1. Post #2281
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    I'll take that bet.

Edited:

I'm pretty sure you now owe me $100 dollars cartman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 4 (list)

2. Post #2282
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    What's going to be done about the hand weapons (gdo, hand device, etc.) shaking?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2283
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    Absolutely nothing. Only happens on MP for a reason I don't know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #2284
    April 2011
    2,024 Posts
    hey, ronon, why did you make second cap folder and not modified current entity code using
    if GMod13 then

else

end
    ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2285
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    hey, ronon, why did you make second cap folder and not modified current entity code using
    if GMod13 then

else

end
    ?
    Because I don't want to have to do that. Especially when in a months time it won't be needed. And stop dodging the $100 dollars... I will remember.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #2286
    July 2011
    454 Posts
    Absolutely nothing. Only happens on MP for a reason I don't know.
    it's happened to me on SP before
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #2287
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    hey guys, I am doing more on the wiki, adding in updates and cleaning more code that I messed up before.

Some opinions Please
    Do you think, that I should keep the asgard teleporter and atlantis transporter in the misc tab, or add them in the stargate systems, which includes rings and stuff, and all the other teleporters. These are teleporters, but reqiure wiring to work. Any ideas.

P.S. Ronon, just an idea, but madman said on his atlantis transpoter, the doors closed. Any chance of that on your one??? :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #2288
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    P.S. Ronon, just an idea, but madman said on his atlantis transpoter, the doors closed. Any chance of that on your one??? :D
    I've said this before. The Atlantis Transporter model doesn't have any door animations built in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #2289
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    I've said this before. The Atlantis Transporter model doesn't have any door animations built in.
    ok, so, how come madmans did. Cant you use the model he had???

10. Post #2290
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    ok, so, how come madmans did. Cant you use the model he had???
    Madman's doors were probably a separate model.

11. Post #2291
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Madman's doors were probably a separate model.
    ok

12. Post #2292
    January 2012
    206 Posts
    when any gate type is spawned (either by gatespawner or manually)
    [addons\cap\lua\stargate\server\wire_rd.lua:302] attempt to call global 'RD_AddResource' (a nil value)

when trying to dial the sg1 gate (chevrons/symbole-ring missing)
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\stargate_sg1\modules\diall ing.lua:232] attempt to index field 'chev_destroyed' (a nil value)

trying to dial out with the sga gate
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\stargate_atlantis\modules\ dialling.lua:239] attempt to index field 'chev_destroyed' (a nil value)

when trying to spawn the sgu gate, it doesn't show anything but keeps spamming these errors multiple times
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\stargate_universe\init.lua :396] attempt to compare number with nil
    Timer Error: [addons\cap\lua\entities\stargate_atlantis\init.lua :193] attempt to index field 'Ring' (a nil value)

when the supergate is undone (which only shows up as a glowing error sign) it returns this error
    [addons\cap\lua\entities\stargate_supergate\init.lu a:152] attempt to index field 'Segments' (a nil value)

now, being the unexperienced persion i am,...my guess would be that there's something wrong with the RD in addons, but then again, everything's up to date...
    If someone hasnt helped you (i've been gone for 3 says and theres 111 new posts)
    this is a glitches caused by RD2 use RD3

Edited:

Off Topic: If anyone feels like playing CoD or Battlefield with me on XBox, add me. I get lonely.
    Do you get BLog , and is it possable for Xbox and PC users to play the same server?

Edited:

I found a HUGE bug. But I dont have any kind of video recorder :'(

Edited:

The bug is:
    -I activate 2 stargates
    -One of them closes, but the other keeps open.

Edited:

Happens with explosives, im still exploring it.
    With exploseives the wormhole will jump to nearest gate (feature) try a map with only 2 gates and do this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #2293
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    Do you get BLog , and is it possable for Xbox and PC users to play the same server?
    Yes. No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2294
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Hi guys,

Why is it that the shields dont work well, sometimes allowing npc's through, especially fast moving ones???

Cant you just code the shield part (the part things hit) as a solid object, with an anti-noclip, creating some exeptions that sweps can be fired through it, and it is only one way???

something like (noobish and utterly terrible code example):
    shield = solid object
    solid = antinoclip
    if containment is not clicked;
    outside is solid, nothing can get through;
    if containment is clicked;
    inside is solid, nothing can get through;
    when, shield is touched, display <the circlish effect> where shield was touched

or: The goald iris is the perfect shield, it even blocks hl2 bullets and displayes the effect every time
    other idea:
    paste the code used for the iris and use the same code for the other shields, ofc, you would have to make the contaiment, size, and one-way adjustments!

