1. Post #1721
    September 2009
    3,730 Posts
    How are people still using this as a legit argument

It's as idiotic as saying "dont like it dont play it" to video games. Since when are we not allowed to criticize things we dont like?
    The only problem is that what people complaining about the show are doing is extremely annoying to everyone. Maybe if they posted "Well, I didn't like this show because <this reason here>" and then perhaps started a discussion about it, it might be alright. Sure, you see people doing this...every single week. For the same reason. If you don't like it by now you SHOULD stop watching,as the people in this thread aren't interested in hearing about how people dont like the show for the same reason every week. Its like if you went to a coffee shop every day, brought a coffee, then went "I hate this, its too bitter", then the next day you came back and got the exact same thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

2. Post #1722
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,353 Posts
    i love lots of stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Friendly Friendly x 4Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1723
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,085 Posts
    How are people still using this as a legit argument

It's as idiotic as saying "dont like it dont play it" to video games. Since when are we not allowed to criticize things we dont like?
    Because usually, if you don't like a video game, you quit playing. But people are complaining about every little thing and comin back each week to more, even though the writing is the same. Obviously if you come back to something each week, that must mean you like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #1724

March 2012
    44 Posts
    Because usually, if you don't like a video game, you quit playing. But people are complaining about every little thing and comin back each week to more, even though the writing is the same. Obviously if you come back to something each week, that must mean you like it.
    It's like the EA/Origin situation, people are saying how terrible EA are and that they're never buying from the company again, ME3 comes out, and then we start the cycle all over again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #1725
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,520 Posts
    check out professor over here with his Ph.D in psychology.

Most likely it's because it was based off an amazing comic series, so they continue to watch because of the sheer potential of it turning over a new leaf and not being full of such terrible drama. Which it was, there's really no argument there. I wasn't really into it until the last couple of episodes because their actions actually started to make sense. It's gotten better for sure but I have no idea where some people are getting it has been amazing the whole time, because it was pretty crap earlier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1726
    March 2012
    1,215 Posts
    I'm fine with people not liking what I like, and I'm cool with them airing their grievances in this thread; it isn't the Walking Dead Appreciation Station, it's a thread for discussing the show, and if they're not enjoying something about it, I'd like to hear what they have to say. It's more fun to discuss the show with someone with a different point a view, the entire thread can't be "Man this show is great don't you agree?" "Yeah I agree!", that's boring. I want people with differing opinions so we can level on this shit.

Unless it's just "god this show sucks why do you guys even like it why don't you get some standards", that's not cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #1727

March 2012
    44 Posts
    check out professor over here with his Ph.D in psychology.

Most likely it's because it was based off an amazing comic series, so they continue to watch because of the sheer potential of it turning over a new leaf and not being full of such terrible drama. Which it was, there's really no argument there. I wasn't really into it until the last couple of episodes because their actions actually started to make sense. It's gotten better for sure but I have no idea where some people are getting it has been amazing the whole time, because it was pretty crap earlier.
    Nobody is saying it has been amazing the whole time.

People are fed up of people going in this thread, going "walking dead, terrible writing, terrible acting etc" after each episode, yet they continue to return and complain every week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

8. Post #1728
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,208 Posts
    Can we stop arguing about who likes the show and who doesn't and actually talk about it?

I was pretty shocked to see Shane die, that last second when Rick gave up his gun I was convinced Shane would come to his senses and have a breakdown when he realised what he is doing, certainly didn't expect the stab. I like the show overall, it really succeeds in showing what happens when societies fall apart. Also Shane was a perfect survivor, what broke him down in the end was his jealousy for Carl and Lori, had it not been for them he would have died from old age. Cant wait to see how they pull the governor story next season, I will be shattered if they pull the same kills as in the comic   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

9. Post #1729
    March 2012
    1,215 Posts
    Can we stop arguing about who likes the show and who doesn't and actually talk about it?

