1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,569 Posts
    I'm worried that this game is going to be too easy. The amount of slow motion is cool, but I think things will end up being piss easy to resolve.
    Both the original True Crime games were piss easy most of the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,310 Posts
    well, they said that guns are really rare in hk and that most of the time you have no choice but to either sneak up on guys with guns or h2h guys without them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #163
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,700 Posts
    now I want to see the valve-inspired clothing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #164
    November 2010
    2,542 Posts
    Both the original True Crime games were piss easy most of the time.
    NYC was easy, LA was a fucking nightmare when I played it. The fucking sneaking missions :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    862 Posts
    Does anyone know if there will be random street crimes like the old True Crime games?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #166
    Does anyone know if there will be random street crimes like the old True Crime games?
    Dunno, but it wouldn't make any sense if you could stop random crimes. He's an undercover cop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,885 Posts
    Preordered this from intkeys ( I will be away on the release date anyways, so I can wait a day or two)
    This is looking even better than I hoped
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,310 Posts
    Dunno, but it wouldn't make any sense if you could stop random crimes. He's an undercover cop.
    well, you can wear mask items that conceal your identity so it would make sense that he could
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,885 Posts
    You could just beat the criminal up and then leave him, acting as a vigilante
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,569 Posts
    NYC was easy, LA was a fucking nightmare when I played it. The fucking sneaking missions :argh:
    Detectives can't into stealth.

You were pretty much undercover 90% of the time in the old ones as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    862 Posts
    Jumping from cars in high speed chases doesn't really make sense either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

12. Post #172
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,648 Posts
    I'm so glad Square Enix revived this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,310 Posts
    i hope the pre-load comes soon
    its been on warez sites for days which makes me wonder why steam hasn't released it yet (the pre-load, not the game)

14. Post #174
    February 2008
    399 Posts
    I'm worried that this game is going to be too easy. The amount of slow motion is cool, but I think things will end up being piss easy to resolve.
    Those kung-fu fighting missions to unlock new combo moves were always tough as shit. Especially the one you fight on top of the skyscrapers helipad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,569 Posts
    I just saw when this game gets released, you damn bastards, my vacation ends exactly on the 14th hnng.

16. Post #176
    Jumping from cars in high speed chases doesn't really make sense either.
    Yes it does, in the context of the setting and story. It's an action movie, so of course the protagonist can leap from car to car because he's the protagonist.

Being able to stop crimes wouldn't make any sense in the context of the setting and story. Undercover cops don't cruise around looking for random crimes to stop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,569 Posts
    Being able to stop crimes wouldn't make any sense in the context of the setting and story. Undercover cops don't cruise around looking for random crimes to stop.
    Protagonists always stop crimes if they see them happen.

Except when they're pussies.

I don't think badass kung-fu ninja cop is a pussy probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    862 Posts
    Yes it does, in the context of the setting and story. It's an action movie, so of course the protagonist can leap from car to car because he's the protagonist.

They do it in action movies all the time.

Edit: How does the setting of the story give the main character the ability to leap onto cars at 90mph?

Edit Again: Also there are some street crimes more suited to an undercover cop. Like drug deals and what not.

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,310 Posts

Edit: How does the setting of the story give the main character the ability to leap onto cars at 90mph?

Edit Again: Also there are some street crimes more suited to an undercover cop. Like drug deals and what not.
    you don't bust deals yourself, you plant bugs at the deal spots and go to your tv at your apt, and tell the cops to bust the dealer personally

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,853 Posts
    http://www.own3d.tv/elevatorsource/live/209018

He's streaming the game, spoilers obviously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    Protagonists always stop crimes if they see them happen.

Except when they're pussies.

I don't think badass kung-fu ninja cop is a pussy probably.
    I don't think you've seen any Hong Kong cop movies.

Actually, most undercover cop movies deal with the issue in some form. Pure action movies that have the hero go "undercover" don't count.

22. Post #182
    February 2008
    399 Posts
    you don't bust deals yourself, you plant bugs at the deal spots and go to your tv at your apt, and tell the cops to bust the dealer personally
    In that case, I fully believe current under-cover cops go around and kill factories full of gang members all the time, thanks for point out the realism now.

Edited:

Besides, why the hell would any of the gang-members care, you act as if everyone in the crime world is caring dearly about each other, but in reality, you can go around and kill damn near anyone you want and no one is going to give a shit, as long as it doesn't interfere with the gang's business.

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    862 Posts
    In that case, I fully believe current under-cover cops go around and kill factories full of gang members all the time, thanks for point out the realism now.

Edited:

Besides, why the hell would any of the gang-members care, you act as if everyone in the crime world is caring dearly about each other, but in reality, you can go around and kill damn near anyone you want and no one is going to give a shit, as long as it doesn't interfere with the gang's business.
    Which is my thought on busting up street crime. Its not like its going to get back to the Triad instantly unless you bust one of their guys.

