December 2009
    136 Posts
    Oh I'm loving it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belarus Show Events

2. Post #122
    July 2010
    2,045 Posts
    what's the difference between the new and old SGC ZPM hubs
    The possibility to insert/snap a ZPM and remove it like with the Atlantis ZPM HUB!

TO ALL:

Could someone code the Asuran ZPM Hub ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #123

April 2012
    9 Posts
    Hello CAP.
    Can you make Goa'uld doors like on goa'uld ships or bases in SG-1 series?
    And can you also make goauld door controller from goauld ring panel so it will work like codelock?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,558 Posts
    did anyone say clearer? =D
    indeed it is. http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/546/es47bse458e4.png
    the dark edge on the outside seems a bit too dark, but i'd call that -personal preference- ^^

edit: i forgot to mention, that i still have some old files from avons addon floating around, that's why the screenshot looks so different.
    Thats... just pretty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #125
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Hi, am having trouble with cap. Every time i open gmod, i get SGA gates with no chevrons and SG1 gates with no ring that spins around. Only had this problem with revisions 208 and 209. How do i fix this. Please help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #126
    April 2011
    341 Posts
    Hi, am having trouble with cap. Every time i open gmod, i get SGA gates with no chevrons and SG1 gates with no ring that spins around. Only had this problem with revisions 208 and 209. How do i fix this. Please help.
    download before_cap_sg_groups...problem fixed...

Edited:

Hello CAP.
    Can you make Goa'uld doors like on goa'uld ships or bases in SG-1 series?
    And can you also make goauld door controller from goauld ring panel so it will work like codelock?
    they are not getting requests ...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

7. Post #127

April 2011
    602 Posts

Edited:

Correction, not taking requests. Lots are made...

@Boba: Yes yes maybe tomorrow..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    I already have before cap sg with groups, it still doesn't work. Is it a problem with cap or before cap sg with groups. If it is a problem with either, how do i fix it. Tried downloading it again, but the same problem occured.

Edited:

9. Post #129
    July 2009
    639 Posts
    I already have before cap sg with groups, it still doesn't work. Is it a problem with cap or before cap sg with groups. If it is a problem with either, how do i fix it. Tried downloading it again, but the same problem occured.
    make sure you have Wire, sg groups and cap fully updated and remove all other addons and see if the error is still there its a conflicting addon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #130
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    make sure you have Wire, sg groups and cap fully updated and remove all other addons and see if the error is still there its a conflicting addon
    will try that

Edited:

will try that
    Tried it and, it did still not work. SGA gates still have no chevrons, and SG1 gates still spawn with no ring that moves around. Are there any conflicting addons i might have, do you know what the conflicting addons are.

11. Post #131
    February 2010
    605 Posts
    Rev 210

Added:

- Added new Asuran ZPM Hub.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

12. Post #132
    July 2010
    2,045 Posts
    Great that was nice and fast! Only bug I notice is that 3 ZPM's are listed and as the Asuran Hub only carry's one it should be only 1!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

13. Post #133
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Important.
    We are going to fix some stuff. If you want to suggest anything that isn't listed there - go ahead.

http://sg-carterpack.com/index.php/topic,86.0.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

14. Post #134
    June 2005
    100 Posts
    Crikey things have come along way. Need to fire up GMod this evening me thinks! @Madman: Does the Daedalus not work? :( otherwise, why are you removing the code?

15. Post #135
    July 2010
    2,045 Posts
    Crikey things have come along way. Need to fire up GMod this evening me thinks! @Madman: Does the Daedalus not work? :( otherwise, why are you removing the code?
    The Daedalus was in development and I think Madman doesn't have enough time to finish it or at least not now so that's why he's removing it now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #136
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Ok, so i removed everything but wire, before cap and cap. (left achievements and toybox in addons as well. Does wire extras, or pc mod disrupt cap. If they are not disrupting it, what do you think is. If i know what it is, i can leave them out without going through them all.
    will try that

Edited:

Tried it and, it did still not work. SGA gates still have no chevrons, and SG1 gates still spawn with no ring that moves around. Are there any conflicting addons i might have, do you know what the conflicting addons are.

17. Post #137
    October 2010
    1,495 Posts
    @orrila go into console, and look loading log, find error, and post it here if there is any.

