1. Post #3161
    May 2010
    129 Posts
    gmod 13 is so big and different. maybe it would have been better if gmod 13 was a different game?
    but then that would divide the community.
    I don't know.
    Maybe there should be a gmod 12 game type, mod, or plugin that would run gmod in "compatibly" mode.

I'm just being Optimistic

Edited:

indeed, it's a good way to play again with CAP :)
    I remember some one who say how to backup the Gmod 12 in few step, is that you i'm not sure ?
    Probably

For all you guys worried that you can't play this in gmod 13 just do what I did.

tl;dr steam offline mode

Step 1 Get a portable HDD or some other kind of mass storage divice
    Step 2 Install steam, gmod, and all games that mount to gmod.
    Step 3 play each game once.
    Step 4 verify integrity of game cash for each game.
    Step 5 Play each game again.
    Step 6 Turn off steam guard

(and possibly wipe all other computers form guard memory, This might not be needed but I did it anyway.)

Step 7 Enable steam offline mode.
    Step 8 be sure that you can still play Gmod and any other games that you want content in gmod for
    Step 9 Login to your steam account from your MAIN computer and re-enable steam guard.
    Step 10 Enjoy your copy of gmod 12 forever. Just remember to never go online when using that copy of steam.

Worth the wait (and steps)
    Edit : But I have another solution without to be Offline, just put in the options of steam to not keep update in real time, i think that worth also
    That won't work. While it will stop the game from auto updating if you don't play it, each time you launch the game steam checks for newer version. if there is one It will download. That's the purpose of the "preparing to launch" box. Steam is checking for newer version.

Steam offline can be a tricky posses. I have heard stories that if you don't do it exactly right steam offline will quit working in a week or so. On the other hand you may do everything right and it still won't work, or quit working in a few weeks. And then there are the cases that people have had steam offline for months and never had any problems and it still works.

Just be careful when installing addons. When steam is in offline mode there is no way to "clean" your gmod. And if you're not careful you can really mess up your gmod.

(backup of a backup? maybe I should do this also.. I'm not sure if this would work or not)

I think the biggest thing is to make sure you do the steps correctly and turn off your internet when playing in offline mode.

I have heard that even in offline mode, steam still checks for any kind of web connection.

And if it finds one, then steam wants you to play online to get updates or does some kind of funky weird stuff to make offline not work anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #3162

October 2012
    2 Posts
    Hola, I noticed another guy posted about the svn error giving "Connection was forcibly closed by remote host." Failed error.
    I've been getting the same thing exact error, but I decided to go ahead and just download the tarball archive from the svn repository.

But just in case, would anyone happen to know why this is happening?
    A guess off the top of my head would be my internet connection being so retarded slow. My DL's are at 150 Kb/s max and makes me sad.
    But with that, I haven't gotten a single similar error with any other SVN DL's, and I've downloaded at least a whole other separate Gig of addons for Garrysmod.

I'm more just curious if this happens regularly when traffic is high on the svn or something, since I've already got my file downloading straight via archive.

EDIT: Immediately as I posted this, My download failed. I officially hate this addon because of how hard it is for me to download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3163
    May 2010
    129 Posts
    Hola, I noticed another guy posted about the svn error giving "Connection was forcibly closed by remote host." Failed error.
    I've been getting the same thing exact error, but I decided to go ahead and just download the tarball archive from the svn repository.

But just in case, would anyone happen to know why this is happening?
    A guess off the top of my head would be my internet connection being so retarded slow. My DL's are at 150 Kb/s max and makes me sad.
    But with that, I haven't gotten a single similar error with any other SVN DL's, and I've downloaded at least a whole other separate Gig of addons for Garrysmod.

I'm more just curious if this happens regularly when traffic is high on the svn or something, since I've already got my file downloading straight via archive.

EDIT: Immediately as I posted this, My download failed. I officially hate this addon because of how hard it is for me to download.

this addon is over a GB in size. If your internet is not good or cuts out during download it won't work.
    Set your alarm for the middle of the night and try downloading then, when there is less traffic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #3164

October 2012
    2 Posts
    this addon is over a GB in size. If your internet is not good or cuts out during download it won't work.
    Set your alarm for the middle of the night and try downloading then, when there is less traffic.
    That's what I was doing last night until about 3 A.M :l
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #3165
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    IMHO cap should be recoded for gmod 13. Also, I had a bit crazy idea about modularity. For example - make base pack with completly basic (only lua) files (or maybe basic gate/ring/dhd/ring panel entities), and make extenstions like "wehicle addon", "weapon addon", "life support addon", "destiny addon", etc. That could be even placed on workshop (for making it more user friendly, no need for ugly svn) (as long as workshop has ability to update files and update them on clients), which would actually made unnesecary parts like updater and legality checker and also it would make CAP closed source. Users would have free hand of selecting pack they really need thus some of them would save much bandwitch by playing cap basic. Also, CAP would have to be optimized - better models and uvs causing smaller textures, better idiot proof code, etc. I believe it sounds preety cool. I might take a look on it, when i will get bored some day...