24. Post #184
    September 2010
    2,990 Posts
    I really like the idea of helping major police cases though, finding ways to conceal your identity from people you know in the triads like keeping them in the trunk of the car.

I know that's the whole point of the game, but that example felt like you could actually let the guy out of the trunk if you wanted to, and makes me wonder what the consequences are for accidentally or deliberately messing up like that.

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    1,619 Posts
    makes me wonder what the consequences are for accidentally or deliberately messing up like that.
    a failed mission screen with a retry button

26. Post #186
    February 2008
    399 Posts
    I really like the idea of helping major police cases though, finding ways to conceal your identity from people you know in the triads like keeping them in the trunk of the car.

I know that's the whole point of the game, but that example felt like you could actually let the guy out of the trunk if you wanted to, and makes me wonder what the consequences are for accidentally or deliberately messing up like that.
    Probably the unforseen type of consequence.

Edited:

a failed mission screen with a retry button
    Not even that, it'll be like GTA missions and just quit without exiting anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #187

They bust those kind of crimes through careful set-up and planning. Not charging in and punching everyone in the face, because that'd kind of blow their cover.

Also it's a Hong-Kong-action-movie setting, so leaping from car to car at 90 MPH is pretty much expected.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,020 Posts
    Wait what why is Kyle working with them now. I thought he was CM at Eidos Montreal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #189
    The only reason I'm Bronze V 0LP is because I have no runes!
    August 2012
    932 Posts
    sounds like they're free

unless you're talking about the pre-order bonuses, which are pre-order bonuses
    Was the HD Pack free?

or am I confused, he said 1 Day DLC, if I remember correctly?

I also wonder if Square will add all the DLCs to Steam like they did with Deus Ex Human Revolution.

It'd be interesting to see if that were the case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events

30. Post #190
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    5,029 Posts
    Was the HD Pack free?

or am I confused, he said 1 Day DLC, if I remember correctly?

I also wonder if Square will add all the DLCs to Steam like they did with Deus Ex Human Revolution.

It'd be interesting to see if that were the case.
    HD Pack is free day 1 dlc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,732 Posts
    You were pretty much undercover 90% of the time in the old ones as well.
    Not Nick Kang. I think he never made it 10 feet without blowing his cover. MESS WITH THE EOD, END UP DOA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    862 Posts
    They bust those kind of crimes through careful set-up and planning. Not charging in and punching everyone in the face, because that'd kind of blow their cover.

Also it's a Hong-Kong-action-movie setting, so leaping from car to car at 90 MPH is pretty much expected.
    Exactly its a Hong-Kong-Action-Movie settings. Charging in and punching everyone in the face is to be expected.

33. Post #193
    July 2009
    4,278 Posts
    I saw a stream last night that showed a bit of the game.

The streamer was godawfully stupid and annoying, but I do take back what I said about the h2h combat. The streamer may have sucked ass at fighting, but the kinda off balance and weird vibe I got from it made more sense because of the amount of action going on.

Now I just need to figure out where I want to pre-order...I really do want the Georges St. Pierre stuff, but I've always pre-ordered from Gamestop...decisions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    Open world cop drama?

John Woo style action?

I'm in.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,569 Posts
    Not Nick Kang. I think he never made it 10 feet without blowing his cover. MESS WITH THE EOD, END UP DOA.
    Correction, they were trying to be undercover 90% of the time.

And they both failed all the goddamned time.

36. Post #196
    September 2010
    1,941 Posts
    I just noticed that, in the PC showcase video, the guy says that "the game has DX11 features like ambient occlusion, anti-aliasing, shadow quality and filtering." and that "These optional DX11 features can be turned off." Which is very worrying to someone like me that's still stuck with a DX10 card, and I'm pretty sure that literally all of those should be DX10 compatible.

I appreciate that they're giving the PC some lovin', but that's still silly if they're limiting those features to DX11.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    December 2011
    917 Posts
    -snip- wrong thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,310 Posts
    I just noticed that, in the PC showcase video, the guy says that "the game has DX11 features like ambient occlusion, anti-aliasing, shadow quality and filtering." and that "These optional DX11 features can be turned off." Which is very worrying to someone like me that's still stuck with a DX10 card, and I'm pretty sure that literally all of those should be DX10 compatible.

I appreciate that they're giving the PC some lovin', but that's still silly if they're limiting those features to DX11.
    i think he means the multiple options for those features that dx11 possibly provides (i.e. ambient occlusion would have a medium setting (dx10) and a high setting (dx11))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    556 Posts
    Just pre-ordered this game. I cannot wait until it comes out. The hand to hand fighting style really reminds me of Yakuza.

40. Post #200
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,605 Posts
    Exactly its a Hong-Kong-Action-Movie settings. Charging in and punching everyone in the face is to be expected.
    Can't forget the slow-mo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)