I will mostly be staying with CAP and see what the community can give us, if that fails i'll just close it up with locutus, llapp and alex.
Sooner or Later I'll be giving a shout to everyone if there are enough people to react to that shout we might turn around, who knows what we'll do!
Its ok I wa just saying, I found it weird at first, and oops Charlie, 279* ;)
@all translators please again go here - http://sg-carterpack.com/index.php/t...5.html#msg2565
Need to translate few new fields what come wit hcap rev 280.
Edit: please go once again, message updated...
I send to you ( AlexALX ) the French translation by PM ;)
Rev 280 changes:
* New console command for admins - stargate_close_all, what close all gates on map (not including stargates blocked by some devices like overloader etc).
* New convar stargate_physics_clipping (default 1), what enables physics clipping in event horizon. But ths can cause physics crash in game sometimes, so can be disabled if you have problems.
* Restored and updated czech translation (thanks to CharlieX3 for re-translate and re-checking it).
* Updated estonian, french, german, hungarian, russian, slovak translations.
* CAP Spawn list's, added new ragdolls in it.
* Stargate convars menu, added new checkbox with physics convar, added button "Close All Stargates", also it little bigger now.
* Shaped Charge now will be removed after explosion.
* Destiny medium and main weapons spawn 2 guns at same time.
* Mobile dhd autoweld checkbox not working correct.
* Physics clipping in event horizon.
* Fixed event horizon sometimes not destroying frozen props/entities in eh when it's unstable or closing.
* Fixed some problems with model clipping in event horizon, now it may work with welded props/adv dupes little better, but still there is many bugs.
* Fixed "Disconnect" error in sp if set game to pause and in event horizon there is touching some prop/entity etc.
* Fixed event horizon touch effect displaying only for one prop/entity at same time.
* Fixed bug with closing stargates, when gate is do wormhole jump.
* Tollan turret rotates when unfreeze its base.
* Some other small bugs.
Note: please remove old cap spawn list's from garrysmod\settings\spawnlist\ folder (file names what contains "carter_s addon pack") for update it.
And also small video:
So guys, like i said, rev 280 is the last, now i'm no confirm any bug reports, etc. What's done, that's done. I'm going to work so no more updates from me for long time now.
Physics clip crash physics engine because somewhere in hook it's returning both true and false for same set of entities. Fix it.
I tried something with a lot of parts and welds and the game instantly crashed when it touched the EH, other then that epic update.
ps we have teleported with friend spaceship builder with SBEP through supergates :D ant its work, but after teleport it got messed :D
Edit: or you mean only when much welds? when few its work fine right?
Interesting Update Alex, good job!
Why do most of my SWEP's stop working after I install this?
Woah, nice update! One step closer to "Stargate realism"!
Lol, i have found critical "bug" in gmod for our event horizon... After few hours for trying understand "why the f..ck welded props sometimes out of eh buffer before teleportation" i got WHY.... It seems like gmod engine calling functions "StartTouch/Touch/EndTouch" for all welder/parented props/entites at same time if one of this props/entities stops touch with eh! Damn it... Thats why eh is lagging with welded/parented props/entites. This is very stupid... Can't fix it at all... My code is correct, but gmod touch event is incorrect >_<
Anyone else think that the gate could produce a little (a lot) more light? ehh? ehhhh? Even in a room that is lit up, a shimmering blue glow should be across every surface.
@flames911, just enable DynamicLight for stargates in settings. It probably disabled by default because of hi fps drop.
P.S. If anyone is interested, what is going on with my programming skills (and other skills), feel free to come here: http://madman07.ugu.pl :)
So say I was bored, and say I was willing to try and fix the bugs I left behind a fair while ago. Where would I find such a list of bugs?
I spoke with Person8880 a while ago. He's been looking into that code. He told me some values that were supposed to be unique were shared between the Jumpers. I haven't looked at it myself, because it's said to be a mess, so I don't know how obvious it is.
You had a values for the forward, left/right and up/down speeds as 'num', 'num2' and 'num3', not 'self.num' etc. Though even changing them to self.num etc. didn't make a difference.
@Ronon Dex ah and i know one other bug - control chair also can't be used if spawned few chairs at same time... Can be same problem like with jumper idk.
The num values are in the ENT:PhysicsSimulate() function and they're defined in there as globals (around line 622 onwards of init.lua).
Also does anyone host a CAP server where I can test fixes?
@Ronon Dex if you will work on bug fixing, then you should look at this very usefull addon for coders "lua_reloadent": http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=769149
I'm using it long time and its very usefull, also saidabout it to othercoders it cap and not only in cap, and now everyone gmod coder what i know used it :D So recomend it also for you. Can very much save time for reloading and coding.
ps ent should be re-spawned in most cases for take effect, but not always.
Hmm and what about to slow down rockets and drones ?? They are too fast and the chance to hit somebody is under 10% LoL ...
Hey I was wondering if someone could take the Mini Drone Platform model, and cut out the launcher and just leave the pedestal, and have it so it wire outputs if they use the action key on it..I'm suggesting it because in the Atlantis episode "The Return" the Ancient women brings the pedestal out of the ground and put's her hand on it and it disables all the systems. http://i.imgur.com/sOaz8.jpg