1. Post #1521
    April 2011
    342 Posts
    That pedestal is something really different then the pedestal in testing platform ... and i have somewhere model of it + ugly textures but i have really many polygons >.<
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events

2. Post #1522
    January 2012
    206 Posts
    I think most "big" problem for users - can't use 2 jumpers at same time in mp. I looked code and fail to understand why... As for other stuff, almost everything works fine now i thing... Only model clipping have some bugs with welds/parent entities, and i really tired for trying fix it... In msot cases it work fine after my modifications, but not always, and it seems more looks like gmod bugs, idk...
    Really? I used to fly in jumpers while others do, I noticed they share the same effects, even when ones engine pods arent deployed... but thats all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1523

June 2011
    30 Posts
    Ok Charlie, I bet its fine ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #1524
    July 2010
    2,046 Posts
    OnTopic:

Well it could be made it's not a to hard model but I would require a bit more reference pictures!

Offtopic: Could anyone help me in buying the Assassin's Creed Complete Pack that is currently on huge sale ? If so I could trade it for a website coded in HTML5 + CSS3 or a texture/graphical item of choose.

If anyone is interested and can help me please hit me up on steam to discuss the details:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rafael_De_Jongh/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #1525
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    135 Posts
    Really? I used to fly in jumpers while others do, I noticed they share the same effects, even when ones engine pods arent deployed... but thats all
    what Alex means is that if someone spawns more than 1 jumper in mp is that the jumper gets messed up

6. Post #1526
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #1527
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    135 Posts

8. Post #1528
    October 2009
    35 Posts
    nice did u do that yourself
    Yeah, just tweaked a few values. I am still thinking that it could go brighter....But I will test it out in MP and on a few different maps first.

9. Post #1529
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    135 Posts
    Can I get those files or a copy of them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #1530
    October 2009
    35 Posts
    I don't really want to be handing out modified files. I am still tweaking it a bit anyways.

11. Post #1531
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    I did this to the ModelClipping EH a while ago, the framerate drop seemed to effect a lot of people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #1532
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    And this will cause high fps drop on some pc's and on some maps. There is reason why this didn't make.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

13. Post #1533
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    And this will cause high fps drop on some pc's and on some maps. There is reason why this didn't make.
    It shouldn't. Or it could but jsut a little. Dynamic light itself is expensive, but it's size (or brightnes) shouldn't have huge effect on fps. And still, it can be disabled in visual settings :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1534
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    Doesn't works for me. I spent a lot of time by downloading it, but I got nothing.

I created a folder in addons called cartespack, did the checkout on it, but I get nothing new in game. In the folder there are 3 new folders, one is the hidden .svn, 2nd one is cap, 3rd one is cap_resources
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Czech Republic Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #1535
    July 2010
    2,046 Posts
    Doesn't works for me. I spent a lot of time by downloading it, but I got nothing.

I created a folder in addons called cartespack, did the checkout on it, but I get nothing new in game. In the folder there are 3 new folders, one is the hidden .svn, 2nd one is cap, 3rd one is cap_resources
    you should only put the cap and cap_resources in the addon folder not create a new folder and put them in...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

16. Post #1536
    June 2012
    171 Posts
    you should only put the cap and cap_resources in the addon folder not create a new folder and put them in...
    Okay, by the way, shouldn't I do this with all the addons? My friend told me that he just right clicks on the addons folder and then do the checkout, no new folders. But when I create the checkout once, I cannot do it again, the checkout button just disappears, so I need to create a new folder for every addon :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Czech Republic Show Events

17. Post #1537
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    It shouldn't. Or it could but jsut a little. Dynamic light itself is expensive, but it's size (or brightnes) shouldn't have huge effect on fps. And still, it can be disabled in visual settings :)
    It will do this, if light will be on many surfaces in maps. For example i have hight fps drop on some spacebuild maps with dynamic light (maybe map fail somehow? idk). But in most maps and cases it work fine with current size.

18. Post #1538
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    Perhaps a slider in the settings menu that let's you adjust the size? That would help accommodate people with different spec machines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1539
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    @Hyperion01, because you (and your friend) misssunderstood svn purpose. It's not for "download many addons in one folder". It's mainly for source controll but we use it because when addon gets updated, you don't have to redownload everything.

Ussage: make somewhere (for example in MyDocuments) folder CAP. Checkout CAP to that. Open folder. Move CAP and CAP_RESOURCES to addons folder (but with RightMouseButton!!). When small popup menu will appear, choose "Export". You can do same thing with all addons (eg, place them in separate folder, and export).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #1540
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    @Hyperion01, because you (and your friend) misssunderstood svn purpose. It's not for "download many addons in one folder". It's mainly for source controll but we use it because when addon gets updated, you don't have to redownload everything.

Ussage: make somewhere (for example in MyDocuments) folder CAP. Checkout CAP to that. Open folder. Move CAP and CAP_RESOURCES to addons folder (but with RightMouseButton!!). When small popup menu will appear, choose "Export". You can do same thing with all addons (eg, place them in separate folder, and export).
    This is wrong thing, because then you have to re-export again everything every update, or some files will be messed (if something removed/renamed). Best way is - create folder cap and cap_resource in addons wolder, and do in this folders vn checkot with set svn link like "http://carterspack.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/carterspack/cap/" and in cap_resources
    "http://carterspack.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/carterspack/cap_resources/", and then you will hav3 2 folders in addons what can be updated without export etc. I'm using this way because its the best.

