1. Post #881
    December 2008
    210 Posts
    So Madman and the rest of the team, how is it going ? You all well , i didn't check this forum in a few weeks so i have a lot of catching up to do. Anyone want to fill me in?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Ireland Show Events

2. Post #882
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Alex is working on cap for usual gmod.
    Me is working on stargate pack for gmod 13.

:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #883

April 2011
    602 Posts
    So Madman and the rest of the team, how is it going ? You all well , i didn't check this forum in a few weeks so i have a lot of catching up to do. Anyone want to fill me in?
    PPpppotato
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #884
    May 2010
    22 Posts
    Hi

I have some error on my server :

[addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:155] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/dhd_base.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b33.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b34.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b35.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b36.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b37.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b38.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b20.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b21.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b22.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b23.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b24.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b25.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b26.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b27.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b28.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b29.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b30.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b31.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b32.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b14.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b15.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b16.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b17.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b18.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b19.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b1.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b2.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b3.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b4.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b5.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b6.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b7.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b8.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b9.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b10.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b11.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b12.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/b13.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/dhd_base/init.lua:207] Model missing: models/MarkJaw/dhd_new/buttons/dialorb.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/ring_panel_goauld/init.lua:18] Model missing: models/Madman07/ring_panel/goauld_panel.mdl
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/gravitycontroller/init.lua:11] Model missing: models/cebt/sga_pwnode.mdl
    Timer Error: [@addons/cap/lua/stargate/server/spawner.lua:273] Tried to use invalid object (type IPhysicsObject) (Object was NULL or not of the right type)
    [addons/cap/lua/entities/gravitycontroller/init.lua:11] Model missing: models/cebt/sga_pwnode.mdl
    Timer Error: [@addons/cap/lua/stargate/server/spawner.lua:273] Tried to use invalid object (type IPhysicsObject) (Object was NULL or not of the right type)

Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

5. Post #885
    December 2008
    210 Posts
    Me is working on stargate pack for gmod 13.

:)
    Awesome im glad that Cap is not going to End with the release of Gmod 13:P

Its a valid formula !

6. Post #886
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    @adrianooo321, It's going. I didn't said im making CAP.
    @zod331, stupid question but ... did you tried adding those models to gmod? -.-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

7. Post #887
    May 2010
    22 Posts
    @zod331, stupid question but ... did you tried adding those models to gmod? -.-
    Yes i downloaded cap and cap_resources

8. Post #888
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Linux or Mac?

9. Post #889
    May 2010
    22 Posts
    Linux (Debian 6 amd64)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,446 Posts
    Hi CAP Team, i want to say something, The Stargate SG1 And Atlantis Unstable Vortex/Kawoosh Does not sound from the movie, You can download the sound which it was from the movie http://www.mediafire.com/?97khi6gc1ax7yx7

Edit : The Stargate SG1 or Atlantis Open sound is longer, so you might change something on the lua
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events

11. Post #891
    October 2010
    1,470 Posts
    Linux (Debian 6 amd64)
    You should install gmod server on case-insensetive file system on linux, or cap will not work.

Edited:

Hm, idk, probably i'm going to real life)

Edited:

Hi CAP Team, i want to say something, The Stargate SG1 And Atlantis Unstable Vortex/Kawoosh Does not sound from the movie, You can download the sound which it was from the movie http://www.mediafire.com/?97khi6gc1ax7yx7

Edit : The Stargate SG1 or Atlantis Open sound is longer, so you might change something on the lua
    Thanks, but no, i'm not going to change that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

12. Post #892
    January 2012
    206 Posts
    @Woogoo, that's the point. On the other side I have no ide how Daniel could find out adress of Ori mothership rings -.-
    Im sorry i wasnt clear on that, what i ment was that stargate sg1 didnt have an address system for rings,but to keep it simple on Garry's mod to keep the address system in would be a good idea

Note: while writeing this I noticed that when i went back to correct something if i changed anything it would delete the thing infront of it (spaces or letters) know how i can fix it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #893
    April 2011
    1,517 Posts
    Im sorry i wasnt clear on that, what i ment was that stargate sg1 didnt have an address system for rings,but to keep it simple on Garry's mod to keep the address system in would be a good idea