Ofc I already hear Alex bitching lackens of ability of uploading fonts or other things - well, we don't need fonts at the beggining. And later, we might find a fix or it (or simply emulate font with texture lookup or so).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3166
    May 2010
    129 Posts
    That's what I was doing last night until about 3 A.M :l
    I'm not sure what to tell you. Unless you manually download each file manually and place them in correct folders. I really DON'T recommend that.

just keep trying is really the best advice I can tell you. If your internet sucks then go to a coffee shop and download it there then transfer it over.

Edited:

IMHO cap should be recoded for gmod 13. Also, I had a bit crazy idea about modularity. For example - make base pack with completly basic (only lua) files (or maybe basic gate/ring/dhd/ring panel entities), and make extenstions like "wehicle addon", "weapon addon", "life support addon", "destiny addon", etc. That could be even placed on workshop (for making it more user friendly, no need for ugly svn) (as long as workshop has ability to update files and update them on clients), which would actually made unnesecary parts like updater and legality checker and also it would make CAP closed source. I believe it sounds preety cool.

Ofc I already hear Alex bitching lackens of ability of uploading fonts or other things - well, we don't need fonts at the beggining. And later, we might find a fix or it (or simply emulate font with texture lookup or so).
    while I agree it would be a good idea....
    Steam workshop has some unholy size limit. there would be over 20 modules. and if someone updates one module then there is a good chance something will break in the other modules. and someone will have to figure out what broke what.

I think cap should be one of those special mods that has a Bigger limit for the mod. Cap is one of the best and most well done mods I have seen. So it deserves some extra attention. Shoot valve a letter, explain the situation. Yea the drop box isn't good for big addons. But maybe with time they will become more SVN-like. Only downloading what was changed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #3167
    November 2009
    76 Posts
    Stuff I wrote about multipliers
    How do I wire the multiplier? I'm not certain the types of chips to use. I haven't been in the gmod loop for along time and it was explained to me once before but I forgot alot about wire.

Stuff I wrote about E2
    I wouldn't even begin to know how to code this. It would be much appreciated if someone would volunteer to do this. It would benefit everyone that uses spacebuild.
    Multipliers: spawn a Wire constant value with one or more numbers containing the multiplier value you wish to... multiply by. Wire the multiplier input in the generator to the value you wish to multiply by and you are good to go. Bear in mind, as I said, that the generator will require more resources proportional to the multiplier.

The E2 thing. Well... I can give you some pointers but it might be good to try it yourself; have you coded E2 before, or have you any programming experience? If you want general Wire help, the Wire forum may be a better place to ask. The CAP relies quite heavily on Wire - especially the recent developments from Alex - it would be worth the effort to learn how to use these features. I'm no expert but I can offer pointers (but not about pointers)

PS: http://goo.gl/pR6ri
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #3168
    『  』
    June 2010
    679 Posts
    Why should cap be closed-source?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #3169
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Why should cap be closed-source?
    Why not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #3170

July 2012
    42 Posts
    Why not?
    BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

11. Post #3171
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Sure. The most things to say have ppl that never developed CAP.
    Closed source is better in this case, but I'm not gonna explain it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

12. Post #3172
    May 2010
    129 Posts
    Multipliers: spawn a Wire constant value with one or more numbers containing the multiplier value you wish to... multiply by. Wire the multiplier input in the generator to the value you wish to multiply by and you are good to go. Bear in mind, as I said, that the generator will require more resources proportional to the multiplier.

The E2 thing. Well... I can give you some pointers but it might be good to try it yourself; have you coded E2 before, or have you any programming experience? If you want general Wire help, the Wire forum may be a better place to ask. The CAP relies quite heavily on Wire - especially the recent developments from Alex - it would be worth the effort to learn how to use these features. I'm no expert but I can offer pointers (but not about pointers)

PS: http://goo.gl/pR6ri

Only programming experience I have ever had was html in high school and I didn't like it.
    lol...

Edit..

