View Poll Results: Why do you like or hate Hondas?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't really care about Hondas.

28 17.95%
  • I like Hondas.

65 41.67%
  • I don't like Hondas because of how people style them.

12 7.69%
  • I don't like Hondas because the owners are usually douches.

20 12.82%
  • I fucking love Hondas.

31 19.87%
  1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    I thought maybe this carmaker needed its own thread, because it seems that Hondas are both extremely loved and hated in the states. Honda's don't in Denmark don't have a huge scene like they do in the states, but it's my impression that American Honda fans are (yes, I know I'm generalizing a lot here) douches.

What's the deal with the American Honda fags? Because when I watch movies of American Honda meetups on YouTube, it seems that they all sound like douches. Stuff like "Yo bro, check out my mad tyte JDM car". And the worst thing is, their cars often look really good IMO.

It also seems that Honda owners and other JDM/Japanese make car owners don't go together over there. I hang out with guys with Supras, Silvias, Skylines, etc. but it seems like all the Honda people group up, excluded from the group of other jap-cars, in the states.

So what's the deal? I just want to clarify all the hatred to the Hondas, and if it really is the cars or the owners.

Also, I know there's some Honda enthusiasts like me in here, so I guess we can discuss Honda stuff in here.

Aaaaaand one last thing. Just curious, do you think these look good or bad?

Cool
    Ugly

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 29Disagree Disagree x 15 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2010
    11,579 Posts
    NSX and S2000 nuff said

About the pictures above, I really like the last two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    Thanks for your input

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,758 Posts
    wagovan wagovan wagovan

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree x 4Disagree x 1Funny x 1Friendly x 1Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    I wish we had those over here. Apparently they were only sold in USA. That'd be the best winterbeater ever!

6. Post #6
    VAG Lover
    June 2010
    2,937 Posts
    Man I now desire getting a EG learn on it and possibly turbo it.

Only bad thing about in the states with other Honda owner's are them totally trashing them out.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,594 Posts
    A shout out for the forgotten Honda...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    The wagovan was sold everywhere, it was called a Shuttle in most places though.

I love Hondas, wish the owners weren't douchebags though. I only occasionally meet a Honda owner who isn't retarded, generally they don't know anything about cars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    We have the shuttle, but it's FWD :C

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Well I know we weren't the only country with 4WD shuttles. Japan got some rather crazy models of it.

Personally I like the 4th gen wagon better but it's always been because of Wagon Attack II:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,493 Posts
    A shout out for the forgotten Honda...

aw man, a guy that went to my school had an older Prelude, it was fucking low, and freaking sexy, don't have any pictures tho, it was a somewhat dark grey.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    The Prelude would've been 10 times cooler IMO if it was RWD. The design, IMO, isn't very cool, but it'd be a much better car in general if it was RWD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,470 Posts
    I like honda motorcycles, and some of their cars. (Nsx <3)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,611 Posts
    I like Hondas, but all the Honda owners near me put pink tow bars on the back and put them on purple or red wheels.

With lots of stickers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    I hate over ricer Honda like the ones we have here, and the newer hondas are ugly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,254 Posts
    Soon I will have a Honda civic 1.4i
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I hate the slow as fuck ones that i have driven.
    I hate the riced ones.
    I respect the swapped ones that are fast.
    I respect ferossos clean as fuck civic.

brap brap.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    What about not swapped ones that are fast?

Dirty D's fo life, cuz.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    I hate the slow as fuck ones that i have driven.
    I hate the riced ones.
    I respect the swapped ones that are fast.
    I respect ferossos clean as fuck civic.

brap brap.
    You're gonna hate mine now. I put stickers on it.

20. Post #20
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Do you own anything pertaining to the stickers

or are you one of those

Edited:

oh i see they arent brand stickers

I dunno, i wanna get a WATracing sticker and a vtec sticker for my car when i get a new one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    The EG has ONE sticker on it, in the engine bay on the strut tower. It's an ARP sticker. For obvious reasons.

I'd adorn mine with stickers for the stuff I put in my cars if I could find stickers for all the stuff. But it'd have to be subtle ones like Ferosso's window stickers.

