1. Post #921
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    When trying to fire a railgun when the shield core is active, i get this error

SpawnMenuOpen' (a nil value)(Hook: OnSpawnMenuOpen)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\shield_core_buble\init.lua :26] attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Please help or fix

Thanks

Orrila

P.S. it would be good to have somthing done to the atlantis teleporter model :).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #922
    January 2012
    206 Posts
    @count23, you are modelling those engravings with intention of baking them? Wow.

@All. Friend of mine gave me amazing idea, how the new spawn menu for gates and rings could look like. I believe I'm gonna include it with slight modifications. Do you like it?

Do it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #923

April 2011
    602 Posts
    P.S. it would be good to have somthing done to the atlantis teleporter model :).
    What, the model? Or a functionality?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

4. Post #924
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    @orrila, I'm not going to fix railgun in CAP. If you mean that you wanna working teleporter, wait for FlyBoi map. It include my scripted and awesome version of teleporter, which actually work, display locations on map and can teleport.

Edited:

Lucky owners of StarGate beta. Update is out. Ring system is using adress system right now :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #925
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    Do it, but suggestion:
    Rename Stargate(Atlantis) to Stargate(Pegasus) and Stargate(SG-1) to Stargate(Milky Way).
    that's a good idea

Edited:

@orrila, I'm not going to fix railgun in CAP. If you mean that you wanna working teleporter, wait for FlyBoi map. It include my scripted and awesome version of teleporter, which actually work, display locations on map and can teleport.

Edited:

Lucky owners of StarGate beta. Update is out. Ring system is using adress system right now :)
    could i try the StarGate beta?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #926
    April 2011
    343 Posts
    no u cant ;) u are not tester...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #927
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    no u cant ;) u are not tester...
    why do you get to decide? i have gmod 13

8. Post #928
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    I decided. Only 3 or 4 ppl get acces to beta as at current stage I don't need any more :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #929
    『  』
    June 2010
    679 Posts
    Well I am *supposed* to be a tester but I can't send messages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #930
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    I decided. Only 3 or 4 ppl get acces to beta as at current stage I don't need any more :)
    just asking thanks for the reply
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #931
    January 2012
    206 Posts

Edited:

Your stopping work on CAP?? it will be a while until the new pack is out right? it will probbly be done before 13 is out. Then what? all of us who still play 10 will be out of luck?

12. Post #932
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    I did long time ago. Yes, it will take much time, especially, I'm the only one how works on that, hovewer it will be done quite after gmod 13 release, I suspect. Alex is working on CAP for gmod 10, so, you've got him. Anyway, gmod beta is going to replace gmod 10 so there is nothing to lose.

Sweat dreams happend. Lotus006, sorry for fucking your ide you've sent me, hovewer I decided to tweak it a bit to fit into gmod style. Betatesters, that one is just uploaded, so have fun and trace bugs!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #933
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    Your stopping work on CAP?? it will be a while until the new pack is out right? it will probbly be done before 13 is out. Then what? all of us who still play 10 will be out of luck?
    dude there is like 40,000 keys out

14. Post #934

January 2012
    23 Posts
    hey thanks really much for making this mod i whas downloading cap with not tortoise a little link you have on the website of source thingy website (lol ) and i wahs wondering if you could make a donwload link for this mod the whole cus i wahs missing sounds not models or anything a lot of sounds like almost all the puddle jumper sound and everything on the ships and stuff some of the ring sounds and i cant install tortoiseSVN cus my brother wont let me he think its not needed but i really want this mod but he dosent care () so yhea i maybe can get the files for the tortoise svn with opening the installer with 7-zip or winrar and hope i can install it but if not pls make a full download of the addon, thanks - Johannes who are really really glad right now (dont know why) xD

EDIT

i couldnt install it that way ;_; so pls :3

15. Post #935
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Seriusly, you should get some svn client because when pack will update, you will need to download EVERYTHING again, over 2GB!

Atm, you could try those links:

All LUA code: http://carterspack.svn.sourceforge.n.../cap/?view=tar
    All Resources: http://carterspack.svn.sourceforge.n...rces/?view=tar

Lua file will be small, somethign around 5mb.
    Resources file will be insanely huge, over 2GB. If you cannot download such big files, i oculd provide you a smaller files for separate content, like models/materials/sounds separately.