I don't want to point any fingers but I like to think of myself as to having better grammar than most people on the internet. However I do realize I'm not the best and if I make a few mistakes I am truly sorry and do not realize it.

It's hard typing with a band-aid on my index finger.
    I got a really nasty electrical burn on Tuesday while partly disassembling my lap-top screen (I felt the electricity all the way to my shoulder and outer chest area.) I'm left handed too so it affects my handwriting as well.

Must have gotten a lot of volts whatever I touched. It still hurts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #3173
    April 2011
    2,127 Posts
    @Triangles
    Don't laptop screens work on low voltage?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Croatia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #3174
    『  』
    June 2010
    679 Posts
    Why not?
    Because when you fuck it up we can fix it, unlike the fixes that you (never) commit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #3175
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Because when you fuck it up we can fix it, unlike the fixes that you (never) commit.
    On the other side everyone could use my code even if If i don't wish it, or everyone can disable anti piracy protections.

EDIT:

Steam WorkShop is anyway Closed Source system, so this discussion is pointless. But I've made some research. Steam WorkShop addons have AutoUpdate Function which mean that addon creator just upload new content, and all subscribers get it asap. No need for svn, manual updates and other shit. Also old*new* rings almost works. Just GUI part changed a bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #3176

April 2011
    602 Posts
    CAP closed source.
    You know that's just BS with scripting stuff like this. Most (80%) of all non-commercial applications don't gain anything by having closed source except if it's a base game that you don't want people to modify (of course allowing scripting, but if it's C++ gamecode files I can understand why even in a non-commercial project as long as people can access the scripting implementation).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #3177
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    I don't care. It's so hard to accept my decision?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #3178
    November 2009
    76 Posts
    @Triangles
    If CFL (fluorescent tubes) are used, they use inverters to boost the input DC voltage to the higher AC voltage required. It could potentially give you a surprise shock, but unlikely to do any lasting damage.

Only programming experience I have ever had was html in high school and I didn't like it.
    I don't want to point any fingers but I like to think of myself as to having better grammar than most people on the internet. However I do realize I'm not the best and if I make a few mistakes I am truly sorry and do not realize it.
    Don't sweat the grammar thing... I just saw that a while ago and I thought it was so funny I have to share it.

Re: programming - don't let HTML put you off programming... cos it's not. There's some pretty good E2 tutorials about if you look for them. It's not massively complicated to get started with, and after that the only real limit is your imagination. That and an ability to think algorithmically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #3179

November 2011
    9 Posts
    I seem to be having a small problem with CAP and gmod 10/12. Whenever i try to spawn a gate, i get "Carter Addon PAck - Unknown Error"