22. Post #22
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    oh and if i get the mustang ii i'll get one that says "i run 12's"

since it does ~12 second 0-60
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    Searched my Facebook mobile uploads. Found some cool, old pics of the Civic.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    I can't say I like Hondas because 90% of them are over hyped as hell.
    Yeah kid, good for you, you drive a Civic DX. It's not a sportscar.

As far as Hondas I like, I'd say some are the NSX, the S2000, and a ton of shit Honda only made in Japan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    I'd like to try to drive a Beat!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    How tall are you, and do you have a wide body kit?

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    I'm 197 cm tall, and what?

Edit:

oh, yeah i'm a big boy, lol.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Hey, if you're too tall just drop the roof!

Edited:

If/When you do drive one, take a video. I wanna see that thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    As far as Hondas I like, I'd say some are the NSX, the S2000, and a ton of shit Honda only made in Japan.

The best Honda ever made was a Japan-only thing... :(

113 horsepower, air cooled, and rev hungry -- And this was in 1969.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    FEROSSO FIX THE LMAO POST

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle.../overview.html

They're RWD

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    What the actual fuck? http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...heeldrive.html

I've driven several, in snow. I kid you not, they're sold as FWD here!

32. Post #32
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    I fucking love some hondas

I like none riced civics, integras, and of course, s2000s and NSXs. I'm not too interested in their crossovers etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    What the actual fuck? http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...heeldrive.html

I've driven several, in snow. I kid you not, they're sold as FWD here!
    Uh... BMW doesn't make ANYTHING fwd.

And they won't be until... Next year I think. Or the year after.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    754 Posts
    I like Hondas for very different reasons than most people.

The chassis are light, other than that theyre pretty lack-luster (poor rigidity, bad suspension, etc.)
    The styling isnt particularily interesting and I could care even less for what people do to them for the sake of looking cool. Admittedly I do like the EJ/EK civic body style, but most of the others I just accept the way they look due to their weight.

Honda engines are what really impress me. Even the lowly D-series economy engines are capable of impressive NA output compared to many other manufactures.
    They are elegantly simple both mechanically and electrically, making them among the easiest cars to work on and modify.
    Then you add the huge aftermarket support and the low price for tuning hardware and you have the basis for a cheap and effective race car.

Also, I disslike a lot Honda owners. But thats another discussion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Their newer engines are pretty weak to their competitors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    I like Ferosso's civic. Acuras are generally pretty nice, NSX is dead sexy but it's an Acura over here. CRXs are pretty nice too. Civics are really reliable and hold their resale for a long time. They're just very generic stock. Some ones like Ferosso's are dead sexy though.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,493 Posts
    I like Hondas for very different reasons than most people.

The chassis are light, other than that theyre pretty lack-luster (poor rigidity, bad suspension, etc.)
    The styling isnt particularily interesting and I could care even less for what people do to them for the sake of looking cool. Admittedly I do like the EJ/EK civic body style, but most of the others I just accept the way they look due to their weight.

Honda engines are what really impress me. Even the lowly D-series economy engines are capable of impressive NA output compared to many other manufactures.
    They are elegantly simple both mechanically and electrically, making them among the easiest cars to work on and modify.
    Then you add the huge aftermarket support and the low price for tuning hardware and you have the basis for a cheap and effective race car.

Also, I disslike a lot Honda owners. But thats another discussion.
    not even just N/A, turbo'd they're pretty impressive aswell, can't say I've ever heard of any other brand 1.6 doing 700hp.

38. Post #38
    black people
    April 2008
    3,934 Posts
    I don't mind Honda's it's just that over here in central jersey there are honda's EVERYWHERE and they are beat up with a fart cannon and always try to race. I'm just trying to go get a hotdog jeez just because your car is loud doesn't make it fast silly. I see a few that are really nice.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    My Civic is extremely loud, but I don't have a fart can on it.

It actually has full 2.25" piping from engine to rear bumper, with a catalytic converter, smog legal (if we even had smog here). I run low restriction exhaust so the high comp D can spin up fast and easily, but that means it's also hella loud. At least it's bellowy and not RATTATATATATTTATATA like every other ricebox around here.

God, it's sitting out there in the shop and all I have to do is get a clutch and head gasket and I can drive it again. I'm so excited I could just shit.

Then again I still have some cleaning and painting to do, polishing, gotta dig up my correct pressure plate now too.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    25 Posts
    fake and gay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)