Note: while writeing this I noticed that when i went back to correct something if i changed anything it would delete the thing infront of it (spaces or letters) know how i can fix it?
    Press insert on your keyboard.
    Look at this video i made now:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=a7-0MPsG7bg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

14. Post #894
    October 2007
    455 Posts
    Just in regards to ring power, I believe they should have an external energy source. But not require substantial power, we saw in "The Other Guys" in season 6 that rings could run of a mk1 naquahdah reactor and get from a planet to space (And that their power sources can get depleted over time). So i'd go with the assumption that they're older ancient tech that run off pre-zpm power sources like liquid naqhahdah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #895
    July 2010
    2,024 Posts
    @Count23

Could you perhaps make a WIP thread on the Sg-carterpack.com forum from the gate's your working on I'm quite intrigued about the progress you've been doing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #896
    January 2012
    206 Posts
    Press insert on your keyboard.
    Look at this video i made now:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=a7-0MPsG7bg
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #897
    October 2007
    455 Posts
    @Count23

Could you perhaps make a WIP thread on the Sg-carterpack.com forum from the gate's your working on I'm quite intrigued about the progress you've been doing!
    When I have some progress, i'll post something :) At the moment I haven't had a chance to start beyond basic dimension scaling from reference photos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

18. Post #898
    October 2010
    1,470 Posts
    @count23 if you will change stargate size, then probably should be also remodeled iris/event horizon models. Just saing.

Anyway i hope it will just for your pack for gmod13, and cap will stay like right now in gmod10.

19. Post #899
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    We're not touching CAP. It's my personal stargate pack for gmod 13.
    Iris/eh - they just need resizing.

20. Post #900
    December 2008
    210 Posts
    Sorry my mistake

21. Post #901
    July 2011
    452 Posts
    anything new we should look forward to on CAP?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

22. Post #902
    October 2007
    455 Posts
    Back to 3ding HD gates:

@AlexALX: I'm making htem large, if in the future they're used to upgrade the details on CAP, i can simply rescale them in Maya to be the correct SU size to fit the CAP gates. Scaling detail down is easier then scaling it up.

For anyone else, a bit of help would be appreciated. I cannot for the life of me figure out the engraving pattern on the gates overall. I'm not referring to the repeating patterns that are around the rings, what I'm referring to are the seeminly random curved and straight lines that seem to be cut into the gate surface. If anyone has any info (perhaps production material) that describes how these cuts were determined, it'b be much appreciated. I know they're not random, they were put in some sort of pattern, like repeating rectangles or counter-elliptical curves, but i lack the production material to prove it.

EDIT: Also, the "thing rubber track" that goes around the outer edge of the gate, if anyone has any clear good shots of this so i can create a template for the pattern, much appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #903
    July 2010
    2,024 Posts
    Back to 3ding HD gates:

@AlexALX: I'm making htem large, if in the future they're used to upgrade the details on CAP, i can simply rescale them in Maya to be the correct SU size to fit the CAP gates. Scaling detail down is easier then scaling it up.

For anyone else, a bit of help would be appreciated. I cannot for the life of me figure out the engraving pattern on the gates overall. I'm not referring to the repeating patterns that are around the rings, what I'm referring to are the seeminly random curved and straight lines that seem to be cut into the gate surface. If anyone has any info (perhaps production material) that describes how these cuts were determined, it'b be much appreciated. I know they're not random, they were put in some sort of pattern, like repeating rectangles or counter-elliptical curves, but i lack the production material to prove it.

EDIT: Also, the "thing rubber track" that goes around the outer edge of the gate, if anyone has any clear good shots of this so i can create a template for the pattern, much appreciated.
    Like mentioned check the ref thread we've made for you:

http://sg-carterpack.com/index.php/t...g2054.html#new

I've posted there what you've requested hope it helps!

This image is uploaded as AI on the forum:

http://sleekupload.com/uploads/5/stargate_blueprint.gif
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #904
    October 2007
    455 Posts
    Like mentioned check the ref thread we've made for you:

http://sg-carterpack.com/index.php/t...g2054.html#new

I've posted there what you've requested hope it helps!

