1. Post #1
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    I haven't seen the models ripped, so it'd probably be even longer to do, but has anyone ever had an interest in porting the models from the NIS RPG Hyperdimension Neptunia?
    In Particular the Goddesses and their CPU forms. The only thing I'd doubt with the models are faceposing, considering the nature of anime-styled models.

Update

Models currently being ripped from MKII. There's a Texture Issue with some of the expressions thats being delt with.

I've got the following character models exported so far, except for their alternate face textures:

- 5pb
    - Cave
    - Compa
    - Falcom
    - IF
    - Nepgear
    - Neptune
    - Nisa
    - Purple Heart
    - Purple Sister
    - Uni

And the ones that currently have both their models and textures ready:

- CFW Brave
    - CFW Judge
    - CFW Trick
    - Gust

2. Post #2
    June 2005
    138 Posts
    I have all 4 girls in there CPU forms converted to .obj with .png textures. If you can find someone to rig them I'll upload the files for you. As for eye and face posing you will be limited since both are just textures.

3. Post #3
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    I have all 4 girls in there CPU forms converted to .obj with .png textures. If you can find someone to rig them I'll upload the files for you. As for eye and face posing you will be limited since both are just textures.
    ah, so probably bodygroups or different models entirely?

4. Post #4
    June 2005
    138 Posts
    ah, so probably bodygroups or different models entirely?
    Couldn't tell you that since I'm not entirely familiar with how bodygroups work in game.

Anyhoo if you find someone who is totally willing to see this through to the end instead of having the models rot on a hard drive I'll upload them to my dropbox and also work toward getting the girls Human Forms exported :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Couldn't tell you that since I'm not entirely familiar with how bodygroups work in game.

Anyhoo if you find someone who is totally willing to see this through to the end instead of having the models rot on a hard drive I'll upload them to my dropbox and also work toward getting the girls Human Forms exported :D
    Well lets see if this topic cant attract a dedicated modeler. Meanwhile, I'll PM a few and see if they'll humor me with a response.

6. Post #6
    December 2007
    176 Posts
    Alright, I'll see what I can do. Making me stop my MMD work though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Alright, I'll see what I can do. Making me stop my MMD work though.
    Sounds great, so long as it isnt too much of a hindrince to your other project. Look foward to seeing good news.

8. Post #8
    December 2007
    176 Posts
    Well, I can't do anything until he gives me the models. I just hope he wasn't trolling saying he had them.

9. Post #9
    June 2005
    138 Posts
    Well, I can't do anything until he gives me the models. I just hope he wasn't trolling saying he had them.
    Sorry about that guys I've been having issues with my computer hanging and freezing. I was going to wait until I had the human forms exported as well but if you want the CPU forms now you'll get them now. Novax I'll PM you the Dropbox link after I zip up the necessary files.

EDIT:
    I sent Novax Green Heart as a test to see if I exported things correctly when I hear back that everything is ok I'll send the rest. As it stands I ran into a little trouble with Purple Heart's CPU form so I'll try and get that sorted. The Human Forms are almost ready as well. Nu-San if you need any other character models from the game now is the time to ask.

10. Post #10
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Sorry about that guys I've been having issues with my computer hanging and freezing. I was going to wait until I had the human forms exported as well but if you want the CPU forms now you'll get them now. Novax I'll PM you the Dropbox link after I zip up the necessary files.

EDIT:
    I sent Novax Green Heart as a test to see if I exported things correctly when I hear back that everything is ok I'll send the rest. As it stands I ran into a little trouble with Purple Heart's CPU form so I'll try and get that sorted. The Human Forms are almost ready as well. Nu-San if you need any other character models from the game now is the time to ask.
    Lol. Would you believe Green Heart is my favorite?

Well, IF, Compa, NISA, Gust, and Arfoire, off the top of my head. I'm unsure what monsters I'd want particularly, but probably Dogoo and Pixelvader... if it isnt too much trouble

Edit: Oh, and if they arent there already, the weapons?

11. Post #11
    December 2007
    176 Posts
    Is it possible to have the others by chance? Black heart is the one that intrigues me the most. If you also manage to get the human forms, that would be awesome too.

12. Post #12
    June 2005
    138 Posts
    Lol. Would you believe Green Heart is my favorite?

Well, IF, Compa, NISA, Gust, and Arfoire, off the top of my head. I'm unsure what monsters I'd want particularly, but probably Dogoo and Pixelvader... if it isnt too much trouble @_@

Edit: Oh, and if they arent there already, the weapons?
    Green Heart is mine as well <3. I got Compa exported and I'm still looking for the others. PM me some pics of the monsters so I know what to look for. I was going through some weapons and I can get those exported as well I don't know what good they'll do ya unless you find some one who can get them in game. If you have some one then get me pics of the weapons you want or tell me the characters they are used by.