I'll leave the console log in here:
    Code:
    =======================================================
    StarGate Pack: Initializing
    Stargate Carter Addon Pack: Initializing
    [addons\cap\lua\autorun\stargate.lua:33] attempt to concatenate local 'ver' (a nil value)
    WireMod Installed. Version: <<<<<<< .mine
    2632 (9a8255d)
    =======
    2641 (9a8255d)
    >>>>>>> .r2641
     (EXPORTED)
    ERROR! Module 'zlib_b64' not found!
    nil
    -english-
    In Base Class Constructor: base2
    In Base1 Class Constructor: base2
    Arg1: 1
    Arg2: 2
    Arg3: 3
    Arg4: 4
    Class(base2)
    test Class(base2)Loading: cl_tab.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: Module_Loader.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: Defaults.lua...Sent: Successfully
    Loading: PetrolSystemsEnts.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: ResourceTransit.lua...[addons\rts\lua\caf\addons\client\resourcetransit.lua:13] attempt to index global 'RD' (a nil value)
    Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: LifeSupport.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: LIFESUPPORT1.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: LIFESUPPORT2.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: LSEnts.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: ResDistrib1.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: ResDistrib2.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: ResourceDistribution.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: spacebuild.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Loading: sbep.lua...Loaded: Successfully
    Registering gamemode 'sandbox' derived from 'base'
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\anim_ramps.lua:7] attempt to index field 'Ramps' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\ashen_weapon.lua:14] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\asuran_zpm_hub.lua:16] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\atlantis_zpm_hub.lua:16] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\bearing.lua:12] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\braziers.lua:22] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\cappanel.lua:18] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\cap_doors.lua:22] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\cap_door_contr.lua:18] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\controlpanel.lua:22] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\drones.lua:51] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\floorchevron.lua:13] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\goauld_iris.lua:15] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\jamming.lua:31] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\naqbomb.lua:25] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\naq_gen_mks.lua:16] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\non_anim_ramps.lua:9] attempt to index field 'Ramps' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\ring_ramps.lua:9] attempt to index field 'Ramps' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\sgc_zpm_hub.lua:16] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\staff_weapon.lua:57] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\stargate_cloaking.lua:51] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\stargate_dhd.lua:50] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\stargate_iris.lua:43] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\stargate_shield.lua:38] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\supergate_dhd.lua:21] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\tampered_zpm.lua:14] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\tokra_shield_emmiter.lua:15] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\tokra_shield_key.lua:15] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\tollan_disabler.lua:32] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\wraith_bomb.lua:17] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\wraith_harvester.lua:48] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\zpm_mk3.lua:15] attempt to index field 'CFG' (a nil value)
    [@addons\ls_gas\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\gas_envcontrol.lua:21] Please Install Resource Distribution 2 Addon.
    [@addons\ls_gas\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\gas_generator.lua:21] Please Install Resource Distribution 2 Addon.
    [@addons\ls_gas\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\gas_storage.lua:21] Please Install Resource Distribution 2 Addon.
    [@addons\ls_gas\lua\weapons\gmod_tool\stools\powered_hoverball.lua:21] Please Install Resource Distribution 2 Addon.
    Loading CAF Tools
    	loading stool: petroldev.lua
    [addons\ls_petrol\lua\caf\stools\petroldev.lua:19] attempt to index global 'RD2ToolSetup' (a nil value)
    sbox_maxrddevices -> 30
    CAF Tool: Loading device defs
    	loading stool: petrolgen.lua
    [addons\ls_petrol\lua\caf\stools\petrolgen.lua:19] attempt to index global 'RD2ToolSetup' (a nil value)
    sbox_maxrdgenerators -> 30
    	loading stool: petrolstor.lua
    [addons\ls_petrol\lua\caf\stools\petrolstor.lua:19] attempt to index global 'RD2ToolSetup' (a nil value)
    sbox_maxrdstorage -> 30
    	loading stool: petrol_wheel.lua
    	loading stool: ls3_energysystems.lua
    sbox_maxls3_energysystems -> 30
    	Loading dev type: extra_CO2_gens
    	Loading dev type: extra_fusion_gens
    	Loading dev type: extra_H_gens
    	Loading dev type: extra_LN_gens
    	Loading dev type: extra_N_gens
    	Loading dev type: extra_O2_gens
    	Loading dev type: extra_solar_panels
    	Loading dev type: extra_water_air_extractors
    	Loading dev type: extra_water_heaters
    	Loading dev type: extra_water_pumps
    	Loading dev type: sbep_extra_fusion_generators
    	loading stool: ls3_environmental_control.lua
    sbox_maxls3_environmental_control -> 30
    	Loading dev type: sbep_extra_climate_control
    	loading stool: ls3_other.lua
    sbox_maxls3_other -> 30
    	Loading dev type: extra_ls_screens
    	loading stool: ls3_other_lights.lua
    sbox_maxls3_other_lights -> 10
    	loading stool: ls3_receptacles.lua
    sbox_maxls3_receptacles -> 20
    	Loading dev type: extra_CO2_storage
    	Loading dev type: extra_energy_storage
    	Loading dev type: extra_heavy_water_storage
    	Loading dev type: extra_H_storage
    	Loading dev type: extra_LN_storage
    	Loading dev type: extra_N_storage
    	Loading dev type: extra_O2_storage
    	Loading dev type: extra_steam_storage
    	Loading dev type: extra_water_storage
    	loading stool: pumps.lua
    sbox_maxpumps -> 10
    	loading stool: resourcenodes.lua
    sbox_maxresourcenodes -> 30
    	loading stool: sb_dev_plants.lua
    sbox_maxsb_dev_plants -> 30
    	loading stool: sb_terraformer.lua
    sbox_maxsb_teraformers -> 30
    	loading stool: valves.lua
    sbox_maxvalves -> 10
    	loading stool: sbep_res_mods.lua
    sbox_maxsbep_res_mods -> 30
    	Loading dev type: base_res_module
    --- Missing Vgui material texturemissing
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\ancient_control_panel\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\ancient_obelisk\shared.lua:3] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\anti_prior\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\apple_core\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\asgard_beam\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\ashen_defence\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\asuran_gate_weapon\shared.lua:2] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\asuran_zpm_hub\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\asuran_zpm_hub\cl_init.lua:9] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\atlantis_transporter\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\bearing\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\black_hole_power\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\call_forwarding_device\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\cap_console\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\cap_doors\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\cap_doors_contr\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\cap_doors_frame\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\cloaking\cl_init.lua:2] attempt to call field 'MaterialCopy' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\cloaking_generator\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\control_chair\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\control_panel\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\dakara_building\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\dakara_button\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\dakara_door\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\dart_harvester\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\dart_harvester\cl_init.lua:20] attempt to call field 'MaterialCopy' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\destiny_console\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\dhd_base\shared.lua:18] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\dhd_city\shared.lua:18] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\dhd_concept\shared.lua:18] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\directional_nuke\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\drone\cl_init.lua:19] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\drone_launcher\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\energy_pulse\cl_init.lua:19] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\energy_pulse_stun\cl_init.lua:19] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\event_horizon\modules\bullets.lua:51] attempt to index field 'Trace' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\floorchevron\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\gate_overloader\shared.lua:2] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\goauld_dhd_prop\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\goauld_iris\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\iris_computer\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\jamming_device\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\lantean_holo\cl_init.lua:7] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\launcher_drones\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\malp\cl_init.lua:5] attempt to index field 'KeyBoard' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\minidrone_key_ent\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\minidrone_platform\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\mini_drone\cl_init.lua:2] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\mobile_dhd\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\molecular_construction_device\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\naquadah_bomb\shared.lua:2] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\naquadah_generator\shared.lua:20] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\naq_gen_mk2\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\ori_beam_cannon\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\ori_satellite\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\puddle_jumper\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\puddle_jumper\cl_init.lua:26] attempt