1. Post #2441
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,145 Posts
    Hiding on a boat = struggle for food and clean water. And you'd get so depressed and bored you'd just blow your brains out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2442
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,175 Posts
    Hiding on a boat = struggle for food and clean water. And you'd get so depressed and bored you'd just blow your brains out.
    You can park it in every now and again.
    Just like with a car you can stop somewhere and find supplies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

3. Post #2443
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,307 Posts
    I think a boat is a bad idea. Boats can sink, boats require maintenance, and boats are relatively small. Too many things can go wrong, weather/running aground/etc.

I'd favor making my base somewhere on land that requires hand/eye coordination to enter. For instance, if you make camp somewhere that requires climbing a rope ladder to get to, you instantly eliminate any chance a zombie can get there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #2444
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,905 Posts
    I had a dream about the Season 3 premier last night. It started off in the morning and in a desert-like area. The first bit was just Rick, Lori, Carl, Herschel, and Beth walking around and towards what seemed like to be    the entrance of the prison    from the    Season 2 ending   . I'm not sure what happened in the dream that lead to this but I think Rick and Lori were arguing the whole time, and all-of-a-sudden Rick went batshit insane I guess, because somehow Herschel and Carl ended up dead lying next to each other on the sand with their eyes wide-open like walkers. It was freaky how they didn't even become walkers, just lying there dead, no blood or anything. Anyway, after this, it triggered even more arguing between Rick and Lori. And Lori started to hate and avoid him even more.

Then, after this, the scene shifted to Beth running away some place, crying and screaming because her father died. Somehow, she ended up in an abandoned rich home (imagine the mansion from Left 4 Dead 2, but trashed), and it showed her criss-crossed, rocking, and crying to herself. This would be shown for about 5-7 seconds, and, out of the blue, three Mexican dudes with AK-47s come out of nowhere and start making her feel comfortable. But then they started to show it more pervertedly, and it wasn't too soon that she realized their real intentions, which was to eventually hold her down to rape her. She suddenly lost all comfort, quickly grabbed an AK-47 one of the goons dropped, and shot the fuck out of all three of them with one whole magazine (well, I don't know my terminology).

Due to that, however, triggered a horde of walkers coming, and that's when Beth decides to become a badass zombie slayer from Nebraska.

That was pretty much the whole dream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #2445
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,377 Posts
    I had a dream about the Season 3 premier last night. It started off in the morning and in a desert-like area. The first bit was just Rick, Lori, Carl, Herschel, and Beth walking around and towards what seemed like to be    the entrance of the prison    from the    Season 2 ending   . I'm not sure what happened in the dream that lead to this but I think Rick and Lori were arguing the whole time, and all-of-a-sudden Rick went batshit insane I guess, because somehow Herschel and Carl ended up dead lying next to each other on the sand with their eyes wide-open like walkers. It was freaky how they didn't even become walkers, just lying there dead, no blood or anything. Anyway, after this, it triggered even more arguing between Rick and Lori. And Lori started to hate and avoid him even more.

Then, after this, the scene shifted to Beth running away some place, crying and screaming because her father died. Somehow, she ended up in an abandoned rich home (imagine the mansion from Left 4 Dead 2, but trashed), and it showed her criss-crossed, rocking, and crying to herself. This would be shown for about 5-7 seconds, and, out of the blue, three Mexican dudes with AK-47s come out of nowhere and start making her feel comfortable. But then they started to show it more pervertedly, and it wasn't too soon that she realized their real intentions, which was to eventually hold her down to rape her. She suddenly lost all comfort, quickly grabbed an AK-47 one of the goons dropped, and shot the fuck out of all three of them with one whole magazine (well, I don't know my terminology).

Due to that, however, triggered a horde of walkers coming, and that's when Beth decides to become a badass zombie slayer from Nebraska.

That was pretty much the whole dream.
    Too bad Thomas is going to kill her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #2446
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,175 Posts
    I think a boat is a bad idea. Boats can sink, boats require maintenance, and boats are relatively small. Too many things can go wrong, weather/running aground/etc.