After downloading you need to unpack those archives, thyer are *.gz and can be unpacked for example with WinRar.

P.S. Ah, that download will be probaly really slow, for me it didn't reached even 64kB/s.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

16. Post #936

January 2012
    23 Posts
    Seriusly, you should get some svn client because when pack will update, you will need to download EVERYTHING again, over 2GB!

Atm, you could try those links:

All LUA code: http://carterspack.svn.sourceforge.n.../cap/?view=tar
    All Resources: http://carterspack.svn.sourceforge.n...rces/?view=tar

Lua file will be small, somethign around 5mb.
    Resources file will be insanely huge, over 2GB. If you cannot download such big files, i oculd provide you a smaller files for separate content, like models/materials/sounds separately.

After downloading you need to unpack those archives, thyer are *.gz and can be unpacked for example with WinRar.

P.S. Ah, that download will be probaly really slow, for me it didn't reached even 64kB/s.
    i really dont care about the file size i alreaddy waited for the file one houre i can wait how long as i even want a year xD cus this addon is so fu**ing awsome ;) (hope that -SENCORED- swearing didt do any warning status) i dont wanna be mean but pls ;_; i cant get the client on any single way but im missing really really much sounds maybe you can get me those in a single download? just a quick link for all the sounds ;)

EDIT
    didnt press the links sorry

Edited:

quick question: dose there gonna be a EVEN newer thread for this addon later?

17. Post #937
    April 2011
    343 Posts
    for what u need new theard ??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

18. Post #938
    October 2007
    455 Posts
    @count23, you are modelling those engravings with intention of baking them? Wow.
    That's my plan, probably not quite as efficient as other game modellers would do, but I'd be using these gates in high-quality renders down the line. Plus I am a little rusty with some of Maya's tools, so it's good practice for me :)

Yep that's what's high poly all about <3

@Count23

I think its best those lines are floating geometry so if they don't come out to good with the bake you can always bake them without and add them manually on the normal!
    Good idea, I see how it turns out.

Edited:

Also, as a note, on the side to follow on what I mentioned a few pages ago, I've been gathering material for an attempt to build some better models for CAP as well

Firstly and most importantly, the Destiny shuttle with walkable interior based on the proper floor plan: http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...3/img_1439.jpg

Secondly, I'd like to try to build an Atlantis transporter chamber, whether it gets coded or not would be up to the CAP guys but it'd have animations for the wall panel and doors. Maybe it can be a variant of the ring transporter or something *shrugs*.

Other things I'd wanna build would be the Orbanan Naquahdah Reactor, the "prototype" SGC naquahdah reactor, and the Janus' temporal reactor (no time travel in garrys, obviously, maybe it can be another ancient power source type?), probably a better Atlantis chair platform as well with reclining animation and if i can make head or tails of the source SDK, an skeleton so world PC models would fit in the chair properly. As well as the Prometheus/Daedalus flight consoles.

But again, these are just in planning, if i can get to them i will. So I dont want everyone to expect these just cause i mention them, they're just "Would be nice to make if i had a chance to" models. Although, come to think of it, most of them aren't that hard to build, pretty basic shapes, not too many textures save for hte destiny shuttle.

Also, Boba, are you particularly good with photoshop or another texturing software? I generally do physical detail in Maya and use proceedural/nodal based textures where possible so my photoshop-fu is not strong. I dont know if these will translate too well to Gmod (if at all), I'll let you know if i run into any problems, we may need to find a better texturer :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

19. Post #939
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    @count23, atlantis transporter with animations is already make by Tiny and scripted by me, so there is no need for remodeling it. Hovewer it's not included in CAP, we made it for FlyBoi's Atlantis RP Map.

Having Destiny Shuttle, or Atlantis Chair (i believe Assasin remodeled that but it was only for some source mod rather than for us) would be nice, nevertheless there are some much more important models to do. If you are familliar with working with bones, then maybe you would give a shot for animating and exporting SWEPS models? Particulary animations like GDO, Kino Remote, Kino, Goauld DHD, weapons, ribbon device or remodeling Ronon Gun (that tbh noone wanted to redo...).

