1. Post #441
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,760 Posts

So why did he kill off the entire world's population in the flood? Didn't he restrict their supposed "free will"?
    the more important question that nobody ever asks is 'why didn't anyone else's boat work?' and also 'how did Noah, a 600 year old man, manage to take on a project of that magnitude?'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #442
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,507 Posts
    the more important question that nobody ever asks is 'why didn't anyone else's boat work?' and also 'how did Noah, a 600 year old man, manage to take on a project of that magnitude?'
    You silly heritic, we have no need for logic when we have faith!

3. Post #443
    I make sexist and racist jokes all the time yet,i still support the feminist movement and the rights of blacks.
    July 2010
    5,535 Posts
    Logic≠bible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

4. Post #444
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,900 Posts
    I think he had like 100 sons do all the work for him or something.

Edited:

But they were probably 400 years old too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

5. Post #445
    October 2010
    13,332 Posts
    If God could see this, then why didn't he prevent it?
    That's so fucking stupid what you just said.

"If God WAS alive, then explain WHY we have so much SHIT in our world, which is ALL Human's doings, so we are not any better off WITHOUT God either!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

6. Post #446
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,507 Posts
    That's so fucking stupid what you just said.

"If God WAS alive, then explain WHY we have so much SHIT in our world, which is ALL Human's doings, so we are not any better off WITHOUT God either!"
    I don't really understand anything you said below the first line.

7. Post #447
    October 2010
    13,332 Posts
    Patriarch ^ lol nvm.

After all, God is a product of the human mind, like many other things. And few hundred millions years ago, there was no sin, atheism or even human yet, just wild fucking life.
    That's a theory.
    Doesn't make it any less true.

8. Post #448
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,507 Posts
    Patriarch ^ lol nvm.
    No, come on, tell me.
    Clearly you structured the sentence in such a way that my dummy brain could not even hope to process it. Could you repeat it, but in a way that uses less syllables and more acronyms like the ones you just used?

9. Post #449
    October 2010
    13,332 Posts
    Uhh.. Just that, you (plural) seem to be thinking like this; "Why did a deadly flood (ie.) happen when God could have just prevented it?" when God himself is never going to do or affect anything that happens on our planet. Just a mere artifice to make big changes in a lot of people, .. and stuff

10. Post #450
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,507 Posts
    Uhh.. Just that, you (plural) seem to be thinking like this; "Why did a deadly flood (ie.) happen when God could have just prevented it?" when God himself is never going to do or affect anything that happens on our planet. Just a mere artifice to make big changes in a lot of people, .. and stuff
    You're still not making any sense to me. You're not giving a valid reason as to why God doesn't intervene.

11. Post #451
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,545 Posts
    In my opinion the world would be a better place if religion was completely wiped from existence. It has nothing to do with racism or anything, it's just the concept of religion that bothers me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

12. Post #452
    January 2008
    84 Posts
    You're still not making any sense to me. You're not giving a valid reason as to why God doesn't intervene.
    Bat-shit often doesn't make any sense, and he isn't capable of processing other people's arguments about a hypothetical god, so don't worry yourself with it.

Edited:

I've seen him make replies like that before, to people who made similar arguments as to why God doesn't make any sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

13. Post #453
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    You're a fucking idiot if you can't see how religion has benefited society. There are lots of charities organized under it, just for one example.

Stop being an anti-theistic asshole and maybe you'll see how religion is just another organization just like politics or any other thing out there.
    No one gives a fuck, you think the reason they make those charities under a religious name is because it benefits humanity?

Politics isn't an organization, what the fuck are you smoking?

And no, I won't stop being anti-theistic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete South Africa Show Events

14. Post #454
    October 2010
    13,332 Posts
    Why would you even seek for a valid reason as to WHY God doesn't intervene? That's just.. no. God doesn't work that way, never has, never will. It is usually the people who choose to intervene when something bad is about to go down, you know.

Hell, you might as well be asking "Why doesn't Bat-man, Super-man or Spider-man intervene?"

15. Post #455
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    Why would you even seek for a valid reason as to WHY God doesn't intervene? That's just.. no. God doesn't work that way, never has, never will. It is usually the people who choose to intervene when something bad is about to go down, you know.