Is it possible to have the others by chance? Black heart is the one that intrigues me the most. If you also manage to get the human forms, that would be awesome too.
    Give me a bit I've got the main girls Human Forms exported but I think I'll redo the Goddess/CPU forms. I'm still having problems with Purple Heart's Goddess/CPU form :\

13. Post #13
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Green Heart is mine as well <3. I got Compa exported and I'm still looking for the others. PM me some pics of the monsters so I know what to look for. I was going through some weapons and I can get those exported as well I don't know what good they'll do ya unless you find some one who can get them in game. If you have some one then get me pics of the weapons you want or tell me the characters they are used by.
    Well, perhaps give me a bit on that too. I'll have to expand my Bestiary and weapon collection in game a bit. I was mostly referring to the CPU form weapons though, since I think they'd look off without their signature weapons. All the other weapons just look cool. Maybe just a few of Compas for now because I doubt the existence of giant syringes in Gmod more than swords, claws/qatars, rapiers, hammers, lances, ect ect.

...or the ones from the pics posted.

14. Post #14
    June 2005
    138 Posts
    Well, perhaps give me a bit on that too. I'll have to expand my Bestiary and weapon collection in game a bit. I was mostly referring to the CPU form weapons though, since I think they'd look off without their signature weapons. All the other weapons just look cool. Maybe just a few of Compas for now because I doubt the existence of giant syringes in Gmod more than swords, claws/qatars, rapiers, hammers, lances, ect ect.

...or the ones from the pics posted.
    Ok I'll see what I can do.

15. Post #15
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Hate to bump, but I'm doing it anyway.

16. Post #16
    June 2005
    138 Posts
    Hate to bump, but I'm doing it anyway.
    A majority of the models are in Novax's hands its up to him now. I've taken a little break from going through the folders for the other characters. Missing at the moment are:
    Purple Heart (Goddess Form), IF, NISA, Gust and Arfoire

I'll get back into the folder searching to see if I can pull some weapons and the missing characters sometime tomorrow/later today if I can. Hopefully things pick up when Novax gets his new computer parts :)

17. Post #17
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    A majority of the models are in Novax's hands its up to him now. I've taken a little break from going through the folders for the other characters. Missing at the moment are:

I'll get back into the folder searching to see if I can pull some weapons and the missing characters sometime tomorrow/later today if I can. Hopefully things pick up when Novax gets his new computer parts :)
    Sounds good, thanks for taking the time to rip the models.

Didnt know Novax's cpu was broken.

18. Post #18
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,851 Posts
    Missing at the moment are:
    Gust, you say?

Just recently found out how to get the models from Mk2... with the original rigging intact, too. Now I just need to figure out what the heck's up with the alternate eyebrow, eye and mouth textures, since they appear to be jumbled up in some way.

19. Post #19
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Gust, you say?

Just recently found out how to get the models from Mk2... with the original rigging intact, too. Now I just need to figure out what the heck's up with the alternate eyebrow, eye and mouth textures, since they appear to be jumbled up in some way.
    MKII's out already? I havent gotten the notice from NISA's online store.

20. Post #20
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,851 Posts
    MKII's out already? I havent gotten the notice from NISA's online store.
    Well, from the Japanese version (Choujigen Game Neptune Mk2), at least, which has been out for a while.

21. Post #21
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Well, from the Japanese version, at least, which has been out for a while.
    Ah. Well as long as we're here, any big changes to the models between games?

22. Post #22
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,851 Posts
    Ah. Well as long as we're here, any big changes to the models between games?
    The models are slightly different (mainly because the way the face textures are set up in Mk2). Either way, the textures were revamped a bit for Mk2, but can still be used with the original models.

Neptune's textures (HDN)
    Neptune's textures (HDN Mk2)

Just as an example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    The models are slightly different (mainly because the way the face textures are set up in Mk2). Either way, the textures were revamped a bit for Mk2, but can still be used with the original models.

Neptune's textures (HDN)

Just as an example.
    The shading and colors are definately smoother. Looks like we can make some nice models from the two games then.

Awsome to see the progress so far. I only wish there was more I could do to contribute.

24. Post #24
    May 2011
    295 Posts
    Send me one of those models/textures and I'll work on it whenever I have the time. I'm done with the Remilia model from Touhou Project so I have a bit more free time.

25. Post #25
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,851 Posts
    Send me one of those models/textures and I'll work on it whenever I have the time. I'm done with the Remilia model from Touhou Project so I have a bit more free time.
    Once I figure out how to decode the face textures, I'll be uploading them to The Models Resource for anyone to use.

