1. Post #1
    January 2010
    17 Posts
    This message is adressed to all Valve employees, for such an amazing work that you do for us.

Your games, each of them is even better and more exciting than the
    previous one, with characters and their personalities
    worthy of the best kind of praise, with which a significant
    part of our lives was spent.

We want to thank every person that works in this unique game development
    company, that we think is the best of all.
    Thank you for your work, your inspiration, and your memorable games.

We wish you the best of luck and inspiration to all of you.

Thank you!

http://thankyouvalve.net

~~

All users who want to say thanks to Valve for they amazing work and games, please go thankyouvalve.net and post your comment, then tell it to friend

Thank You!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Dumb x 77Friendly x 23Funny x 4Disagree x 1Informative x 1Useful x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    gay as h*ck
    January 2012
    2,045 Posts
    Already said thank you million times by purchasing their games.
    Can you explain point of this? (Not a sarcasm.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2010
    17 Posts
    <3 Valve. And just say "Thank You". So simple, but so cute :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Dumb x 37Friendly x 2Funny x 2Informative x 1Disagree x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,107 Posts
    How does arse smell?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 28Funny x 13Optimistic x 2Useful x 1Zing x 1Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    March 2008
    734 Posts
    Because all sorts of valve employees visit facepunch, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 22Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    648 Posts
    Its not allowed to share joy and love in facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree x 53Funny x 4Informative x 1Winner x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7

March 2010
    335 Posts
    Only Jeep Barnett will possibly see it. Why not just send then a handwritten letter with love or email them...or just continue funding them by buying games? Nice thought though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

8. Post #8

April 2011
    231 Posts
    What about Fuck you Valve? Love and Hate towards this VG dev' both torn the fan's hearts...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts
    If this was like after some Valve release I'd understand but this is just kinda dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    5,717 Posts
    i wuv u valve

Edited:

Its not allowed to share joy and love in facepunch.
    thats because you are all spazzes and faggy teens who think they are depressed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    I mean it's ok to love valve, but this is obviously something someone's trying to do so valve notices it and gives you free shit etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    5,717 Posts
    I mean it's ok to love valve, but this is obviously something someone's trying to do so valve notices it and gives you free shit etc.
    to me it looks like hes advertising thankyouvalve.net
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    I do it all
    November 2010
    14,230 Posts
    Thank you for wasting my life on video games !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    311 Posts
    We gave Valve a lot of money (Steam) and now we have to thank them for it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,226 Posts
    I'm guessing this is the next way to pry info from Valve because the "occupy Half-Life 2" stunt didn't work out. I'm guessing you're hoping Valve will give us some info by sucking up to them as much as possible?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16

April 2011
    231 Posts
    Next step : Pay and send Alyx-like whores to Valve HQ.
    I think every new action to get HL3 info should be dumber than the previous one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,611 Posts
    speaking of valve thanking, I had a dream last night that I whent to gabe's house accidentally and he had a whole bunch of christmas presents that were half life related that he gave me. He was pretty chill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

November 2011
    72 Posts
    speaking of valve thanking, I had a dream last night that I whent to gabe's house accidentally and he had a whole bunch of christmas presents that were half life related that he gave me. He was pretty chill.
    Don't you think you're going a bit overboard when you dream about the CEO of your favourite game production company?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    Nah man, that was just the Christmas party at Valve. Everybody ever got invited to Valve headquarters and had an awesome time because Gabe is cool like that, but he had to wipe their memories because some drunk asshat showed them Half-Life 3.

You were just recollecting it. He really is that chill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    November 2011
    242 Posts
    I think every new action to get HL3 info should be dumber than the previous one.
    No no, no no. We need whores that are closer to Kleinner.

21. Post #21
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,199 Posts
    "and then OP got so far into Valves anus he could easily identify what it had eaten for dinner"

THE END
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    August 2011
    628 Posts
    Can someone lock this crap topic?

There's no need to thank Valve. They have had our money.

That's enough...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    This is as childish as that girl who made a song relating to her wanting to be hired by Valve

Are you like.. ten? -Tycho
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    whoahoahoa werent you the one who forced everyone to join you in on this "Call for hl3" non sense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    January 2010
    17 Posts
    Can someone lock this crap topic?

There's no need to thank Valve. They have had our money.

That's enough...
    ffffffuuuuuuuu, if you want to thank valve - do it, otherwise stop talk crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26

April 2011
    231 Posts
    The problem is Valve is currently completly giving the finger to every fan action attempted.