to index field 'KeyBoard' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\ring_base\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sgc_zpm_hub\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sgc_zpm_hub\cl_init.lua:9] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_turret_base\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_turret_destmain\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_turret_destmed\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_turret_destsmall\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_turret_shiprail\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_turret_tollan\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_base\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_daedalus\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_dart\shared.lua:2] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_dart\cl_init.lua:6] attempt to index field 'KeyBoard' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_f302\shared.lua:2] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_f302\cl_init.lua:8] attempt to index field 'KeyBoard' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_gate_glider\cl_init.lua:7] attempt to index field 'KeyBoard' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_glider\shared.lua:3] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_glider\cl_init.lua:10] attempt to index field 'KeyBoard' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_shuttle\shared.lua:3] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_shuttle\cl_init.lua:7] attempt to index field 'KeyBoard' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_teltac\shared.lua:3] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\sg_vehicle_teltac\cl_init.lua:10] attempt to index field 'KeyBoard' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\shield\cl_init.lua:5] attempt to index field 'Trace' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\shield_core\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\shield_core_buble\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\shield_core_buble\cl_init.lua:14] attempt to index field 'Trace' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\shield_generator\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\ship_hangar\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\ship_hangar_button\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\ship_hangar_door\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\ship_shield\cl_init.lua:4] attempt to index field 'Trace' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\ship_shield_generator\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\staff_weapon_glider\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\stargate_asuran\shared.lua:2] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\stargate_base\shared.lua:18] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\stargate_iris\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\supergate_dhd\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\tampered_zpm\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\tampered_zpm\cl_init.lua:9] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\tokra_emmiter\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\tokra_key\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\tokra_shield\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\tokra_shield\cl_init.lua:11] attempt to index field 'Trace' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\tollan_disabler\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\transporter\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\virus\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\wraith_bomb\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\wraith_harvester\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\wraith_harvester\cl_init.lua:20] attempt to call field 'MaterialCopy' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\zpmhub\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\zpmhub\cl_init.lua:9] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\zpm_mk3\shared.lua:1] attempt to call field 'LifeSupportAndWire' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\zpm_mk3\cl_init.lua:9] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\arthur_cloak_light\init.lua:6] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\avon_energy_muzzle\init.lua:19] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\cloaking\init.lua:19] attempt to call field 'MaterialCopy' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\const_shield\init.lua:7] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\energy_muzzle\init.lua:19] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\energy_muzzle_asuran\init.lua:19] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\hd_kill\init.lua:18] attempt to call field 'MaterialCopy' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\shield_core_hit\init.lua:18] attempt to call field 'MaterialCopy' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\shield_core_hit_atl\init.lua:18] attempt to call field 'MaterialCopy' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\shield_hit\init.lua:18] attempt to call field 'MaterialCopy' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\wraithbeam\init.lua:19] attempt to call field 'MaterialCopy' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\wraith_effect\init.lua:21] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\zat_disintegrate\init.lua:18] attempt to call field 'MaterialCopy' (a nil value)
    [addons\cap\lua\effects\zat_impact\init.lua:21] attempt to call field 'MaterialFromVMT' (a nil value)
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity energy_thruster from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_hproptank from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity energy_hoverball from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_lnitstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity stargate_tollan from non existant entity stargate_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_lproptank from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity fusion_thruster from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity sg_vehicle_gate_glider from non existant entity sg_vehicle_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity nitrous_thruster from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity propane_collector from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_plstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_sstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_inverter from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_hnitrostore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity steam_thruster from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_microreactor from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity methane_collector from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity ring_base_goauld from non existant entity ring_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_reactor from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity ring_base_ancient from non existant entity ring_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity dhd_universe from non existant entity dhd_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_smethstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_nitrooxidizer from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_hstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity nitrous_hoverball from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity methane_hoverball from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity stargate_supergate from non existant entity stargate_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_thruster from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_nitrousreactor from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity stargate_atlantis from non existant entity stargate_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_proptank from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity dhd_sg1 from non existant entity dhd_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity healing_station from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_oil_extractor from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity nitrogen_collector from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity ion_thruster from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_methstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity stargate_movie from non existant entity stargate_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_psstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity air_thruster from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity dhd_atlantis from non existant entity dhd_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity propane_thruster from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_snitstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_micronitrousreactor from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_extractor from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_micropropreactor from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_nitroliq from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity stargate_universe from non existant entity stargate_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_processor from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity ring_base_ori from non existant entity ring_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity propane_hoverball from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity stargate_sg1 from non existant entity stargate_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity methane_thruster from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_lnitrostore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_snitrostore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_lstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_hnitstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_phstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity gas_hmethstore from non existant entity base_rd_entity!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity stargate_orlin from non existant entity stargate_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity stargate_infinity from non existant entity stargate_base!
    ERROR: Trying to derive entity dhd_infinity from non existant entity dhd_base!
    Sending 1488 'User Info' ConVars to server (cl_spewuserinfoconvars to see)
    Scanning for downloaded fonts..
    This server is using the Custom Addon Framework
    Report any bugs during the beta on http://www.snakesvx.net
    If you have any suggestions for future versions of CAF, SB, LS, RD, ... please report them on http://www.snakesvx.net

