1. Post #41
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    Double-Post, sorry

I wanted to ask about a few of the characters in MKII, in particular, 5pb and Red(in the last game they where DLC, so I'm certain it'd have to be the sequel), and those 4 Mecha looking guys that apparently represent stuff like "Kids who cant afford video games".

Also, I heard that in the American version, some of the CPU outfits are censored(despite it being normal on the box art), we are ripping from the Japanese version, correct?
    Yeah, I'm getting them from the Japanese version... although I have no idea why they'd censor anything in the US version of the game, considering it's M-rated anyway.

Either way, I have located the characters -- 5pb is ID 061, CFW Magic is ID 082, CFW Judge is ID 501, CFW Brave is ID 502, and CFW Trick is ID 503, and the latter three would honestly be the best ones to port first, considering they don't have alternate textures to worry about. Red is nowhere to be found in the game's data. Which means that there is no possible way to get her model unless the EDAT files from the first game are cracked somehow, which I doubt will happen in the next few years. (Took... what, 4 or 5 years for the PSP's to be figured out?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Yeah, I'm getting them from the Japanese version... although I have no idea why they'd censor anything in the US version of the game, considering it's M-rated anyway.

Either way, I have located the characters -- 5pb is ID 061, CFW Magic is ID 082, CFW Judge is ID 501, CFW Brave is ID 502, and CFW Trick is ID 503, and the latter three would honestly be the best ones to port first, considering they don't have alternate textures to worry about. Red is nowhere to be found in the game's data. Which means that there is no possible way to get her model unless the EDAT files from the first game are cracked somehow, which I doubt will happen in the next few years. (Took... what, 4 or 5 years for the PSP's to be figured out?)
    Aw. Shame about Red. But we got everyone else it seems. Thanks for checking that up for me.

Yeah, I found it odd that the game was censored. Maybe because some of the characters are underaged[didnt stop anyone before]

3. Post #43
    December 2007
    176 Posts
    Well, got my new pc up and running. Still finishing re-obtaining programs and other things. Might still be awhile. I apologize again, but at least I'm back in business with a very nice pc.

4. Post #44
    December 2007
    176 Posts
    Please let me know when you have those models ready RTB. I've been distracted a bit playing a back log of games for my new PC.

5. Post #45
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Please let me know when you have those models ready RTB. I've been distracted a bit playing a back log of games for my new PC.
    Same here, I've had a giant list of games I need to properly beat for awhile. And its not shrinking.

Well, to keep the thread alive, how is progress RTB?

6. Post #46
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    Well, to keep the thread alive, how is progress RTB?
    Well, I've got the majority of them ready (except for the original characters at the moment), but the thing is I need to crack those face textures still, or else they'll all be emotionless (and Compa will be perpetually sad)... I might start by working on a handful of enemies because of that problem (I've already got the Plumindigo and Blinky series enemies planned).

7. Post #47
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    This was NOT fun to repair.

Before:

After:

Neptune's pupil textures, unscrambled... without its alpha channel because of the way I did so (manually in Paint Shop Pro 7, took me a good two hours). Now I just need a way to both explain how it's done, and find a program or whatever to unscramble those bloody textures because I really don't want to waste my time doing so manually...

8. Post #48
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    This was NOT fun to repair.

Neptune's pupil textures, unscrambled... without its alpha channel because of the way I did so (manually in Paint Shop Pro 7, took me a good two hours). Now I just need a way to both explain how it's done, and find a program or whatever to unscramble those bloody textures because I really don't want to waste my time doing so manually...
    Props for getting that done, but boy does it seem like hell. Has there been any other game with these texture issues?

9. Post #49
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    And, in relation to what I said earlier...

Now I just need to figure out what the heck's up with the alternate eyebrow, eye and mouth textures, since they appear to be jumbled up in some way.

There's the same texture, now with 100% less jumble! I've set up some "selection" PNG files to help make re-assembling the textures a bit less painful. Still takes a while to do so, but it's much more efficient to fix the textures now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    And, in relation to what I said earlier...