Hell, you might as well be asking "Why doesn't Bat-man, Super-man or Spider-man intervene?"
    Because they don't exist?

16. Post #456
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,507 Posts

He flooded the earth. That's sounds like an intervention if I've ever heard one.

17. Post #457
    August 2009
    8,268 Posts
    Everyone has the right to be an atheist, everyone has the right to be a Christian/Muslim/Jew/Hindu etc.
    Can't we just all get along?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #458
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    Everyone has the right to be an atheist, everyone has the right to be a Christian/Muslim/Jew/Hindu etc.
    Can't we just all get along?
    Everyone's way past that argument.

19. Post #459
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,183 Posts
    Why is everyone so worried about proving their own beliefs, be secure in your beliefs whatever they are. Yes it is annoying when people push their beliefs on others, but both sides do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

20. Post #460
    I make sexist and racist jokes all the time yet,i still support the feminist movement and the rights of blacks.
    July 2010
    5,535 Posts
    He flooded the earth. That's sounds like an intervention if I've ever heard one.
    Well,that's one of many reasons why God is a sociopathic sadistic genocidal maniac.
    He simply doesn't have any regard for life nor well being of someone,therefore why should he prevent something that can potentially kill millions?
    I have no idea though why people hold the opinion that their God is all loving.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

21. Post #461
    October 2010
    13,332 Posts
    What are you saying? Who flooded the earth? God?

It's not like there aren't other crazy natural phenomenons, so how come a flooding is now important? Because of Noah? I don't think Noah ever gathered up (all?) the animals on a boat, but it's not like people haven't done crazy things either.

22. Post #462
    August 2009
    8,268 Posts
    Everyone's way past that argument.
    Based on the ad. homs. being thrown around we don't seem that past it.

23. Post #463
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    And no, I won't stop being anti-theistic.
    and that, right there, is why you're making an ass of yourself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

24. Post #464
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    and that, right there, is why you're making an ass of yourself
    What's wrong with anti-theism?

By the way, when are you going to start contributing instead of moderating my.posts?

25. Post #465
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    What's wrong with anti-theism?

By the way, when are you going to start contributing instead of moderating my.posts?
    i'll tell you what's wrong with it, it shows a complete lack of tolerance for other human beings and their views - not to mention it's the leading cause for thousands of pointless flamewars

26. Post #466
    Gold Member

May 2005
    2,268 Posts
    i'll tell you what's wrong with it, it shows a complete lack of tolerance for other human beings and their views - not to mention it's the leading cause for thousands of pointless flamewars
    Wait why exactly does anyone need to tolerate a view that involves people who don't share that view being tortured for eternity?

27. Post #467
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    Wait why exactly does anyone need to tolerate a view that involves people who don't share that view being tortured for eternity?
    why does it matter what they believe? if you don't believe that you'll be tortured for eternity then why make a big deal about others believing it?

28. Post #468
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    What's wrong with being intolerant for what amounts to a fairy tale?

Edited:

why does it matter what they believe? if you don't believe that you'll be tortured for eternity then why make a big deal about others believing it?
    Because wars are fought over these beliefs.

29. Post #469
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    What's wrong with being intolerant for what amounts to a fairy tale?
    you just wind up being an asshole to large amounts of people, that's what. not to mention the fact it makes us atheists look bad.

Because wars are fought over these beliefs.
    wars are also fought over resources. should we start being dicks to the people who own and exploit them?
    that's a shitty argument anyway. you can't take the actions of the extreme few and paint everyone with that brush. that's just being crass.

30. Post #470
    Gold Member

May 2005
    2,268 Posts
    I'm not making a big deal over it, I'm just answering the question that frequently comes up in this sort of form: "why can't you just respect others beliefs?"

I think everyone should be allowed to have their views, to say otherwise would be heading towards "1984". While I think everyone should be allowed to have their views, that doesn't mean I need to respect their views (for reasons listed in my last post, for example).

31. Post #471
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    I'm not making a big deal over it, I'm just answering the question that frequently comes up in this sort of form: "why can't you just respect others beliefs?"