This image is uploaded as AI on the forum:

http://sleekupload.com/uploads/5/stargate_blueprint.gif
    I completely missed that blueprint. I dont think it's 100% accurate however, but it's clear enough to get the engravings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #905

February 2012
    32 Posts
    Hi ...

How to install the Carter Addon Pack on Lynux server ?

I pass has fault all the entity ( sorry for bad english )
    I can't touch any entity of CAP !

Need help :/

26. Post #906
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    @count23, you are modelling those engravings with intention of baking them? Wow.

@All. Friend of mine gave me amazing idea, how the new spawn menu for gates and rings could look like. I believe I'm gonna include it with slight modifications. Do you like it?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

27. Post #907

April 2011
    602 Posts
    @count23, you are modelling those engravings with intention of baking them? Wow.

@All. Friend of mine gave me amazing idea, how the new spawn menu for gates and rings could look like. I believe I'm gonna include it with slight modifications. Do you like it?

Do it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #908
    March 2012
    399 Posts

Definately do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #909

April 2012
    24 Posts
    this maybe be said before but when i downloaded spacebuild my shield, my harvester and my cloaking tools stopt working just hear a little electric noise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

30. Post #910
    April 2011
    338 Posts
    AMAZING MADMAN !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #911

February 2012
    32 Posts
    Hi ...

How to install the Carter Addon Pack on Lynux server ?

I pass has fault all the entity ( sorry for bad english )
    I can't touch any entity of CAP !

Need help :/
    Up

32. Post #912
    October 2010
    1,470 Posts
    You should install gmod server on case-insensetive file system on linux, or cap will not work.

33. Post #913
    June 2010
    648 Posts

Do it, but suggestion:
    Rename Stargate(Atlantis) to Stargate(Pegasus) and Stargate(SG-1) to Stargate(Milky Way).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #914
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    This is just an example, there is no gates yet (and idk when they will be -.- ).

35. Post #915

February 2012
    32 Posts
    @AlexALX: I have only acces to FTP or MySQL, can't touch other file ^_^'

36. Post #916
    October 2010
    1,470 Posts
    @joffreydu15 then sorry, can't help you. Fint another host with windows or install to own mashine.

@Madman07 I can fix all problems what happens on linux (because path's is case-sensetive and all file/foldrer names should be only lower-case), but in this case almost every cap file in both folders (cap and cap_resources) will be reuploaded (lua files, models, sounds, materials etc)... Btw, this need much time, and i right now don't want do anything in internet :D

37. Post #917
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts
    @joffreydu15 then sorry, can't help you. Fint another host with windows or install to own mashine.

@Madman07 I can fix all problems what happens on linux (because path's is case-sensetive and all file/foldrer names should be only lower-case), but in this case almost every cap file in both folders (cap and cap_resources) will be reuploaded (lua files, models, sounds, materials etc)... Btw, this need much time, and i right now don't want do anything in internet :D
    Not to mention that you would have to rewrite all .vmt files, and recompile all models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

38. Post #918
    July 2010
    2,024 Posts
    Yep that's what's high poly all about <3

@Count23

I think its best those lines are floating geometry so if they don't come out to good with the bake you can always bake them without and add them manually on the normal!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

39. Post #919
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    @Izi, not really. As far as I remember, you can change filepath directly in mdl file without need for recompiling.
    @Alex, you can do it if you really wanna, but like you said, there is much work with that. Also, I will keep in mind case sensitive issue during making my stargate pack.

40. Post #920
    October 2010
    1,470 Posts
    Not to mention that you would have to rewrite all .vmt files, and recompile all models.
    vmt files - yes, models - just edit path of model with hex editor.

@Izi, not really. As far as I remember, you can change filepath directly in mdl file without need for recompiling.
    @Alex, you can do it if you really wanna, but like you said, there is much work with that. Also, I will keep in mind case sensitive issue during making my stargate pack.
    Yep, maybe sometime later i will do this (for example when will come gmod13 - some things should be recoded etc). Than can be big update of cap for gmod13 including fix for linux servers. But this will be not soon.