There's the same texture, now with 100% less jumble! I've set up some "selection" PNG files to help make re-assembling the textures a bit less painful. Still takes a while to do so, but it's much more efficient to fix the textures now.
    Do you plan to do all/most of them yourself or can we help in any way?

11. Post #51
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    Do you plan to do all/most of them yourself or can we help in any way?
    I'd like to find a way to automate the process... but I know diddly-squat about programming. At least my manual method doesn't take as long as it used to -- I got Gust's last few textures fixed in less than an hour.

12. Post #52
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    I'd like to find a way to automate the process... but I know diddly-squat about programming. At least my manual method doesn't take as long as it used to -- I got Gust's last few textures fixed in less than an hour.
    If everyone has around the same amount of textures then we could make some good time. Who's models do we have so far? I think I'll update the OP with a list to keep people up to date.

13. Post #53
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    If everyone has around the same amount of textures then we could make some good time. Who's models do we have so far? I think I'll update the OP with a list to keep people up to date.
    Yeah, everyone has the same amount of texture files, more or less (accessory, body, face, hair, eyebrows, eyelids, mouth, pupils -- half are easy to extract, the other half isn't). Regardless, I've got the following character models exported so far, except for their alternate face textures:

- 5pb
    - Cave
    - Compa
    - Falcom
    - IF
    - Nepgear
    - Neptune
    - Nisa
    - Purple Heart
    - Purple Sister
    - Uni

And the ones that currently have both their models and textures ready:

- CFW Brave
    - CFW Judge
    - CFW Trick
    - Gust

14. Post #54
    December 2007
    176 Posts
    Sounds like a pain. I can be patient and all, just worried you dropped the project or forgot about it. Would it be better to do rigging via Blender or 3Dmax by chance?

15. Post #55
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    Sounds like a pain. I can be patient and all, just worried you dropped the project or forgot about it. Would it be better to do rigging via Blender or 3Dmax by chance?
    Well, the files are currently both *.MAX (2009) files, and *.SMD files, with the rigging (mostly) intact. Once I get the rest of the textures ripped, they'll all be going up on The Models Resource for anyone to work on. I've got way too much to work on right now, so I'm only gonna be porting a few of them myself... at least, for now.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll probably be the one that ends up porting most of them.

16. Post #56
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Well, the files are currently both *.MAX (2009) files, and *.SMD files, with the rigging (mostly) intact. Once I get the rest of the textures ripped, they'll all be going up on The Models Resource for anyone to work on. I've got way too much to work on right now, so I'm only gonna be porting a few of them myself... at least, for now.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll probably be the one that ends up porting most of them.
    It must be tough being one of the few who ports outside of games with guns...

I'd like to port a few to help out, but I'm stuck on learning rigging.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    December 2007
    176 Posts
    I wouldn't minding porting, I just need to know what would be needed and where to get the "main source". And any tips/advice on making it easier would be nice too. Also Nu-San, I ported from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Duel Transer. Got me Dark Signer Carly from it :D

Just let me know what's going on RTB and I'll see what I can do.

18. Post #58
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    I wouldn't minding porting, I just need to know what would be needed and where to get the "main source". And any tips/advice on making it easier would be nice too. Also Nu-San, I ported from Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Duel Transer. Got me Dark Signer Carly from it :D

Just let me know what's going on RTB and I'll see what I can do.
    Well, I don't have to worry about manually fixing those textures anymore -- MrAdults over at the XeNTaX forums just mentioned that they used the "Morton" swizzle format, and wrote a script that lets Noesis import the textures, saving me the time of having to convert them myself (thankfully).

So once I get a few other things out of the way, I'll be uploading the models to The Models Resource, about two or three at a time. (Feel free to request which ones you want me to upload first!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    December 2007
    176 Posts
    I suppose Black Heart (white haired one) and NISA (the blue haired one, was DLC in the first game if correct) if you want to start with those two. Just glad you were able to solve the problem and made it easier to get them. What format will they be in again? I might be restricted to Blender until I find a means to get 3D Max again.