I was pretty shocked to see Shane die, that last second when Rick gave up his gun I was convinced Shane would come to his senses and have a breakdown when he realised what he is doing, certainly didn't expect the stab. I like the show overall, it really succeeds in showing what happens when societies fall apart. Also Shane was a perfect survivor, what broke him down in the end was his jealousy for Carl and Lori, had it not been for them he would have died from old age. Cant wait to see how they pull the governor story next season, I will be shattered if they pull the same kills as in the comic   
       Shane had to go. He was too much of a threat. I agree, he was absolutely perfect for that world and definitely someone I'd want around (unless he was crazy and wanted to kill me or something), but Rick had no choice.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1730

March 2012
    44 Posts

Shane would be brilliant at surviving solo, but as part of a group he causes too much friction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

11. Post #1731
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,699 Posts
    I think we can all agree the most self-sufficient member of the group is Daryl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

12. Post #1732
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,208 Posts
    Only one who seemingly hunts too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1733
    September 2009
    3,730 Posts
    No, T-Dog is the most self-sufficent member of the group. Heavily skilled at avoiding every single drama of the group as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny x 21Agree x 5Artistic x 1Useful x 1Zing x 1Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #1734
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    he needs to die for rick to become a true leader
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #1735
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,134 Posts
    my fav character along with rick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

16. Post #1736
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    It's not like the writers can see this, if you honestly want to criticize, send them an email. Posting here that you do not like the show, but still watch it every week does nothing but make you look like an idiot. It's more along the lines of "don't like it, don't post about it being bad in a thread where no one cares that you think it is bad"
    nothing wrong with pointing out things we don't like

also, I never said I didn't like the show, I only worded that badly

Edited:

i love lots of stuff
    I'd say you hate everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

17. Post #1737
    April 2011
    1,388 Posts
    I just saw last weeks episode the other night (was quite late due to "family" coming over and what not) and all I have to say is:

GOD DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

18. Post #1738
    March 2011
    4,186 Posts
    Daryl should teach Rick and Glenn a few things about survival and hunting in the woods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #1739
    September 2009
    3,730 Posts
    Daryl should teach Rick and Glenn a few things about survival and hunting in the woods.
    I actually don't get why there hasn't been an episode showing this yet. Clearly Daryls survival skills are very, VERY useful skills to have, especially in a zombie apocalypse, and having the men of the group know how to track and hunt would be essential.     Granted he's going a lttle coo-coo in the later episodes what with the ear necklaces     but still. It would of made great episode filler, just showing Rick and Glenn learning how to hunt and track would of been a better sub plot to watch than RANDOM CHARACTER I NEVER PAID ATTENTION TO KILLING HERSELF ;-;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #1740
    My dick's so long, if I laid it on my keyboard, it'd reach from A to Z.
    March 2012
    2,097 Posts
       Shane definitely had to go. Had he stuck around, he's have killed Rick. But he wouldn't have stopped there. . .Hershel would undoubtedly be next to die, as Shane would have viewed him as an obstacle. Once Hershel was dead, Maggie would be next. Then Glen. Lori and the baby would probably die next, once Lori put two and two together regarding all the other deaths, leaving Carl being raised by Andrea (similar to her role in the comics). Daryl would be a threat to Shane's new position as leader, so Shane would kill him, or risk being taken out, himself.

Pretty much, the group would boil down to Shane, Carl, and Andrea. Andrea or Carl would eventually be forced to kill Shane. 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #1741
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,909 Posts
       Shane definitely had to go. Had he stuck around, he's have killed Rick. But he wouldn't have stopped there. . .Hershel would undoubtedly be next to die, as Shane would have viewed him as an obstacle. Once Hershel was dead, Maggie would be next. Then Glen. Lori and the baby would probably die next, once Lori put two and two together regarding all the other deaths, leaving Carl being raised by Andrea (similar to her role in the comics). Daryl would be a threat to Shane's new position as leader, so Shane would kill him, or risk being taken out, himself.

Pretty much, the group would boil down to Shane, Carl, and Andrea. Andrea or Carl would eventually be forced to kill Shane. 

dude you forgot T-DOGG, how can you forget him?

and i don't even know why you spoiler tagged all of that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1742
    October 2010
    10,393 Posts

I don't understand your logic, why would he kill Lori   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #1743
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts

Shane isn't a serial killer, as far as I'm concerned   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1744
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,360 Posts
       Shane was just bat shit insane, a killer maybe, but not a serial killer   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

25. Post #1745
    October 2010
    10,393 Posts
    I always favorite the dick who is also a badass in TV shows and I don't know why, probably why I liked Shane
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #1746
    March 2011
    4,186 Posts
    I actually don't get why there hasn't been an episode showing this yet. Clearly Daryls survival skills are very, VERY useful skills to have, especially in a zombie apocalypse, and having the men of the group know how to track and hunt would be essential.     Granted he's going a lttle coo-coo in the later episodes what with the ear necklaces     but still. It would of made great episode filler, just showing Rick and Glenn learning how to hunt and track would of been a better sub plot to watch than RANDOM CHARACTER I NEVER PAID ATTENTION TO KILLING HERSELF ;-;
        I thought the ear necklaces helped masked his scent?   