This is noobish, but I only started learning lua, but ever since it hasnt worked (it=most shield based things), I have wondered why you dont do somehting like I shown above, but translated into proper code???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2295
    April 2011
    2,024 Posts
    @orrila
    It's not possible to use iris code for shield because iris it solid from the inside and that is the problem (the whole shield is solid).
    I had an idea about ball or box shield with concave collisions but madman says that's not possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2296
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Yep, my version of atlantis transporter used my doors, however they do not fit together (Tiny made a slight different transporter dimensions). Flyboi had to mask them on map :D
    Thanks ronon, that you didn't took those UGLY approach "if gmod 13 then". THat's the most ugliest thing I've ever saw :D

@The Jack, wanna frites to that? :)

@Orilla, if it's so yeas, why won't you do that?
    #1 Lua is SLOOW, thus fast moving things can pass the shield.
    #2 Lua has A LITTLE acces to source, thus it don't let to do much things.
    #3 First check the way engine works at low level, then explain coders how they should work -.-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Lua King Lua King x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2297
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Yep, my version of atlantis transporter used my doors, however they do not fit together (Tiny made a slight different transporter dimensions). Flyboi had to mask them on map :D
    Thanks ronon, that you didn't took those UGLY approach "if gmod 13 then". THat's the most ugliest thing I've ever saw :D

@The Jack, wanna frites to that? :)

@Orilla, if it's so yeas, why won't you do that?
    #1 Lua is SLOOW, thus fast moving things can pass the shield.
    #2 Lua has A LITTLE acces to source, thus it don't let to do much things.
    #3 First check the way engine works at low level, then explain coders how they should work -.-
    I cant do it because i dont know lua yet.

Anyway, that sorta makes sense.

18. Post #2298
    October 2010
    1,500 Posts
    Thanks ronon, that you didn't took those UGLY approach "if gmod 13 then".
    Idk why you don't like this (with ronon). Right now if i want something add to cap or change, then i should change in both folders cap and cap-gmod13, and i dont like do this. And if i will do only in cap, then probably later my changes will be lost... And i don't like double updates for svn...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #2299
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    Because having to put entire code in an "if" statement is ugly, and shouldn't have to be done. Especially when that could be broken and not needed on the 24th September. But I see your point of having to update 2 SVNs. I tell you what, if you promise that when GMod 13 is released you will go and remove all the "if Gmod13() then" I will use it. Deal?

Edited:

Code:
    Rev. 302

Fixed Server Crash when Stun Ragdoll goes through
    Lowered Physics Damage Taken by Ragdolls  (Person 8880)
    Changed how high the internal teltac rings are (Stops falling through floor)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1Lua King Lua King x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #2300

January 2012
    86 Posts
    Do you alredy know the list of convars, specially the Molecular Construction Device wich is not on the convar list?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #2301
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    Do you alredy know the list of convars, specially the Molecular Construction Device wich is not on the convar list?
    Dude. You have asked this many times, now. And as I've said, if no one answers: I'm pretty sure no one knows!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #2302

January 2012
    86 Posts
    Dude. You have asked this many times, now. And as I've said, if no one answers: I'm pretty sure no one knows!
    Im also reporting a bug; MCD has a limit, but it's not on convars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #2303
    October 2010
    1,500 Posts
    Because having to put entire code in an "if" statement is ugly, and shouldn't have to be done. Especially when that could be broken and not needed on the 24th September. But I see your point of having to update 2 SVNs. I tell you what, if you promise that when GMod 13 is released you will go and remove all the "if Gmod13() then" I will use it. Deal?
    Yes, of course after gmod13 will be released all "if Gmod13() then" in code will be removed, i'm using this only as a temporary solution before gmod13 will be released. So yes, we deal.

Because its coded only for one mcd per map, so... I'm not sure if it will work correct if remove this limit...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

24. Post #2304
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    Yes, of course after gmod13 will be released all "if Gmod13() then" in code will be removed, i'm using this only as a temporary solution before gmod13 will be released. So yes, we deal.

Because its coded only for one mcd per map, so... I'm not sure if it will work correct if remove this limit...
    Right. Give me a bit of time, to add the changes and then I'll update the main svn.

25. Post #2305
    October 2010
    1,500 Posts
    Right. Give me a bit of time, to add the changes and then I'll update the main svn.
    Ok, no problem)

=====

After i have look some of changes in code and read forum, here is list what i probably will fix soon:

1. Ashen Defence System limit not work in convars menu now.
    2. Probably bug with adv dupe not saving wire inputs/outputs in ashen defence system (if it still have this bug).
    3. Teltak now can't activate ancient beam (after changed rings to goauld).
    4. Some small fixes for my stargate convar menu and event horizon code.
    5. Add hints for convar limits menu where will be displayed convar name (for server owners).