I think everyone should be allowed to have their views, to say otherwise would be heading towards "1984". While I think everyone should be allowed to have their views, that doesn't mean I need to respect their views (for reasons listed in my last post, for example).
    oh, yeah. well that is a good point.
    it just seems really stupid to pick fights over such a petty issue, though, especially when they can be avoided

32. Post #472
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    you just wind up being an asshole to large amounts of people, that's what. not to mention the fact it makes us atheists look bad.

wars are also fought over resources. should we start being dicks to the people who own and exploit them?
    that's a shitty argument anyway. you can't take the actions of the extreme few and paint everyone with that brush. that's just being crass.
    So you're saying we should be tolerant of human beings who support a system that has done countless horrific acts, The Inquisition, Holocaust etc. And who still actively endanger and restrict the rights of other human beings, Women not being able to drive in some countries, Catholic child molesters, Jewish circumcision. And you barge in here calling me intolerant for actively being against this plague that man has beset upon himself.

Oh please.

33. Post #473
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    So you're saying we should be tolerant of human beings who support a system that has done countless horrific acts, The Inquisition, Holocaust etc. And who still actively endanger and restrict the rights of other human beings, Women not being able to drive in some countries, Catholic child molesters, Jewish circumcision. And you barge in here calling me intolerant for actively being against this plague that man has beset upon himself.

Oh please.
    so i guess you think you're some kind of morally superior genius then
    affiliating with a religion does not mean you support the inquisition, or the holocaust, or any of the other things. never has, never will. like i said, you can't take the actions of extremists and paint everyone with that brush. no, religion is not perfect, but that's no reason to pick a fight with more than 80% of the population, especially when it makes us atheists look like a bunch of dicks.

34. Post #474
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,507 Posts
    How does it exactly? I hate religion, but I don't hate those who are religious.
    I hate the insitution, not its followers.

35. Post #475
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,837 Posts
    affiliating with a religion does not mean you support the inquisition, or the holocaust, or any of the other things. never has, never will. like i said, you can't take the actions of extremists and paint everyone with that brush. no, religion is not perfect, but that's no reason to pick a fight with more than 80% of the population, especially when it makes us atheists look like a bunch of dicks.
    Oh good you found a way to say it. I was having an issue finding words for a response to that.

I myself am Christian, I've seen some atheists be serious assholes towards theists, but I've also seen some theists do the same to atheists. There are some members of my faith that deserve every asshole comment thrown at them simply because they dish out some serious assholery themselves, but I don't approve of the wide area bashing of religion or the painting of theists as bad people simply because there are people or events that can be traced somehow to a religion. Just because I'm christian doesn't mean I approve of every "in the name of God!" that has occurred in the past. I interpret the bible differently than a lot of christians I know, but thats because i see it differently and was raised to see it that way.

So yes, in some cases I agree, FP is way to hard on religion. But its not like we religious folk did nothing to warrant some of the asshole comments we get.

36. Post #476
    November 2009
    6,600 Posts
    I don't affiliate the believers with supporters of the holocaust or whatever you're insinuating, but I won't tolerate a blatant lie of a system. Also I read that you were an atheist in that first post, I don't care, there's no need to mention it again.

37. Post #477
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,507 Posts
    I interpret the bible differently than a lot of christians I know, but thats because i see it differently and was raised to see it that way.
    How do you know that's the right way to interpret it?
    At that, how do you know that it's not meant to be taken at face value?

38. Post #478
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,837 Posts
    How do you know that's the right way to interpret it?
    At that, how do you know that it's not meant to be taken at face value?
    How am I supposed to know?

39. Post #479
    Mon
    April 2011
    4,102 Posts
    I don't affiliate the believers with supporters of the holocaust or whatever you're insinuating, but I won't tolerate a blatant lie of a system. Also I read that you were an atheist in that first post, I don't care, there's no need to mention it again.
    i wasn't making a point about me being an atheist, i was making a point about you making us look bad.
    like, i hope you realize that people won't want to affiliate with / become atheists if they think we're a bunch of assholes

also: the holocaust was not started by a religious group. you seriously should know that.
    also jews were considered a race, rather than a religious group.

40. Post #480
    October 2010
    13,332 Posts
    There is no right way to interpret the bible, not when hundreds of different kinds of men/people have wrote down their versions on the pages, throughout our history.

I'd interpret it down to just "Love thy neighbor."