I'd favor making my base somewhere on land that requires hand/eye coordination to enter. For instance, if you make camp somewhere that requires climbing a rope ladder to get to, you instantly eliminate any chance a zombie can get there.
    I was thinking boat because of a zombies inability to swim and how safe you could be.
    A rope ladder could work, a very slow way to get into your safehouse though, if you're being chased they might grab you as your climbing
    Which is always my worst fear in video games.

7. Post #2447
    November 2009
    6,456 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #2448
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,307 Posts
    I was thinking boat because of a zombies inability to swim and how safe you could be.
    A rope ladder could work, a very slow way to get into your safehouse though, if you're being chased they might grab you as your climbing
    Which is always my worst fear in video games.
    I just used that as an example. The idea is zombies can't do certain things, like climb. If you build your safe zone in such a way to take advantage of that you might not even need things like walls or doors. Things like a rope bridge, where you have to balance AND hold on to the ropes in order to cross, a zombie isn't going to make it, they'll fall right off at the start. Or a tiger trap area, where only you and your people know the correct path. Zombies will shamble straight after you and right into the traps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

9. Post #2449
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,831 Posts
    I just used that as an example. The idea is zombies can't do certain things, like climb. If you build your safe zone in such a way to take advantage of that you might not even need things like walls or doors. Things like a rope bridge, where you have to balance AND hold on to the ropes in order to cross, a zombie isn't going to make it, they'll fall right off at the start. Or a tiger trap area, where only you and your people know the correct path. Zombies will shamble straight after you and right into the traps.
    What if you're starting to run across the rope bridge, zombies try to follow you and fall on the planks, possibly putting to much weight on that one side and the bridge snaps?

10. Post #2450
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,952 Posts
    I live right near some docks, and on them is an out of use military ship. It just sits at the pier all day and they do tours and stuff. I reckon my best bet would be grab a whole bunch of food, climb onto the ship and pull up the walkway leading to it.
    Would be the safest place ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

11. Post #2451
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,241 Posts
    I'd look for survivors, grab some food and maybe head to my friend's 3 floor house. However, it's easy to get cornered there, the only alternate exit leading to a school, that could be filled with zombies.

OR I could go to a school that's close (not that close, but worth the risk), since not only it's huge, it has several doors and gates, and it doesn't even have that much people working/studying there.
    It's a catholic school though, so there are lots of nuns living there
    zombie nuns
    I'm not sure how bad that'd be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

12. Post #2452
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,307 Posts
    What if you're starting to run across the rope bridge, zombies try to follow you and fall on the planks, possibly putting to much weight on that one side and the bridge snaps?
    No I mean a literal rope bridge. One rope you have to walk on, which is impossible unless you grab onto the two ropes(right and left) that are used as handrails. The zombies can't balance on the rope they have to stand on and they're too dumb to grab the handrails, so they'll fall.

This way the rope bridge can always be there, since there's no way zombies can use it. You don't have to worry about untying it or retracting it. And since it's always there you can always use it in an emergency. Rope ladders would work the same, since zombies can't use them they can be left in place.

In my plan, the rope ladder is the last obstacle to climb before you're 'safe', so there should never be zombies there or chasing you to there. If there are zombies in the area of the rope ladder, you should be heading to your backup shelter, because something has gone drastically wrong. From your backup shelter you can regroup and then clear the zombies around your rope ladder.

13. Post #2453
    March 2011
    3,992 Posts
    I'd take a boat to some uninhabited island near by where I live with some supplies to grow food, tools to make a shed/shack to sleep in, maybe some pots and cups to use to boil salt water to purify it. The only thing I would have to worry about if there's already people there who are bitten/dead/not friendly, or if someone who was bitten used a boat to get to the island I'm on, finding meat to eat, etc.

Also T-Dog is fastest person alive, in 'Pretty Much Dead Already' when you hear him say "Oh Shit", when he says 'Oh' his arm is behind his head but when he says "Shit" his arm is by his side in less than a second.

14. Post #2454
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,241 Posts
    Yeah an island sounds like a good idea, as long as you have a decent boat

15. Post #2455
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,377 Posts

Rick you sly dog you.