Edited:

Great that was nice and fast! Only bug I notice is that 3 ZPM's are listed and as the Asuran Hub only carry's one it should be only 1!
    SGC Hub also have this bug, and in description i see "SGA Hub" (when look and sgc hub), lol :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

18. Post #138
    geekdeer

December 2009
    216 Posts
    Important.
    We are going to fix some stuff. If you want to suggest anything that isn't listed there - go ahead.

http://sg-carterpack.com/index.php/topic,86.0.html
    I have a suggestion :
    --> Trying to make this addons to be compatible with gmod13 ?

and also I have an another suggestion :
    why not making small packs of the addons.
    Like:
    ("Carter Addon Pack - Basic") --> for only gates
    ("Carter Addon Pack - Sweps") --> for only Weapons
    ("Carter Addon Pack - Energy and Stools") --> for only for Hubs and ZPM things...
    ("Carter Addon Pack - Complete") --> for All stuff...

it's not should be hard to separate the full pack
    and user should economising their bandwith

look at Scars addons there is 3 separate folder working for all the pack.

If it's possible there is no way to make the vgui working in gmod13 ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    October 2010
    1,495 Posts
    @GeekDeer read changelog from my addon rev 212.

As for separate pack - it can't be done anyway, because on workshop max file size is 100 mb, and cap have 2 gb of data, so we should have ~20 separate packs? Lol... And some things can't work without other things or just have no effect, so this is just almost impossible. And updating stuff will be very difficult in this case. I hope cap team agree with me.

20. Post #140
    geekdeer

December 2009
    216 Posts
    Yeah I all ready read your changelog, but maybe not 20 packs, or it's maybe time of rewrite and optimizing the stuff.

and about just making the gate only working for now, I think it's should be possible for the 100mb size on workshop for now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #141
    October 2010
    1,495 Posts
    @GeekDeer why you want workshop? Whats wrong with old addon system way? Its works and for what uplaod to workshop? I'm not undersanding that. Right now gmod13 is UNSTABLE, there is much bugs and some features just can't work because its broke in gmod13 engine. So no one will do for you what you want. We will wait for stable version of gmod13 and only then will thing about it. So stop complain about gmod13.

22. Post #142
    July 2010
    2,045 Posts
    Yeah I all ready read your changelog, but maybe not 20 packs, or it's maybe time of rewrite and optimizing the stuff.

and about just making the gate only working for now, I think it's should be possible for the 100mb size on workshop for now.
    Old CAP existed out of small groups but it wasn't that efficient that's why we merged them to 2 therefor there won't be another separation!

Edited:

did anyone say clearer? =D
    indeed it is. http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/546/es47bse458e4.png
    the dark edge on the outside seems a bit too dark, but i'd call that -personal preference- ^^

edit: i forgot to mention, that i still have some old files from avons addon floating around, that's why the screenshot looks so different.
    This any better: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59...EA8A7BC812336/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    i wasn't saying it was "not good" looking ^^...it's good as it is.
    the slight "distortion" on my screeny, is just caused by some old files from avon...nothing to worry about. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

24. Post #144
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Could not find the error, but do you know if any addons, like wire extras and pcmod could disrupt cap.
    @orrila go into console, and look loading log, find error, and post it here if there is any.

Edited:

SGC Hub also have this bug, and in description i see "SGA Hub" (when look and sgc hub), lol :D

25. Post #145
    May 2010
    34 Posts
    Can someone code the Icarus ramp?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

26. Post #146
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Long time ago we had separate svn's for different stuff (weapons, ships etc). It didn't worked.
    Workshop isn't good idea for such addon. I believe noone of developers like idea of uploading 2gb of data even, if we are making small lua fix. Users wouldn't like it as well. Svn is the best sollution for us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #147
    July 2010
    2,045 Posts
    Or a sort of FTP access to the workshop so you can update without uploading the whole file again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

28. Post #148
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Are you going to make more sweps (kull warrior, wraith stunner, TER and stuff in mckay, replicator and sg mod packs). Will you also be making more NPC's. Also, the wraith and prior do not fire stargate weapons, are you going to fix this. It would be great. Also, the shield tool does not stop bullets (and other sweps), are you going to fix it, why does it not block bullets. Also, with constant running into the shiled, npcs's go through it, will this be fixed as well.
    Long time ago we had separate svn's for different stuff (weapons, ships etc). It didn't worked.
    Workshop isn't good idea for such addon. I believe noone of developers like idea of uploading 2gb of data even, if we are making small lua fix. Users wouldn't like it as well. Svn is the best sollution for us.