NOTE: If you encounter any issues with RD3.1 (alpha) report them on http://www.snakesvx.net!!!!!

Addon: Spacebuild Enhancement Pack got enabled
    Couldn't dispatch user message (19)
    CAF: Client has Internet. Enabled Online-Help
    Attempting to create unknown particle system 'BlastCore' 
    Redownloading all lightmaps
    Server cvar 'sv_tags' changed to CAF,LSC,LSE,RD,SB,uwsvnexported322
    Addon: Life Support Entities got enabled
    Addon: Spacebuild got enabled
    Addon: Life Support got enabled
    Addon: Resource Distribution got enabled
    Carter Addon Pack - Unknown Error
    Carter Addon Pack - Unknown Error
    Also, if this is in the wrong place, just say and i'll move it :)

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #3180
    April 2011
    2,127 Posts
    @freelancer_1234

Don't use Resource Distribution 3.1
    Use the standard public 3.0 version. That's why you get bugs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Croatia Show Events

21. Post #3181
    October 2010
    1,505 Posts
    @freelancer_1234 redownload ver.txt file in cap folder. also it seems like you have same problem with wiremod. Plus probably you are using pirated gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

22. Post #3182

November 2011
    9 Posts
    Thank you for the suggestions Alex, they have fixed the problem. Although i would like to know what you based your accusation of a pirated Gmod on? It's a perfectly legal version. Also, cartman how can i download 3.0? i'm using the new SVN for spacebuild. If you can give me the revision number for 3.0, then i can download to that version.

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #3183
    April 2011
    2,127 Posts
    Ah, nevermind, if it works then leave it as it is. I thought you were using development build of Spacebuild
    when i saw "NOTE: If you encounter any issues with RD3.1 (alpha) report them on http://www.snakesvx.net!!!!!"

24. Post #3184
    May 2010
    129 Posts
    @Triangles
    I would think so.. The lap top I was working on was one that was abut 6 or more years old. The plug that goes into the wall was 3 prong.

It gave me quite a shock (sorry I couldn't resist the pun) that it hurt as much as it did.

The tip of my finger is still numb. If I touch something with too much pressure it still hurts and I still feel tingles from time to time.
    I have been electrocuted before, and this is defiantly one of the worst ones I have felt.