27. Post #1747
    August 2011
    410 Posts
       Shane isn't a serial killer, as far as I'm concerned   
       Shane was just bat shit insane, a killer maybe, but not a serial killer   

What's with the spoiler tags?

28. Post #1748
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,803 Posts
    What's with the spoiler tags?
    I don't know, people may connect that stuff together    and realize that he killed someone in the last episode   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

29. Post #1749
    August 2011
    410 Posts
    t-dawg is my least favorite character.

BANNED FOR RACISM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #1750
    March 2012
    1,215 Posts
    Theodore Dawglas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

31. Post #1751
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
    Does anyone have any finale leaked spoilers they'd like to share? In spoiler tags, of course. I read the imdb leak but that only covered up until last episode.

Someone thought it would be funny to spoil a certain game I've been waiting years to play, let's just say I'm pretty angry right now.

Edited:

I also just like knowing what's going to happen before my family watches it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #1752
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    568 Posts
       Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I'm assuming the knife used to kill shane was the same knife rick used to kill zombies through the fence when they went to release the kid. So that would explain the reanimation outside of some silly voodoo bullshit...   

As far as the writings concerned, the good parts keep me watching, overall the writing needs to improve and, the cliffhangers are getting a little too extreme, they may as well end the episode mid-sentence every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

33. Post #1753
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
       Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I'm assuming the knife used to kill shane was the same knife rick used to kill zombies through the fence when they went to release the kid. So that would explain the reanimation outside of some silly voodoo bullshit...   

As far as the writings concerned, the good parts keep me watching, overall the writing needs to improve and, the cliffhangers are getting a little too extreme, they may as well end the episode mid-sentence every time.)
       It's not the knife. Everyone turns. I was thinking airborne disease instead of voodoo but that's just me.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #1754
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    568 Posts
    If it was airborne there seems to be far too many bodies around that don't look like they've been reanimated then though, mainly all the scenes with cars, ect.

Plus i can't really think of any other scene where someone became a zombie after being killed except for    shane and the kid he killed.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #1755
    November 2009
    6,879 Posts

As far as the writings concerned, the good parts keep me watching, overall the writing needs to improve and, the cliffhangers are getting a little too extreme, they may as well end the episode mid-sentence every time.
    No it wouldn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1756
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    568 Posts
    No it wouldn't.
    How wouldn't it? It would explain it, doesn't necessarily mean it's the correct explanation.

37. Post #1757
    March 2012
    1,215 Posts
    No it wouldn't.
    dat spoilerific avatar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #1758
    January 2010
    1,289 Posts
    How wouldn't it? It would explain it, doesn't necessarily mean it's the correct explanation.
    Another thing that would explain it    is that maybe the infection was airborne and was introduced into major population centers across the globe. Instead of killing the victims it lays dormant until death, reanimating the victim afterwards. So pretty much anyone who is alive has already been exposed and are now carriers, ticking time bombs waiting to go off. And think about it, infection through bite is pretty scary, yeah. But it's not effective enough to spread as fast as it did in the show. Over a hundred thousand people die everyday from natural or other causes, if it was released into population centers and allowed to circulate long enough, in one day hundreds of recently deceased people would reanimate in hospital morgues and funeral services taking government and law enforcement by surprise. Unless mother nature ripped a big one and waved it in our direction, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole cause of the outbreak is a terrorist attack.   

39. Post #1759
    March 2010
    3,308 Posts
    If it was airborne there seems to be far too many bodies around that don't look like they've been reanimated then though, mainly all the scenes with cars, ect.

Plus i can't really think of any other scene where someone became a zombie after being killed except for    shane and the kid he killed.   
    They said specifically during the highway scene and others,    they made sure they showed head trauma, they knew from the beginning that they were going to reveal this at some point. So every time they showed a dead body that wasn't a zombie it had some sort of head wound.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #1760
    November 2009
    6,879 Posts
    Just cuz some zombie blood may or may not have gotten in him wouldn't necessitate his reanimation, this isn't 28 Days Later. In this, reanimation is caused by death, which is caused by either zombie bites or anything else you can think of, a little blood on the knife is nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)