29. Post #149
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Probably no. If we would get models then yes. Otherwise no.
    Shield Core block only non HalfLife (and non CS) weapons and not always. I would have to dig trough custom physic engine code some day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

30. Post #150
    July 2010
    2,045 Posts
    People we are NOT I REPEAT NOT doing anything new we are ONLY doing bug fixes! If you find any bugs that Madman did not list please report them so we can fix them!

Do not request for anything new this will only make us annoyed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Cannot you use models from things like stargate the last stand and other stargate games. Also, why did you get rid of the hatak and Auroura ships. And, could you post a tutorial on how the achen defence system works. I use wire every time and it never seems to start up. I was also wondering how to aim the asgard beam weapons.
    Probably no. If we would get models then yes. Otherwise no.
    Shield Core block only non HalfLife (and non CS) weapons and not always. I would have to dig trough custom physic engine code some day.
    I see some one put this post as dumb (it is not), i am new to Gmod, thought this addon was great, but want to know more and get answers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

32. Post #152

April 2011
    602 Posts
    Cannot you use models from things like stargate the last stand and other stargate games. Also, why did you get rid of the hatak and Auroura ships. And, could you post a tutorial on how the achen defence system works. I use wire every time and it never seems to start up. I was also wondering how to aim the asgard beam weapons.
    Ever heard of copyrights? Artists' pride? Boba won't use anything he hasn't done himself... :x

Oh and didn't he just say in the post above yours that they're not taking requests? And the ships... Well I don't know how many times they've said they won't bring them back BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO LARGE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Ok, I am new to CAP so i didn't really no any of that Because thier large stuff, never seen it anywhere. As for copyright, stargate the last stand is a mod for HL2. I sure that doesn't have copyright, but i spose if they don't want to, thery're not going to. Oh well. I mean, when their done with CAP, what will they do, just 'let it die' and do no more work on it. Take no offecne though as it it great. However it is the only good stargate game still around (apart from stargate pegasus chronicles and a few other mods), and there is so much left in stargate to add to the Pack. If you don't want to work on it, would you let other people as they might want to continue your work, or add to it. Also, it would be great to know if there is a way to get old versions of CAP. PLEASE REPLY, i went on the forum as every time i emailed a help service they take weeks to respond.
    Ever heard of copyrights? Artists' pride? Boba won't use anything he hasn't done himself... :x

Oh and didn't he just say in the post above yours that they're not taking requests? And the ships... Well I don't know how many times they've said they won't bring them back BECAUSE THEY'RE TOO LARGE.

34. Post #154
    July 2010
    2,045 Posts
    Every thing that is in CAP gets a Copyright if its from another mod or pack without direct permission that can wave their copyright away we are doing a criminal act!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #155
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Ok, then, didn't know about that, but is there a way to get old revisions of CAP. and will you let other people edit if you don't want to any more.
    Every thing that is in CAP gets a Copyright if its from another mod or pack without direct permission that can wave their copyright away we are doing a criminal act!
    Also wondering, is anyone working on Replicator, McKay and SG-Mod packs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    135 Posts
    Could someone make a wraith stunner from Atlantis that would be great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

37. Post #157

April 2011
    602 Posts
    Ok, then, didn't know about that, but is there a way to get old revisions of CAP. and will you let other people edit if you don't want to any more. Also wondering, is anyone working on Replicator, McKay and SG-Mod packs.
    Redownload and choose any revision you want with Tortoise SVN?

Could someone make a wraith stunner from Atlantis that would be great
    Sorry I'm busy at the moment and it is "broke" because the old staff_pulse from aVoN's is not included in CAP anymore and the stun entity instantly kills things if based on the new energy_pulse

(And yes I tried the damage block model)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

38. Post #158
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Alright then, how do i redownload and choose a revision
    Redownload and choose any revision you want with Tortoise SVN?

Sorry I'm busy at the moment and it is "broke" because the old staff_pulse from aVoN's is not included in CAP anymore and the stun entity instantly kills things if based on the new energy_pulse

(And yes I tried the damage block model)

39. Post #159
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Nevermind, found how to redownload. Still wondering if mckay, replicator and SG mod packs are being worked on still.

Edited,
    Go to next pg for next post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Most stuff from McKay Pack and from SG mod are already included. Just replicators left to be here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)