Edited:

If CFL (fluorescent tubes) are used, they use inverters to boost the input DC voltage to the higher AC voltage required. It could potentially give you a surprise shock, but unlikely to do any lasting damage.

Don't sweat the grammar thing... I just saw that a while ago and I thought it was so funny I have to share it.

Re: programming - don't let HTML put you off programming... cos it's not. There's some pretty good E2 tutorials about if you look for them. It's not massively complicated to get started with, and after that the only real limit is your imagination. That and an ability to think algorithmically.
    I'm a big bad guy on using "alot" instead of "a lot"Thanks for opening my eyes. And don't worry I knew it was a joke.

And for the e2 thing yea I might have to look up some tutorials when have some extra free time. Which is really hard to come by for me currently.

25. Post #3185
    April 2011
    2,127 Posts
    @triangles
    Ah, so that's why you got a shock.
    Newer PC electronics is generally safer to use (at least in Croatia)

26. Post #3186
    Dennab
    March 2010
    338 Posts
    I would honestly appreciate a simple, non-expanding version of the pack that only has gates, DHDs, gatespawner, rings and ring panels.

Especially for GMod 13;
    Just a Stargate pack that has _no_ errors, works flawlessly and can be downloaded effortlessly (maybe even using Steam Workshop).

AlexALX (among his countless complaining) is putting a lot of effort into fixing something that will always have errors in it, is completely disorganized, and is only going to continue to fragment. (Something like a HDD with no defragmenting software: it only gets more chaotic as time passes).

In my opinion, the detail put into the Stargates in this pack is awe inspiring; they should be available to anyone with GMod 13, not just those dedicated to the cause. Otherwise the whole pack will eventually lose popularity, which would be quite sad; GMod is the only game I know of with a working Stargate system that is not only fun, but actually practical for the game.

This concept would be like a dream come true for me, but I suppose it could also piggy-back MadMan07's 'Modular' scheme- that way all the people who want the other stuff (which is kinda unnecessary in my opinion, but still pretty cool) wouldn't be left out of the picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #3187
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    @Avent, if you are patient enought, your dream may come true.

Right now I have working Lantean and Ori Rings system (completly recoded, new names!) with optimized models (LOD models + shadow LOD) and textures (4 times (some even 16 times) smaller textures + LOD textures). It lacks of base models (will be made soon) and panels (also soon).

Also, I'm intending to release it on SteamWorkshop (easy instalation + autoupdate feature) using modular design - Core Pack (a must have pack) + packs that you really want, for example Ring Pack, Gate Pack, Ramp Pack, Weapon Pack. Well, that's obvious it will take months to rewrite, recompile and optimize shit but rings will be the first thing that will come alive.

P.S. Sme of you may began to hate me - I will be experimenting to change ugly address system for distance system, for rings. Sure, it's more difficult, but it also give u opportunity to ring you to some base even, if you don't know address and you are to far to use 'dial nearest' feature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 10Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #3188
    May 2010
    129 Posts
    I would honestly appreciate a simple, non-expanding version of the pack that only has gates, DHDs, gatespawner, rings and ring panels.

Especially for GMod 13;
    Just a Stargate pack that has _no_ errors, works flawlessly and can be downloaded effortlessly (maybe even using Steam Workshop).

AlexALX (among his countless complaining) is putting a lot of effort into fixing something that will always have errors in it, is completely disorganized, and is only going to continue to fragment. (Something like a HDD with no defragmenting software: it only gets more chaotic as time passes).

In my opinion, the detail put into the Stargates in this pack is awe inspiring; they should be available to anyone with GMod 13, not just those dedicated to the cause. Otherwise the whole pack will eventually lose popularity, which would be quite sad; GMod is the only game I know of with a working Stargate system that is not only fun, but actually practical for the game.

This concept would be like a dream come true for me, but I suppose it could also piggy-back MadMan07's 'Modular' scheme- that way all the people who want the other stuff (which is kinda unnecessary in my opinion, but still pretty cool) wouldn't be left out of the picture.

The fact of the matter is he is right, We should have at least SOMETHING working for gmod 13 I would be ok just settling with just the core part of the mod. The stargazes for a month or so while you awesome guys re-do it for 13..

I would help if I knew luaJT or just normal lua but I don't sorry.

Madman07 is right in the long run, CAP should be given a really good quality look over. One of the big things that causes gmod addons to break are updates to the engine. And this shouldn't happen anymore when gmod 13 comes out since it will use it's own engine.

Edited:

@Avent, if you are patient enought, your dream may come true.