20. Post #60
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    I suppose Black Heart (white haired one) and NISA (the blue haired one, was DLC in the first game if correct) if you want to start with those two. Just glad you were able to solve the problem and made it easier to get them. What format will they be in again? I might be restricted to Blender until I find a means to get 3D Max again.
    They'll be both DAE and SMD. SMD should hopefully work, especially if you're working with the Source engine.

21. Post #61
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Well, I don't have to worry about manually fixing those textures anymore -- MrAdults over at the XeNTaX forums just mentioned that they used the "Morton" swizzle format, and wrote a script that lets Noesis import the textures, saving me the time of having to convert them myself (thankfully).

So once I get a few other things out of the way, I'll be uploading the models to The Models Resource, about two or three at a time. (Feel free to request which ones you want me to upload first!)
    Probably Blanc/White Heart, Vert/Green Heart, 5pb, Compa, or CFW Brave

Great news, btw! Thanks for all your efforts RTB. Have another Winner ribbon.

22. Post #62
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    Also, I heard that in the American version, some of the CPU outfits are censored(despite it being normal on the box art), we are ripping from the Japanese version, correct?
    In relation to this, I just did an MD5-duplicate check on the extracted folders of both the US and Japanese versions. There's not a single change in the characters folder, but what caught my eye is that there were actually a couple of weapon textures that were censored, both from one of Uni's weapons...!

The PSP/360 similarities were removed from 'em in the US version (Japanese on top, US on the bottom of each set).

23. Post #63
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    In relation to this, I just did an MD5-duplicate check on the extracted folders of both the US and Japanese versions. There's not a single change in the characters folder, but what caught my eye is that there were actually a couple of weapon textures that were censored, both from one of Uni's weapons...!

The PSP/360 similarities were removed from 'em in the US version (Japanese on top, US on the bottom of each set).
    Okay, what? Xbox360 I can understand, but its on a Sony console, why would the sony similarities be removed?

Oh, also... I heard from a friend that Keiji Inafune make a cameo in the game as a summon/weapon. Is he somewhere amongst the files?

24. Post #64
    December 2007
    176 Posts
    Is kind of odd to censor such things. Even alterting the colors seems abit odd. Though I would say the xbox is now more of a black and green theme these days. Best of luck to you.

25. Post #65

April 2012
    2 Posts
    Hoping this thread isn't dead, as for I would love to have the CPUs in Gmod. Any additional progress?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Hoping this thread isn't dead, as for I would love to have the CPUs in Gmod. Any additional progress?
    Only progress I'm aware of are that 5pb and Gusts models have been put onto the Models Resource. I'm in no hurry though, things take time.

27. Post #67
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    Only progress I'm aware of are that 5pb and Gusts models have been put onto the Models Resource. I'm in no hurry though, things take time.
    Yeah, I've come across a bit of a problem with the majority of them. 5pb's and Gust's models have a proper "hip" bone, so howfie's HDNMk2 model-converting program over at the XeNTaX forums exports their models perfectly. Green Heart's, too, so I'll be uploading her model next. Everyone else? Well... Since they don't have the "hip" bone, it basically ignores the rigging for that section, so by the time I get it in 3DS Max, it rounds out the rest of the vertex point values for the rigging, creating a very jagged bend:

When it should be more like this two-minute, quick re-rig:

Otherwise I'd do a batch upload of the rest of them, since I have all of their models ready, other than those rigging problems. Perhaps I should badger howfie about fixing up his program...

28. Post #68
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    Nisa. *hand on her shoulder* You have no ass.

Well its good to know that some progress has been made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    January 2012
    260 Posts
    A blatant double-post superbump for some art from the upcoming game, Neptune V(standing for Victory) Which features PS1 Noire, Xbox Original Vert, Famicom Blanc, and even a new goddess for Planeptune... who's goddess form looks strangely perverted...