And now you made a suicide calling Boba not good texture artist xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #940

February 2012
    9 Posts
    I have a strange problem: the CAP works, but if I try to install Resource Distribution, the ring of Stargate (where the chevrons) disappears. Does anyone know why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #941

January 2012
    23 Posts
    for what u need new theard ??
    no i whas just wondering cus if i gonna be prepared for it later :P

Edited:

dear madman07 :P i have missing sounds every where i tried to put all the sounds in my sounds folder but still no sounds :( pls help meh!!!

22. Post #942
    October 2007
    455 Posts
    @count23, atlantis transporter with animations is already make by Tiny and scripted by me, so there is no need for remodeling it. Hovewer it's not included in CAP, we made it for FlyBoi's Atlantis RP Map.

Having Destiny Shuttle, or Atlantis Chair (i believe Assasin remodeled that but it was only for some source mod rather than for us) would be nice, nevertheless there are some much more important models to do. If you are familliar with working with bones, then maybe you would give a shot for animating and exporting SWEPS models? Particulary animations like GDO, Kino Remote, Kino, Goauld DHD, weapons, ribbon device or remodeling Ronon Gun (that tbh noone wanted to redo...).

And now you made a suicide calling Boba not good texture artist xD
    I didnt call him a bad texture artist, i said he was a good one. I actually asked for one if i couldn't get good textures out of Maya :P

But yea, if that's the case for the Transporter, no worries then, i figured it could have been an alternate skin for the ring transporters or something.

Most of the SWEPS in their current state are fine, If i were to take up remodelling any, I'd only really redo the hand device, the GDO and that's about it (maybe make the Atlantis GDO variant too). I'd do others if necessary but they seem fine quality wise, there are many worse models that need addressing. TO answer your question on bones, I am familiar with character animation, I've done it a lot in lightwave (not since I moved to maya, but the principals are the same). I can create new skelegons for existing models (hopefully) and use them if required.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #943
    July 2010
    2,052 Posts
    @Count23

Sure if I finally got some decent uv maps with proper baked sub maps I can finally show what the real thing is about!

But of the importance of the models like mentioned at the beginning:

Gates (as you're currently doing mainly concern is sg1 gate)
    DHD (even though madman disagrees the model is not optimized and has a hell of uv maps)
    Rings + Ring Panels (looking to one latest gallery discovery we found out that much detail is missing and that they should be redone)

So yea still my point state's that the side project of Madman should have new models and not recycled items from CAP!

Ps: if you've got anything at all already make a wip thread in the forum please :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

24. Post #944
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    I have a strange problem: the CAP works, but if I try to install Resource Distribution, the ring of Stargate (where the chevrons) disappears. Does anyone know why?
    Does your atlantis gate chevrons dissappear. If so, i had this problem a couple of months ago. What i did, which may not work for you, is take out all addons (excluding toybox and achievements. I redownloaded CAP and put it in again. After that i could put anyhthing in and it worked. Note, neuropalnes can probably give this problem, it is not compatible with CAP. If this doesn't work, i have no idea. It worked for me though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #945
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    @count23, plase no. I love my GDO. And Ribbon Device, after my reuvmapping is fine. I actually asked for reanimating then and exporting. I've got prepared rig for both CSS hands and Prori Hands, so it shouln't be a big problem.

@Boba, I'm going to kill you if you will touch DHD -.- About Ancient ring cover - I'm goinna fix that one myself as i spoted some bugs on it. Hovewer, Ring panels need some work (nevertheless they are fine for me, especially ancient one and ori - they shouln't be changed (or Im goina kill u)). By work I mean different way of exporting it. Separated buttons = no separated textures like it's done right now = less resources to load for user.

Maybe let's make a WIP section here, on FP? I would also post a progres from my pack instead of spamming CAP thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #946
    October 2007
    455 Posts
    @Count23

Sure if I finally got some decent uv maps with proper baked sub maps I can finally show what the real thing is about!

