1. Post #721
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,745 Posts
    Sorry for this being unrelated to the thread, but since we do not have a Stargate thread on FP anymore, I figured this is the place to post it:

I've been working on this from time to time over the last couple of days:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

2. Post #722
    April 2011
    342 Posts
    O.o looks good but i prefer 3d model then only image :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #723
    Dennab
    March 2010
    338 Posts
    MadMan07,
    If you need a trustworthy, indentured little slave (say, you need lines of codes copy-pasted over and over with small logical changes), I'd be happy to carry out basics tasks for you while you do any 'more complicated' type stuff.

If you want, I can be like a computer program that runs conversion tasks on your scripts, only I can speak English and have a sentient mind capable of understanding ^.^
    (And I wouldn't want any sort of credit, merely to help you prepare for #13 would be enough accomplishment for me)

Don't worry if you don't need the help, just offering whatever service I can! ^.^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

4. Post #724
    July 2009
    641 Posts
    Beta Open Grab your key now !! (20,000 keys)

Here !!
    dude your awesome, many thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

5. Post #725
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Avent, thanks, I will let u know when i will need you :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

6. Post #726
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    Hello guys and yes, I'm still alive.

I found a tiny, easy to-overlook, mistake in CAP.
    In the dial menu, the SGU glyph for the letter G doesn't match the one on the gate and SGU DHD. Instead, the same glyph as for J is displayed.

Should be this:

Not important, I know, but...still. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #727
    July 2009
    641 Posts

In the dial menu, the SGU glyph for the letter G doesn't match the one on the gate and SGU DHD. Instead, the same glyph as for J is displayed.

Should be this:

my gess thats an error in the font.

nice spotting xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

8. Post #728
    July 2010
    2,046 Posts

Just because we love you that much we'll fix it :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #729
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    my gess thats an error in the font.

nice spotting xD
    That's my guess, too. Found it while deciding on the gate asdresses for the locations of "that map"

Just because we love you that much we'll fix it :D
    Thanks a lot. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

10. Post #730
    July 2010
    2,046 Posts
    Rev254

Fixed:

- Fixed Tollona Gate Glyph not lightning up in Non Lit Areas
    - Fixed "MALP Remote" device name (not "MALP Remove" now).
    - Improved Hungarian translation.
    - Fixed stargate vgui menu create lua errors and lags in gmod13 after latest gmod update.
    - Fixed glyphs G, E in stargate universe font "brought up by tikay"
    - Fixed glyphs displaying in menu on gmod13.
    Note: If you want get glyphs to work in gmod13, then copy all the files from the folder: "addons/cap_resources/resource/fonts" to "garrysmodbeta/resource/fonts folder". For now there is no other way to load it without manualy copieng to the main Gmod13 Folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

11. Post #731
    November 2009
    459 Posts
    Rev254
    - Fixed glyphs G, E in stargate universe font "brought up by tikay"
    What was wrong with E ? o.O

[nerdmode]
    I also noticed that this glyph is missing: . But adding/replacing it would require to also change the texture for the gate and DHD, so scrap that idea.
    [/nerdmode]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #732
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    What was wrong with E ? o.O
    Before latest update E have glyph from G, G have duplicate from J... Glyphs E and G almost same, but still made mistake...

E: (dot dash dot dot dash)

G: (dot long-dash dot dot dash)

I also noticed that this glyph is missing: . But adding/replacing it would require to also change the texture for the gate and DHD, so scrap that idea.
    Yep, so we will not do this)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

13. Post #733
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Seriusly, I had idea some time ago (only for gmod beta!). I'm going to turn kino remote screen into flexible kino remote screen. Eg, when user will want to dial a gate, kino remote will be "showed" on entire screen, and we will see gate adress in real time and we will able to move between them just like in SGU. Seems it will be quite nice feature. And view from kino, will be displayed on that screen in the same way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Lua King Lua King x 5Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #734
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    135 Posts
    could you guys but a dialing screen in the destiny dhd console
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #735
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    It's alos planned from long time, thoguth i dont have enought brains to help me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

16. Post #736
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    could you guys but a dialing screen in the destiny dhd console
    i thought of that while back, just never said anything because i forgot lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    May 2011
    97 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #738
    January 2012
    43 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #739
    October 2007
    455 Posts
    Here's a crazy question. If i built a more up to date SGC ramp and Icarus ramp (Icarus ramp wtih correct dimensions, for instance. SGC ramp with side columns to "hold up" top clamps). Should I be waiting until before or after Gmod 13 to make and compile them? Also, would you guys be willing to add them into CAP?

I'm also looking at building appropriate SBEP parts so they'd accurately fit into gateroom style props for SBEP. But that's a way a way.