26. Post #26
    May 2011
    295 Posts
    Once I figure out how to decode the face textures, I'll be uploading them to The Models Resource for anyone to use.
    Oh hi, remember I was the one who added some flexes and real eyes on the face of your Squirtle model. And teeth too. :D

27. Post #27
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,851 Posts
    I really should make that an official flex for my Squirtle port.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    June 2005
    138 Posts

Neptune's textures (HDN)

Just as an example.
    Wow that is a marked improvement. What are you using to get the models and textures from mk2 RTB?

mk1 Neptune

mk1 Neptune with mk2 Neptune body texture from RTB

Does not seem to translate well when applied to the model but its still better. :)

29. Post #29
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,851 Posts
    Wow that is a marked improvement. What are you using to get the models and textures from mk2 RTB?
    I have to use this program that howfie posted on the XeNTaX forums (which you have to be a registered member to download) to export the models as a LightWave script (and adds a DDS header to the *.TID textures), then I have to edit the "*_bones.ls" LightScript file to remove the bones with no rigging information, then I have to import them into LightWave and export 'em twice (once with the original bone structure, and once with the fixed but misaligned one) as FBX files, or else the rigging goes kaput -- no idea why. Then I have to import the bone-fixed FBX into 3DS Max, export the rigging envelopes, delete the Skin modifier, import the original bone structure, fix any bones that are still misaligned, and then finally re-apply the skin envelopes to the model. And, of course, there's the smoothing groups that need to be reset.

Quite time-consuming to do for just one character, too, but it works.

(EDIT: And a few more things -- Nisa and Gust are nowhere to be found in the first game, being DLC characters and all, and I haven't found Arfoire in either game yet. Also, the face textures don't match up exactly with the ones from the first game, so I've noticed.)

30. Post #30
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    (EDIT: And a few more things -- Nisa and Gust are nowhere to be found in the first game, being DLC characters and all, and I haven't found Arfoire in either game yet. Also, the face textures don't match up exactly with the ones from the first game, so I've noticed.)
    So basically we cant put the combined facial expressions from both games into one model? If I could clarify...

31. Post #31
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,851 Posts
    So basically we cant put the combined facial expressions from both games into one model? If I could clarify...
    Somehow, I think the second game may have the same amount as the first game, but most likely more (since they're grouped into eyebrows/eyelid/pupil/mouth as opposed to just eye/mouth). I'll get back to you on that after I get the textures exported properly.

32. Post #32
    June 2005
    138 Posts
    Oh so the file formats are different that those found in the first game?

I'm a member of Xentax so don't worry. I'll keep an eye out on the mk2 thread.

33. Post #33
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,851 Posts
    Oh so the file formats are different that those found in the first game?

I'm a member of Xentax so don't worry. I'll keep an eye out on the mk2 thread.
    Yeah, the first game uses PSSG (which a selection of other games use), and the second game uses a proprietary format (ISM2).

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,551 Posts
    You guys plan on releasing the models in the future?
    edit:
    Whoops missed it but you already said above.

35. Post #35
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,851 Posts
    You guys plan on releasing the models in the future?
    So that's a "yes".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    December 2007
    176 Posts
    Silly question, but should I wait till they are released with their original rigging or continue with my own? It's been slow due to many issues and other distractions. I apologize for that.

37. Post #37
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,851 Posts
    Silly question, but should I wait till they are released with their original rigging or continue with my own? It's been slow due to many issues and other distractions. I apologize for that.
    Having the rigging by default speeds up the process a whole lot, so that would probably be best.

38. Post #38
    December 2007
    176 Posts
    Alright, sorry for the massive delay in responding to this thread. I will just wait till the ones with rigging come in tact. Also, are NISA and GUST DLC characters in MK II by chance? Also, what would be considered the "superior" models or have higher poly counts?

39. Post #39
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Alright, sorry for the massive delay in responding to this thread. I will just wait till the ones with rigging come in tact. Also, are NISA and GUST DLC characters in MK II by chance? Also, what would be considered the "superior" models or have higher poly counts?
    I think NISA and GUST are there by default in MKII, supported by the fact that RTB could get Gusts files. It looks like the models havent changed much, just the textures for the body and face. Anyone feel free to correct me on that though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Double-Post, sorry

I wanted to ask about a few of the characters in MKII, in particular, 5pb and Red(in the last game they where DLC, so I'm certain it'd have to be the sequel), and those 4 Mecha looking guys that apparently represent stuff like "Kids who cant afford video games".

Also, I heard that in the American version, some of the CPU outfits are censored(despite it being normal on the box art), we are ripping from the Japanese version, correct?