Right now I have working Lantean and Ori Rings system (completly recoded, new names!) with optimized models (LOD models + shadow LOD) and textures (4 times (some even 16 times) smaller textures + LOD textures). It lacks of base models (will be made soon) and panels (also soon).

Also, I'm intending to release it on SteamWorkshop (easy instalation + autoupdate feature) using modular design - Core Pack (a must have pack) + packs that you really want, for example Ring Pack, Gate Pack, Ramp Pack, Weapon Pack. Well, that's obvious it will take months to rewrite, recompile and optimize shit but rings will be the first thing that will come alive.

P.S. Sme of you may began to hate me - I will be experimenting to change ugly address system for distance system, for rings. Sure, it's more difficult, but it also give u opportunity to ring you to some base even, if you don't know address and you are to far to use 'dial nearest' feature.
    The biggest thing with rings for me is that I always thought they should have some kind of menu system like the stargates. Maybe you could put some kind of range limiter on the rings also. (make it an option).

Is there something you can do to make rings secure? For instance, you can make a gate private and put an iris on it. Is there something you could do to make the rings secure? This way I can put rings in my fort/base/ship and not have to worry about intruders finding the address.

Will this new version be dropping support for ls2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #3189
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    My intention is to change address system to range system - you specify a range that rings will look for, and they dial other rings from that range. So no addresses. On the other side with such system, there won't be any need for VGUI's. But, if someone have way better idea than those two, feel free to let me know!

To make it more realistic, any hand devices will be able only to dial nearest rings. Rest of rings will be avaible by using ring panels. Rings will have 'Blocked' feature settable both via menu and via wire - when Blocked is set, you can't use rings in both ways. There are going to be 2 types of rings - Ori and Lantean, both with and wihtout a base ring (so you can hide them, or make visible).

To early to say about rd/ls 2. It all depends, which version will be official one for gmod13, but, personally, I would make it ONLY for rd/ls 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Informative Informative x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #3190
    May 2010
    129 Posts
    So will we still have the option to call specific rings with the ring panel?

And If your going to drop support for ls2 and only use ls3 I would recommend increasing the energy consumption for gates. From what I remember you could power the gate with a medium wind generator. (I could be wrong) Also, do you know of any addon for ls3 that adds resource pumps like the ones from ls2? They are really useful when creating big stations or advanced structures. Not to mention just plain easier to transport and fill up storage devices.

I'm asking anyone here that would know, not just madman07

31. Post #3191
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Only, if you know, how far the target rings are.
    Gates, that a long time till I will do anything with them (well, half year ? :P ).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

32. Post #3192
    April 2011
    2,127 Posts
    Madman, can i help you with something?
    I got motivated again to code something again.

33. Post #3193
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Stargate?
    That one could be recoded. Why? At the beggining they were fine, but when we started adding different features (wormhole jump, fast/slow dial, on button press, instant open) they became unstable... I was thinking a little bit about dialing procedure - that one could be recoded to not use timers, but rather some Think loop with checking global timer value to avoid ugly behaviour (or something like that).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

34. Post #3194
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    Maybe this can be used for SGU event horizon? looks a lot better than the bad recording currently in use. (I DIDN'T MAKE THIS)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #3195
    July 2010
    2,052 Posts
    It doesn't look even close to being better to the current sgu event horizon we've got!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #3196
    April 2011
    343 Posts
    So i decided to upload my ZPM Screen because i wont run again gmod and finish them fully...

https://rapidshare.com/files/1049903..._CharlieX3.rar

And of course dont forget to change my steam name in all three files to yours, its adv dupl protection :)

If you will need help with wiring it just ask (SG-ᐰ) Cookie$ [Rodney McKay] on steam, he knows ...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #3197
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    It doesn't look even close to being better to the current sgu event horizon we've got!
    THIS is the eh used in your pack....

This looks better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #3198
    July 2010
    2,052 Posts
    THIS is the eh used in your pack....

This looks better.
    It does not, it's just the normal sg1 EH grayscaled not proper contrasted or better edited of curves and levels, so no it does not look better, you tried it in game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #3199
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    It does not, it's just the normal sg1 EH grayscaled not proper contrasted or better edited of curves and levels, so no it does not look better, you tried it in game?
    yes, that's why i said it looks better than a pixelated picture of the show's eh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3200
    July 2010
    2,052 Posts
    yes, that's why i said it looks better than a pixelated picture of the show's eh.
    Last time I tried that eh it looked just like shit to me with the details mentioned above, so yea if anyone wants to make another sgu eh feel free to but not simply by editing the current blue eh and desaturating it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)