16. Post #2456
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    November 2006
    6,827 Posts

Rick you sly dog you.
    You think they'll have Rick grow long hair like that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2457
    August 2011
    410 Posts
    Tv rick has curly gay hair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #2458
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    The magic of modern hair products.

19. Post #2459
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,241 Posts
    I don't know about you, but I'd find it pretty weird if Rick got long, straight hair out of nowhere

20. Post #2460
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    he could buzz it and it grows back straight? that's what happened with my hair
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

21. Post #2461
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,241 Posts
    it grows back straight then it gets curly again, that's what always happens to me

22. Post #2462
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,225 Posts
    I'd just hide in the ocean on a boat, Zombies can't swim can they?
    They could float for a bit, then they would get filled up with water and sink.

I'd think hiding on a boat would be a excellent place.
    Yeah, they'd float for a bit, then they'd get waterlogged and sink. WWZ covers with both parts...
    Deep sea Zombies crawling with Hagfish. Yeah that just made your day didn't it?

23. Post #2463
    December 2009
    2,145 Posts
    Just watched the scene where    Dale gets bitten and has to be killed,    almost shed some manly tears. He was one of my favorites.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #2464
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,241 Posts
    Yeah, they'd float for a bit, then they'd get waterlogged and sink. WWZ covers with both parts...
    at first I thought this was about rick's curly hair, made me confused
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #2465
    November 2009
    6,456 Posts
    I don't know about you, but I'd find it pretty weird if Rick got long, straight hair out of nowhere
    You won't like the comics then.

It's in the first issue.   

26. Post #2466
    DANK
    July 2011
    10,175 Posts
    So what if a shark finds these lovely sea crawlers and decides to bite them?
    We have giant great white zombie sharks?

Good lord that's terrifying.

27. Post #2467
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    You won't like the comics then.

It's in the first issue.   
    I don't think it's so much Rick having long hair as it is Andrew Lincoln having longer hair.

But I could definitely see them start growing his hair out as the show goes on, now.

28. Post #2468
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,629 Posts
    Does anyone have the link or the song that happens during the whole ending scene of episode 12(where    shane turns to a zombie   ?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #2469
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,287 Posts
    There's a serious lack of beards in this show. You'd think some of the men would go "This is an apocalypse, fuck shaving!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #2470
    August 2011
    410 Posts
    There's a serious lack of beards in this show. You'd think some of the men would go "This is an apocalypse, fuck shaving!"
    "but we have to maintain our humanity"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #2471
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,003 Posts
    Well, ever since    Dale    bit the dust, the beardacity of TWD has indeed dropped a little too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2472
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,241 Posts
    T dog needs a Mr T style beard
    and his hair, too

so he can be    Mr T Dog   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2473
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    12,750 Posts
    So what if a shark finds these lovely sea crawlers and decides to bite them?
    We have giant great white zombie sharks?

Good lord that's terrifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #2474
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,307 Posts
    I think the most practical reason they(the producers) don't do this is because the actors want their faces seen. Part of the benefits of starring in something is people SEE you starring in it.

It would make it more believable though if the people got rougher and rougher looking at least from season to season. For anyone who has ever seen the reality tv show Survivor, you know those people look harsh at the end, and they aren't really suffering. It's just unavoidable that when you live without all the little luxuries you normally have(like running hot water), your appearance starts slipping.

35. Post #2475
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Rick is a lot rougher now than he was at the beginning.

The problem is mostly the secondary cast, I think. The women all look the exact same, especially.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #2476
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,003 Posts
    Rick is a lot rougher now than he was at the beginning.

The problem is mostly the secondary cast, I think. The women all look the exact same, especially.
    There's more problems with the secondary cast than looking the same (besides the painfully obvious one of course).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

37. Post #2477
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Well yeah but we're just talking about how people look right now.

38. Post #2478
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    What do you guys think about the new Telltale The Walking Dead game? It certainly looks interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #2479
    October 2010
    10,376 Posts
    Not my kinda game, don't like those kinda games that are almost all cutscenes and quickmotion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #2480
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,899 Posts
    Is there any commentary by the producers that explains why they make T Dog entirely pointless apart from that Merle scene in the second episode?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)