah....: IT'S IN YOUR OWN BIBLE/TORAH/KORAN

Being homosexual is a mental disorder that should be treated with therapy and medication.
    Freedom of choice has a limit. Do I have the "choice" to go around killing people? No.

I wish you the best in the afterlife. As after that post, many will try to kill you.

26. Post #386
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,703 Posts
    I didn't read it and only skimmed it, but that looks like the percentage of gay and bisexual men who have the disease; not a ratio of how many gay men have it compared to straight men.

Besides, why does it matter? AIDS can be transferred through both genders. It isn't called GRIDS like it used to be (gay-related) so why did you even post this?

What does being an Atheist have to do with being gay? And uh, yes, there are several big examples of homosexual pairings in the animal kingdom. Both female and male.

Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals

And there are more straights than gays in the world. It can repopulate fine with us existing. Maybe it is a defect at birth that causes homosexuality, but its not like it hinders our life apart from being sexually attracted to the same gender. And birth defects are a natural part of life anyway.

How is it a mental disorder? Am I doing something wrong by liking men? Am I harming someone by having a relationship and sex with another man? Being a retard is a mental disorder, should we call mentally challenged people unnatural and tell them they need to get fixed?

What do you mean you "hate what gays do." What do we do? Oh, you mean build relationships with our partners and have sex and want to start a family like... oh I don't know... every straight person in existence? So, you hate gays. Don't sugar coat it.

I'm not even going to touch the choice thing. It's not a choice, and you would know that if you were a homosexual. It's impossible to explain to you people that no gay person chose to be gay. That's insane, no one would willingly choose to live a life where they are shunned by the majority of the world and are treated as lesser equals.

Likewise, are you really comparing being homosexual to killing people? That's two completely opposite ends of the spectrum. Who are we harming by being attracted towards the same gender?

You're an idiot.

27. Post #387

January 2012
    33 Posts
    I didn't read it and only skimmed it, but that looks like the percentage of gay and bisexual men who have the disease; not a ratio of how many gay men have it compared to straight men.

Besides, why does it matter? AIDS can be transferred through both genders. It isn't called GRIDS like it used to be (gay-related) so why did you even post this?

What does being an Atheist have to do with being gay? And uh, yes, there are several big examples of homosexual pairings in the animal kingdom. Both female and male.

Take a look: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosex...ior_in_animals

And there are more straights than gays in the world. It can repopulate fine with us existing. Maybe it is a defect at birth that causes homosexuality, but its not like it hinders our life apart from being sexually attracted to the same gender. And birth defects are a natural part of life anyway.

How is it a mental disorder? Am I doing something wrong by liking men? Am I harming someone by having a relationship and sex with another man? Being a retard is a mental disorder, should we call mentally challenged people unnatural and tell them they need to get fixed?

What do you mean you "hate what gays do." What do we do? Oh, you mean build relationships with our partners and have sex and want to start a family like... oh I don't know... every straight person in existence? So, you hate gays. Don't sugar coat it.

I'm not even going to touch the choice thing. It's not a choice, and you would know that if you were a homosexual. It's impossible to explain to you people that no gay person chose to be gay. That's insane, no one would willingly choose to live a life where they are shunned by the majority of the world and are treated as lesser equals.

Likewise, are you really comparing being homosexual to killing people? That's two completely opposite ends of the spectrum. Who are we harming by being attracted towards the same gender?

You're an idiot.
    Actually, YOU'RE an idiot... I knew people would post shit like this and so I let them know it wouldn't affect me. And you can't start a family. You have to adopt someone else's children.
    Also, the point of the survey WAS the percentage of gays. Because a ratio wouldn't be fair, there are more straights than gays.

28. Post #388
    July 2007
    13,703 Posts
    Actually, YOU'RE an idiot... I knew people would post shit like this and so I let them know it wouldn't affect me. And you can't start a family. You have to adopt someone else's children.
    Also, the point of the survey WAS the percentage of gays. Because a ratio wouldn't be fair, there are more straights than gays.
    Good job ignoring practically everything I said. You know I'm right which is why you have no counter-argument.

And yes, adoption is a way to start a family. How can you say we can't and then give an example of one way we can? There's also in vitro fertilization and a surrogate mother. So, yes, there is a way we can start a family.

And yes, I know there are more straights than gays. But you posted a link to a gay only related study of HIV infected patients and used it as an argument to say that more gays have HIV/AIDS than straight do. I pointed this out, and now you are backpedaling by saying that a ratio to straight/gay infected patients isn't fair. Then why did you even say it in the first place?

Trolling is a art, and you sir are only rookie at it. Try again next time. And do it outside of the Mass Debate forum.

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,722 Posts
    As a pan-sexual, I have no problems with any sexual orientation at all.
    I've never really understand pansexuality. How can you love everybody? I mean, it doesn't seem reasonable unless you're desperate. If I was open about sexuality, I'd find it kind of weird to fuck a man chick or vice versa. I'd have to have them one way or the other, not mixed.

30. Post #390
    July 2007
    13,703 Posts
    I've never really understand pansexuality. How can you love everybody? I mean, it doesn't seem reasonable unless you're desperate. If I was open about sexuality, I'd find it kind of weird to fuck a man chick or vice versa. I'd have to have them one way or the other, not mixed.
    Its not really loving everybody. Its just that neither gender is a turn on for you. You'll give someone a chance as long as you love their personality.

31. Post #391
    June 2011
    357 Posts
    Not really a debate but relevant

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,722 Posts
    Not really a debate but relevant
    He's cute. And he has a point.

33. Post #393
    August 2011
    278 Posts
    Let me state some points:

1. What the fuck does starting a family have to do with homosexuality? Some heterosexual couples don't want to start a family, you're going to condemn them as well?
    2. There are homosexual animals, you need to do some research.
    3. Who said it has to be natural? The internet isn't natural, and do many people enjoy it? Yes. Sex toys aren't natural, do people enjoy it? Yes.
    4. Your ignorance is making my eyes bleed, please, get educated on the topic before posting your opinions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

34. Post #394
    November 2011
    1,353 Posts
    And gays don't have to adopt children. It's called a sperm/egg donor.

35. Post #395
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,606 Posts
    I'd say debate here has basically concluded. If one of you wishes to start up another thread with a debate about homosexuality being a choice or not you're free to do so, but be sure that it is substantive and presents a debate.