-Usual daily mails sent to Marc Laidlaw, Gabe Newell?? ----> No answer, or totally vague answer.

-Those two canadians setting next to Valve HQ??? ----> Best answer from Valve so far : they gave them food, they invited us in their office, they let them play DOTA 2... But still NO INFO on HL3/Ep3.

-The answer to the first "HL3 T-shirt?" ----> T-shirt confirmed, HL3 NOT.

-That Operation Crowbar? ---> Again, they answered to the fact : 1) they received the crowbars, 2) they will make something of them, 3) they even posted some photos of the crowbars next to Portal 2 awards, or for cutting chocolate.
    But still : NOTHING about HL3.

-That current HL CFC?? ---> N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

How a "thank you Valve" action is going to help us??

OK, in fact I "see" the true objective of the OP is just to thank Valve... Yeah, thank Valve... Go thank this developer who has published fifty-awarded GOTY games, has sold millions of their games, gain massive money from their Steam platform...

Everyday the community is "thankful". We're not talking about that poor Raven Software company who completly fell into oblivion despite their sympathetic Singularity game, and the SoF series...

Jesus, I can also add that we have the biggest modding community of the VG world, numerous people who work every day since more than 10 years, working their ass off and sometimes doing extremely long and complex remakes and enhancements of the original games and add-ons...

So yeah, our "thanks" to Valve are already and since a decade, far beyond the words.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

27. Post #27
    November 2011
    242 Posts
    I appreciate the sentiment, OP, but as others have said, I'm sure our money is thanks enough for Valve.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    5,717 Posts

gaben: santas' nerdy nephew

29. Post #29
    October 2009
    5,853 Posts
    The problem is Valve is currently completly giving the finger to every fan action attempted.

-Usual daily mails sent to Marc Laidlaw, Gabe Newell?? ----> No answer, or totally vague answer.

-Those two canadians setting next to Valve HQ??? ----> Best answer from Valve so far : they gave them food, they invited us in their office, they let them play DOTA 2... But still NO INFO on HL3/Ep3.

-That Operation Crowbar? ---> Again, they answered to the fact : 1) they received the crowbars, 2) they will make something of them, 3) they even posted some photos of the crowbars next to Portal 2 awards, or for cutting chocolate.

OK, in fact I "see" the true objective of the OP is just to thank Valve... Yeah, thank Valve... Go thank this developer who has published fifty-awarded GOTY games, has sold millions of their games, gain massive money from their Steam platform...

Everyday the community is "thankful". We're not talking about that poor Raven Software company who completly fell into oblivion despite their sympathetic Singularity game, and the SoF series...

Jesus, I can also add that we have the biggest modding community of the VG world, numerous people who work every day since more than 10 years, working their ass off and sometimes doing extremely long and complex remakes and enhancements of the original games and add-ons...

So yeah, our "thanks" to Valve are already and since a decade, far beyond the words.

Oh shut up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    August 2010
    147 Posts
    Fuck you, Valve! Where is my Episode Three?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Zing Zing x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    January 2012
    282 Posts

I will only agree with one part: We should be sympathetic for Raven Software. They made pretty awesome games, now they're just a COD map factory. :(

32. Post #32

April 2011
    231 Posts
    Oh, many people would say "Raven who?".

SoF (the first one) was my favorite FPS with HL at this time. And Besides SoF2, no FPS were THIS violent.

Shooting enemies in the balls, blowing their guts out, seeing them choke after cutting their throats... This was so fun.
    And the story of SoF1 and 2 was so cliché that I occasionnaly bursted in laughs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    January 2012
    141 Posts

This led me to:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    October 2007
    450 Posts
    I'll thank them when they give us some info on EP3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,645 Posts
    Don't you think you're going a bit overboard when you dream about the CEO of your favourite game production company?
    because we totally have control over the DMT trip we experience at night. No fact is we dream we cannot simply just make a specific dream, sure we could control what happens in it but 99% of the people cannot do this so in terms with that how can you just say that he is going overboard with a dream he pretty much had no control over?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    March 2011
    106 Posts
    I hate you so much valve.
    Everyone know that why....

37. Post #37
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    OP is creepy kid who keeps a shrine of his crush in his closet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    August 2011
    1,204 Posts
    Oh look. The OP has only made 17 posts. That pretty much explains the entire thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,676 Posts
    Thank you valve for having sales that leave me with no money to buy new games throughout the year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,973 Posts
    Oh look. The OP has only made 17 posts. That pretty much explains the entire thread.
    You have 86.

People who determine other people's worth by their post count are lame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)