I only ask cause I've found a whole bunch of blueprints from Joesph Malozzi's site and pictures of various SG1/A/U props and I'm personally going to try to build the SGC/Stage 5 sound stage in my freetime in the coming months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #740
    Dennab
    March 2010
    338 Posts
    When did CAP start working on #13?
    I just put it in addons, and it WORKED!!! I was amazed XD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #741
    July 2009
    641 Posts
    a while back but eventho some of it works i wouldnt post any "this dosnt work in gmod 13" as the guys making this mod proably already know about it and such comment swill only really piss them off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

22. Post #742
    January 2012
    206 Posts
    I put it in addons and it just crashed my game...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

23. Post #743
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Alex made some fixes but i woudlnt say that it works good.

Im working on gmod 13 but with current speed and ppl to help me, it will take 2-3 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #744
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    Alex made some fixes but i woudlnt say that it works good.

Im working on gmod 13 but with current speed and ppl to help me, it will take 2-3 years.
    Yep, my fixes is just a temporary solution, for those who want right now play with stargates on gmod13. There is some bugs etc. Real adaptation to gmod13 will be not soon.

ps if i will switch to gmod13, then probably much parts (at least stargates/dhds and some other shit) will be adapted to gmod13 by few weeks :D but right now i'm waiting for fix some important features what garry broke...

25. Post #745
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    @ AlexALX

I had been looking at the stargate wiki and found this (http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Galaxy) page. It shows that the ida galaxy is only one of 2 asgard galaxy's, the other being othala. It would be great if you added the othala galaxy as a group into the gate menu.

Thanks
    Orrila
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #746
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    Rev 255 changes:

Added:

- Othala galaxy to stargate groups.

Fixed:
    - Naqadah generator mk2 explode. But this create lags, and i'm not sure if this is bug or created specially, so i'm not touch this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

27. Post #747
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Rev 255 changes:

Added:

- Othala galaxy to stargate groups.

Fixed:
    - Naqadah generator mk2 explode. But this create lags, and i'm not sure if this is bug or created specially, so i'm not touch this.
    That was quick

Edit: After Playing i noticed that both othala and ori galaxy's use o as there 8th chevron. For othala, you could use 0 (Zero) instead of o. It still lookks good see 0thala

Cheers AlexALX
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #748
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    Edit: After Playing i noticed that both othala and ori galaxy's use o as there 8th chevron. For othala, you could use 0 (Zero) instead of o. It still lookks good see 0thala
    For what? In this case you just can't set 2 same addresses with this groups. For example you can't create 2 gates with address 123456 O@ and 123456 OT, it will says like address already in use. In any other cases it work fine...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #749
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    For what? In this case you just can't set 2 same addresses with this groups. For example you can't create 2 gates with address 123456 O@ and 123456 OT, it will says like address already in use. In any other cases it work fine...
    Yep
    Fair enough
    Orrila
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #750
    Dennab
    March 2010
    338 Posts
    Awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

31. Post #751
    February 2010
    605 Posts
    Rev 256 changes:

Fixed:
    - Naqadah generator causing server crash/massive laggs when being destroyed or overloaded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #752

February 2012
    32 Posts
    On my server the MK1 Naquadah generator ( Carter's generator ) when is link with node, cause freeze !
    ( When is "form" turn on/off )

+ Fail traduction in french, Brazier => not Brazéos ^^ but "Brasier"

And Which is the utility of the Jamming device ? 0_o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

33. Post #753
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    Rev 257 changes:

Fixed:

- Arthur mantle have 2 same glyphs in address on hologram.
    - Naqadah generator mk2 countdown timer not displating for owner.
    - Some other bugs.

34. Post #754
    January 2012
    43 Posts
    Rev254

Fixed:
    - Fixed Tollona Gate Glyph not lightning up in Non Lit Areas
    @Boba
    are u sure u put the fix into the update cuz its still not lighting up for me in non lit areas. or is it just that im having a another colliding addon that makes me see this bug?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

35. Post #755
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    Hey guys, and what to do with this now? http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1183314

I'm really now do not want to do anything to gmod if garry is so.... >_< Hate him right now...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #756

May 2012
    1 Posts
    Hey guys, and what to do with this now? http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1183314

I'm really now do not want to do anything to gmod if garry is so.... >_< Hate him right now...
    Yeah hes a bit of a dick, he acts like a kind guy but in all reality hes just a dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #757
    July 2010
    2,046 Posts
    @Boba
    are u sure u but the fix into the update cuz its still not lighting up for me in non lit areas. or is it just that im having a another colliding addon that makes me see this bug?
    Hmm going to see again! I had a couple problems with updating so there might gone something wrong don't worry its nothing special and if its not fixed i'll fix it soon :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

38. Post #758

January 2012
    10 Posts
    Guys, this can be not so important but I want to know why is this happening. I have a bug with SGU gate ring rotation speed. It's slower than I saw in Alex' videos. Maybe some people have this thing, I don't know.

Just look at this:

The same thing happens during slow dial.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

39. Post #759
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    @PN_Rus buy better CPU... This happens on slow pc's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #760

January 2012
    10 Posts
    @PN_Rus buy better CPU... This happens on slow pc's.
    Oh, OK. I thought about this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events