And to keep this post relevant to the Model/Skins section, it seems like their returning to the animated CG images for text events, which may mean less models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    Well, that solves the major problem for me -- I found a LightWave script that basically sets the "missing" weights to a specified weight map, which was exactly what I was looking for. So, that means that I can start working on the rest of the characters now without worrying about some parts being improperly rigged. You'll know where to find them once they're up and ready.

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,551 Posts
    I know your getting these rigged but does the game use PSSG format? http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.ph...onelico#p55481 this script converts it to obj and gets DDS textures.

32. Post #72
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    I know your getting these rigged but does the game use PSSG format? http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.ph...onelico#p55481 this script converts it to obj and gets DDS textures.
    Only the first game does. Neptunia Mk2, which is where I've been getting the models from, uses a newer ISM2 format (which Mugen Souls also uses), A member by the name of howfie on the XeNTaX forums wrote a program that exports those models into a script that LightWave can import. It's got a couple of flaws (one being that certain models won't import), but the other one I just recently found a fix for (to fix the missing rigging for the first, "root" bone in the model).

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,551 Posts
    Only the first game does. Neptunia Mk2, which is where I've been getting the models from, uses a newer ISM2 format (which Mugen Souls also uses), A member by the name of howfie on the XeNTaX forums wrote a program that exports those models into a script that LightWave can import. It's got a couple of flaws (one being that certain models won't import), but the other one I just recently found a fix for (to fix the missing rigging for the first, "root" bone in the model).
    Doesnt lightwave skin its models by vertexes instead of bones? the bones are used to deform. I dont have much experience with lightwave but I heard its quiet a bit different in rigging then 3ds max or maya.

34. Post #74
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    Doesnt lightwave skin its models by vertexes instead of bones? the bones are used to deform. I dont have much experience with lightwave but I heard its quiet a bit different in rigging then 3ds max or maya.
    Yes, it does. Thankfully, in LightWave you can export it to its "Layout" sub-program, which you can assign bones (which the model-converting program also exports, as a separate script) and then export to an FBX, which a program such as 3DS Max can import. The "bones" script does need a few fixes, though, or else it will end up breaking the rigging of the models upon exporting.

Lightwave is a very finicky program. 'nuff said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    April 2012
    33 Posts
    Wow! *0* I really like those models and want some >o<
    I can rig them myself I just need the mesh files and textures c:
    I'm going to use them for my MMD >O<

36. Post #76
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    Wow! *0* I really like those models and want some >o<
    I can rig them myself I just need the mesh files and textures c:
    I'm going to use them for my MMD >O<
    Keep an eye on The Models Resource, I'm gonna have more of 'em uploaded in the upcoming weeks.

37. Post #77
    April 2012
    33 Posts
    Keep an eye on The Models Resource, I'm gonna have more of 'em uploaded in the upcoming weeks.
    Really? *0*
    I really want someeeeee! >O<

38. Post #78
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    Really? *0*
    I really want someeeeee! >O<
    http://models-resource.com/other_sys...mk2/index.html

I'll be uploading batches of new models there weekly (starting with Noire, Blanc, Vert, Compa, White Heart and Green Heart). Please be patient for them, as it does take a while to convert them to a usable format.

39. Post #79
    April 2012
    33 Posts
    http://models-resource.com/other_sys...mk2/index.html

I'll be uploading batches of new models there weekly (starting with Noire, Blanc, Vert, Compa, White Heart and Green Heart). Please be patient for them, as it does take a while to convert them to a usable format.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!! :D

But how do you convert them to MMD just asking OuO

40. Post #80
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,855 Posts
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!! :D

But how do you convert them to MMD just asking OuO
    *shrug*

I think you can do so with a 3DS Max script, but I'm really not sure. I'm just uploading the models in DAE/SMD format so that someone else who knows how can do so.