For now probably this is all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #2306
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Ronon, you changed Tel'tac rings to Goa'uld ones? Facepalm -.-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

27. Post #2307
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    Ronon, you changed Tel'tac rings to Goa'uld ones? Facepalm -.-
    I'm pretty sure that the Tel'tac is Goa'uld in design... Therefore should have Goa'uld rings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2308
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that the Tel'tac is Goa'uld in design... Therefore should have Goa'uld rings.
    yes, it should
    @alex, you could make an exception for the teltak goauld rings to fire the beam, cause it never had ancient rings j-oneil just modified them.

And, with the ADS it isnt just not saving the wire i/o's, but also, it isnt spawing the Aschen defence unit when I duplicate, it only spawns the target finder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2309
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    @Ronon, they are ancient just from the name (actually I have no idea why I've called them "ancient"). Please, revert Tel'tac rings to Ancient one, i didn't putted them there for a whim. They fit with design (just watch some stargate episode) and with functionality (O'Neil beam).

@Orilla, it's not so easy. it's better to revert rings to ancients.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #2310
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    @Ronon, they are ancient just from the name (actually I have no idea why I've called them "ancient"). Please, revert Tel'tac rings to Ancient one, i didn't putted them there for a whim. They fit with design (just watch some stargate episode) and with functionality (O'Neil beam).

@Orilla, it's not so easy. it's better to revert rings to ancients.
    it is more realistic to have goauld - the teltak is goauld, but

after watching some stargate episodes recently,
    the rings in the teltak look like the ancient rings model, not the goauld ones, so it is prob a better idea to change it back to ancient.

anyway, yeah, alex, if you could fix ADS not duplicating, it would be great. I think there couldve been an error on it when using the adv dupe, but not the dupe. If I can go on gmod, I will post the error here, I hope it can help!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #2311
    February 2010
    605 Posts
    Orilla, the goauld rings are non existant in the show afaik. the ancient ones were used there in the ship and should be used there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #2312
    March 2012
    403 Posts
    Orilla, the goauld rings are non existant in the show afaik. the ancient ones were used there in the ship and should be used there.
    that is what I said - did you read my whole post, or just the first line???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2313
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,864 Posts
    Code:
    Rev. 303
    Added GMod 13 Compatibility to Main Folder
    Changed Rings in Teltac back to Ancients (Because of Madman's bitching ;)

34. Post #2314
    August 2009
    166 Posts
    can we get that thing that holds a zpm in stargate atlantis S1 E6 ???

35. Post #2315

January 2012
    86 Posts
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES I DID IT!
    I finnaly have found the full bug of the wormhole jump:
    1 Spawn two Stargate Universe gates with their DHDs and other stargate (Not Universe)
    2 Dial the second stargate with the first one
    3 Put a explosive on first one so a wormhole jump will appear.
    4 There are no more Stargate Universe gates, so the gate is now linked with the other stargate
    5 You dialed Universe --> Normal stargate with no energy. :D

Edited:

Also, it never closes (unless you close it or unless you have enabled autoclose (disable it using wire))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

36. Post #2316
    April 2011
    2,024 Posts
    Edited:

Also, it never closes (unless you close it or unless you have enabled autoclose (disable it using wire))
    Did you wait over 37 minutes and 59 seconds? :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

37. Post #2317
    I like Ponies!!!
    January 2010
    2,255 Posts
    Actually, both Goa'uld and Ancient rings looks EXACTLY the same way. But for purposes of the gmod, we renamed those with different base for Ancient (and btw added laser feature).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

38. Post #2318

January 2012
    86 Posts
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES I DID IT!
    I finnaly have found the full bug of the wormhole jump:
    1 Spawn two Stargate Universe gates with their DHDs and other stargate (Not Universe)
    2 Dial the second stargate with the first one
    3 Put a explosive on first one so a wormhole jump will appear.
    4 There are no more Stargate Universe gates, so the gate is now linked with the other stargate
    5 You dialed Universe --> Normal stargate with no energy. :D

Edited:

Did you wait over 37 minutes and 59 seconds? :D
    Nope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

39. Post #2319
    April 2011
    2,024 Posts
    Well, then how can you say it never closes! :D
    I bet it would close on 38th minute! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #2320
    February 2010
    605 Posts
    that is what I said - did you read my whole post, or just the first line???
    I guess i stopped after the first line ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)