21. Post #1541
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    I'm using this way because its the best.
    And the slowest way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #1542
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    And the slowest way.
    Slowest? Why? For me this is faster way... Fast update, fast commit, easy yto update/commit, any other issues. Gmod for me opening fast so any problem with it (svn 1.7), don't know what you have "slower".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #1543
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Gmod need to take a look for twice more files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1544
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    Gmod need to take a look for twice more files.
    Not really, like i said - i'm using svn 1.7, and there is only one folder .svn in main dir of addon, not in all dirs, so gmod not looking for cap/.svn folder, and there is no other ".svn" folders inside. So no more problem with this if use svn client based on version 1.7.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #1545
    July 2010
    2,046 Posts
    Indeed madman with the old SVN that was the case but now with the new svn it isn't anymore, so its way faster to just have the main .svn in your addon folder and update it inside it like i already did from start :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #1546
    April 2011
    342 Posts
    So where's the fix of Jumper and Control Chair ? :D :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1547
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    So where's the fix of Jumper and Control Chair ? :D :D
    Dude chill, I'm working on it. I only mentioned fixing it yesterday, patience.

Also what's the exact problem with the chair?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #1548

April 2011
    602 Posts
    And the slowest way.
    Actually the way I used was probably slowering, I didn't want the SVN files there so I used another directory for the repo, every time I updated I trashed the cap/resources folders and re-exported everything... Obviously I didn't update every rev.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

29. Post #1549
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    Update your SVNs people.

Code:
    Rev 281.

-Puddle Jumper MP Movement Fix
    -Puddle Jumper MP Hud Fix
    -Puddle Jumper Physical Door Buttons
    -Control Chair View MP Fix
    -Puddle Jumper MP Effect Fix
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Lua King Lua King x 4Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #1550
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    Update your SVNs people.

Code:
    Rev 281.

-Puddle Jumper MP Movement Fix
    -Puddle Jumper MP Hud Fix
    -Puddle Jumper Physical Door Buttons
    -Control Chair View MP Fix
    -Puddle Jumper MP Effect Fix
    Very good) But please update ver.txt next time in cap or users will not see in-game "new version available". If thats all and wil lbe no updates for long time now, then i'll upload small fix and will update ver.txt file).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #1551

July 2012
    9 Posts
    Perhaps a slider in the settings menu that let's you adjust the size? That would help accommodate people with different spec machines.
    Adding a slider would be really nice! It would also have to change the color too, to compensate for the light being larger.

Also, turns out the changes do not effect multiplayer. So getting it added as a feature, even if it isn't a slider, would be really nice!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #1552
    April 2011
    342 Posts
    I had an idea long time ago, but i forgot it :D so here it is :D

What about to add something like Target Finder Jammer into cloaking ?? ...In MP It's stupid when you are cloaked and players still can target you ...

And Ronon you forgot to slow down Rockets and Drones ...
    and also that fix isnt working for me on my srcds server ...

and madmans Daedalus is also bugged in MP ....

And Alex ... its annoying bug when i cant go trought gate with jumper ......
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1553
    August 2009
    1,388 Posts

What about to add something like Target Finder Jammer into cloaking ?? ...In MP It's stupid when you are cloaked and players still can target you ...
    I think you have to modify the target finder for that. And even then, people could still target you with an E2.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1554
    January 2012
    206 Posts

It isnt possable because of the game engine, target finders read information about the player and entities and the coords
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1555
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    It is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #1556
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts

1) No.
    2) I didn't forget I just didn't do it.
    3) That's very descriptive.
    4) As far as I'm aware daedalus is being removed.
    5) You can go through a gate with a jumper, stop being sucky at flying it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #1557
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    1) No.
    2) I didn't forget I just didn't do it.
    3) That's very descriptive.
    4) As far as I'm aware daedalus is being removed.
    5) You can go through a gate with a jumper, stop being sucky at flying it.
    Actually, it is hard to fly a jumper through a gate, because on the recieving end it gets stuck to the stargate and latches onto it.

@All CAP people, please do not remove daedalus or anything else. Even if it isn't going to be fixed or worked on, it is still nice to have in CAP to use in its current condition.

Orrila
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #1558
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    Actually, it is hard to fly a jumper through a gate, because on the recieving end it gets stuck to the stargate and latches onto it.

@All CAP people, please do not remove daedalus or anything else. Even if it isn't going to be fixed or worked on, it is still nice to have in CAP to use in its current condition.

Orrila
    If you line it up properly and don't go in at an angle, it's fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1559
    October 2010
    1,496 Posts
    @Ronon Dex can you look for game crashes? There is 3 most big crashes:

1. Client crash when shoot from asuran/ori weapon (and maybe others) to water on some pc's (including my).
    2. Client (not sure but maybe server also) crash when shoot into event horizon from asuran weapon at ~0 angle or shoot on floor near eh.
    3. Server crash very often when using harverster on dart.
    4. Ah and also client crash sometimes when gates open in mp (maybe also something with model clipping? i'm not sure).

I have tried to fix any of this crashes, but fail, idk why this happens...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #1560
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,861 Posts
    1) No idea
    2) It's because the gates trying to clip the bullet
    3) Poor server hardware
    4) No idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)