But of the importance of the models like mentioned at the beginning:

Gates (as you're currently doing mainly concern is sg1 gate)
    DHD (even though madman disagrees the model is not optimized and has a hell of uv maps)
    Rings + Ring Panels (looking to one latest gallery discovery we found out that much detail is missing and that they should be redone)

So yea still my point state's that the side project of Madman should have new models and not recycled items from CAP!

Ps: if you've got anything at all already make a wip thread in the forum please :)
    Rings, I'd have to check out some of the prop photos to see what details missing but they'll be pretty easy to do, the gates are actually harder. Ring panels, yea, the Goa'uld and Ancient one look particularly low-res compared to photos of the hero props from yourprops.com but the Ori one looks about right :)

I wouldnt mind seeing my stuff replacing the CAP stuff down the line though :) But as i said to Alex earlier, it's easy to rescale stuff down in quality after it's finished :P .

Don't worry boba, once I start (hopefully tomorrow if i dont have any more work), you'll get your wip thread, a wip thread to rule them all! mohahahahahaha ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

27. Post #947
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    @ AlexALX please add othala group to orlin gate,
    Thanks
    Orrila
    P.S. what is the gold shiled thing on the top left of some icons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #948
    January 2012
    206 Posts
    Its a bug with Resource Distribution 2, install CAF (life support 3 Resource Distribution 3)
    and get spacebuild 3 and sbep if you want

29. Post #949
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,203 Posts
    means only an admin can spawn

if you're in single player don't worry about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #950
    October 2010
    1,505 Posts
    @ AlexALX please add othala group to orlin gate,
    Thanks
    Orrila
    Fine, will be fixed (its a bug, forgot add it here). But when - idk, not today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

31. Post #951
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    how do i get lockdown to work on the doors? also how do i use the sodan obelisks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #952
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    135 Posts
    how do i get lockdown to work on the doors?
    I was about to ask that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #953
    April 2011
    2,132 Posts
    how do i get lockdown to work on the doors?
    Not working i think, but try adding a pulser or something that toggles between 1 and 0 every 50 milliseconds to lockdown so when a door opens it automatically closes after.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

34. Post #954
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    how do i get lockdown to work on the doors? also how do i use the sodan obelisks?
    Sodan obelisks need to be touched together. chose a number then click pass. Now, every time you click that number you will instantly pass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #955
    Dennab
    March 2010
    338 Posts
    What's this? I didn't get into the beta?!!! :O!

Kidding :P
    Now my reason for this post;
    Can I permanently enable dynamic lighting for all the different entities in CAP?
    Whenever I update/reinstall gmod/etc, they reset to -off-, and it's just really annoying!!! (I re-install GMod A_LOT XD)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

36. Post #956
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Put 1 on lockdown wire input. if its not workin, then sorry, i cant fix it now.

If you reinstall gmodthen all convars are gone. I might add some way of saving them, but only at gmod beta. easy sollution - dont reinstall it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #957
    October 2010
    1,505 Posts
    Rev 260 changes:

Fixed:

- Missed "Othala galaxy" group in stargate orlin vgui menu.
    - Some other small bugs.

======

Like i said before, i'm not working on gmod anymore. This is just small bug fix what i uploaded and its last i think. I have busy in real life so haven't much time now for gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #958
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    CAP was very important part of our lifes, it gave us much happines, sadnes, we met awesome friends and spent literaly months developing new stuff. Nevertheless, now it's about time to move one. Everyone needs to do new and new stuff, otherwise we are going to waste our lifes...
    CAP, You will be always in our hearts :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 2Lua King Lua King x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #959
    April 2011
    2,132 Posts
    CAP was very important part of our lifes, it gave us much happines, sadnes, we met awesome friends and spent literaly months developing new stuff. Nevertheless, now it's about time to move one. Everyone needs to do new and new stuff, otherwise we are going to waste our lifes...
    CAP, You will be always in our hearts :(
    Cap is dying away... isn't it? Like all other stargate stuff...
    *cries away*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #960
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    836 Posts
    CAP is dying? xD

Makes me wonder why CAP for GMod 13 (Beta) is still being worked on then.

Well, if that means an end to new updates for the "old" Gmod 10+, then so be it. ^^
    Let's hope the upcoming GMod release brings some useful changes, without just being a number change.

(User was banned for this post ("Image macro" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)